2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Should I install GTA V on a SSD? What about other games?

MythAlex

143 members have voted

1. 1. Install GTA V PC on SSD ?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am not sure

> Hello, guys and girls. Should I install the PC version of GTA 5 on a SSD ? Or keep it on HDD ? I want faster loadings.

My HDD is: Western Digital Black 2TB SATA-III 7200 RPM 64MB WD2003FZEX

My SSD is: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SATA-III

> Also, what about other games? Which ones should I install on SSD ? (or which game genres are meant to be installed on SSD?) Which games ones benefit from a SSD?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by MythAlex

if you have enough money ? yes

if no money, no

as simple as that, any game that u play frequently

• Like 2

Sleepy Dude

duh, why wouldnt you? If you have an ssd you already know that loading times are faster, so go for it. Mods, please close this thread.

I have only SSD (MX100 512GB) in my PC so yes, I'm gonna install GTA V on SSD. I think you should do the same, GTA V will be probably the game which you'll play the most, so the faster loadings will be useful

Yes.

If you have the space, I can't think of any other reason not to... other than if you had another application that was more important than GTA V that had to be installed on the SSD.

The Algerian

Games that have long loading times, you should install on SSD.

Especially those which you're going to play a lot, like GTA V.

tbh, i cannot see a reason for anyone to not have all games on an SSD, they are cheap enough nowadays, i have HDD's left for mass storage and thats it.

obrobrio2000

Hi, I've a 128GB SSD and I've just 80GB free so I think I'll install it to my HDD. But I've a question: if I install it on SSD there'll be only faster loadings or the entire game will be faster (fps increase)?

No it only improves the loading speed because the game searches for files and load them using the CPU and RAM and so it depends on how fast the SSD is so faster the search,faster the loading ..after the loading the CPU has the files and are stored in the RAM to process so the SSD is not rly used for this since the files needed are stored in the RAM for the CPU to access

This is the reason there is a high RAM requirement too since GTA V is a huge open world game...but not all files are loaded into RAM since its too huge..so like in interiors or mission loadings the CPU needs the mission files so again the SSD searches for the file to store into the RAM which happens in the loading u get and so on..so overall u get a faster loading experience

Edited by Aikor

ReginaPhalange

i have the evo 850 pro and is amazine, i have bf3 and bf4 on it, i would delet bf3 for gta v for sure

Edited by ReginaPhalange

It's debatable. You will want to leave space over so Windows can function normally. Not good to fill up your hard drive completely. The game will take up a big chunk of your storage space. So if you will have a good amount left over, then go for it. If not, install on your regular hard drive.

If GTA V is like the Saints Row series, or Assassins Creed IV Black Flag then it will have to be on drive C but I don't think that it will be as none of Rockstar's other games are like that.

Totallycasual

Hell yes, those character swap load times will be drastically cut down when using a SSD.

Drill Sergeant

Just make sure your monitor is not bottlenecking your SSD.

That can happen? explain

GrandTeaRedemption

I just bought a Samsung 850 Pro 128GB for this game an hour ago. Hope it's fking worth it. .... . . . .. . .

Edited by xban

Yes you should. I had already free'd up space in my SSD for it back in January so, I have 65+ GB reserved for it right away. You should do the same, it will load incredibly fast.

GrandTeaRedemption

Yes ofcourse!

70996Ua.png

How dafk do you get 1.5 GB / s speed?

Just make sure your monitor is not bottlenecking your SSD.

Not sure if troll or just stupid.

Either Way:

LOL

Edited by Phorkz
  • Like 1

I just bought another SSD 128gb just for only GTA V. This is what I ordered http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6922EK8655

Why?

Because Mods.... do you have any idea how much mods it'll take over SSD lol? I may not mod the game for awhile but I will eventually later, later on when I feel like it.

$237 :O you can get 250gb for $150, don't get it off there, uk shops that are expensive are $150

there was a video of someone who had a ps4 first with normall HDD and then an SSD installed. when they switched players it was noticeably faster with the SSD.

loading times were also faster.

i would recommend getting the SSD for V.

I bought a Crucial MX100 256Go on Xmas, especially because I had V in mind... :)

With all these delays I had time to test several games on it, and now that's for sure : no way I will install V on my storage HDD, its place is already booked on the Crucial :D

JasonStatham

No it only improves the loading speed because the game searches for files and load them using the CPU and RAM and so it depends on how fast the SSD is so faster the search,faster the loading ..after the loading the CPU has the files and are stored in the RAM to process so the SSD is not rly used for this since the files needed are stored in the RAM for the CPU to access

This is the reason there is a high RAM requirement too since GTA V is a huge open world game...but not all files are loaded into RAM since its too huge..so like in interiors or mission loadings the CPU needs the mission files so again the SSD searches for the file to store into the RAM which happens in the loading u get and so on..so overall u get a faster loading experience

Talking about the ram, do you think there will be some difference between 6GB(1x4,1x2) ram and 8GB(2x4) ? Currently I have 6GB and I wanna make sure if it's worth upgrading.

there was a video of someone who had a ps4 first with normall HDD and then an SSD installed. when they switched players it was noticeably faster with the SSD.

loading times were also faster.

i would recommend getting the SSD for V.

Yea as i said in my last post..faster loading of files into the RAM..the faster is the loading

Talking about the ram, do you think there will be some difference between 6GB(1x4,1x2) ram and 8GB(2x4) ? Currently I have 6GB and I wanna make sure if it's worth upgrading.

No 6GB is actually enough if u close all useless processes..the reason they list 8GB RAM was because most people tend to leave many applications open..like skype,messenger,songs,fraps or anything like that..if ur not using any of them 6GB is pretty much enough.But leaving them open can sacrifice some processor power too since atleast 1 core will be occupied to keep the applications running.

• Like 1