4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Luigi Goterelli

Harwood Butcher 1066

Harwood Butcher 1066

Who else was disappointed that Luigi did not make a appearance in Liberty City Stories?

He wasn't needed. By the time Sex Club Seven would be open, Toni wouldn't have a reason to go back to Portland, mission-wise. It would've been cool to see his beginnings, and a friendship could've been established between Toni and Luigi.

• Like 3

Agreed, he wasn't as needed as a character like JD O'Toole in that part. Would've been cool to meet him though since Mickey is in the game.

Disappointed he didn't appear. We knew less of the Leones in a game dedicated to them than we learned in III. It should've been the other way around.

• Like 1

I was quite shocked he didn't appear. Same goes for Joey.

• Like 2

Harwood Butcher 1066

I know! Shocking about Joey, the reason I really wanted to play Liberty City stories was because I felt there wasn't enough leone action in GTA III and the Mafia is the best gangs and then most of the original Leone's are not in it!

He was at San andreas looking for people who can drive Misty for him.

• Like 6

I don't think he was needed. Seeing as JD owned Sex Club 7 at the time, and when JD dies the game goes to Staunton Island shortly after. However I was kinda disappointed that he didn't appear and wasn't even mentioned, seeing as he was supposed to be a Capo for the Leone Family.

Edited by thedriver111

The Byzantine Empire

Toni is the elite hitman of the Leone Family in LCS, he usually take direct orders and secret missions from Salvatore Leone without connecting with other medium ranked Leone members. He doesn't involved into Leone's inside diplomatic problems. But in other way, Claude is just a hired muscle for Leone's low quality dirty bussines so he meet Luigi, "Capo" Toni, Joey and then Salvatore. He was following steps in Mafia tree. Luigi was the first step.

But Toni is an agent. He is pure member of Leone, Salvatore's closest ally and his personal hitman. Luigi takes his position because of Toni's activities in the Sindacco Brothel on Redlight District.

• 3 months later...

I don't get get why some of you are saying he's not needed when Sex Club Seven wasn't open. Instead of being an owner of a club, he could've helped Toni out on missions for Salvatore. They could've been partners, exchanging funny dialogue and kicking ass. That would've been pretty cool. Keep in mind, LCS is a prequel to III, so it makes sense for him to do grunt work before he becomes a club owner.

Edited by Ray

He needed to be there the Mafia is kinda like a family everybody knows everybody. Joey and Luigi needed to be in it hell they even got Mickey Hamfists to appear

The Mysterious One

Maybe R* wants him to make an appearance but Joe Pantoliano is expensive actor to hire again

I am sure that Rockstar could have hired another actor to do his voice. Donald Love wasn't voiced by Kyle MacLachlan in LCS. So why couldn't Luigi be voiced by someone else? Same with Ray. Robert Loggia didn't do the voice-acting for him.

• Like 1

Naughtius Maximus

Oh yeah, after big old JD was put down, I was expecting Luigi to make an appearance, setting up the managership of the Sex Club Seven. I was a little disappointed, yes. Also like other fellas here in the topic have said LCS was a shame in terms of being a game that should discover more about Leones, but in return, only thing I got is "Toni is a closeted homosexual that is in love with Sal, harking back to Smithers' thing with Mr. Burns from The Simpsons. However, he tries to push out his feelings, otherwise he could get clipped on mafia code."

Of course I'm not completely serious, just joking but what else we got in the story: just Toni running errands for his beloved Don Leone and often saving his ass. I did enjoy the game, but to be serious, despite being a game concerned on Leones, that left a lot of blanks that should have been filled. Why not make Luigi a calculating capo? Why not make him carefully planning territory wars and possibly the whole scheme on Paulie's Revenue Bar? And in return, he's given the control of the club?

Only thing I liked about LCS' touch on Leones was Mickey Hamfists, he did appear quite shortly but he's shown as a cold-blooded hitman as much as it can be predicted. Period!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@above What you bolded up made me crack up :D the truth between them, for real.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

He could be partner for Toni, like Sam was partner to Tommy Angelo in Mafia. He can be also Leone's gun seller like Vincenzo.

About Joey he can be guy for cars. He can replace licence plates and give as false car documents. At the end he can even give us missions like Lucas Bertone.

Ah dreams that never happen.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

He could be partner for Toni, like Sam was partner to Tommy Angelo in Mafia. He can be also Leone's gun seller like Vincenzo.

About Joey he can be guy for cars. He can replace licence plates and give as false car documents. At the end he can even give us missions like Lucas Bertone.

Ah dreams that never happen.

Damn awesome yeah you're right and don't forget that Toni could recruit 3 Leone goons to protect him if there are troubles. Btw Sam wasn't his partner, Sam was the peace of traitor sh*t, Tommy's real partner and friend was Paulie ;)

Damn I was going to write Paulie :|But speaking about Sam.Tommy was treating him like friend he save his live a lot of times. But Sam doesn't care about. He only thinks about himself.

In conclusion: yeah Sam was a sh*t.I'm glad that Tommy make him another hole in ass.

Edited by Honker1944

• 2 months later...

Speaking of missing characters Asuka and Kenji would have been great to see especially after Kazuki's death.

Edited by Zello

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, Luigi and Joey never made an appearance? What about 8-ball? That's like saying epsilon wasn't in iii or vice city... Which it wasn't!

October of my joined date's year was when I beat the game, before it became unplayable for me. I beat the game once but played it on PSP and ps2.

8-Ball gave Toni 2 missions in Donald Love's name close to end of the game. His role was similar to his GTA3 minus The Introduction (that is, he takes money off of you ask that he can give you explosives for your next mission.

Keeping in topic, it was a shame they didn't include Luigi, he was my favorite character after Asuka in GTA3 (which also didn't appear). It would be so cool if he was Toni's mob partner. We could even see them rising in the ranks together.

And about Asuka and Kenji, I guess their stories would be told in a "GTA: LCS 2" set in 1999, shame it can never happen :(

Edited by Gettoru