2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Driving

wiizardii

Wich GTA did you enjoy driving a vehicle in mostly?

I am not talking about the mechanics, that makes up for another thread for another day, but I am talking about wich gta game did you like mostly driving in? By just randomly driving and doing nothing, just driving around the entire map, exploring, looking at stuff, trying to get better at driving, etc etc. For me, it would have to be GTA San Andreas. It's been a while since I've played it, but as far back as I can remember, I always loved driving. It wasn't just the chill music, but also the map, and the different parts of it.

The Dedito Gae

gta IV by far.

i love just driving around and listening to the several radios, admiring the view and minding my own, just me, Niko, a black Stallion and Liberty City.

• Like 2

universetwisters

I liked driving in III. It didn't take itself too seriously, yet it wasn't a f*cking whackjob like V

• Like 1

SA. Different environments, different soundtrack for these environments, tons of atmosphere. <3

Vice City. The music was great to cruise to and the cars had the best handling, in my opinion, within the 3D Era. III was close, but I always flipped the cars and didn't really enjoy the stations. Driving through LC had a great feeling, though.

San Andreas. Drving towards pedestrians and watching them throw themselves in front of my car or ramming other drivers and being chased by them is still fun. Going off-road for a bit of adventure.

Or driving a rare car and contemplating the different landscapes.

I liked driving in GTA SA the most.The map was big with many different areas to explore,the soundtrack was good,there was a lot of different vehicles,there was also some customization for most cars...

Vice CIty: Minimal traffic; fast cars everywhere; colourful buildings and everywhere looks unique.

IV and V, with the exception of San Andreas (Excluding Liberty City Stories, I can't recall it), all of the driving in the 3D was unbearable to pass Paramedic.

Sorry, didn't read OP fully your not talking about mechanics, my vote will have to go to Vice City.

Edited by s2n vaniish

Algonquin Assassin

GTA IV.

Cruising through Star Junction on a rainy night listening to the Vibe...epic.

• Like 2

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

Driving in GTA: Vice City, especially in the first island. Good cars, no enemy gangs, awesome buildings, bridges and businesses. :)

Edited by Leo2301

V/GTAO by quite some margin. Whether I'm zooming around the roads in my Comet, climbing hills in my Injection or stunting on one of the bikes. I've spent hours and hours just mucking around the map, not really doing anything.

I liked driving in III. It didn't take itself too seriously, yet it wasn't a f*cking whackjob like V

Would you care to update on why you think V is a whackjob?

TheOneLibertonian

GTA IV. Like MVC said driving at Star Junction and Algonquin on a rainy night, but with The Journey blaring on the radio. So Atmospheric, no other game has ever had this feeling, to me at least.

Edited by The_Ghost
  • Like 2

V without a doubt. Taking a slow ride through the city streets at night, entering LS from east via the Palomino Freeway at sunset or cruising through the roads of the Great Chapperal at a sunny day, etc... the graphics, details, the lightning and overall the beautiful and diverse map make it a much better driving experience than any other GTA had to offer.

GTA V. i really like just cruising around the southern half of the map. its nice

IV. I grew up in in the Bronx so its nice to drive around and see architecture that I used to see daily. And the atmosphere and music selection and car damage and how skill was needed to drive good. It was great.

GTA IV and Vice City.

fMNTnvL.png

san andreas or IV.

more gta 4 because i prefer the atmosphere and the driving physics. but san andreas had the better map.

• Like 2

tranceking26

San Andreas, discovering the countryside for the first time, on release day. That was great.

undertaker fan

Due to a low pc and a inability to buy consoles. I have only played the trilogy. So my vote goes to SA awesome physics, radio. Just love to cruise the whole State of San Andreas in my pheonix.

Niko Montana

I liked driving through Vice City at night in my Cheetah, listening to Fever 105. But I also loved driving through Broker & Dukes like a complete maniac in a heavily damaged Merit, blasting The Beat 102.7 in GTA IV. When it comes to physics, I preferred IV's driving. Due to the realism and superb handling.

Edited by thedriver111

lastmanonearth

Vice City, because the way to listen to the music is by driving. I pretty much don`t care about the game at this point, but still like to drive around listening to Flash FM, Emotion etc. It also helps everything else seem more epic, and lifts my mood as well. I would always mute the GTA IV and often times V`s music and sometimes play my own over it, although many times I wouldn`t bother and would just drive without the radio because it`s all sh*t. Therefore driving suffered as well as far as I`m concerned anyway.

American Viking

I am always on here kissing GTA IV's butt but I assure you it is only because it does so many things right, this includes driving. It's near impossible to talk about driving in any capacity without mentioning the mechanics and physics that make it so. That said, IV was my favorite game to drive in, primarily because of the realism and the great difference in every type of vehicle. Trucks were slow and sluggish, muscle cars fishtailed, and sports cars like the Comet were lighting quick. In GTA V, the vehicles all sort of felt the same...just like the weapons. Sabre GT in IV is what it's about.

• Like 1

Every GTA offer incredible driving experiences :

Driving in Shoreside Vale while listening to "Change" by Connor & Jay (Head Radio) ...

Driving recklessly through the sun soaked streets of Vice City while listening to V Rock ...

Driving from a main city to another, an experience so close to a real long road trip, in San Andreas with K Rose ...

Driving in Lower Algonquin during a rainy night while listening to JNR ...

Driving in Vespucci while listening to Sleepwalking by Moon Duo, or through the Grand Senora Desert with Convoy on the radio ...

If you find the right place to drive, with the right music or radio station that fit the environment, then the gaming experience is pushed to a whole new level.

• Like 3