2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

One Strike, You're Out! (For Heist Randoms)

earthrocker

earthrocker

As a frequent "random" heists, myself, I have trouble tolerating ignorance. I've done all the setups multiple times, and unless someone else's stupidity interferes, I'd almost dare to say I never fail. So for other randoms: how many times do you restart a heist?

For me - if one dude dies or fails, I'm out. I've unlocked everything except the Lectro, and I have plenty of cash - so I'm not gonna' waste my time with a moron who can't do the first Prison Break setup without being killed by Vagos.

• Like 1

sh*t happens... I dont mind starting over a few times. But, 3 times the limit for me. Then i have to go roll another joint.

And yes.. sh*t does happen. Depending on how the player died its not a big deal. If the guys being an idiot and then ya, i would probably leave soone then later.

• Like 11

I see many people make threads regarding heists randoms but you can only blame yourself to do heists with anyone.

• Like 3

ShiviSRT-10

Tbf Ive done 4/5 heists with friends with no issues apart from connection problems, but I played as a random today and I actually caused the heist to fail by getting in the valkyrie and shooting the agents stood at the safe house in calafia XD I'm level 280 something and been playing since day one, but soon as I turn into a random, I done goof...then when we got to the labs, the other random blew himself up blowing the door xD

• Like 2

ten-a-penny

I can't count the number of times I have failed the pacific Standards Convoy setup. No its not my fault, its the RETARDS who plays it.

"Let's ram ten-a-penny and kill him for trying to snipe the incoming Savage!"

"Let's waste all of our ammo on the Barracks 4 da lulz!"

Smh.

• Like 5

I usually give a decent team 3 attempts before I bail.

I played the garbage truck setup this morning and 10 minutes in one of the players just stands motionless. We all took turns ramming him, shooting at him and shouting down the mic. Nothing. I quit out and 2 minutes later get an invite to the same game from the same dude.

ShiviSRT-10

I can't count the number of times I have failed the pacific Standards Convoy setup. No its not my fault, its the RETARDS who plays it.

Smh.

Dem servers today doe...

PlasmicSnake

Smh.

You forgot "I'm a horrible driver and rolled the insurgent, oh you fell out of the gunner seat? oh well, bye"

ten-a-penny

Smh.

You forgot "I'm a horrible driver and rolled the insurgent, oh you fell out of the gunner seat? oh well, bye"

And the golden "I can't drive, so sorry for ramming you and killing u noob!"

hornedturtle

Last night i was doing the raid...the one with the emp. My team mate landed outside of the base, but managed to get close enough to trigger the next part. I had cleared all the way up to the keycards and ran back to the door before he got in XD. at least he didn't die :p

Depends. If the random is clearly trolling then I'm out immediately. Don't have the time for that. But if it just a mistake I can tolerate it.

ten-a-penny

Last night i was doing the raid...the one with the emp. My team mate landed outside of the base, but managed to get close enough to trigger the next part. I had cleared all the way up to the keycards and ran back to the door before he got in XD. at least he didn't die :p

I had a similar incident.

Humane Labs Raid Finale, me and leader/host are ground Team, two others were Pilot/Gunner. Gunner was fairly high (can't remember the Rank though) but the Pilot was a total idiot. He was Rank 37 BTW.

Game clearly tells him to FLY HIGH, he lands at the Humane Labs. Dumbass, the marker is way up high! What's even worse is that the host had a mic and he kept yelling at him FLY UP.

Some people.....

WWEMichaelB

Theres no need to die at all if you actually take your time and take cover. Its really that simple.

• Like 2

monkb4skunk

Afks are the f*cken worse man . Did the setup for trevor last night where you steal the coke of the boat . We all got back to the city and lost the cops then this duffus just statues it . Was trying to back into him with a convertible to give him a "lift" but to no avail . Needless to say we spawnkilled the sh*t out of him once we gave up and got back to freeroam

No strikes, I don't even touch randoms. There's no way to tell if they're incompetent or just got bad luck or whatever. sh*t happens to the best of people sometimes, but with randoms they are far too bad in general to bother trying to sort it out at all.

• Like 1

Why waste time exiting the heist. You were fortunate to get the help. If it's intentional then yeah, but there are erasers on pencils for a reason.

It depends entirely on the type of failure, wether it's a set-up mission or heist finale and how much I'm going to get paid when we succeed.

If I end up in any heist mission that's on Easy or Normal, I'll give them a chance, but I'm out quickly after failure.

If a pilot crashes the Velum on the prison break finale, if the demo fails early on (I don't even know how you can do that, save for being too slow) or something stupid like that, I'm not so patient. If one of the players in the ground team dies in the prison, I'm willing to give it another shot. I don't hold everyone to the same standards I hold my friends/crewmembers, and combat situations can be tricky for people when they're not prepared.

A set-up mission will only pay about 26k at the most, so I'm not going to tolerate five failures. A heist finale pays better, but if the leader decides to take a large cut, then I'm expecting them to give me the easier job AND I'm expecting them to perform well. Any stupid failures on their part and I'm out instantly.

Sometimes I'll stay longer than I really should, but that's only because some guys seem like they need the help and appear to not be completely retarded. There's really no gratitude, though. If you do manage to help someone through any heist mission, they usually reward you with some lead in the face after spawning into the same session.

• Like 2

Sooo, you've played all the heists that manny times you know what's coming and where it's coming from and expect others to know too?

Maybe there are players out there who haven't played all the heists yet, like me. I've done the first one out of curiousity and joined a few setups with randoms, but no finales. When you join a setup for the first time but the others already played it before, it can be hard to keep up. The others already know what to do and where to go, i on the otherhand have yet to find out...

3 or 4 times is my limit. Heists really brought out the retarded players in the community. I just want to kill myself when I see how bad these people fail.

Edited by ~Joseph~

Sooo, you've played all the heists that manny times you know what's coming and where it's coming from and expect others to know too?

Maybe there are players out there who haven't played all the heists yet, like me. I've done the first one out of curiousity and joined a few setups with randoms, but no finales. When you join a setup for the first time but the others already played it before, it can be hard to keep up. The others already know what to do and where to go, i on the otherhand have yet to find out...

That only accounts for a few failures, though.

Being new to a mission doesn't mean you have a good reason to crash a plane or chopper.

It also doesn't give you an excuse to run around like rambo shooting everything without using any cover.

That's just two basic things that happen all the time in heist missions that have nothing to do with doing a heist for the first time.

The only way that'd be reasonable is if you were new to GTA V, GTA:O or GTA games in general. And if that's the case, you shouldn't have been

joining heist missions in the first place.

And let's be honest, in every single heist mission the game tells you EXACTLY what to do, step-by-step.

i'm sure it's not the case, but by playing with random teams you get the idea that the vast majority of GTA:O players can't read.

The game tells you where to go, who to go with (bright blue player dots are of players in your team), what route to take, whom to kill, what to steal and often also what to avoid. There's no good excuse for failing a simple set-up mission five times in a row if you're not an idiot.

• Like 1

The moment we spawn in and I see someone has stickies as their default I stop playing and see how long it takes before we fail. Usually 3-5 minutes

Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Wow, people actually do this?

That's some soviet-tyrannical bullsh*t right there. I will do whatever I can in my power to rain down a sh*tstorm on whoever does that to me. Heavy Snipers were created for the sole purpose of being anti-air.

Edited by Whisky Tango Foxtrot
  • Like 1

That only accounts for a few failures, though.

Being new to a mission doesn't mean you have a good reason to crash a plane or chopper.

It also doesn't give you an excuse to run around like rambo shooting everything without using any cover.

That's just two basic things that happen all the time in heist missions that have nothing to do with doing a heist for the first time.

The only way that'd be reasonable is if you were new to GTA V, GTA:O or GTA games in general. And if that's the case, you shouldn't have been

joining heist missions in the first place.

And let's be honest, in every single heist mission the game tells you EXACTLY what to do, step-by-step.

i'm sure it's not the case, but by playing with random teams you get the idea that the vast majority of GTA:O players can't read.

The game tells you where to go, who to go with (bright blue player dots are of players in your team), what route to take, whom to kill, what to steal and often also what to avoid. There's no good excuse for failing a simple set-up mission five times in a row if you're not an idiot.

"DO NOT ENGAGE MERRYWEATHER"

I actually want to see what goes through people's head when they decide to choke on their extra chromosome and shoot.

One try? jesus dude, don't make it sound like you're The Terminator, with these mere mortals wasting your precious time. In the words of Lamar, would you like them to say "excuse me sir, excuse me, thanks for helpin' out a poor street n*gga like me sir, you can go now sir, thank ya, thank ya" People screw up and don't say you haven't...3 times will do, but leaving will only waste your time and everyone else's, and doing so for the reason of believing your Hitman-esque skills are far superior to everyone else's is, well, stupid.

Unless of course the death is right near the end of a tough setup or finale and is something ridiculous, like falling off a bike or running into propellors.

Edited by Tokin

GrandMaster Smith

I was trying to do the convoy setup with a group of randoms, 2 of the guys were really good but this one idiot kept getting in his car and trying his hardest to run us all over while waiting for the heli and truck to arrive.. We even restarted 3 times due to this guy killing us (the 2 most patriotic randoms I've ever met) but I finally got tired of it after the 4th time and went back to freeroam and raped him.

I just don't understand why?.. why would somebody go through all that trouble? Now if somebody starts griefing I just instantly quit and flag the guy an avoided player and hope to never see them again.

• Like 1

I have never texted another player in this game to sh*t talk them. Since the heists have dropped i have been spamming people with rage remarks. I am not proud of it, nor do i want to but f*ck.

How sh*t, and f*cking stupid do you have to be to repeat the same error 5 times without learning or adapting. f*ck all stupid randoms. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

/rant

today i learn how fustrating is doing pacific standarts with noob randoms

they do not go for helicopter

and if they srick with bikes, they do not go off road avoid police and heat

if i beg on mic for they god damn follow me off road and stay toghetter, they just keep on road, dying, and dying and lose money :/

ten-a-penny

Wow, people actually do this?

That's some soviet-tyrannical bullsh*t right there. I will do whatever I can in my power to rain down a sh*tstorm on whoever does that to me. Heavy Snipers were created for the sole purpose of being anti-air.

TWICE.

First time was the first time I played Convoy (in which I quit'd) and the second was in the second invite ages later. Protip: NEVER expect super car driver to know how to drive.

• Like 1

ShiviSRT-10

...you know it's bad when a player fails fleece job - scope out...I had to quit! I was laughing so hard, but had to quit xD

JulesDennis

...you know it's bad when a player fails fleece job - scope out...I had to quit! I was laughing so hard, but had to quit xD

How did he manage that???