2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Who's the Coward in this situation?

Rammer2k

A couple nights ago, I was up on one of the Maze Bank ledges finishing out the last 10mins of my bounty. Only a few ppl came by to try to claim it, in which I gladly sniped. I see a helicopter coming by on the mini-map. Looking through my sniper scope, I could see it was a Savage, and of course he was in passive mode. He starts hovering over Maze Bank trying to find me. A few mins later, he spots me on the ledge, still in passive mode. Hovering just out range, I couldn't even chuck my sticky bombs on the chopper.

I knew there was only 3 options here. Aim my RPG at him, and hope I can get a shot off as soon as he goes solid. Jump off and go splat, then try to get away, or quickly join a job. Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to think as I suddenly saw him go solid. I jumped off just in time before his cannon shots could get me. When I re-spawned, I accepted a mission invite I had gotten, and left. A few mins later, the douche messaged me by saying that was a "cowardly b***h move".

Really, you're in a OP Attack Chopper, in passive mode with me cornered just waiting to get a cheap kill, yet I'm the coward? Even more reason why all military vehicles/aircraft should have Passive Mode disabled. Not just in my situation, but in general. Pretty easy to go passive, find your target, come out with cannons firing, and the quickly go back.

UltimateAntic

Joining a job to avoid getting killed is a coward move, but in this case it was justified since the attacker abused passive mode to get a cheap kill.

• Like 17

A couple nights ago, I was up on one of the Maze Bank ledges finishing out the last 10mins of my bounty. Only a few ppl came by to try to claim it, in which I gladly sniped. I see a helicopter coming by on the mini-map. Looking through my sniper scope, I could see it was a Savage, and of course he was in passive mode. He starts hovering over Maze Bank trying to find me. A few mins later, he spots me on the ledge, still in passive mode. Hovering just out range, I couldn't even chuck my sticky bombs on the chopper.

I knew there was only 3 options here. Aim my RPG at him, and hope I can get a shot off as soon as he goes solid. Jump off and go splat, then try to get away, or quickly join a job. Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to think as I suddenly saw him go solid. I jumped off just in time before his cannon shots could get me. When I re-spawned, I accepted a mission invite I had gotten, and left. A few mins later, the douche messaged me by saying that was a "cowardly b***h move".

Really, you're in a OP Attack Chopper, in passive mode with me cornered just waiting to get a cheap kill, yet I'm the coward? Even more reason why all military vehicles/aircraft should have Passive Mode disabled. Not just in my situation, but in general. Pretty easy to go passive, find your target, come out with cannons firing, and the quickly go back.

He was the coward, you just gave him the same treatment he gave you haha. Edited by Don1776
  • Like 2

So if I want to blow up cops or try out an armed vehicle I should be fodder for any random ass clown that wants to shoot me down? I'm gonna go with nope.

You were both doing b***h moves.

Edited by BlueSocks

Didn't even read. I just want to say being called a coward is a compliment. It means you were smart enough to get the upper hand or get away in a situation. If the alternatives were worse (get killed, lose ammo, etc.) then that "coward" was smart. Who cares who the coward was.

Arrows to Athens

There is no need to make a new thread about it. This type of stuff happens all the time in GTA. It's a game. No one is a coward. You didn't want the bounty claimed so you got out of the situation. No harm done. Just ignore those messages or it can escalate into an argument.

Edited by Fearx--

paperbagdude

I reckon the Savage pilot is the coward.

Feel no guilt, OP.

JohnXina - Discord Emojispacer.pngJohnXina - Discord Emoji

I don't even read these please agree with me threads anymore. Who cares OP

Arrows to Athens

These threads are pointless. So someone gives you a hate message because you did something that pissed them off and you decide to make a thread about it? I get those messages all the time. No big deal. Just ignore them.

• Like 1

There is no need to make a new thread about it. This type of stuff happens all the time in GTA. It's a game. No one is a coward. You didn't want the bounty claimed so you got out of the situation. No harm done. Just ignore those messages or it can escalate into an argument.

You're wrong actually. I don't care if someone claims a bounty on me if done by non-cheap tactics..aka passive mode exploits. Only reason I accepted the mission invite was because it was Landing Gear, and one of my favs. I would have stayed around if didn't pop up.

Sussus Amongus

You cared enough to come here and post.

GG man.

Arrows to Athens

You're wrong actually. I don't care if someone claims a bounty on me if done by non-cheap tactics..aka passive mode exploits. Only reason I accepted the mission invite was because it was Landing Gear, and one of my favs. I would have stayed around if didn't pop up.

They maybe cheap. But if you get killed then you are killed. Simple as that. I don't know how this works but if you are in passive mode and you are in a pegasus vehicle are you killable? I don't play current gen.

Edited by Fearx--

BRAAAP_STUTUTU

Both of you are cowards,he might have abused passive mode but given that 3 heavy sniper shots are enough to blow his savage up,he did the right thing if he wanted even a slight chance

Oh please. Neither or both.

Anything goes. Doing a hit and run and then leaving the session, THAT'S what I call a cowardly move. Everything else is really just regular GTA:O stuff.

That guy must've been obsessed with bounties, why bother sending a message to that one guy who got away?

SmokesWithCigs

He's a dumbass for using passive mode anyway. I always go off radar when I want to surprise a bounty. The best way to survive a bounty is to find a minisub and hide in the ocean or stay at your safe house

He's a dumbass for using passive mode anyway. I always go off radar when I want to surprise a bounty. The best way to survive a bounty is to find a minisub and hide in the ocean or stay at your safe house

I've never tested and confirmed this, but don't you keep the bounty indefinitely if you don't go outside?

OP if it were me i would have blown my brains out and prayed for a respawn in cover.

Then escapé into the tram tunnels. On my chrlectro.

#suicidedramaqueen.

Edited by N0 F34R

OP is a standard, everyday typical GTA0 coward for hiding in a snipers's nest and taking out people trying to find him. When someone actually understands his tactics and mounts a countermeasure that is part of the game mechanics, he comes to the forum and bitches.

Just another day in GTA0.

• Like 5

They maybe cheap. But if you get killed then you are killed. Simple as that. I don't know how this works but if you are in passive mode and you are in a pegasus vehicle are you killable? I don't play current gen.

Passive mode in Pegasus vehicle works the same as any other. Can't be killed, but can't use any of the weapons. They still appear as a ghost. The problem with current gen passive mode is that there's no way to tell when the countdown timer ends. They go from ghost to solid, and have that split second jump ahead of ya.

Did you reply?

Good job what you did.

I just laughed at the irony of said message, and moved on.

UltimateAntic

OP is a standard, everyday typical GTA0 coward for hiding in a snipers's nest and taking out people trying to find him. When someone actually understands his tactics and mounts a countermeasure that is part of the game mechanics, he comes to the forum and bitches.

Except that the chopper guy abused passive mode in order to reach the roof, locate the OP and shoot him down without gettting easily shot/blown out

Strange Town

You could have run away while on the ground.

Ah, the butthurt of a man who's tried to be a bitch and approach bounties in passive mode to score a kill.

If a player approaches me in passive mode while I have a bounty, I generally leave the session or kill myself and spawn away. If you try and take my bounty by using dirty/cheap tactics, I will resort to dirty/cheap tactics. Once you start that bullsh*t, any concept of 'fair' went the window when you tried to be a passive mode abuser.

Edited by Mr.Nedich

If i can snipe them, they can snipe me. I've been plucked many of times during some fun sniper battles. Really don't have problem with that. And since there's no auto aim with the sniper, it does take a bit of skill. You do know the purpose of a sniper rifle right? Using a flawed game mechanic like passive mode as a countermeasure is nowhere near that.