2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Deathmatch Issues

RAZORFACEJONES

RAZORFACEJONES

Since the latest update, I've had trouble joining and hosting any fun Rockstar Created Deathmatches. Quick jobs is almost always a hack map. A way to bypass this is to host your own. My problem is that not enough people stick around long enough. Plenty of people join but I just let it run for 15 minutes while I made some food and it finally got to enough players. As soon as I started it, somebody left and it kicked me to freemode.

My questions are this:

Does anybody have good tips for someone hosting a lobby? Such as how to get more players quickly and/or keep them from leaving?

Why are the hack lobbies always full? Don't people realize those are traps?

RandallFlagg00

I don't have any advice, but same question. Why the f*ck are the hack lobbies always full??? How stupid are people? I can see somebody falling for it once. But it's got to be the same people joining again and again

• Like 2

kjahcleveland

Yes playing Deathmatch has been awful since the last update.

PSN - dashGTA

Twitter @dashGTA

Social Club - 86esperanto

ThaBirdCoot

You can always try hosting a mission to get a bunch of players together, like "Extradition" for example. I believe there are 6 spots, then you just got to pray they will stick around, or are interested in trying out different game modes. It works for me from time to time, even though I am not a huge death match fan, mainly due to this catastrophic matchmaking system.

As for these lobbies, most players seem not even to think about it, you can just lure them with some BS text/title about 10 million rp 10 billion cash most likely someone will fall for it, but try sending an invite to a Rockstar created LTS, and surely you can wait till hell freezes over...

• Like 1

Hosting is the only way to go. Quick job is shot to sh*t, and it'll probably never get fixed as far as filters being added. I play R* only maps and I never have issues with people joining. Though it has been a little slow with heists being out and such. I play forced only for weapons, sometimes owned, set the timer to 10-20 minutes, kill count off.

I don't have any advice, but same question. Why the f*ck are the hack lobbies always full??? How stupid are people? I can see somebody falling for it once. But it's got to be the same people joining again and again

To answer your question, those people are the same reason why the Nigerian prince will never be broke.

• Like 1

RAZORFACEJONES

When I host, I use similar settings. 10-15 minutes. Sometimes forced weapons, sometimes owned. Always kill count off unless its only 2-3 players in the lobby.

The deathmatches were ruined once rockstar enabled the matchmaking to drop you into rushed, non verified levels. Of coruse people said that it can be turned off, changed, but i never found the option to do so. Back in the golden days you could pull up your phone , choose the dm/tdm option and you were set to go. Lobbies were always full, and it was fun. After that awful content creator update, it all gone downhill, people ignored playing dm's more and more, and here we are now, at the worst state possible.

Of course it's still possible to find lobbies with good maps and enough players but it's a lot harder that it used to be. As a person who played more than 400 matches and have arround 365 victories, i must say , that R* publishing their creator update might have been of the the worst update for GTA:O , since it affected and almost wiped out the racers and tdm playerbase, and take away one of the fun factors from the game for a lot of players, including me.

I really hope that they get themselfs together this year and do something about the matchmaking and the poorly made custom levels. It's never too late to bring the game modes back to their former glory.

• Like 2

Same problems but the biggest wind up of all is after spending ages getting into and actually starting a game I notice it's set on 5 mins or a 10 kill win which doesn't even last the 5 mins , what is the point of even going to the trouble of setting one up if it's over so quick ?

• Like 1

Same problems but the biggest wind up of all is after spending ages getting into and actually starting a game I notice it's set on 5 mins or a 10 kill win which doesn't even last the 5 mins , what is the point of even going to the trouble of setting one up if it's over so quick ?

That's the most annoying thing. Finally find a decent one and the idiot host has a full lobby but doesn't change the target kill from 25. So its over after 3 minutes.

• Like 1

RAZORFACEJONES

I want to bump this once in hopes I can get some more suggestions on hosting a good DM lobby.

It would be as simple as adding a filter for Rockstar created maps only.

Bro the day they give us DM junkies a filter I will no doubt have a fap session.

Just keep a closer look to the mapname before the game decides to switch you in the lobby, if you join quickjob, problem solved. Besides that, filtering options for weapons, Map creators and so on is a long time requested feature that many people want to see in the game.

Since the latest update, I've had trouble joining and hosting any fun Rockstar Created Deathmatches. Quick jobs is almost always a hack map. A way to bypass this is to host your own. My problem is that not enough people stick around long enough. Plenty of people join but I just let it run for 15 minutes while I made some food and it finally got to enough players. As soon as I started it, somebody left and it kicked me to freemode.

My questions are this:

Does anybody have good tips for someone hosting a lobby? Such as how to get more players quickly and/or keep them from leaving?

Why are the hack lobbies always full? Don't people realize those are traps?

If you play a few deathmatches with people and they're not a-holes, add them as friends. So, when you send invites they are more likely to join. Also, they are more likely to have friends that like to play deathmatches. You could probably host a private session just filled with people that enjoy deathmatches and likely fill your lobby quickly.

Or join a crew that is into deathmatches.

The deathmatches were ruined once rockstar enabled the matchmaking to drop you into rushed, non verified levels. Of coruse people said that it can be turned off, changed, but i never found the option to do so. Back in the golden days you could pull up your phone , choose the dm/tdm option and you were set to go. Lobbies were always full, and it was fun. After that awful content creator update, it all gone downhill, people ignored playing dm's more and more, and here we are now, at the worst state possible.

Of course it's still possible to find lobbies with good maps and enough players but it's a lot harder that it used to be. As a person who played more than 400 matches and have arround 365 victories, i must say , that R* publishing their creator update might have been of the the worst update for GTA:O , since it affected and almost wiped out the racers and tdm playerbase, and take away one of the fun factors from the game for a lot of players, including me.

I really hope that they get themselfs together this year and do something about the matchmaking and the poorly made custom levels. It's never too late to bring the game modes back to their former glory.

those were the days :/

I can't offer any help as to how to get people to join a Rockstar created map when hosting but I can certainly agree with what people are saying in this thread. Deathmatches have become a joke in recent months and it now seems to be next to impossible to get into a good match that isn't one of these ridiculous parkour, forced unarmed or forced jerrycan style maps that seem to be so popular. Its ruined the online experience for me as deathmatches are my favourite thing to do in the game and now it is a nightmare trying to find one that suits my tastes.

I can't offer any help as to how to get people to join a Rockstar created map when hosting but I can certainly agree with what people are saying in this thread. Deathmatches have become a joke in recent months and it now seems to be next to impossible to get into a good match that isn't one of these ridiculous parkour, forced unarmed or forced jerrycan style maps that seem to be so popular. Its ruined the online experience for me as deathmatches are my favourite thing to do in the game and now it is a nightmare trying to find one that suits my tastes.

Ah i agree...I had one good match today, just one. a 4 vs 4 TDM at the railyards, set to 10 mins no kill limit , it was fun just like in the good old days.. After that all i could find was MMA super club, Fight club in heavens, 9000000 rp, and the list goes on. Well that's what happens when you give underage kids the ability to create maps in a game such as this..