2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Is singleplayer no longer a big priority to R*?

Felzuma

Even after the lack of SP support since initial release I've stayed optimistic. But why aren't heist vehicles in SP? All other vehicles released in online dlcs were also in SP what's stopping them from putting the hydra insurgent etc in SP? Do they just not care anymore?

• Like 10

Geralt of Rivia

I don't know. You'd have to ask them.

BTW: This thread is about to turn into a huge sh*thole in about 30 minutes to an hour. So just be prepared for that.

Edited by TheMasterfocker
  • Like 1

I don't know. You'd have to ask them.

BTW: This thread is about to turn into a huge sh*thole in about 30 minutes to an hour. So just be prepared for that.

My body is ready.

BTW- DAFUQ was that? "You'd have to ask them"

Come on man...

i dont know why we dont have heist vehicles, it would be nice to have the hydra. maybe we will get them in a future update or a dlc.

Geralt of Rivia

I mean, unfortunately, R* doesn't call me up and tell me about the decisions they've made.

They also lie a lot.

"It's coming out this date"

"lol jk, now this date"

"Oh, this date? I thought we said this date"

i dont know why we dont have heist vehicles, it would be nice to have the hydra. maybe we will get them in a future update or a dlc.

Yes but why? Why didn't it have it at heists' launch? There's no excuse.

well, i think that we should bring this thread to the gta series chat section because here you and me will get ripped to shreds.

long story short they dont care about sp, there i said it. they dont. if they did we would have had it already.

RUN FELZUMA RUN, THE FANBOYS ARE COMING

• Like 2

Acetaminophen

No clue. Depends on what they do in the future with DLC and whatever their next game is.

I'm sure it's to draw more people to play GTAO. In turn, more people will end up buying those cash cards or whatever they're called and R* will make more money.

• Like 1

CarlitoDorito

The heist vehicles. It's to prevent naughty online people getting the heist vehicles with no effort.

It's a bug, considering the garage and helipad issues it's likely.

Because they're forcing you to play online.

Because nothing boosts shark card sales like "screwing SP" it doesn't, it's just a much discussed possibility.

One of these is the general forum opinion, leaning more towards the screwing SP shark card forced online play thing. Nobody really knows though, unless somebody can copy and paste some rockstar emails saying why.

Wait and see what they do with the SP DLC before coming to the conclusion that SP has been abandoned. If it's really small and sh*t or huge and really not sh*t, you'll know for sure.

• Like 3

Officer Ronson

I think it's because one of the heist vehicles can cause the game to crash as somebody said in a thread somewhere, I think it was the Lectro regarding the Kers thing.

The heist vehicles. It's to prevent naughty online people getting the heist vehicles with no effort.

It's a bug, considering the garage and helipad issues it's likely.

Because they're forcing you to play online.

Because nothing boosts shark card sales like "screwing SP" it doesn't, it's just a much discussed possibility.

One of these is the general forum opinion, leaning more towards the screwing SP shark card forced online play thing. Nobody really knows though, unless somebody can copy and paste some rockstar emails saying why.

Wait and see what they do with the SP DLC before coming to the conclusion that SP has been abandoned. If it's really small and sh*t or huge and really not sh*t, you'll know for sure.

I shouldn't have to wait and see because there's no reason the vehicles aren't in SP. Wait and see.. This is the gaming age we're living in people. Smfh

Nope OP rockstar cares absolutely nothing for singleplayer! Just look at the heist update and how online is running smooth and flawlessly and packed with new content while SP is now riddled with bugs! Oh and you can forget about any SP DLC, it might possibly have been in the works at one point but I have no doubt that rockstar will make it online only just like they did with the hydra.

Geralt of Rivia

online is running smooth and flawlessly

Ha. That's funny.

• Like 4

Well come on masterfocker you know online is their precious little baby and any technical issues that might come up with it are fixed in a hot minute! With singleplayer, Rockstar says "let them eat bugs!"

CarnageRacing00

Even after the lack of SP support since initial release I've stayed optimistic. But why aren't heist vehicles in SP? All other vehicles released in online dlcs were also in SP what's stopping them from putting the hydra insurgent etc in SP? Do they just not care anymore?

Well, SP players haven't bitched nearly as much as MP players have, and I get the strong feeling that Rockstar aren't aware that the community has segregated itself between SP and MP. They probably assume that most people who play SP also play MP, and therefore don't put a whole lot of thought into content reciprocity.

Ha. That's funny.

That made me chuckle. I wasn't sure if he was serious or not.

Geralt of Rivia

Ha. That's funny.
That made me chuckle. I wasn't sure if he was serious or not.He's prone to hyperbole.

AOD: I don't think Online has run smooth and flawless ever. Like, not even once.

Edited by TheMasterfocker

oCrapaCreeper

Lol I play singleplayer specifically to avoid all the buggy and brokenness in Online. Even if Rockstar can manage to f*ck up Singleplayer it's still nothing compared to Online.

Official General

Amazingly it clearly seems like they don't care about SP anymore. Their actions point to this, that's for sure. I really fear for the future of the series, they include in-game money, FPS, and online-only add-ons and updates that don't make to to SP - at his rate, they are better off competing with COD.

Amazingly it clearly seems like they don't care about SP anymore. Their actions point to this, that's for sure. I really fear for the future of the series, they include in-game money, FPS, and online-only add-ons and updates that don't make to to SP - at his rate, they are better off competing with COD.

When it cones to R*, optimism is out of the discussion. Keep expectations low, even if you have to be apprehensive.

• Like 3

Official General

When it cones to R*, optimism is out of the discussion. Keep expectations low, even if you have to be apprehensive.

i never thought it would come to this, but that's exactly the approach I've been taking with Rockstar since V was released.

CarnageRacing00

i never thought it would come to this, but that's exactly the approach I've been taking with Rockstar since V was released.

To be fair, we often set our expectations far beyond anything that Rockstar as ever claimed to aspire to. Because they're so good at this stuff, we expect perfection. Truth is, none of their games have been perfect.

Ever died because you stepped off a curb in Vice City? Had a plane crash into you on the street in San Andreas? Went into the drunken wobble animation because you bumped a pedestrian and walked into traffic, getting run over and killed in GTA IV?

Problems abound in every GTA they've released. You just choose to forgive or condemn based on which game you prefer.

• Like 2

Geralt of Rivia

Those f*cking SA planes. God damn pilots got their licenses off of cereal boxes.

Gotta agree with both of you. I never thought I'd say this, but when VI inevitably comes around I'm going to remain very cautious. V burned me hard.

PeriodZeroHero

No sarcasm, but this something that should probably be answered by R* themselves

I'm sure most of the budget of the game went into writing the story, scripting, mo cap, and paying the actors.

if they really wanted to make a GTA Online standalone they would have done it by now, their backed by a huge corporation and are already a world renowned brand

Well come on masterfocker you know online is their precious little baby and any technical issues that might come up with it are fixed in a hot minute! With singleplayer, Rockstar says "let them eat bugs!"

cringeworthy post

To be fair, we often set our expectations far beyond anything that Rockstar as ever claimed to aspire to. Because they're so good at this stuff, we expect perfection. Truth is, none of their games have been perfect.

Ever died because you stepped off a curb in Vice City? Had a plane crash into you on the street in San Andreas? Went into the drunken wobble animation because you bumped a pedestrian and walked into traffic, getting run over and killed in GTA IV?

Problems abound in every GTA they've released. You just choose to forgive or condemn based on which game you prefer.

My expectations were moderate. I didn't even turn a cheek towards rumors and I only tuned into official news and screenshots. I knew the screenshots were bullshots and that the game would not look like them. I was still let down. R* said "our most ambitious title yet" and in my mind I'm thinking 'oh crap, they're gonna out do red dead'. They bragged about the map size about how it was bigger than rdr gta4 and sa combined. Its not our hopes that are the problem, its R*s massive ego and massive lies

CarnageRacing00

My expectations were moderate. I didn't even turn a cheek towards rumors and I only tuned into official news and screenshots. I knew the screenshots were bullshots and that the game would not look like them. I was still let down. R* said "our most ambitious title yet" and in my mind I'm thinking 'oh crap, they're gonna out do red dead'. They bragged about the map size about how it was bigger than rdr gta4 and sa combined. Its not our hopes that are the problem, its R*s massive ego and massive lies

I don't see how they lied. It was their most ambitious game to date. How can you deny that? Because they traded allegedly beloved features of past games for supposedly loathed new features doesn't mean it was less ambitious. You know what ambitious means?

Map size is bigger, don't remember hearing claims it was bigger than both those games combined.

Pics may have been bullshots once, but they were obviously based on the PC version which has clearly been in existence all along (since that's more than likely the starting platform for designing the game), but now PS4 screens are able to capture the same beauty as those early screens, so it's all falling in line.

I don't see how they lied. It was their most ambitious game to date. How can you deny that? Because they traded allegedly beloved features of past games for supposedly loathed new features doesn't mean it was less ambitious. You know what ambitious means?

Map size is bigger, don't remember hearing claims it was bigger than both those games combined.

Pics may have been bullshots once, but they were obviously based on the PC version which has clearly been in existence all along (since that's more than likely the starting platform for designing the game), but now PS4 screens are able to capture the same beauty as those early screens, so it's all falling in line.

IMO, red dead is their mist ambitious game to date. And they did say in the game informer preview that it was bigger than all 3 of those maps combined including the pointless ocean. The map is big but poorly designed. Too much pointless land mass, towns, pointless underwater area, etc. Its just there. V had so much wasted potential.

• Like 3