2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

R*-Penalize Heist Trollers

Trishan99

You know what I'm talking about, right? The Randomers that join in acting all serious only for them to either

A) Leave the Heist

B) Commit Suicide

Rockstar, penalize these players further than a threat to be kicked into BS.

Anyone that's found using the Commit Suicide button more than 3 times in around 30 Minutes(During a mission) will have money taken away from them.

Anyone that leaves a heist will have cash taken from them and anyone who constantly does this (5 or more times in an hour) will be put in BS.

I know what everyones thinking, why don't you play with friends?

Well

A) Friends have gone to next Gen

B) Friends no longer play GTA

C) Friends aren't very good at GTA

D) Friends aren't online at the same time as me.

So I'm stuck with randomers. I give them 20% so they can't complain about the cut.

Please Rockstar, I'd appreciate it :)

• Like 2

So you want them to punish me for... Lagging out?

No I want them to punish you for personally changing modes by holding down the DPAD or pressing pause and clicking "Find New Session" or something like that

• Like 2

Rocket Skates

I know what you mean bro. It's very frustrating when douche bags quit or screw up during the heist missions, particularly when you have been waiting ages to fill the damn lobby up when people keep leaving because they are impatient.

How the F for the computer to differ between deliberate and non deliberate??

We are not in 2525 where computers can read mind.

I agree with you, OP.

Whenever a player leaves the heist once the heist starts, make me wanna beat the hell outta him! :/

• Like 1

Um....Because...When you lose connection a screen pops up and tells you that you've lost connection.

When you're being deliberate it asks to confirm that you really want to leave.

So it can detect it.

It doesn't need to read minds. Just differ who lost connection and who left via find new session. I think its hard for you in 1950.

Also I think it is a good idea. But more than 5 games maybe

Rocket Skates

I agree with you, OP.

Whenever a player leaves the heist once the heist starts, make me wanna beat the hell outta him! :/

I can think of some tweaks to the set up missions and the finales that would probably be appreciated. Such as if someone quits or lags out then the other players shouldn't be punished by being booted back to free roam, they should be able to continue tackling the heist and the person who left gets no $ or RP. If it was absolutely required that 4 players were needed then different story but there is plenty of times that 3 or less people can finish certain set ups. And in finales if some incompetent idiot gets killed and the rest of the mission can be complete with less that 4 people then that asshat who died gets nothing of the take whatsoever. If he hangs around to the end then maybe an option can be added to the other players that they can choose to give him/her some money.

Just some ideas that would make heists a hell of a lot less frustrating.

Hit by Lightning

Sorry, but your argument is invalid. It's SO easy to befriend people from this forum or from here >> https://lfh.cxkes.me/

Penalizing players who leave the game for one reason or another is not gonna work, and won't happen!

• Like 1

Black Terminator

Rockstar penalizing these kind of people is not going to work out.

Sorry, but your argument is invalid. It's SO easy to befriend people from this forum or from here >> https://lfh.cxkes.me/

Penalizing players who leave the game for one reason or another is not gonna work, and won't happen!

You know how inactive that is, right? Not only that but then you need to filter to it your own console and the specific Heist you want to do.

Penalizing players can work and will work, my guess is that your one of these trolls and is trying to make excuses.

Gimme a good reason why it wouldn't work.

Mr. Crowley

So if someone sucks and keeps dying you should be forced to keep playing with them.

...or if someone has something in real life come up they should be punished for not being a loser with nothing else to do?

...or they should be punished if they have friends get on and they would rather play with them instead of a random whining f*cking maggot like you?

f*ck off OP.

Edited by Mr. Crowley
  • Like 3

So if someone sucks and keeps dying you should be forced to keep playing with them. Or if someone has something in real life come up they should be pinished for not being a loser with nothing else to do?

...or they should be punished if they have friends get on and they would rather play with them instead of a random whining f*cking maggot like you?

f*ck off OP.

You clearly haven't read my OP properly. I clearly state it has to be done multiple times under a short period of time to actually be penalized.

If they suck and wont leave the Host can kick him.

Heists don't work properly hell I haven't even been in a lobby with more than 3 people the last 3 days the servers have been so wonky. The heists seemed to work ok the first few days but ever since then I can't even connect to any invites for anything.

Heists don't work properly hell I haven't even been in a lobby with more than 3 people the last 3 days the servers have been so wonky. The heists seemed to work ok the first few days but ever since then I can't even connect to any invites for anything.

If you're lucky enough to have friends on during the time you play, set up an Invite only. Things work so much better and so much smoother

If you're lucky enough to have friends on during the time you play, set up an Invite only. Things work so much better and so much smoother

I'm only friends with car dupers on ps4 :0 great guys but it's not helping me do any heists lol, they are all out of my time zone too so no good for multi hour sessions. So I've just been doing randoms setup missions here and there, at least that way I've been able to unlock the insurgent and hydra but not the savage. I found one guy who's on at the same time as me at night from Australia but yeah, 2 people doesn't cut it for heisting. I used to do missions from invite sessions so I know the benefits of that but it in theory should work from anywhere.. just doesn't (thanks rockstar).

Edited by elfoam

CrysisAverted

Have to leave cause sudden and urgent event has occurred, this happens very often because people have their priorities straight, now there are not enough players available to join heists because they have all been punished.

• Like 2

Have to leave cause sudden and urgent event has occurred, this happens very often because people have their priorities straight, now there are not enough players available to join heists because they have all been punished.

Like I said, it has to be done 5 more times under an hour for any sort of penatly too occur. If something sudden or urgent does occur, then fine you'll be off for an hour or so.

When you come back, the process restarts

Mr. Crowley

So if someone sucks and keeps dying you should be forced to keep playing with them. Or if someone has something in real life come up they should be pinished for not being a loser with nothing else to do?

f*ck off OP.

You clearly haven't read my OP properly. I clearly state it has to be done multiple times under a short period of time to actually be penalized.

I read it.

You said if they use the suicide button multiple times in 30 min.

Non issue. It doesn't work during missions. You have to drop a grenade or something else that even if doen several times in a row does not mean it's on purpose.

Then you said simply anyone that leaves a heist should be penalized. Other things are more important than finishing some randoms sh*t.

Then you added about anyone leaving more than 5 times in an hour should be punished. Ok, that might somewhat understandable if it was leaving intentionally, but still not really proof they are trolling. They could have had 5 hosts in a row try to give them a sh*t payout and start the mission quickly.

As for the host kicking someone that sucks, sometimes the one that sucks is the host.

Relative007

The entire Heist System is frustrating and I am back to playing through the Last of Us Remastered again already instead of suffering through Heists Matchmaking and to a lesser extent incompetent Player's (usually only multiple failures in the Final Heist and they are more interesting so mind it less)...In fact, this whole Play Job option is a step back from how things used to be...

Edited by Relative007

Simple fix. R* need to change the all in; all out system for heists. If a player is killed they loose their cut and any progress in that particular mission or heist. The remaining players can play on. As long as 2 or more players are left the heist should still be achievable (if hard as hell). The only heist that is definitely 4 player is the Prison Break.

Ultimately allowing the missions and heists to continue sans a player will neuter the worst of the trolling and hopefully desuade most of the foul play (since it'll amount to the same sh*t we always had).

• Like 6

It doesn't need to read minds. Just differ who lost connection and who left via find new session. I think its hard for you in 1950.

Yea? Well, then i'll just unplug my router and won't receive penalty for bailing out of your team.

Lol. You need better strategy.

Edited by luisniko
  • Like 3

Mr. Crowley

Yea? Well, then i'll just unplug my router and won't receive penalty for bailing out of your team.

Or he could just not get so butthurt over a game...

f*ck off OP.

I read it.

You said if they use the suicide button multiple times in 30 min.

Non issue. It doesn't work during missions. You have to drop a grenade or something else that even if doen several times in a row does not mean it's on purpose.

Then you said simply anyone that leaves a heist should be penalized. Other things are more important than finishing some randoms sh*t.

Then you added about anyone leaving more than 5 times in an hour should be punished. Ok, that might somewhat understandable if it was leaving intentionally, but still not really proof they are trolling. They could have had 5 hosts in a row try to give them a sh*t payout and start the mission quickly.

As for the host kicking someone that sucks, sometimes the one that sucks is the host.

No one is really that stupid to get themselves killed like that, finding a person like that requires some (un)luck.

Anyone that leaves a heist shouldn't be penalized if it's a one-off(Hence the 5 times in an hour)

5 Hosts in a row try to give them a sh*t payout, eh? Well First off, that's an exaggeration, I know not all Hosts do that, it'd be incredibly rare for someone to do something like that 5 times.

You can tell if the host sucks by the rank from the moment you join. If the rank sucks, you leave. If the rank is really high, and he still sucks, make it so that if a failure has occurred in a heist more than once then you can leave without anything adding to the "How many times you've left" Counter.

The entire Heist System is frustrating and I am back to playing through the Last of Us Remastered again already instead of suffering through Heists Matchmaking and to a lesser extent incompetent Player's (usually only multiple failures in the Final Heist and they are more interesting so mind it less)...In fact, this whole Play Job option is a step back from how things used to be...

I've seen you retired for trying heists. I've kept on persisting, I try and join everything and I've done 3 of the 5 heists spread over my 4 characters so essentially unlocked nothing on each separate one... but it's taken me probably about 50 real life hours to get those 3 heists done lol. A couple weeks ago when it was running smoother I did 2 of those three back to back and they were very easy to do on hard. The only problem with them is the sh*tty network code itself.

Op... I just found a bag full of the word Should, I think you forgot to add them to your title and throughout the post.

Edited by blakeney

If the host or host +1 could kick somebody and the matchmaking would immediately invite more people so the heist can be continued rather than dropping back to free-roam, then penalties for assholes would not be necessary.

• Like 1

Or he could just not get so butthurt over a game...

Ok, First off I'm not "Butthurt", just annoyed.

And being a day 1 player, I've waited 1.5 Years for one of the most Hyped DLC's for the game.

I'm sorry if I'm annoyed by the fact that when it does decide to work, players purposefully f*ck it up.