2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Karin Technical Worthless

ChanzaLanza

ChanzaLanza

When I saw the Technical for the first time I was instantly in love. I am a huge fan of the Rebel and adding a gigantic machine gun on the back just increased my fondness ten fold. I played with it through the heist strand with Trevor and it performed brilliantly. I saved and saved my money so that I could afford it as soon as possible. I buy it as soon as I reach that 950,000 mark, and what do I find???

NO BULLET-PROOF TIRES

The moment your friend starts firing that gun you get the police on your tail, and what is the first thing that happens? Your tires start popping. After a minute you have likely lost all 4 tires and are driving solely on your rims. This is TERRIBLE.

Congratulations Rockstar, you have made this beautiful mobile shooting platform a completely ineffective MOBILE shooting platform. I have wasted all that money gained through days of heisting. Now it's gone and I'm left with a completely worthless piece of crap. Yeah sure, it can be used as a stationary shooting platform, but I could've just saved up for the Insurgent w/ gun.

IT COMES ONLY IN WHITE

Great, I love being forced to use this white paint job... Not like it was black and rusty in the heist missions or anything [sarcasm]. When ordering this vehicle, color selection is completely missing from the Warstock Cache & Carry website.

IT CANNOT BE MODDED IN ANY WAY WHAT-SO-EVER

Forget about taking it to LS Customs to upgrade to bullet-proof tires. Forget about changing the paint job. The Technical is a Pegasus vehicle, and thus has exactly zero ability to receive any kind of customization or modification.

--- Other Issues ---

1. HEISTS ARE EXTREMELY SCRIPTED

This spoils replay value and kills the intensity and immersion. Once we have memorized every enemy location and figured out all the tricks, teamwork will be almost unnecessary. Prison Break mission is so heavily scripted that I know the movements of every enemy, same with Humane Labs. On several heists, forget about paving your own path of escape on foot, the game picks one for you.

2. HOW IS DEFENDING TREVOR CONSIDERED A HEIST?

There is literally nothing heisty about defending a garage or stash of drugs. Since when has Trevor ever needed defending? What crap is this?

3. HEISTS ARE FUN (the first couple times) AND NOT WORTH THE MONEY

I have several friends who have hosted heists and ended up with less money than they started with before the update. Sound impossible? Factor in the startup costs, the ammo, the snacks, the armor, and all the replays. Now you start to see it.

Heists can be extremely time consuming and the rewards is around $100,000-200,000. Factor in all the time you spent doing the setups, hitting quick restart, and all the supplies, and suddenly you realize that you could have double that amount in a fraction of the time by doing standard missions and other jobs.

Sure, if you join up on someone's actual heist (without doing the setups) you could end up with decent cheese... but you are also much more likely to get a really crappy cut.

This is truly a shame and very backwards. Gotta sell them shark cards, huh?

4. HEISTS ARE CREATED AS A SINGLE-TIME STORY SEQUENCE

It makes no sense why my character is rescuing the exact same man from prison over and over again. What the hell? Using a narrative with names and cutscenes is great for first impressions, but after that first time it murders all sense of immersion.

I see that impressing the reviewers is more important than impressing the players. Using non-specifics on exact names and other elements could go a long way. Variables please...

5. SO MUCH IS JUST FOR SHOW

Do gas masks protect you from tear gas? NO, it's just for show.

Do masks do anything at all? NO, it's just for show.
Feel free to leave your face uncovered.

Do you actually have to be cautious about posing as police officers in the station? NO, it's just for show.
Go ahead and run through the station to grab the schedule and run on out. The cops don't mind.

Do you actually have to keep your headlights off when stealthing the EMP into Humane Labs?
Nope, that's just for show.

Does shooting out the lights work for stealth like taught to us in Story Mode? No, it's just for show.

6. DIFFERENT RULES FOR DIFFERENT UNIVERSES

When in heists can you call for a helicopter like in missions? Can you use any of your toys and gear except for what's provided? Often the answer is NO, so I say WHY?

Why do Heists, Missions, and Free Roam all have separate rules and conditions. Not only is it annoying to have to learn the rules differences for each "universe", but it also makes exactly zero sense. There are more creative ways to create game balancing than restricting the player.

Remember when GTA used to be all about doing the missions YOUR way?

Edited by ChanzaLanza

20% minimum for any heist... get away with 100k on the jail break one at hard difficulty.

And quit complaining, they'll release more heists.

I agree with a lot of these points, but have still had a blast playing them. I play with friends who enjoy "role-playing" when it comes to turning off your lights, acting like a cop,etc. Granted it would be nice if the game mechanics supported this.

Oh, and no bullet proof tires on the technical?! That is worse than not having them on the big dump truck. Should definitely be addressed at the least.

So is most of the missions in GTA:O, or would you expect Madrazo to accept 10000 documents a day, and the hotel to have unlimited 9F Cabrio's for you to steal?

The complaints about the Technical are exactly why I'm not buying it (also the price). I understand why you can't store it but to not give it bulletproof tires is incredibly dumb. I just wish the gun on the Technical was on the Insurgent.

I enjoyed the heists we were given by I am extremely bummed out that you can't call in Pegasus vehicles upon replaying them. Even if it invalidated the 10 million dollar challenge and reduced your overall take they would be SO MUCH MORE FUN with Pegasus vehicles.

This vehicle just seems stupid even before seeing the price, no armor, no armored Windows, extremely vulnerable gunner position, then to find out its almost a million for a $3000 truck with a 50 cal taped to it? Lol that's ridiculous, just buy the unarmed insurgent, takes like 8 rpgs to destroy it and you can still throw bombs, only downside is a properly aimed shot with a normal gun can get you through the windows in the front

This vehicle just seems stupid even before seeing the price, no armor, no armored Windows, extremely vulnerable gunner position, then to find out its almost a million for a $3000 truck with a 50 cal taped to it? Lol that's ridiculous, just buy the unarmed insurgent, takes like 8 rpgs to destroy it and you can still throw bombs, only downside is a properly aimed shot with a normal gun can get you through the windows in the front

Absolutely. Was in a free roam battle yesterday with friends vs randoms who attacked us and one of my friends pulled out his gun-less Insurgent and sold me on it immediately. I went through so many sticky bombs, just throwing them out the window at enemy cars chasing us.

You can just put a sticky on the front of the Insurgent and get close to someone and detonate it and the Insurgent will survive. Then you just go pay $400 bucks to repair the damage and you're back in battle.

• Like 2

After I bought today the Insurgent pick up I asked myself "Do I really need to buy the Karin Technical too?". Now I know that I don't.

Edited by shmok2

AIDSfromMeth

i know i was really bummed out to see i didn't have bullet poof tires, on the other side i can shoot the gun without someone having to be in the driver seat.

Agree with all of these points, but only when I look at the game seriously. The inability to use your own vehicles and/or call in Peg or Mercs is a bit much. Buying these vehcs are pointless as well, due to not having any reason to use em other than to mess about. The Technical I thought useless, since I couldn't control the gun. Whats teh use of a gun turret, if i cant use it? Gotta have someone else drive or switch seats in the middle of a firefight! Kinda lame. The pricing is unreal for this new stuff as well. Its the 8 millon award, just for the Peg vehcs!

So far the only Vehc that I can see being usefull and worth the money, is the Karuma. Failing any mission, on any difficulty, is unheard of now.

As for money, spot on. You can make 3X as much money, in the same amount of time, grinding any other mission. But the missions are somewhat challenging, some anyway. The last escape on the last hiest has proven much more difficult than expected, though I sorta attribute it to a less than good gamer being on my team...I did tell my crew to practice with all the different vehcs, but no "I dont like riding motorcycles" was a better response...

And while we bugging about stuff, whats the little icon sitting on my armor bar now? I cant figure it out...though I havent spent a lot of time on it...

i know i was really bummed out to see i didn't have bullet poof tires, on the other side i can shoot the gun without someone having to be in the driver seat.

You can do this with the Insurgent too, just climb onto the roof where the gun is and enter from there.

And this my friend is why you do your research before spending all of your hard-earned cash on something as bad as this.

• Like 2

When I saw the Technical for the first time I was instantly in love. I am a huge fan of the Rebel and adding a gigantic machine gun on the back just increased my fondness ten fold. I played with it through the heist strand with Trevor and it performed brilliantly. I saved and saved my money so that I could afford it as soon as possible. I buy it as soon as I reach that 950,000 mark, and what do I find???

NO BULLET-PROOF TIRES

The moment your friend starts firing that gun you get the police on your tail, and what is the first thing that happens? Your tires start popping. After a minute you have likely lost all 4 tires and are driving solely on your rims. This is TERRIBLE.

Congratulations Rockstar, you have made this beautiful mobile shooting platform a completely ineffective MOBILE shooting platform. I have wasted all that money gained through days of heisting. Now it's gone and I'm left with a completely worthless piece of crap. Yeah sure, it can be used as a stationary shooting platform, but I could've just saved up for the Insurgent w/ gun.

IT COMES ONLY IN WHITE

Great, I love being forced to use this white paint job... Not like it was black and rusty in the heist missions or anything [sarcasm]. When ordering this vehicle, color selection is completely missing from the Warstock Cache & Carry website.

IT CANNOT BE MODDED IN ANY WAY WHAT-SO-EVER

Forget about taking it to LS Customs to upgrade to bullet-proof tires. Forget about changing the paint job. The Technical is a Pegasus vehicle, and thus has exactly zero ability to receive any kind of customization or modification.

--- Other Issues ---

1. HEISTS ARE EXTREMELY SCRIPTED

This spoils replay value and kills the intensity and immersion. Once we have memorized every enemy location and figured out all the tricks, teamwork will be almost unnecessary. Prison Break mission is so heavily scripted that I know the movements of every enemy, same with Humane Labs. On several heists, forget about paving your own path of escape on foot, the game picks one for you.

2. HOW IS DEFENDING TREVOR CONSIDERED A HEIST?

There is literally nothing heisty about defending a garage or stash of drugs. Since when has Trevor ever needed defending? What crap is this?

3. HEISTS ARE FUN (the first couple times) AND NOT WORTH THE MONEY

I have several friends who have hosted heists and ended up with less money than they started with before the update. Sound impossible? Factor in the startup costs, the ammo, the snacks, the armor, and all the replays. Now you start to see it.

Heists can be extremely time consuming and the rewards is around $100,000-200,000. Factor in all the time you spent doing the setups, hitting quick restart, and all the supplies, and suddenly you realize that you could have double that amount in a fraction of the time by doing standard missions and other jobs.

Sure, if you join up on someone's actual heist (without doing the setups) you could end up with decent cheese... but you are also much more likely to get a really crappy cut.

This is truly a shame and very backwards. Gotta sell them shark cards, huh?

It makes no sense why my character is rescuing the exact same man from prison over and over again. What the hell? Using a narrative with names and cutscenes is great for first impressions, but after that first time it murders all sense of immersion.

I see that impressing the reviewers is more important than impressing the players. Using non-specifics on exact names and other elements could go a long way. Variables please...

5. SO MUCH IS JUST FOR SHOW

Do gas masks protect you from tear gas? NO, it's just for show.

Do masks do anything at all? NO, it's just for show.

Feel free to leave your face uncovered.

Do you actually have to be cautious about posing as police officers in the station? NO, it's just for show.

Go ahead and run through the station to grab the schedule and run on out. The cops don't mind.

Do you actually have to keep your headlights off when stealthing the EMP into Humane Labs?

Nope, that's just for show.

Does shooting out the lights work for stealth like taught to us in Story Mode? No, it's just for show.

6. DIFFERENT RULES FOR DIFFERENT UNIVERSES

When in heists can you call for a helicopter like in missions? Can you use any of your toys and gear except for what's provided? Often the answer is NO, so I say WHY?

Why do Heists, Missions, and Free Roam all have separate rules and conditions. Not only is it annoying to have to learn the rules differences for each "universe", but it also makes exactly zero sense. There are more creative ways to create game balancing than restricting the player.

Remember when GTA used to be all about doing the missions YOUR way?

Possibly a Bitch & Moan topic?

I agree this isn't worth $1m but you really should do your research, as the guy above said, before buying ANY expensive vehicle. As for why they don't let you use pegasus vehicles on heists, is that really a valid question? If they allowed you to use your own pegasus's in heists, or even your own PV's, imagine how much the difficulty would drop.

Ex. The Pacific Standard Job - Finale. The escape would have been easy as hell if you could use your own vehicle, but they want you to work for that cash.

EDIT: after thoroughly reading your post, I truly believe that you need to chill...

Edited by ExEminer1
  • Like 2

ClearlyJesseIsGreat

The thing that sold the Karin Technical to ME was the fact that, unlike the HVY Insurgent, you DON'T need a driver to man the turret. You can park up wherever you please, climb in the back, wreck shop, and be on your way. This may not be overly useful against competent players, but let's face it, none of the heist vehicles really are. The Insurgent is more defensive than offensive unless you have someone on the gun, and it does less damage than the Technical's mounted gun. It is a high price, but out of all the heist vehicles, I've used it the second most as a single player free roam toy. First being the Hydra, obviously. Mile high fist fights on the back of a jump jet? Yes, please.

Absolutely. Was in a free roam battle yesterday with friends vs randoms who attacked us and one of my friends pulled out his gun-less Insurgent and sold me on it immediately. I went through so many sticky bombs, just throwing them out the window at enemy cars chasing us.

You can just put a sticky on the front of the Insurgent and get close to someone and detonate it and the Insurgent will survive. Then you just go pay $400 bucks to repair the damage and you're back in battle.

Haha some dude saw his crew mate trying to kill me in my insurgent and failing so he tried and failed. Then tried to go off the radar and grab a tank which I expected, sped over there took 3 direct tanks shots and got next to him 3 stickies while next to him n blew him up lol

Buying these vehicles are pointless as well, due to not having any reason to use em other than to mess about.

I did "Chop Chop" with a gtao mate & we used my Insurgent Pickup to kill the Mercenaries in the Airport & after that we used my Savage to kill the Mercenaries in their remote stations. Using the new stuff in contact missions allows you to experience the game in a new way.

• Like 2

After we all saw how awesome a standard pegasus vechicle becomes when garage stored (the marshall). There's no excuse for rockstar to not allow them all in the garage. Im not buying any land vehicle that can't be stored again and im surprised anyone still is. Biggest joke ever.

The thing that sold the Karin Technical to ME was the fact that, unlike the HVY Insurgent, you DON'T need a driver to man the turret. You can park up wherever you please, climb in the back, wreck shop, and be on your way. This may not be overly useful against competent players, but let's face it, none of the heist vehicles really are. The Insurgent is more defensive than offensive unless you have someone on the gun, and it does less damage than the Technical's mounted gun. It is a high price, but out of all the heist vehicles, I've used it the second most as a single player free roam toy. First being the Hydra, obviously. Mile high fist fights on the back of a jump jet? Yes, please.

Possible with Insurgent as well.

Technical is wrong priced poor-quality Insurgent.

As for OP's points, I agree. Especially about the limitation part. But well, GTAO is talking about 'unlimited possibilities' while having tons of restrictions that have been killing bunch of possibilities..

Boop, you can do the same with the insurgent.

Red Lynx 23

I discovered that you can indeed pass the yellow checkpoints getting from LS to the Dinghy in the last heist. I had no choice last night, as I double checked if I had a parachute for the cliff jump..and did not.

Wildfire_08

Damn he's pissed.

There will be more heists, fact.

I understand the frustration with the Series A "Heist", to me that was the most boring of the 4 and shouldn't be considered a heist at all.

As for the Technical, I wouldn't say it's worthless, just more of a challenge to use in free mode, especially in autoaim.

It should have bulletproof tires though, that's absolutely a must, but as far as adjustments to it, I'd like to see maybe a bulletproof sheet at the back of the player which rotates with the players movement.

It's still funny as hell though seeing characters on the turret and dressed up as some mujahid sh*t, haha.

I discovered that you can indeed pass the yellow checkpoints getting from LS to the Dinghy in the last heist. I had no choice last night, as I double checked if I had a parachute for the cliff jump..and did not.

You mean you can literally just drive straight to the dinghy a totally different way and not bother with any yellow checkpoints?

Edited by Wildfire_08

ChanzaLanza

Serious criticism doesn't mean someone is pissed or needs to chill. All things in life should be evaluated critically, that's how things get better.

If it works in free roam, it should work in missions and heists. Different rules for different universes implies we are in different universes and kills immersion. There are more creative ways of game balancing and creating difficulty then simply taking away our abilities and toys for no logical, explainable, or apparent reason other than blatant game balancing.

The final heist doesn't even require the motorbikes if you stop a car and all get in.

The Technical would be fun if I could use it in single player as a stationary gunner platform. It's pretty crap to put all these new vehicles in the game files and then just leave them out of single player. I see no excuse for that other than just not giving a crap on Rockstar's behalf. It's odd how I received a message in single player after the update about having new special vehicles in my garage, yet there is nothing new there in the list.

The heists are so scripted that in many of the missions enemies will spawn in the exact same locations, every single time. I have already memorized the majority of these locations.

Imagine if the enemies came from several different attack directions, or were more randomly placed. It would provide new challenges and you could use new tactics and toys each time.

I still don't understand why, with all the full-interior fleeca bank locations across the map, they haven't given us a free-roam mini heist option (kinda like store robbery), but requires multiple players to actually go successfully.

Yes, even the missions are bit too specific on the exact details of what is involved. Simply changing the names a bit, attack directions, enemy setup locations, etc... could go a long way.

The ultimate solution to this problem would be to allow user created story-missions for creator mode. This could be extremely simple to pull off. Give us basic scripting control over the enemies, use of interiors, and let us set an objective and description. Simple. I think the obvious reason this hasn't happened yet is because Rockstar's lawyers know that we can do it better.

The heists are fun yeah... Some of them. But let's be honest, a lot of them feel like been-there done-that multiplayer versions of story missions.

- Humane Labs heists is pretty much identical to the one in Story Mode, but with a backwards path.
- Stealthing The Lost biker camp was nearly identical to Story Mode mission where you blow up the trailers with stickies.

Also, the setup mission where you photograph vans... With my crew, I literally did nothing the entire setup because it was so poorly explained and nothing was required of my role at all. We still succeeded on our first try. What is with the constant blathering of the story characters where they make something so simple into this complicated "what the hell are they on about now?"

Edited by ChanzaLanza

TheDoombringer

Using a Valkyrie in the Los santos connection made me love that mission a lot more, so no not all the Pegasus vehicles are useless

As for the insurgent....love it might get the pickup next

This is genius... Noble Grand Theft Auto Prize candidate right here.

Ai®a©ob®a

The thing that sold the Karin Technical to ME was the fact that, unlike the HVY Insurgent, you DON'T need a driver to man the turret.

You don't need a driver to man the turret on the insurgent either..

Just hold Y/Triangle/Jump onto the roof and press Y/Triangle and you'll get into the turret

Phantomspirit

Heists are much better than I expected,great fun,matchmaking is the problem,not Rockstars fault,it's Players fcking around. The vehicles are a minefield,you need to research before buying,otherwise you will come a cropper as above.

ChanzaLanza

Yeah, you're right on research. I should've expected that my vehicle purchase could defy all logic and common sense by coming with unmodifiable tires that get popped within only a couple minutes after firing the gun. My goodness Rockstar, really???

Minefield is right... Such a shame.

Ex. The Pacific Standard Job - Finale. The escape would have been easy as hell if you could use your own vehicle, but they want you to work for that cash.

Such a pain in the balls. Seriously did they need to make it that stupid? Its not so much hard as just silly. In the end it was so easy I wanted to kick myself for failing...though actually one of my crew mates just sucks and died numerous times. Finally had to take drastic measures to make it easier for him. Im not saying how publicly though..no spoilers. TBH tthough I havent had to do it yet, the code cracking in the very first heist seems to be messing with people.

• Like 1