2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

R* wants Passive Mode, fine... Add a time limit dammit!

Crockett and Tubbs

Crockett and Tubbs

Seriously...

Who here has fell victim to a Passive Mode player who disables it, kills you, and enables it again. This has got to be the most bit** move in GTA Online.

A di** icon blip (R* humor right there) should be placed on these people who are in Passive Mode. Hell, make it even flash really fast that tells you that they are coming out of Passive Mode so you have a chance to react without getting shot in the back.

Or put a time limit for how long you can stay in Passive Mode.

Interaction Menu > Passive Mode > Let em pay $5,000 for it > Time Limit: 5 minutes

• Like 4

I havent had a problem since Im in passive mode 103% of the time in public sessions

a working icon would be the best fix I reckon, not a time limit on how long you can be in passive

plus i hate that they are ghost like, they could have the same attributes without being actually see through

• Like 3

Soran Is On

Youre so butt hurt its painful even for me.

It's does get abused but its your own fault if you get trolled by it.

It should be tweaked so that it has a 5 min reactivation block and a full 60 second countdown upon disabling.

DominusTaranis

How about a big announcement about what it actually does too? I've had so many people unload sooo much ammo into me while I'm cruising in passive on next gen, I could build a lead battleship and, assuming I can recover the rpgs, arm it with infinite shells for a month!

• Like 2

If you don't like playing in public lobbies go into your own invite only session. Don't forget this is Grand Theft Auto, specifically made for freeroam violence.

Seriously...

Who here has fell victim to a Passive Mode player who disables it, kills you, and enables it again. This has got to be the most bit** move in GTA Online.

A di** icon blip (R* humor right there) should be placed on these people who are in Passive Mode. Hell, make it even flash really fast that tells you that they are coming out of Passive Mode so you have a chance to react without getting shot in the back.

Or put a time limit for how long you can stay in Passive Mode.

Interaction Menu > Passive Mode > Let em pay $5,000 for it > Time Limit: 5 minutes

Sounds like you, need to use an invite only session.

Deal with passive players no more! Enjoy the comforts of never having to deal with their passive ways ever again!

• Like 1

Just add a cooldown timer thats longer for you. You're back to normal after 10 seconds, but other players can kill you after 7.

• Like 2

I wish I knew how to use gifs. Cause I would put dr evil saying 'how bout no' right about here

• Like 1

smokingndriving

Stop trying to troll passive players and you wouldn't have this problem! Jeez, this butthurt garbage again. I'm sitting in my bleeping boat, trying to have some piece and quiet (of course I can't drink beers on the sailboat because then the boat would vanish) and some douchebag is launching RPG's at me from the shore again and again as if it's going to make one bit of difference. Eventually I just sail off and come out of passive and put a bounty on him and he's messaging me all "ERRRHMAGHAD WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?"

Because don't.ever.interrupt.my.bleeping.sailing. That is me time. That's why. (lol.)

If someone goes passive, move away and you won't have this problem. I'm not sure why this keeps coming up when the solution is so easy. Or - dur - just go into passive yourself if you think someone's going to do this. This nonsense that people can't use the same tactics.

You know, if someone's in passive, it's not exactly impossible to still get them before they come out of passive and get you. Am I right?

TLDR: IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE EVERY PLAY IN THE PLAYBOOK, THAT'S FINE, DON'T BE SURPRISED AND WHINE WHEN SOMEONE DOES.

You know what? I've come out of passive and wasted people, but in EVERY.SINGLE.INSTANCE it was because someone was being a f'in douchebag.

Trolls get trolled. Was AFK for a minute the other day and someone's in an Asterope trying to push my car off Del Perro Pier. I was not leaving the lobby until this person rage quit.

It's amazing I can't even be out in a boat without some asshat in a Lazer trying to dive bomb me again and again, too dense it would appear to figure out why nothing's happening. Or someone being a complete moron and wasting money lobbing RPGs at me.

Edited by smokingndriving
  • Like 2

Murciélago

I don't have a problem with a dick icon as my blip but it better be a big one.

Edited by KifflomBroBro
  • Like 10

if you are upset at passive players killing you, then why don't you go into passive? Simple logic right there.

• Like 2

I havent had a problem since Im in passive mode 103% of the time in public sessions

You must have soooo much fun...why even bother playing?

You're THAT afraid of being fake-killed in a video game??

Just add a cooldown timer thats longer for you. You're back to normal after 10 seconds, but other players can kill you after 7.

Players CAN kill you right away, that's the point of the timer, the problem is that the icon doesn't always immediately change...much like a player with a bounty respawning with the bounty still on them until 15-30 seconds (sometimes more) later when you finally get the notification of a collected bounty

CarimboHanky

yeah lets add more cooldowns to a game full of cooldowns!

• Like 1

Your solutions for the problem are a bit extreme, people shouldn't have to pay anything to get away from people killing you over and over. I think the best solution would be for the player and the player icon on the map to start blinking as the time limit goes down from passive mode. That way it gets peoples attention on the map and if they're right next to you and about to shove an automatic shotgun down your throat.

Seriously...

Nah, the most bit** move is coming onto a forum and crying about it. Try being more aware of your surroundings. This has happened to me but it's my own fault for letting my guard down.

At the end of the day, it's only a video game so beyond the initial expletives it's not a big deal.

• Like 5

Normally I don't use this joke because I hate how cringey it is but your are salty as f*ck. Passive is for people who can't be arsed with the douchbags in the lobby, of course people are going to abuse it, there's no stopping but making normal players suffer just because you were getting trolled by one person no thanks.

It's not everyone elses fault you couldn't just find a new session or just go into passive yourself.

• Like 4

Yeah that's happened to me, but only because I was distracted by a bunch of other attackers and I thought a teammate had my back (sniping).

That wasn't the case. Learned my lesson.

If you don't have a bounty on your head and there's a guy in passive mode stalking you, just go passive as well. Get a buddy to run them over or something. No problem!

Arctic Midnight

That happened the other day to me. A level 30-something was hanging around me, seemed nice at first so I left him be. (He was so terrible that I felt that he didn't need my help getting killed). But.... then came that moment where he tried (and failed) to kill me. Needless to say I killed him repeatedly until he went into passive mode. Didn't mess with me again after that. Satisfying.

You have to wait a minute before you can even enable it again, you can't just turn it off then right back on again. There is absolutely no reason to have a time limit or pay a bunch for passive mode. That is retarded.

If I don't want to get shot, I shouldn't be forced to pay a bunch of money for a f*cking timed safe mode or to go into a private session, there was enough of that on ps3/360 when people could run you over and splat you and blow you up or shoot you in your car. All your idea is going to do is make public free roam even more of a dick fest because absolutely nobody who wants some peace is going to bother with public sessions once again.

• Like 4

DISTRICT7642

When a player disable passive mode a timer should appear above the passive mode player that counts down so that they can't surprise kill you.

Add the solution Airsoft220 mentioned and it would be perfect.

You must have soooo much fun...why even bother playing?

You're THAT afraid of being fake-killed in a video game??

Players CAN kill you right away, that's the point of the timer, the problem is that the icon doesn't always immediately change...much like a player with a bounty respawning with the bounty still on them until 15-30 seconds (sometimes more) later when you finally get the notification of a collected bounty

Its not the killing that bothers me at all, If i felt like griefing, passive goes off and stays off until Im done.

I want to go cruising mostly in public sessions while I wait for invites to other activities and players have the ridiculous desire to smash into you. Im not a fan of cruising in a beat up whip at all and im not gonna go to LSC 285259621 times to fix my car. So enable passive mode and no stupid player touches me.

Sorry that Im not a KD padding free roam griefer like you

• Like 2

I agree with the OP. R* should just make it so that I can't die but everyone else can. Simple!

ExtremeTorque

I dont know if anyone has noticed it but currently the 10 sec countdown when exiting passive mode doesnt work.He is still in passive untill the countdown ends and he exits with weapons ready.

Edited by Bombshock

The morons here who say to go into invite only and stop moaning are idiots. This is actually an issue in the game that has a really simple fix. Okay maybe if it required passive mode to be completely reworked like heists fine, but something as basic as the blip flashing isn't too hard now is it?

Also for what reason is the blip normal when passive players are in a vehicle on CG?

You prepare yourself for battle only to realise they are transparent.

Edited by Heists

Sir Michael

You prepare yourself to target somebody minding their own business to realize they are transparent.

FTFY.

One less person to kill in a lobby because they're Passive? On to the next one. Can't deal with not being able to kill somebody, then go cry about it with your face in a pillow. Freemode is what you make it to be, but not everybody joins it to play an eternal deathmatch. You jerks are the reason why Passive Mode exists to begin with, sooooo.....

Edited by Sir Michael
  • Like 2

Quinn_flower

Wahhhh I cant kill a person in passive mode so im going to bitch and moan.

seriously people there are people who want to be left alone.

all these passive mode threads are been there done that too many times.

why in the f*ck do I have to go to invite when i want to play in public but not deal with the cod kids. that's why it's there for people who like pvp harassing others.

• Like 3