2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How bout a Heist Failure Stat?

High_Pockets

High_Pockets

Just a stat so that when you're deciding on whether or not to let a random in, you can check his ratio of success to failure ahead of time.

I just left a heist where the same damn guy failed it 5 or 6 times in a row.

Over time the numbers don't lie.

Now this is a stat I wish I could access during the heist lobby.

As it is now, in general, the heist lobby interface could use a total overhaul.

It's impossible for people with skills to shop themselves to eachother with the current configuration. (Short of organizing with people outside of game).

How about no? Others will fail heists for you and you will get a bad rep.

Just accept the 90% chance of fail when playing with randoms and even more if there are bellow level 50's involved.

• Like 2

MRM95Jb.png

This actually sounds like a good idea. Then I would know who to kick and not to kick if I were ever to decide to invite randoms.

Turkish Turketarian

Pretty much this. I wouldn't want heist failures on my stats considering other people are the cause of the failures.

• Like 2

Just accept the 90% chance of fail when playing with randoms and even more if there are bellow level 50's involved.

nah when a mission gets failed u usually get to see who caused the failing of the mission

if u cause the failing it gets put in ur stats, only then

i think its a nice idea OP

Edited by rnb010
  • Like 1

The only way this would work is it reflexed your fails and not some random making you fail

don ovdi' island

I think its funny how the game literally throws your ass under the bus if you fail a heist.

ain't no little "xxxx died: in the corner, noo they plaster it across the whole screen.

heist failed.

XxYOLO-_-PUSSYDESTRYRxXxTHUG4LIF2003xXx died.

• Like 8

SaltyGTAFMember

People can run you over and it'll label it your fault.

• Like 1

CrysisAverted

Guy starts running over teammate with his car, Heist Failed

Other 2 guys "quit" the heist at the same time, Heist Failed

Guy blows up objective, Heist Failed

"This guy sucks, kick him from the heist"

High_Pockets

LIBERATE THE STATS R*

Damn, forreal. I want to see who I'm working with.

Half the time I can hardly even check the limited array of player stats you can actually check...because the screen just locks up and I have to exit the lobby.

You would be a fool not to want this.

The game detects the player who failed.

It's right on the screen FFS, not that half of you even read anything on the screen anyways.

heh heh... I said it.

Turkish Turketarian

LIBERATE THE STATS R*

Half the time I can hardly even check the limited array of player stats you can actually check...because the screen just locks up and I have to exit the lobby.

It's right on the screen FFS, not that half of you even read anything on the screen anyways.

heh heh... I said it.

I guess you don't read either lol. As has been stated, team members f*cking with you still causes the game to blame you.

I just had this happen on Series A Coke. Me and one guy are helicopter team. Guy gets in helicopter and immediately chops me with the blades on purpose. Heist failed with my name in huge letters. Beautiful. Heist leader starts talking crap about me, screaming "how can you die already" :lol:

Edited by CP27

Fail_At_GTA

I'd love a heist stat. Out of the 30 or so heist finales I've done (I do the set up missions as well) I've died a total of 3 times. It bothers me when I join a random and its the same guy dying over and over, even though they're a rank 200+. How the hell can you die on the Humane Labs Raid ground team role? Just run through the building holding R2/RT with the auto shotgun, instant win. The noob blew himself up with the RPG.

• Like 2

No, that wouldn't be a very accurate stat. My failure rate has to be as bad as anybody's, yet I continuously have gotten platinum, occasionally gold with one death (thanks to atrocious cover system) on hard mode my first time with no help and randoms. I don't think, I know I could get the elite challenge easy if heists only needed one or I could multiply myself a couple times, yet with that stat I probably would get kicked quite a bit.

The best way to see if somebody is a decent enough random to be at least moderately successful is rank of around at least 50 and K/D ratio generally at least 1. Outside of that, there is a decent chance they die more than once or twice.

Yeah good idea. Until you start failing heists.

The amount of heist failures, even with crews and friends is still high. Eventually you will only have LvL 12s playing heists as everyone else's Heist Fail stats are too high.

LIBERATE THE STATS R*

heh heh... I said it.

I guess you don't read either lol. As has been stated, team members f*cking with you still causes the game to blame you.

I just had this happen on Series A Coke. Me and one guy are helicopter team. Guy gets in helicopter and immediately chops me with the blades on purpose. Heist failed with my name in huge letters. Beautiful. Heist leader starts talking crap about me, screaming "how can you die already" :lol:

still the chances of you continually come across some1 who screws u over isnt large enough to influence those stats i would think

say whatever you want, but when u see stats which say player A tends to fk up the mission alot (die alot) its alot better than not knowing that fact at all and learning the hard way after long waiting times

btw,ur name only gets displayed when u die, 2 bad its not also the case when u blow up vehicles or something like that

but its a start tho

earthrocker

This could work, but only if you fail the heist. If you alert Merryweather at Humane Labs, or if you get killed by the Vagos whe taking the plane.

Not you being a part of a setup or heist that someone else f*cks up.

Then it would work flawlessly... almost.

Nothing is perfect. Sure people could run you over. But since heists were released, I've NEVER been intentionally ran over by another heist player. And I've never died because of other players either.

HirsuteDave

Nothing is perfect. Sure people could run you over. But since heists were released, I've NEVER been intentionally ran over by another heist player. And I've never died because of other players either.

Then consider yourself lucky. I've lost count of the number of times I've been killed in vehicles because someone else f*cked up - the technical gunner blowing things up too close to my van, decoy team driver crashing so we get raped by the opposing heist crew, the list goes on.

I haven't been deliberately killed by another crew member yet but I've seen it happen.

Pretty much this. I wouldn't want heist failures on my stats considering other people are the cause of the failures.

It wouldn't be much work to detect whose fault it was. For finales anyway. The "Deliver EMP" mission (Stealth Mission) cannot properly determine fault. But if someone dies when it's not another player killing them, it's clearly their fault, and it is able to be tracked.

You can make some good judgements yourself without having something handed to you.

1. Don't accept players under level 80 (or whatever you deem acceptable experience)

2. Don't accept players who don't speak on the mic (especially for stealth missions)

3. Don't accept players who's characters look completely juvenile. eg. face tattoo or face paint + shirtless or super bright, random colours that don't match.

4. Review their K/D ratio and main stats. eg. If they're driving stat is way down, they probably don't do a lot of much of anything because you have to drive everywhere in this game.

earthrocker

Earlier today I was doing humane labs setup 'deliver EMP' and we were right outside the gate. This blowhole shot the booth guard too early, so the one nearby came running over. I tried to undo the damage quickly by shooting him, but the setup failed anyway. It then said I alerted Merryweather...

I was shamed / punished for trying to fix someone else' mistake and save the setup.

This is the only instance I can think of that would lead to false failure stat. But this was also an isolated incident.

Edited by earthrocker

ThaBirdCoot

We don't need that honestly, I mean just look at their stats & level and make your move. For example someone below level 30 is always a high risk of failure not especially because they are bad or anything, but simply because they got no health. Also K/D is not really important, but it can help you judge since most players who have a good one are also less likely to die from Npc's.

TeammateHelper

I want that stat.

Look, I need a reason to continually run people over in heists so they look bad while I look good.

It's just business.

Uh.. there are a lot of reasons to fail heists. also >.< n ot all low levels are 'bad' i've completed heists with people who are level 6 with no issue. :p

I want to chime in to add something that's missing.

When the team I am on start to make mistakes and we have to do a set up three times or more I start to phuck around. I start to look for alternate ways to complete it... to save sanity.

I want a quit stat, that will be better. And also lock joing heists for 48hrs if you quit 3 times in 1 hr.

^THIS would be the out cry from most of the GTAO player base, especially the k/d crowd who are so proud of their stats

It would all but end Trolling though, the average player may have a success rate in the 70% - 80% range and the Trolls would be below 25%

It would be easy to tell who the trolls are, (the only use for the stat)

Please add it for missions, Survivals, & Races as well

Edited by TheHammer

JELLY UNICORN

You can make some good judgements yourself without having something handed to you.

1. Don't accept players under level 80 (or whatever you deem acceptable experience)

2. Don't accept players who don't speak on the mic (especially for stealth missions)

3. Don't accept players who's characters look completely juvenile. eg. face tattoo or face paint + shirtless or super bright, random colours that don't match.

4. Review their K/D ratio and main stats. eg. If they're driving stat is way down, they probably don't do a lot of much of anything because you have to drive everywhere in this game.

i accept lo levels, people with no mic, and chars with gay colors

f*ck me right

It bothers me when I join a random and its the same guy dying over and over, even though they're a rank 200+.

That's good, goes to show rank means nothing even with maximum health.

It sounds like a good idea on paper, but how about the fact that there are 4 people in heists and any one of those four could f*ck it up and cause a fail for the rest of the people? It's an awful idea.

All it takes is one f*cking asshole to ruin it. People are going to want to let even fewer and fewer randoms into their heists because they won't want to risk adding failure rate for people to scrutinize. It's an awful idea.