2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

As a random

Twattir

I think we're too frowned upon. I mean, you're the ones that allowed for matchmaking in heists. We're just trying to unlock vehicles without going through our own set ups, ya know?

I'm still (not) doing set up for the prison break, and I really wanted that insurgent, so I joined with others. We failed the heist 3 times, and all weren't my (the random's) fault! So why does everyone sh*t on randoms? I know what to do when in a heist ffs, the instructions are at the bottom of the screen

Edited by Twattir
  • Like 3

If you are posting here, have some knowledge of how to play the game, and have at least 1 or 2 friends that also play, you are not a random.

A random is just some idiot/kid that picked up the controller and has absolutely no f*cking clue what to do or how to follow basic ass instructions.

• Like 6

Well... "randoms" is just someone you dont know.

It always easier to blame the other guy plus the Gta online community is blessed with a great number of trolls.

So really, the Heist leader is also a random. In essence OP, people are saying that people they don't know f*ck up their heists and keep failing. Its easier to just say randoms f*ck up all the time, its only a generalization

• Like 2

Because randoms usually ARE the ones to f*ck up heists.

...because no friend or crew member has ever repeatedly f*cked up a mission/heist before, right?

Because randoms usually ARE the ones to f*ck up heists.

...because no friend or crew member has ever repeatedly f*cked up a mission/heist before, right?

lol When friends f*ck up, you tell the friend off, randoms are born due to the need for friends. Thus, a Random. Guy off the street that may or may not have any experience.

With such healthy pickings, most Randoms tend to be rather retarded.

When you find a good group of people, you add them to your friends list and they are no longer random.

So really, Random = Retard you don't know that f*cked up.

Oh my god what i have gone through with randoms today.......

Well long story short they are f*cking sh*t f*cking hell

• Like 1

i think I've done a pretty good job... Helped with the humane raid and unlocked the insurgent finally

Hm personally i prefer to do things with people i know simply because i can relay on them to atleast try not to fail. skill doesn't matter ot me so long as we have fun... unless of course they die the same way like 10 times then its a bit more of a 'dude what the hell' moment.

I usually quick join Heists through the phone i almost never get kicked o.O an everyone usually goes through with little issue except the whiners who complain about everything. its like dude...relax its a game so we failed once its not going to kill you .

Fail_At_GTA

Just for sh*ts I joined a random's deliver the EMP mission. They couldn't even get past the Insurgent that drives out of the place. The geniuses kept trying to shoot it as I sat back and watched the show.

• Like 2

i think I've done a pretty good job... Helped with the humane raid and unlocked the insurgent finally

You must be a rare breed

Having been a leader of every heist, I've had some great experiences with randoms, adding people to my friends list along the way, ensuring a strong crew whenever I am online. There were also the sh*t experiences, so experiences with randoms vary. I still do heists with randoms sometimes to "scout" for new talent.

I've met some cool people the past 2 weeks from joining as a random and inviting randoms.

Random, random, in the sky

Don't f*ck up this heist, we'll die

Please dear holy god on high

If these randoms suck, just tell me why?

Random, random quit yer shootin'

Your trigger happy like Vladdy Putin

Quit rushing into the biker clubs

Plan ahead like Crockett or Tubbs

Random, random up and left

Now three for heists and were in distress

Buddy, pal, just please come back

Just three of us, we can't attack

-The Plight Of The Random

Edited by Touge Spirit Leader

earthrocker

It seems like most of the time randoms can be a train wreck. But I can honestly say, as a random myself, I've never been responsible for a heist or setup failure.

In fact, the other night I took part in a Pacific Standard Finale. Everyone except me, leader included, wrecked and died. The cops are scripted for God's sake. There is no good reason to fail that Finale more than twice - and that is being generous.

As a known random (I've a few friends on the forum and off the forum) I tend to play randomly (more significant interpretation of Random IMO). I find the distain for randoms both intolerable, but a touch overblown. What some members seem to be missing are that those condemning randoms are elitist f*ckers with no social skills and a striking sense of entitlement (not appreciating even the best f*ck up from time to time). Most missions I've joined as a random I've yet to be kicked from, possibly because of my level, probably because if I screw up I try again to do it right.

When I play with other randoms I give them as much time as they need unless they are evidently trying to screw up. While I appreciate heists are a one out; all out system if someone leaves that's annoying. If they screw up, so be it. If they make a habit of screwing up they will be kicked.

Misanthrope Z

i'd rather play with someone who i know well and actually trust to finish something instead of some random douchebag that probably thinks he's cool for playing like a complete and total f*cktard, trying to rambo through the Humane Labs Raid heist when the point is to be sneaky.

i'd rather play with someone i know well and can trust to hack the Fleeca Bank terminal quickly, instead of with some random who will probably spend damn near 15 minutes doing what is essentially the easiest thing to do in any of the heists

i'd rather play with someone who i know well and can either fly well, or will let me fly the Hydra to deliver the EMP if they know they can't fly all that great and aren't familiar with the VTOL feature, instead of playing with some random who will probably snatch the hydra and sink it like an idiot because he wanted to fly it and simply couldnt wait until the heist ended so he can buy his f*cking own and crash it as many times as he wants.

and don't get me started on the idiots that kill themselves and purposely fail the heists because you won't let them pilot/drive a vehicle so they can show off their lackluster flying/driving skills that will likely get you killed.

TL;DR randoms can't be trusted

Edited by Pegassi Autobot
  • Like 1

i'd rather play with someone who i know well and actually trust to finish something instead of some random douchebag that probably thinks he's cool for playing like a complete and total f*cktard, trying to rambo through the Humane Labs Raid heist when the point is to be sneaky.

i'd rather play with someone i know well and can trust to hack the Fleeca Bank terminal quickly, instead of with some random who will probably spend damn near 15 minutes doing what is essentially the easiest thing to do in any of the heists

i'd rather play with someone who i know well and can either fly well, or will let me fly the Hydra to deliver the EMP if they know they can't fly all that great and aren't familiar with the VTOL feature, instead of playing with some random who will probably snatch the hydra and sink it like an idiot because he wanted to fly it and simply couldnt wait until the heist ended so he can buy his f*cking own and crash it as many times as he wants.

and don't get me started on the idiots that kill themselves and purposely fail the heists because you won't let them pilot/drive a vehicle so they can show off their lackluster flying/driving skills that will likely get you killed.

TL;DR elitist f*ckers shouldn't run missions. If you're that good join a random host and see how it goes.

Misanthrope Z

TL;DR elitist f*ckers shouldn't run missions. If you're that good join a random host and see how it goes.

that doesn't even make any sense

1: i don't host them, usually i'm joining a friend who's hosting

2: my own competence doesn't really matter when somebody ELSE repeatedly f*cks up on an objective that's miles away from where i am, now does it?

i've joined random heists. and every single time, it turns out to be a total sh*t-show.

Edited by Pegassi Autobot
  • Like 5

PlasmicSnake

I did every setup and heist as a random with random and it went better than expected. However trying to do things with randoms now seems impossible. Nobody can read or has a brain, everyone's out doing their own thing and driving off when we need to stay together. I can't even get thru a heist on normal when I was doing them all on hard. I've tried 10 times to finish the convoy setup and it's impossible. Everyone's turned into a dkhead.

SuperJude™

I play with lots of randoms as most of my crew has migrated to PS4.

Tend to have mostly good luck. Downside is randoms are more likely to quit out after a couple failures but overall I have had very good luck.

We were ALL randoms at one time or another!

• Like 4

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Lets be honest

Overall i prefer people that im able to communicate with

Further then that its just seems most people playing are noobs

Seriously...some of you need to watch a walktrough...and some of you realy need to rank up before joining a heist(health to l9w to be usefull)

I play with randoms as all my friends play PC or next gen, so as it stands I just play with randoms and mess around. I unlocked they hydra and the insurgent by jumping in on the actual heists without doing any setups. I even took 5% payout on the insurgent mission because I didnt care about the money I just wanted to unlock the vehicles. Im on 360 and I got no problems helping people do the setups as long as they can say "hey man can you help me out?". Helping people is actually very rewarding and you never know you may make a new gaming buddy

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

This one noob who kept taking pictures of everything "ooh this looks nice, I'm gonna take a picture of that" "gaiz I hear if you take nice pictures online, you can win prizes and stuff".. No lie, he said those things in that manner. I shot a couple flares on the ground while we are driving to deliver the emp. He makes his buddy host stop the truck so he could take a picture of "the light".. what a f*ckwad. the part that made me really hate that guy was that he messed up a few times and alerted the guards.. he blamed it on me. 1- I never shoot in that mission because I cant see anything. My eyes are bad and I get double vision. 2- i stayed in the truck/lights off and inched it forward. no f*cking way for me to alert guards.

He tells his buddies "noooo that wasnt me, it was the other guy.. guys, it wasnt meeee". whiney little bitch. they believed him too and tried to prevent me from staying in the insurgent. I wanted to curse them out so bad but I couldnt find my headphone with a mic.

In another session (3 with a mic and me not talking.. i had it though). these guys were douches and even killed me after ever setup in free roam. they kept inviting me though. On the garbage truck setup, I finally intentionally f*cked it up for them due to all of their sh*t talking and ill behavior. We did all the stops. After the last one, I drove the truck into a nearby lake. That was my first and only time screwing up a mission. They deserved it. Hope it took them an hour to find another random.

• Like 3

I don't play with friends so I'm always the "random". However, I'm usually more competent than the rest.

• Like 1

This one noob who kept taking pictures of everything "ooh this looks nice, I'm gonna take a picture of that" "gaiz I hear if you take nice pictures online, you can win prizes and stuff".. No lie, he said those things in that manner. I shot a couple flares on the ground while we are driving to deliver the emp. He makes his buddy host stop the truck so he could take a picture of "the light".. what a f*ckwad. the part that made me really hate that guy was that he messed up a few times and alerted the guards.. he blamed it on me. 1- I never shoot in that mission because I cant see anything. My eyes are bad and I get double vision. 2- i stayed in the truck/lights off and inched it forward. no f*cking way for me to alert guards.

He tells his buddies "noooo that wasnt me, it was the other guy.. guys, it wasnt meeee". whiney little bitch. they believed him too and tried to prevent me from staying in the insurgent. I wanted to curse them out so bad but I couldnt find my headphone with a mic.

In another session (3 with a mic and me not talking.. i had it though). these guys were douches and even killed me after ever setup in free roam. they kept inviting me though. On the garbage truck setup, I finally intentionally f*cked it up for them due to all of their sh*t talking and ill behavior. We did all the stops. After the last one, I drove the truck into a nearby lake. That was my first and only time screwing up a mission. They deserved it. Hope it took them an hour to find another random.

good job

its a gamble with randoms that's why

they can be good or not

with friends yo know them and most likely know their skill level

plus you are more likely to communicate with friends

but randoms are more likely not to listen or possibly speak another language/ low level/ squeaker etc

JulesDennis

Whats up with this "randoms are this or that" posts.

Everyone who is not in your "friend " list is a random

Does not mean they dont know how to play or that they actually do or that the will not troll.

I played 4 hours with a friend the bank heist and failed with many different group of randoms.

Then I was the "random" in the same heist and we got it without restarting,with bikes and almost no money lost (1.200.000 + the score)

And the fun part?The kers would not work in the Lectro I was driving but still I managed to get first to the end...

So that makes me a good random or a bad "friend" (as I could not complete the same mission in a friend's session,even if I was not the one who was dying all the time)?

Zoots Remuvah

After my experiences with random last night, I'm keeping it to crew and friends till the schools are back at least...

Pacific heist Van mission and two squeakers are in the navigator team and go the opposite direction they're meant to.. Leaving me and the other driver standing there.. Appless and hopeless..

Won't even mention the Tard who parked their bike behind one of the cover spots for the Series A finale, necessitating blowing it up.. While they stood there and shot all of three people, even missing those standing right next to them... First time I've ever rage suicided out of a mission... :/

• Like 1

InYeezusWeTrust

Randoms are ALWAYS the ones who refuse to use their mics, race off in their own PV when the other 3 all drive together at the beginning of missions , and are ALWAYS the first people to die. ALWAYS. And then they leave and go and F up someone else's heist.