2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Bribe LSC mechanics

NEEGOLAZ

It's pretty annoying how we can't mod cars we steal off the street- this is GTA. I completely understand the economy aspect of it, so why can't we just pay the price of the car to the mechanic as a bribe and he will remove the tracker and mod it for us?

Just kinda annoying to see a car you really like on the street, not be able to mod it, then have to go to the corresponding website to order it, wait for it to be delivered, then go to your garage or call your mechanic, then finally mod it.

I get that a lot of people on this forum are high level, have been playing online for a long time, and know all the cars by heart and therefore see this as a useless feature. Please keep in mind that there was once a time where you didn't know what car was what and in what class.

• Like 3

Just work towards a nice car. That's the way this game works.

• Like 3

So you're telling me that you want to be lazy?

Work like the rest of us.

• Like 2

what? this is just a convenience thing. you'd be paying the exact same amount of money.

Say you found an infernus on the street. You hijack it, drive it, and it's awesome. You drive it to the mod shop to make it your own, but you can't because it's too hot. SO, pay $440,000 to the LSC mechanic. he will remove the tracker and you will enter the mod shop like you would normally where you can put mods on it, paint it, etc. Then drive it to your garage where you can store it because it doesn't have a tracker anymore, the LSC guy removed it.

As opposed to seeing an infernus, loving it, driving it to the mod shop, getting disappointed, going to the two car websites and looking for it, buying it from there, waiting for it to be delivered, driving back to your garage, entering your garage, entering your infernus, exiting your garage, driving back to the mod shop, most likely paying to repair it before you can finally mod the awesome car you found on the street.

Nope, only takes a few extra second to order it. Sorry but this idea just seems pointless and lazy.

See the car, steal the car, keep the car is how it really should be. It's GTA for crying out loud. Still don't understand why R* makes it such a big deal.

what? this is just a convenience thing. you'd be paying the exact same amount of money.

Say you found an infernus on the street. You hijack it, drive it, and it's awesome. You drive it to the mod shop to make it your own, but you can't because it's too hot. SO, pay $440,000 to the LSC mechanic. he will remove the tracker and you will enter the mod shop like you would normally where you can put mods on it, paint it, etc. Then drive it to your garage where you can store it because it doesn't have a tracker anymore, the LSC guy removed it.

As opposed to seeing an infernus, loving it, driving it to the mod shop, getting disappointed, going to the two car websites and looking for it, buying it from there, waiting for it to be delivered, driving back to your garage, entering your garage, entering your infernus, exiting your garage, driving back to the mod shop, most likely paying to repair it before you can finally mod the awesome car you found on the street.

So you're telling me you would pay full price for a car off the road then rather taking 2 minutes out of your time to have it delivered?

Impatient is what im hearing.

• Like 2

CrysisAverted

We aren't criminals dude

we are good citizens

we pay our rent

we pay our mechanic

we pay for our cars

we pay to retrieve impounded cars

we pay for clothes

we pay for candy

we pay for haircuts

we pay for shaving

we pay for going topless

we pay for insurance

we pay for modifications

we pay for hookers

we pay for lap dances

Edited by CrysisAverted
  • Like 9

It'd be harder finding the car you want on the street than it would be to just order it on the phone...makes no sense

We aren't criminals dude

we are good citizens

we pay our rent

we pay our mechanic

we pay for our cars

we pay to retrieve impounded cars

we pay for clothes

we pay for candy

we pay for haircuts

we pay for shaving

we pay for going topless

we pay for insurance

we pay for modifications

we pay for hookers

we pay for lap dances

I dont pay for impounded cars, but besides that its all true 😁

Arctic Midnight

So you're telling me you would pay full price for a car off the road then rather taking 2 minutes out of your time to have it delivered?

Impatient is what im hearing.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. This is just that other way, akin to how we can buy a car off southernandreassuperautos.com OR we can choose to just steal it instead.

It'd be harder finding the car you want on the street than it would be to just order it on the phone...makes no sense

of course, it'd be stupid to go car hunting.. this is for newer players or people who don't play often (over half of the player base) who stumble upon a car they like and then have to spend the next 10 minutes finding and buying it before they can use it

And for everyone calling me impatient.. are you f*cking kidding me? This is a video game, I don't have to be patient. I want to enjoy it. On top of that, it's a goddamn crime game, i want to steal a car, bribe a guy, and own it. It raises my appreciation and enjoyment of the car itself.. if I want to play billionaire and order multiple sports cars online with the click of the button I still can

• Like 1

JohnnyCallisto

I like the idea personally - I prefer to hunt for a car off the street if I can (it is called Grand Theft Auto after all!)

• Like 2

Crunch McThornbody

Rockstar should've made it so if you take a high end car to LSC and it reject it, you get a direct option to buy an identical one that gets put in your garage.

When I started playing Online I hadn't learnt all the names of the vehicles in play, and couple that with mostly seeing the back of the stolen vehicle (due to 3rd person driving view) it made it difficult to identify the correct vehicle in the phone menu because they only ever show the front view.

Edited by Crunch McThornbody

I agree with the OP and the post previous to mine. This IS Grand Theft Auto, after all. There should be a way to keep any car we can steal. However, I could understand if you have to earn or somehow unlock the ability to keep stolen "premium" cars.

I like the idea personally - I prefer to hunt for a car off the street if I can (it is called Grand Theft Auto after all!)

...and the most-stolen vehicles, IRL, are average vehicles, and never high-end ones

...and the most-stolen vehicles, IRL, are average vehicles, and never high-end ones

grand theft auto, not life simulator. IRL there aren't 10 pigalles at one intersection, either

• Like 1

Arctic Midnight

I go car hunting because I like the thrill of the hunt. Sort of like IRL: Why go hunting when you can go to the store and buy it? Same principal. Plus I like to save money that way.

• Like 1

GhostlySentinel

The reason they turn you away is because it wouldn't make any sense for them to remove the tracker, as the police could, you know, track it.

...IRL there aren't 10 pigalles at one intersection, either

I'm sure there are a lot of Maseratis hitting the streets after a Douchebag Convention

The_B1u3_Jay

If you're gonna be paying for the full car price anyway, then whats the point of it? Unless you're a newbie, you should already know if a car is considered to be "too hot". The stuff you listed in the last paragraph will only take you about 5 minutes anyway.

Edited by Awesom-0

Would rather have a feature to buy cars already fully modded. Separate cars into different price classes like in real life. Basic package, extra package, sports package and racing package. Paint and cosmetics are done at lsc.

• Like 1

If you're gonna be paying for the full car price anyway, then whats the point of it? Unless you're a newbie, you should already know if a car is considered to be "too hot".

the point is atmosphere, immersion, and convenience

JohnnyCallisto

If you're gonna be paying for the full car price anyway, then whats the point of it? Unless you're a newbie, you should already know if a car is considered to be "too hot".

the point is atmosphere, immersion, and convenience

It could have a slight discount to encourage car hunters - 5% maybe? - and maybe it could just be one LSC, like Beekers? It's not the finished product, but it's a decent idea :) ...and to everyone who keeps pointing out what happens "IRL" - I'm 28 years old, I'm quite aware of what happens in real life thank you...I've seen more premium car thefts in my time than space ships and ghosts - but, guess what? They made it in to GTAV!

Edited by JohnnyCallisto

When making a new account today I noticed that when you insure your first vehicle you get a message saying that the insurance is there in case your vehicle is destroyed or "stolen"...

The "stolen" part got me thinking, some guy steals your car, drives off, you can just kick him out of it.

Then worst case scenario he destroys it and you call MMI to get it back and so on.

But why insure the car for eventual theft? What's the point in that?

Did they maybe imagine a system where you could steal other personal vehicles and track/insure them for yourself?

Probably just my imagination playing games on me with my lack of sleep combined with the fact it's 5:29 am... Hehehe

askinnywhitedildo

The whole "we should be able to steal any car we want" sh*t is getting annoying.

The difference between stealing a 1998 Nissan Altima and a 2014 Audi R8, is like stealing a piece of candy and robbing a bank.

Not much effort will be put into finding that stolen cheap car, but massive effort will be put in finding the stolen Audi.

It makes sense why we can't steal massively expensive cars.

Arctic Midnight

The whole "we should be able to steal any car we want" sh*t is getting annoying.

The difference between stealing a 1998 Nissan Altima and a 2014 Audi R8, is like stealing a piece of candy and robbing a bank.

Not much effort will be put into finding that stolen cheap car, but massive effort will be put in finding the stolen Audi.

I get what you mean, but this is GTA. Nobody is looking for any stolen vehicles.

Not a single person on this thread has yet mentioned the great idea of being able to drive the vehicle you're looking at buying before spending that oh-so-precious GTA Online money for it.

Now of course, you can do this in Single Player for the most part, but with this example you shouldn't assume people have played SP enough to have every upgrade unlocked, and have enough cash to afford it. I had an idea that was somewhat similar to this, "Special Simeon Vehicles" in a similar way there are Special Crates. These vehicles would appear on a lobby much less often, but they'd be the higher end ($100,000 +) vehicles that could either a) be sold to Simeon as usual but for a much higher reward or, b) be able to keep the vehicle by driving into LSC and paying half the original cost of the vehicle as a reward for obtaining the SSV.
Of course, if a $440k Infernus suddenly becomes $220k, then there would have to be some challenge to getting that vehicle (rival gang AI chasing you for example).

Just an idea, but yeah there should be at least some way of doing it.

Edited by Gaffa
  • Like 2

but this is not real life. why would more effort be put into finding a stolen car than a cop killer? because we can totally murder 15 cops, hide in an alley, and be fine for life.

Stealing cars is fun. The way i've layed it out, you're still paying for it.

Now this is an interesting point to bring up, but not one that I feel means we can't steal any car. You make some comparisons to real life. In real life, it's still possible to steal an R8, but the response would be proportionately greater. This can be done in the game as well. Stealing any premium vehicle could result in an instant two-star wanted level (like an HPV). Maybe even three stars for the really expensive stuff.

And then what happens? If you manage to evade the police, you should still have to take it somewhere special to get the car stripped of its of its tracker, which wouldn't be cheap. Cheaper than buying it, sure, but not inexpensive.

And the ability to do that last part doesn't have to be something that just anyone could do at any time. It could be an ability that you unlock, perhaps by stealing and selling a certain number of cheaper cars. A real-life chop shop isn't going to let just anyone bring in a car, you'd have to earn some trust with them first. That can be done in the game.

So this really isn't just as simple as "we should be able to steal and keep any car anytime we want".

• Like 3