Independence FM Confirmed

monk70

JowDaRapper

Now some of you have almost all the files. Is there a chance to find out if Ind. FM is in there?

RyanBurnsRed

Some people have looked through the files....unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any indication of a custom radio station.

ryanburnsred.gif

JowDaRapper

If I remember correctly, we had to put the user tracks into a folder which was in "Documents/Rockstar Games/GTAIV/User-Tracks" or so. Does the installation created such a direction?

RyanBurnsRed

I have the Steam version, so that folder won't be created until I can actually run the game. I'm not sure how it is like for the Rockstar Warehouse version (which people are using to figure this stuff out), but a well known modder on these forums told me there's no custom radio station in the game files.

ryanburnsred.gif

RedIndianRobin

Looks like this is the first GTA without independence FM. Hope mods able to bring it back.

Looks like this is the first GTA without independence FM. Hope mods able to bring it back.

The best would be a way to add streaming radio stations, I use them all the time while driving in Euro-Truck Simulator 2, I wish all games added a way to stream the real radio station of your choice, I'll probably convert an old android phone to a radio player (TuneIn has lot of stations) and connect it to my PC to mix the audio with the game, this way I keep the full power of the PC for the game to play without having any Firefox or Chrome Browser that eats up the ram and CPU power and having troubles adjusting the audio volume by constantly have to ALT+Tab out of the game, if its on the phone, just grab it and adjust it in TuneIn and bam...

• Like 1

Told you that you shouldn't think somethings not in the game because they don't show it. It's been confirmed now. Is that enough information for you?

ITS IN! http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/04/08/five-reasons-why-the-pc-version-could-be-the-best-gta-v-edition.aspx

SELF RADIO WITH CLIFF AND ANDEE FROM LIBERTY CITY STORIES. nice to see those two.

Edited by RJX74
  • Like 12

Custom Soundtracks

It may not be the Spotify integration we were hoping for, but Rockstar is letting players make their own radio station using music files on their computer. After putting copies of song selections into a specific folder, you can listen to them on the Self Radio station. An auto scan will identify new songs as you add them upon starting the game.

Players have a few different options for listening to these custom soundtracks. You can play them sequentially, shuffle the collection, or have Rockstar integrate them into a radio experience complete with commercial breaks, station IDs, bumpers, and banter between DJs Cliff Lee and Andee, who you may remember from Lips 106 in Liberty City Stories. In the pause menu you can choose whether you want to have the songs play in the order you have them in the folder or to let the game analyze the collection and build a playlist order.

Wow! That's awesome!

Edited by monk70
  • Like 2

C-h-a-r-l-y

Ahhhh, Independence Fm, the best radio station out there! :) Yeahhh!

The hype is killing me too, btw. Tooo much information today!

Edited by Määhhh

4bbef5-TITELr.jpg

I am a little worried that they won't have a custom radio station. Why am I worried?

-They are adding a new station exclusive to PC. This could make up for not having the custom radio station.

-They have yet to say anything about it. I'm not sure when they revealed the feature for III, VC, SA, IV, and EFLC, or for that matter other GTA's that had it like the Xbox versions, PSP versions, iOS versions, or Android versions of GTA.

-The radio is synced in GTA Online. Same audio plays for all players. It is controlled by the server. So how would a custom station work in this? My bet is it would be client side.

-Players can change the radio in their apartments in GTA Online. If the custom station is on, what plays for other players.

-The current tuned in radio station in GTA Online is synced for when multiple players are in a car. Unlike GTA IV, they both have to listen to the same station. What if a player who has no custom tracks is in a car listening to the custom station? They would practically sit there and listen to commercials. lol. They could make an option to turn off this feature, so players in a car can listen to different stations. The player who has it enabled can listen to their own station. Perhaps when in a car with other players, their character could have the headphones on. On a side note, a little trick, if your in the back of a vehicle and can't change the radio station, you can do it from the pause menu.

If Rockstar doesn't do it, modders will. I just hope modders will be able to take the following things into concern so the radio works as well as GTA IV, and doesn't create compatibility problems in GTA Online.

-Making the radio station show up in the wheel. It doesn't act as a background process. This means that you will get all the radio effects the game has, like the radio being muffled underwater, etc...

-Make it detect the artist and song title information to show up on the wheel.

-Set an alternative radio station for other players to hear when you tune into it when they are in your apartment, or in a vehicle with you. If the radio station is native to the game, we don't want the players game tuning them into a radio station that doesn't exist. This could crash their game, or your game, or both.

-Perhaps an option to turn off the auto tuning. So with this enabled, you can be in a car with other players and listen to any station with out them affecting you, or you affecting them.

It would also be neat to add songs to the existing stations. I have a lot of classic rock I'd like to add to Los Santos Rock Radio. But again, this could mess up Online when it comes to radio syncing. But there is a chance that Online will just play the regular station with out additional tracks. If the radio syncing is controlled by the host however, it would probably break other players radio when the host has added tracks.

Edit: After typing all of that, I read a few posts above mine and see that the custom track playlist was just confirmed. Wow. Lol. Nice to know that the DJ's from LCS's Lips 106 are returning.

Edited by nkjellman

YES!

Now... I can rest. Custom Radio is finally confirmed. YES!

YES!

not confirmed yet its alleged as confirmed by random source 6-7 days and it be clear

RedIndianRobin

Independence FM has been renamed to the "Self Radio." And it's been confirmed to be there in GTA V. Lock this thread now. :)

YES!

not confirmed yet its alleged as confirmed by random source 6-7 days and it be clear

Oh cmon.. it's confirmed. They went in and saw the game and even had the name "Self Radio" along with confirmation that two DJs will be returning from Independence FM.

Sorry to be late in the party guys, I was working. But, I will like to confirm that the ability to add your own custom soundtrack into the game is indeed a FACT. The custom radio station is now called "Self Radio". However, it will include the same options and Technics that were used in GTA IV's Independence FM.

Thanks all!

:r*:

Edited by MeltedSOX
  • Like 2

YES!

Oh stfu, so far today you have brushed off PC Gamer, GameInformer, IGN and Gamespot as "Random Sources"

That's what I'm talking about. I knew R* wouldn't do us wrong *dons flame suit*

• Like 2

Gonna be honest, this made me 50x happier about picking up the PC version than most of the other extra features they included... and they give you the option to add commercial breaks + the guys from LIPS 106 (from my FAVORITE game in the series) too?

The next few days, including this weekend.. will feel like FOREVER.

• Like 3

spacer.png

I hope you're correct OP, because I would personally love to include some of my own personal favorite songs.

I hope you're correct OP, because I would personally love to include some of my own personal favorite songs.

I have confirmed it a few post up. Custom Soundtrack is making a comeback.

I have confirmed it a few post up. Custom Soundtrack is making a comeback.

Fantastic, sorry for not reading it earlier, I went straight for a reply to OP's question.

oCrapaCreeper

I feel like I'm the only one excited for Andee and Cliff from LCS returning as the DJ's for the station. Probably still haven't gotten along years later and more arguments and boybands and teenage girls.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 1

YES!

Oh stfu, so far today you have brushed off PC Gamer, GameInformer, IGN and Gamespot as "Random Sources"

lol dont mind Antaxi, he thinks its going to get delayed again