3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Must be a new God Mode glitch on the PS4

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

I had a guy open up on me for no reason, so I returned the favor. He had cops on him and they had him pinned and occupied. I gained the high ground and took a bead on him with my heavy sniper. The gun wouldn't fire as long as the crosshairs were on him. I could shoot the vehicle, but not him. I hit the car he was taking cover behind with a rpg and still he didn't die. I thought all this bullsh*t was on the damn PS3 and Xbox!

Lol I shot a guy so much with the assault shotgun he fell on the ground and rolled down the street as i kept shooting him. He then proceeded to get up, get in his car, and state "stop shooting me already" I'm on ps4 all it takes is them figuring out the encryption and making decryption software then the mods flow like water.

Edited by Sithisvoid

onefast96svt

I'm not sure if they patched it yet but there was a passive mode glitch that you could do. Cops could shoot you but other players couldn't. Either it was patched or another patched unpatched the patch that patched it.

God I love cheaters. They have to be like hey guys look at how good I am at this video game, I'm a boss. More like the shape of an L on there forehead.

God I love cheaters. They have to be like hey guys look at how good I am at this video game, I'm a boss. More like the shape of an L on there forehead.

I love them more when they like to talk trash about it. Like they actually accomplished something. Sometimes I unplug my mic and have a nice laugh

I love them more when they like to talk trash about it. Like they actually accomplished something. Sometimes I unplug my mic and have a nice laugh

Why unplug? Hearing us laugh makes them rage even harder.

• Like 3

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

I'm not sure if they patched it yet but there was a passive mode glitch that you could do. Cops could shoot you but other players couldn't. Either it was patched or another patched unpatched the patch that patched it.

But he could shoot also. It can't be that glitch. My trigger would not pull when the crosshairs were on him. Very strange.

onefast96svt

Yeah they can shoot too. It thinks there in passive but they aren't. So they kinda get the best of both worlds except for the cops shooting them

I had this happen to me yesterday, kept the crosshairs on a guy, but couldn't fire until it wasn't on him anymore. Found out afterwards, that you can't fire at other players when in a gang attack. I had unknowingly gone into a gang attack, and that was the issue. Perhaps for you as well?

I was wondering if it was just me that noticed it .. was in a session the other day and saw a rank 850 and a rank 1040 just killing everybody at the airport with cops, choppers, and swats on them and they never died. They were even fist fighting and shooting each other.. LOL (sighs) .. gotta love GTA.

Chamber53DV

I had a guy open up on me for no reason, so I returned the favor. He had cops on him and they had him pinned and occupied. I gained the high ground and took a bead on him with my heavy sniper. The gun wouldn't fire as long as the crosshairs were on him. I could shoot the vehicle, but not him. I hit the car he was taking cover behind with a rpg and still he didn't die. I thought all this bullsh*t was on the damn PS3 and Xbox!

Kinda like this?

EDIT: Incase you prefer to skip to the obvious parts:

@0:18 thru 0:24 - Unable to Lock-On & unable to kill "Hiqu8710".

@0:33 - unable to fire weapon after centering my target.

@3:28 thru 3:36 - Placed stickies on Hiqu8710 vehicle...vehicle didn't blow up.

Edited by Chamber53DV

onefast96svt

Kinda like this?

I've never seen the vehicle not blow up. That's new. Normally the car explodes and they are just standing there. I don't know man, that's fudged up.

JulesDennis

Kinda like this?

He is on passive mode,not god mode.

It is a glitch(on ps4 I am sure of it).If you enter a heist mission being already on passive mode when you finish the mission you are still in passive but it looks like you are not(when the glitch happeneds that is).Others can run you over with their pv (like 360/ps3 passive mode was) but they cannot kill you using weapons.If you are in a car,that car cannot be destroyed by stickys BUT you can use it to run over other players.

This glitch explains everything that we see in this video and why this guy is not using his guns.Because he cant use them.He is on PASSIVE.

I imagine that R**** will fix this at some point.

Strange. I run passive all the time and do missions/heists and I've NEVER seen this. Everyone looks like ghosts to me. I just pass/drive right through them. I play daily too AND on ps4. This is bullsh*t. If people (like me) run passive they should NEVER be able to affect anyone else. R* please fix this!!!!!!!!

DentureDynamite

Ugh; yeah--the only thing worse than this is getting blown up; i.e. "<name> exploded you." repeatedly within seconds of respawning by an in-game modder...and this "bombing" happens instantly to everyone in the session other than the modder themselves (resulting in tons of kill notifications all at the same time).

When that happens, you try and leave the session as quickly as you can, because every kill/explosion clears your navigation attempts to leave the session through GTAO's menu system (finding a new session).

If that doesn't work, you'll have to end the game itself via the PS3's overlay menu, and reload everything. Thankfully, it doesn't happen very often, but at least three times since last October. Either Shy* can't fix it, or couldn't be bothered to try.

Edited by DentureDynamite

It is a glitch(on ps4 I am sure of it).If you enter a heist mission being already on passive mode when you finish the mission you are still in passive but it looks like you are not(when the glitch happeneds that is).Others can run you over with their pv (like 360/ps3 passive mode was) but they cannot kill you using weapons.If you are in a car,that car cannot be destroyed by stickys BUT you can use it to run over other players.

This glitch explains everything that we see in this video and why this guy is not using his guns.Because he cant use them.He is on PASSIVE.

the passive mode to god mode glitch/exploit has gone on since way before the heists came out. I got the Next gen version back in January and within the first hour of me playing online, I came across players using both versions of the glitch/exploit.

Rockstar has been fully aware of the exploit for months now, but this many patches later they have still not even attempted to fix it and if they treat this like how they are currently treating the completely broken passive mode on PS3 and Xbox 360 (gone on since at least last August) then it probably won't be fixed anytime soon.

if wondering, one version is they show up as actually being in passive mode - their character and any vehicle they are in shows up on screen as transparent, but they can pull their guns out and you can't do anything to defend yourself; second version is what is shown in that video posted above.

Edited by kk9fan97

Lol I shot a guy so much with the assault shotgun he fell on the ground and rolled down the street as i kept shooting him. He then proceeded to get up, get in his car, and state "stop shooting me already" I'm on ps4 all it takes is them figuring out the encryption and making decryption software then the mods flow like water.

You don't need a mod menu to use god mode. It's an unbelievably simple, easy glitch.

Kinda like this?

This is correct.

Found this out a few weeks ago. Was fed up of people killing me upon re-entry to free-roam after finishing a heist/setup, so went passive before doing it. Upon my return, I realised my character was still solid even though I was in passive mode. Can be run-over and can run others over but will exit passive if they're killed.

Your PV is indestructible which makes for hilarious trolling on tank griefers.