2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Do you think they delayed GTA 5 for PC on purpose?

helpplease

so that they can sell more on the PS4/ONE? Like the idea is that PC gamers get fed up of waiting so they buy it on the One then finally the PC version comes out with its superior controls, graphics and mods.

Fuzzknuckles

No, they delayed it so they could ensure it worked properly on as many different computers as possible, as smoothly as possible.

Enough with the DRAMATIC CONSPIRACIES. They're just trying to make sure the game plays well for everyone. PCs have a massive problem in compatibility- competing hardware manufacturers pushing out new GFX cards, that they need to test the game on, are probably the biggest problem. Certainly was the biggest problem I saw when I tested games. You can have a game run like butter off a hot knife on one set up, and run like utter sh*t on comparable set up.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

Spider-Vice

No, they delayed it so they could ensure it worked properly on as many different computers as possible, as smoothly as possible.

Enough with the DRAMATIC CONSPIRACIES. They're just trying to make sure the game plays well for everyone. PCs have a massive problem in compatibility- competing hardware manufacturers pushing out new GFX cards, that they need to test the game on, are probably the biggest problem. Certainly was the biggest problem I saw when I tested games. You can have a game run like butter off a hot knife on one set up, and run like utter sh*t on comparable set up.

Not to mention Rockstar does know they've had a bad record in PC optimisation, and I'm sure they'll redeem themselves as well as they did with Max Payne 3.

• Like 3

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

thank you

• Like 1

PigSkinWytBoy

The money comes first. Consoles own the AAA market. Devs don't have to worry about piracy w/consoles. I like PC, but it is most definitely a low-priority, console leftover platform. EA, Ubisoft, and Rockstar have already proved that with their comments and or actions.

Fuzzknuckles

Not to mention Rockstar does know they've had a bad record in PC optimisation, and I'm sure they'll redeem themselves as well as they did with Max Payne 3.

Exactly.

Imagine the scene:

"It's our biggest, most ambitious GTA game to date, but, sorry, PC guys, it still runs like sh*t, like IV did on release"

Why risk that with your biggest title? I mean... with THE biggest title.

• Like 2
Signatures are dumb anyway.

RedIndianRobin

You'll never know. Who knows what things are happening behind closed doors of Rockstar games?

• Like 1

Fiscal year.

If this was true at all they wouldn't have delayed it 3 others times at completely different times of the supposed "fiscal year".

If it was anything to do with the fiscal year, why were the original console versions released in September, the new consoles November and PC April. Of course, they left the $2bn worth of other sales out of the fiscal year but Rockstar are worried that they have to release the less successful version in the fiscal year. Stop using this idiotic reasoning.

Edited by Crystal3lf
  • Like 2

I think the January delay was obviously on purpose.

Two weeks from release we had NOTHING. Then all of a sudden requirements are announced, its delayed, and pre-orders begin with the whole tier BS. That HAD to be planned in advance. IMO they knew it was going to be delayed much earlier than they announced. I think they decided it was better to get Heists up and running first and then release PC with everything and made that decision late in the cycle.

I do think the first delay (from November) and the March to April 14 delay were not on purpose. I think they ran into issues with Heists and decided to delay PC one more time.

There is no way the PC version hasn't existed since before even the 360 and PS3 versions have. The game is created on a PC lol. We've known about the code for the PC version for years now. However, its known that the consoles pay for exclusivity, so the fact it took a long time for the PC version to be announced is not a surprise and I dont fault them for that. I do think once it was announced they could've handled everything (espc that annoying January delay) MUCH better.

Agathodaemon

Social Club update 1.1.5.0 is here, do you think it might be connected to the release of GTA V?

Agathodaemon

This sh*t again?

Yeah, and now I can't start playing L.A. Noire - "Connection issues"...

southparkmayor

They definitely did the delay 2 week before release on purpose. I also suspect that R* wasn't being completely honest for delaying it.

• Like 1

LankanComrade

Well Iam sure they didn't do it by accident :lol:

• Like 2

Who even cares? The game is coming out in 2 weeks. We all get to play it finally regardless of its reason for being delayed for so long.

• Like 1

It's cute you think companies don't do sh*tty things and everything is on the up and up.

RyanBurnsRed

Not to mention Rockstar does know they've had a bad record in PC optimization, and I'm sure they'll redeem themselves as well as they did with Max Payne 3.

Max Payne 3 was great, but it was also a third person corridor shooter that loaded its levels beforehand.

I don't think comparing its optimization with GTA makes much sense, but I agree they have a bad reputation in PC optimization in GTA (LA Noire doesn't count since they only published it)

I'll believe they're genuinely trying to get the optimization right and make up for GTA IV. Just 2 more weeks until D-Day

Edited by RyanBurnsRed

ryanburnsred.gif

Kaito Katsumi

Less than 2 weeks to release and you're still talking bout delays. Get over it.

Surely. They hate PC. Plain and simple.

Honestly. Yeah they kinda do. It's their weakest platform in terms of income. If I were to develop a major game like this, I would focus all my effort on the major release on consoles. The PC version would just be that second thought

Fiscal year.

This. If you've already hit your targets for the fiscal year you shunt as much business as you can into the next one. All companies play this game. It's one of the less attractive results of annual reporting to the markets.

That and they just wanted to stagger releases in general.

I don't think there is some anti-PC conspiracy but given the dev logs stated it was being worked on from 2012 I don't believe it took three years either. It's simple business decisions, which may or may not have sound commercial underpinnings.

Surely. They hate PC. Plain and simple.

Honestly. Yeah they kinda do. It's their weakest platform in terms of income. If I were to develop a major game like this, I would focus all my effort on the major release on consoles. The PC version would just be that second thought

I would like to see the actual income numbers from old gen vs current gen vs PC.

While from my view its clear that they delayed PC for the fiscal year (sure, some polishing may have been required) I'm interested to see how big the difference is.

Its been on steam sales top seller's since its been announced. and thats not counting all the buyers who are buying straight from rockstar. or the cheaper versions such as the GMG/VIP discount or local retailers.