3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

gta online vs gta v

mcbustedfan

Dangerous and sad

Am I'm loving gta v.. Sp... The save editor for both clothing and vehicles has changed my game completely.. I can now enjoy all the heist vehicles... And I managed to spawn in both the paleto bay score heist bag and flippers into the game.. Now I can role play heist in free roam and enjoy scuba diving a hell of a lot more(scuba diving without flippers just looks wrong)

Edited by temi4328

Detective Phelps

One has to go who's it gonna be?

One has to go, eh? If that's the case, I would see online gone, rather than SP.

Why? Because GTA has always been a single player experience at heart.

GTA III, Vice city, San Andreas, LCS, and VCS were all SP based games. Don't get me wrong; online is a good feature in IV and V, but if I had to save SP or MP, I would rather save SP.

We will probably see the multiple protagonist feature return in future installments. Hopefully R* realises that character development is important by the time they start working on GTA VI(ce city ;) )

Dangerous and sad

One has to go who's it gonna be?

One has to go, eh? If that's the case, I would see online gone, rather than SP.

Why? Because GTA has always been a single player experience at heart.

GTA III, Vice city, San Andreas, LCS, and VCS were all SP based games. Don't get me wrong; online is a good feature in IV and V, but if I had to save SP or MP, I would rather save SP.

We will probably see the multiple protagonist feature return in future installments. Hopefully R* realises that character development is important by the time they start working on GTA VI(ce city ;) )

agreed.. If there's one thing I love about gta v is the 3 character system...

If Singleplayer was removed I would abandon the franchise. Simple as that. I don't play Online at all.

Edited by Cyper
  • Like 2

As much as I enjoy Online I'm gonna go with SP. A GTA game is all about the SP after all.

• Like 2

What is this Sophie's Choice?

Having a difficult time choosing, but I think I'd lose SP, no I mean GTAO, no SP, no online. Oh F*ck it, I don't know.

Edited by Zondar
  • Like 2

To me the best feature online has to offer is the ability to create your own character and essentially your own story. This feature would come up huge for me if the SP DLC ends up being franklin only!

Dangerous and sad

No matter what anyone says SP would go because online is where the money is made.

sad truth

No matter what anyone says SP would go because online is where the money is made.

sad truth

Not too sure about that. I don't have the exact figures to hand, but IIRC the total amount of money from cash cards is no where near the total amount from game sales. Granted there's more overheads and more companies taking a bite of the profits from the game sales, but surely not enough to have made cash cards more profitable?

NikoBellicGTAIV

Online should definetely go. Or at least make its own separate game. I still don't know why Rockstar doesn't realize that having them separated, as two different games, is more profitable for them. Who's the CEO? Dan Houser? Someone should whisper into his ear while he's asleep, "make Online a separate gaaaaaaaaaame..."

• Like 2

Am I'm loving gta v.. Sp... The save editor for both clothing and vehicles has changed my game completely.. I can now enjoy all the heist vehicles... And I managed to spawn in both the paleto bay score heist bag and flippers into the game.. Now I can role play heist in free roam and enjoy scuba diving a hell of a lot more(scuba diving without flippers just looks wrong)

Would you kindly link me to the SG editor, or somebody at least do so?

If one were to go for me it would be V. Online not only has more features, but it's more reminiscent of classic GTA from everything to variety in missions to property management and simply having one character to play as.

So this is what has become? A once wholesome family brought together by the same loves and interest, now torn apart and divided into equally unequal sub-groups....

one side feeling neglected and entitled while the other side feeling privileged but with no real family support

WHY R*? WHY ARE YOU TEARING US APART!!!!!!

Edited by JStarr31

Official General

So this is what has become? A once wholesome family brought together by the same loves and interest, now torn apart and divided into equally unequal sub-groups....

one side feeling neglected and entitled while the other side feeling privileged but with no real family support

All for the love of money bro, that's what it is.

• Like 1

GTA Online has more fun car physics so I don't fly out my car all the time, but GTA V is better because of animals, peds, and certain vehicles.

PeriodZeroHero

If I had to choose, it'd be Online

I love GTA Singleplayers, not one I thought was bad, but to be honest I'd rather play with my friends and drive and explore the map while doing death matches and races than stay by myself in the SP doing the same things over and over.

Official General

I love GTA Singleplayers, not one I thought was bad, but to be honest I'd rather play with my friends and drive and explore the map while doing death matches and races than stay by myself in the SP doing the same things over and over.

Deathmatches are the highlight of your GTA experience ? Gamers like you are best served with games like COD.

The horrible realization of the series future right here, look at what it has come to when you have fans like you saying this.

• Like 2

Deathmatches are the highlight of your GTA experience ? Gamers like you are best served with games like COD.

The horrible realization of the series future right here, look at what it has come to when you have fans like you saying this.

Really dude? Thats was such a elitist and very dickish thing for you to say. What makes you think that it was fair and reasonable telling someone with a different taste then you that they are better off playing a different game? All I have seen you do on here is sh*t on people who have a different opinion then you, it makes me think your just doing this for attention.

• Like 10

PeriodZeroHero

no definitely not the highlight but messing around and stunting while joking around in the chat is pretty much the best part of GTA. And just because I like death matches I should play COD? I don't like Call of Duty, I like driving listening to the music and exploring while having shootouts. Not many games offer that experience with friends. Just because I don't play the game like you doesn't mean I don't appreciate it's other stuff. Obviously the whole package is the best part of GTA. The great Singe player and the great online. But if I had to choose I'd pick online because playing gta with friends is more fun than playing by yourself, which is my opinion, not trying to sh*t on yours

Official General

no definitely not the highlight but messing around and stunting while joking around in the chat is pretty much the best part of GTA. And just because I like death matches I should play COD? I don't like Call of Duty, I like driving listening to the music and exploring while having shootouts. Not many games offer that experience with friends. Just because I don't play the game like you doesn't mean I don't appreciate it's other stuff. Obviously the whole package is the best part of GTA. The great Singe player and the great online. But if I had to choose I'd pick online because playing gta with friends is more fun than playing by yourself, which is my opinion, not trying to sh*t on yours

You know what, I was not purposely trying to sh*t on your opinion, I was just giving an example of the sorry state of affairs the series has now found itself in with V and the series apparent new focus on mostly online. Your gaming preferences have kinda lent some credibility to my statement.

@ Gtaman_92

I'm not looking for attention I meant what I said. However, I weren't purposely sh*tting on his opinion, and I've explained it to him.

Edited by Official General

Fuzzknuckles

Why does one have to go?

Some people like Online, some like SP.

People that like Online should just play Online. People that like SP should just play SP.

There are even people that don't like either.

They shouldn't play either.

This is really quite simple. Neither has to go. People have to just either play the one they like, or not. What's the problem?

• Like 1
Signatures are dumb anyway.

I like both. I'm a GTA fan since 99, but I've spent a lot of time in GTAO with the GTAF crew, it's an unique experience.

Dangerous and sad

Would you kindly link me to the SG editor, or somebody at least do so?

If one were to go for me it would be V. Online not only has more features, but it's more reminiscent of classic GTA from everything to variety in missions to property management and simply having one character to play as.

http://www.x3t-infinity.com/DownloadGTAV.php look up xb36hazard for a tutorial :) Edited by temi4328

Dangerous and sad

Before heist update.. Gta online... After heist update + discovery of save editor... Single player....

Blame IV on that, it all started with that game. *runs away*

OT: Neither of them should go.

Edited by DaWiesel

I have always been a "true" GTA fan, so I will choose the single-player to stay here, forever, and kick online out of the series. Online has to go without a doubt.

E;typo

Edited by Osho

You can shut down servers but you can't delete Blu Ray discs and a console.

I do like the online, however it does get boring pretty easily. So keeping single-player would be the best choice, you just can't develop your online characters story, background and depth (except in your mind + roleplay). GTA is truly a single player oriented game, even though character development failed in the 5th installment, single player creates the atmosphere of a game.

• Like 1