2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Why do so much people want kids in GTA?

Felzuma

Its kinda sick that some of you people are so anxious to kill kids in a videogame. If that's not the case, why do you want kids in GTA?

• Like 2

The Dedito Gae

who the f*ck wants kids in gta?

who the f*ck wants kids in gta?

I've seen a bunch of people on the newswire and here asking for kids

The Dedito Gae

i hope we never get kids in gta, first of all:

I don't want to kill kids, it may seem hipocrite, but it's already "good" enough with adults,second,it will be a meaningless edgy effort to add something i hope R* never involves in the history and third:

The media sh*tstorm would be huge if they add kids to the gta mix,they have enough controversy and even though they like it, they are not dumb, they don't even make mention of the 9/11 or religion.

Even they said they will never add kids to a violent game like gta, the only thing related to them i want is a school bus and that's all.

Also, INB4 before edgy sh*ts saying "why not?"

• Like 1

i dont think they belong in gta. old people sure but kids, no too sensitive.

• Like 1

I think kids would work very well in a more serious GTA. It would present the players the choice whether they want to be killing machines or trustworthy 'good' criminals. It sure would make many players reconsider their gameplay.

Also, it would add variety and realism to the game environment.

I don't see why it is more cruel to kill an innocent child than an innocent grown-up.

• Like 1

Who are these "people" ?

You want me to try to remember the same exact names of the people that requested kids in GTA? Be rational.

The Dedito Gae

I don't see why it is more cruel to kill an innocent child than an innocent grown-up.

is just like that,the mechanics of the gameplay would be wasted in something nobody wants, kids don't have place in gta.

what's next?

Pregnants and raping women?

Just because it would be realistic?

As i said,we have plenty with adults and more recently, animals.

Edited by Midnight Hitman
  • Like 1

i hope we never get kids in gta, first of all:

I don't want to kill kids, it may seem hipocrite, but it's already "good" enough with adults,second,it will be a meaningless edgy effort to add something i hope R* never involves in the history and third:

The media sh*tstorm would be huge if they add kids to the gta mix,they have enough controversy and even though they like it, they are not dumb, they don't even make mention of the 9/11 or religion.

Even they said they will never add kids to a violent game like gta, the only thing related to them i want is a school bus and that's all.

Also, INB4 before edgy sh*ts saying "why not?"

This.

fMNTnvL.png

Oh gosh. Here come the people that don't have a problem withing killing virtual kids...

Oh gosh. Here come the people that don't have a problem withing killing virtual kids...

So, you have a problem with killing kids but you don't with killing adults? Hypocricy much...

I don't have a problem with killing pedestrians in GTA, but killing kids would be a little over the top.

• Like 1
fMNTnvL.png

The Dedito Gae

So, you have a problem with killing kids but you don't with killing adults? Hypocricy much...gta doesn't have kids and never will,mechanics should be created to animate kids, which would be a waste since they don't need to be there, nobody wants to have them there, Same as nobody wants to refill gas or die at the first bullet, realistic doesn't equal fun.

OPs avatar is a perfect example, a rugged badass that kills f*ckers but chooses to spare kids because they are innocent, he has a limit, the adults deaths in gta are sugarcoated with dumb comments, how you gonna lessen the punch of killing a kid in a game that (lately) looks hiper realistic?

Yeah, I'd much rather kill a hipster than a kid.

fMNTnvL.png

Thinking about it, Rockstar and TakeTwo would probably get in enormous trouble but they wouldn't care.

Officer Ronson

I have a problem with killing kids because I have morality, kids are just new to the world and are learning how to grow up and do things, besides kids can't fight for themselves, I doubt any kiddie in a GTA game would be able to pick up a gun from a dead cop and begin to shoot you or fight back when you insult them.

• Like 1

The Dedito Gae

But why? What is worse about killing a kid than an adult?

it would make the character too unlikable , i can't even imagine Trevor killing a kid and acting like nothing later.

you must be the first person that likes this idea.

Femme Fatale

Nah...Unless they have infinite health, or you have the inability to harm them...OR, the protag is a kid himself...Which is clearly 100% impossible in a GTA game...

Killing a child in a movie will automatically earn it an "R" rating. Don't know the rules for rating videoogames.

Seems unneccesary with a lot of extra work and controversy for such a small addition.

I can only speak for myself and never asked for kids in any video game. In fact, I never seriously gave a thought about it.

If they do decide to include kids then I'm ready to blow their brains off.

Sorry, I don't find the need for being too touchy, sensitive, or even get emotional over this, just because I killed the sh*t out of another "3D model" that just looks like a kid but breathes no life, at all. Its just like every other pedestrian or animated model for me.

Kids or not; I'm going to mow anything down with my car.

Son of Zeus

Sure, would be fun when a huge sh*tstorm starts and R* is sued into oblivion. Dan and Sam are captured, thrown into a spaceship and shot into space, becoming the first men on Mars.

• Like 2

PhillBellic

I could not imagine it ending well, if children were included into the series.

• Like 1

So, judging by all of your arguments, you think it's not much of a big deal to kill a 20 year old, because he can "defend himself" against a psychopath with a minigun, but it's SO CRUEL and morally terrible to kill a 16 year old?

-.-' People. As it would be more tragic to kill a random kid than a random adult.

Both can't defend theirselves and both lifes are equally worth keeping.

Hypocricy much.

(BTW, I think there would be too many legal and technical issues and such for R* to implement actual kids into the game, especially when it's not a major part of gameplay. I wouldn't like kids in a game like that, because it would be too difficult to implement for much less reward in the end. I just find it interesting how you guys love killing strangers as long as they are over 18/21 years old.)

Algonquin Assassin

Controversy aside I think adding children would make the environment far, far more believeable in a ways most open world games aren't.

Sometimes when I'm playing GTA IV the empty playgrounds would make more sense with children actually playing.

• Like 1

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

Kids are terrible in a GTA game. I don't want a kid NPC to yell nonsense if I bump into them, and no parent might send their children for voice recording, especially for a GTA game. And what to NPC kids do besides walking in the street or sitting somewhere with a phone? They can't drive cars, definitely can't drive boats or motorcycles. I highly doubt they will be around during the night. They just seem pointless. Even if Rockstar includes children in a GTA game, the media won't be happy.

• Like 1

lastmanonearth

Although there are kids in Skyrim and other violent games, I wouldn`t want them in GTA because people would be slaughtering them and putting videos on YouTube and it`d cause outrage to the point where the game could get permanently banned. Not to mention, accused of inspiring a school shooting or whatever. You know what we need though? An animal protagonist! Anyone who says otherwise is a specieist.

American Viking

The only capacity I would like to see kids, is in cutscenes. They would never work in gameplay because people would kill them, even if they made it to where the player couldn't shoot them, players would find some way of killing them and if they were totally indestructible, that would just be ignorant. So, kids in non-interactive cutscenes, yes. Kids in gameplay, no. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing kids on billboards and in the movies at the cinema as long as it wasn't crude or perverted.

To be entirely safe however, Rockstar's best bet is to avoid them all together. If you think Rockstar is in a controversial sh*t storm now, let them add kids...

• Like 3