2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Chilling out

Mr_Leone

Ever just sit down and hit the bong/joint or drink or just chill lol? Is that kinda weird to do in a video game? Sometimes I can't get out of the house and that's in GTA V lmao.

Ever take things slow? I like F's beginning...he's got the hood house, he can do street races, etc. M can go to stripclubs and be moody and distant lol. Dramatic drives at dusk, walking the beach, "my boat"...

it's a good time for roleplaying IMO.

Fuzzknuckles

I always take it easy, or as easy as I can, in V. There's no rush, there's no need for fuss. Just sit back and enjoy the world.

inb4OGfindssomethingtocomplainaboutinmyresponse.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

Yup. Its kinda a weird IMO, and quite boring to be doing that in Grand Theft Auto.

If I want to chill out - I just hit -> 'Quit game' and take a break.

When playing GTA I love doing more action oriented, challenging tasks than doing nothing but chillin out or drooling at graphics.

Fuzzknuckles

And that's the beauty of subjectivity. Note the chilled people are chilled, but Osho is already aggressive. Well played, Osho, that must be some kind of personal best.

I always take it easy, or as easy as I can, in V. There's no rush, there's no need for fuss. Just sit back and enjoy the world.

He fell off after that whole black plague thing.

Yup. Its kinda a weird IMO, and quite boring to be doing that in Grand Theft Auto.

When playing GTA I love doing more action oriented, challenging tasks than doing nothing but chillin out or drooling at graphics.

What's so weird about taking bong rips IRL and standing next to the ped with bongos for 4 ingame hours?

Edited by Mr_Leone

I like to walk around the map to experience all the little details, but they should allow us to buy beer and cigs like in GTAO.

I'd get my boat, go to Pacific Bluffs and get drunk. That'd be awesome.

• Like 3

Fuzzknuckles

Yeah, I saw something about that. Totally off-topic, but someone who claims to be educated probably should be aware of the Black Plague. But I guess it didn't have enough guns and gangs and drug wars for his liking, therefore it's not worth his consideration.

So yeah, back on topic.

I really like the fact that I can wander around in the house and just do normal stuff. It shows that Rockstar are conscious of more than just the big bang stuff, and want people to feel like the game offers all kinds of distractions, from the massive to the mundane. That's some really good detail.

• Like 4

Yeah, I saw something about that. Totally off-topic, but someone who claims to be educated probably should be aware of the Black Plague. But I guess it didn't have enough guns and gangs and drug wars for his liking, therefore it's not worth his consideration.

So yeah, back on topic.

I really like the fact that I can wander around in the house and just do normal stuff. It shows that Rockstar are conscious of more than just the big bang stuff, and want people to feel like the game offers all kinds of distractions, from the massive to the mundane. That's some really good detail.

Fuzz me and you need to sit in a GTA apartment and do nothing some time.

• Like 3

Fuzzknuckles

Nothing? Well, I'm going to be quite busy on that bong, to be honest. I may even call up a stripper for a photo session. That's always an entertaining distraction, until she gets bored and leaves.

• Like 1

@ Mr_Leone

Its not about right / wrong. I don't like to focus more on that when it comes to GTA. I want to experience more of the potential that GTA has to offer. Don't want to waste my time on anything else.

• Like 1

Fuzzknuckles

@ Mr_Leone

Its not about right / wrong. I don't like to focus more on that when it comes to GTA. I want to experience more of the potential that GTA has to offer. Don't want to waste my time on anything else.

So you want to experience more, yet you're outright refusing to try more things that are available?

Anyone else confused by this massive contradiction?

"I want things to do, but I'm not going to do some of the things that are available to do" - like playing Online, for example. Where you can do loads of things. Oh, but no, R* just want you to buy an optional cash card in Online, don't they? So you can't possibly go and do all the things in Online that literally do not require a cash card at all to do.

@ Mr_Leone

But you yourself said it was "pretty weird", now GTA's not a game built to just lounge around ofc but I get way more enjoyment from that in the long run. I think GTA V has that to offer, that escape, not to be dramatic or emo. I can go for a boat ride and stare into the abyss that is the water, and the sky. Driving on a highway with say Big Log or w/e on the radio and thinking about your own life, and even M/T/F's life in the story. I don't get much enjoyment from the basics anymore.

• Like 3

Fuzzknuckles

@ Mr_Leone

But you yourself said it was "pretty weird", now GTA's not a game built to just lounge around ofc but I get way more enjoyment from that in the long run. I think GTA V has that to offer, that escape, not to be dramatic or emo. I can go for a boat ride and stare into the abyss that is the water, and the sky. Driving on a highway with say Big Log or w/e on the radio and thinking about your own life, and even M/T/F's life in the story. I don't get much enjoyment from the basics anymore.

So much this. It's a really good sign if a game lets you step outside of 'the game' and play it your own way. That's something GTA has always done, surely even the haters can see that's always been the case.

I mean, look at all the side activities - that's a long standing tradition that abstracts the game world into something other than just a shooty-shooty-drivy-drivy vibe. But of course, these are flexible and can either be used to praise or punish GTA and V in particular, depending on who is playing and how uptight they are.

But you yourself said it was "pretty weird".

Yes, weird / boring for me. It wasn't directed at you. I'm least interested in doing all of that. That's all.

But you yourself said it was "pretty weird".

Yes, weird / boring for me. It wasn't directed at you. I'm least interested in doing all of that. That's all.

Well what do you do? Like the action stuff? Like you've never ever just kicked back and soaked in the game? I'm just curious bro.

Fuzzknuckles

I think Osho's already said he doesn't play V anymore anyway, though I might have misremembered that. As far as I can tell, he turns it on, stares at the screen cursing Online and the limitations of the game and just generally forces himself to stubbornly endure a game he doesn't even like.

• Like 2

@ Mr_Leone

That's what I have been doing the most in V - just chillin! It got really boring, pretty fast. The single player is missing a lot the action stuff. Its hard to find out something in V that really gives you a sense of good challenge rather being stuck with lots of boring activities to choose. Nope. Better quit playing then waste my time in doing something that I'm least interested.

• Like 1

@ Mr_Leone

That's what I have been doing the most in V - just chillin! It got really boring, pretty fast. The single player is missing a lot the action stuff. Its hard to find out something in V that really gives you a sense of good challenge rather being stuck with lots of boring activities to choose. Nope. Better quit playing then waste my time in doing something that I'm least interested.

wait what

i mean i was chillin

and you was like i don't do that

now you all like "all i do is chill"

XOKvN5U.jpg

Edited by Mr_Leone
  • Like 3

PhillBellic

What I immediately thought of, in regards to the topic title.

IXxe5mY.png

Enjoy. ;)

Phill bringing the goods as usual.

I like hanging in the crib, or coming back after a night of hookers/drinking as M. I did a therapy session at the peak of the day, left and took the "long" way home...drove through Davis, picked up a hooker. Guess he wasn't joking when he said his sexual problems won't go away. So when he got through the door, he said "The one who pay's the bills is here"...his family was sitting at the dinner table, he walks in, says "Hey son", Jimmy says "Hey dad", he says hi to his wife, who says something sarcastic, and nothing to Tracey. I left the game unpaused and went back to it, and heard Tracey go up stairs saying "Nobody wants a fat daughter", she goes in the bathroom, starts vomiting and Michael says, "Am I going to need to get you some help?"

not gonna get that sh*t in a 9F or with some fancy gun no sir

Edited by Mr_Leone
  • Like 1

Fuzzknuckles

@ Mr_Leone

wait what

i mean i was chillin

and you was like i don't do that

now you all like "all i do is chill"

XOKvN5U.jpg

I think this tells us all we need to know about Osho, really.

Now look at how attackey and aggressive you pro-RP hypocrites are being.

He said it was 'weird' because that was actually the OPs word choice and asked if anyone thought it was such. It's a forum where people share different opinions. Understand some people may see value in different things and move on ffs

• Like 3

@ Mr_Leone

I mean, after a while I figured out that there isn't a whole bunch of interesting stuff "to do". I don't really care about 'chillin out'. It was not at the top of my list of playing another great GTA title. But, the game pretty soon got quite repetitive. Still, I tried to do experience and involve myself in activities with no shooting and such but everything relevant to what the topic is discussing about. But, its just not interesting and didn't hold my attention, at all.

So yeah, it wasn't out of interest for me but forced to do because of the lack of something challenging, exciting, and diverse. Rest all didn't hold my attention as much, and as well sold my copy to someone who would be more happy to play GTA for just chillin out. :p

Fuzzknuckles

He said it was 'weird' because that was actually the OPs word choice and asked if anyone thought it was such. It's a forum where people share different opinions. Understand some people may see value in different things and move on ffs

The thing is, this is a reaction to 18 months of Osho, OG and the others that won't let it drop, continually bitching about the same things. FOR 18 MONTHS.

@ Mr_Leone

I mean, after a while I figured out that there isn't a whole bunch of interesting stuff "to do". I don't really care about 'chillin out'. It was not at the top of my list of playing another great GTA title. But, the game pretty soon got quite repetitive. Still, I tried to do experience and involve myself in activities with no shooting and such but everything relevant to what the topic is discussing about. But, its just not interesting and didn't hold my attention, at all.

So yeah, it wasn't out of interest for me but forced to do because of the lack of something challenging, exciting, and diverse. Rest all didn't hold my attention as much, and as well sold my copy to someone who would be more happy to play GTA for just chillin out. :p

I prefer IV over V, but I would never sell a game like V. I mean if I sold my Next Gen copy of V, the f*ck would I buy that's any better? It's repetitive, it doesn't cater to our every wim, and it didn't fufill every desire, for sure. The thing is, they excel at the little things, and those things are often overlooked by the other flashier stuff, but they are better because they are ALWAYS there. I don't need mods to go for a damn walk in the rain in IV. I don't need to have mods to tip my hat at the dude working his ass off at MacFarlane's Ranch, y'know?

Aww bro don't paint me as a bad guy I was just asking him stuff. I got nothing against the dude he's been cool. Don't start drama.

Edited by Mr_Leone

Dangerous and sad

I had to like ur comment... Ur last sentence lol

Geeteeaifive

Whaaa? Just rush through the game, ignore all the details. Get over it asap. Now that the story is out of the way, u can enjoy all the little things the second play through.

Lol.. That was supposed to be a chill thread.

Edited by BOSS 302
  • Like 2

SmokesWithCigs

When playing GTA I love doing more action oriented, challenging tasks than

doing nothing but chillin out or drooling at graphics.

Then I guess you don't like watching TV or drinking with friends etc in GTA 4 or playing video games in San an dress either. Thread started gets stoned and chills in his house all day lol. Me I just take one or two hits and keep it moving.

• Like 3