2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Am I a douche for this?

Arctic Midnight

Arctic Midnight

So I joined a new session and there was only one player in it. Actually I'm still in that session right now.

Anyway, he's just standing there doing nothing. I've sniped him (after setting a bounty on him to complete the daily objective), called the mercenaries on him, and sent a mugger after him. Am I a douche for picking on the AFK players?

Well he is not there to complain, so it's all good.

What the eyes don't see the heart doesn't feel.

Yes and no. While individual players have a responsibly to protect themselves ie. don't AFC in public.

Players should remember that they are part of a community, treat others as you would like to be treated.

Applepie123

Their fault for not going passive mode or logging off.

In GTA you should expect people killing each other. Being AFK isn't an exception.

mmm chocolate

It takes like 500 player kills for most weapons to unlock tints and finish the awards for them.

So, NO.

• Like 4

if you have to ask this question, then you know what the answer is really. :lol:

• Like 3

So I joined a new session and there was only one player in it. Actually I'm still in that session right now.

Anyway, he's just standing there doing nothing. I've sniped him (after setting a bounty on him to complete the daily objective), called the mercenaries on him, and sent a mugger after him. Am I a douche for picking on the AFK players?

Hours and hours of non stop fun.LOL

Ever watch paint dry? Lotta fun there too. :lol:

Arctic Midnight

He went AFK outside and not in passive. It's his own fault.

My thoughts exactly; but I know people have different opinions.

Dirty Hairy

*whoops double post see below*

Edited by Dirty.Hairy
  • Like 1

mmm chocolate

thethreadpoliceareoutinfullforcetoday

• Like 2

Dirty Hairy

you're a douche for making this thread, i tell you hwat. This question has been asked in about 100 different ways. Always the same result though: nobody gives a flying 757 f*ck about you and your moral choices in a virtual world. Now for arguments sake, what if someone said "damn right that makes you a douche" so f*ckin what? you mean to tell me you would stop your douchey behavior because of this? Or perhaps you enjoy being labeled a douche? What am i supposed to do with this?

Arctic Midnight

you're a douche for making this thread, i tell you hwat. This question has been asked in about 100 different ways. Always the same result though: nobody gives a flying 757 f*ck about you and your moral choices in a virtual world. Now for arguments sake, what if someone said "damn right that makes you a douche" so f*ckin what? you mean to tell me you would stop your douchey behavior because of this? Or perhaps you enjoy being labeled a douche? What am i supposed to do with this?

Sheeesh, you mad? I just want opinions. I don't plan on stopping.

• Like 2

CarimboHanky

actually afk players are good to get easy kills to complete the lspd gun tints.

• Like 2

U wasted money on mugger/mercenaries. U should just advance ur weapon tints n sh*t.

Edit: ha, what CH said. Great minds..

Edited by johndivney

Dirty Hairy

Sheeesh, you mad? I just want opinions. I don't plan on stopping.

you better not f*cking stop. Dont you stop for any man, woman, or child damn you.

• Like 1

CarimboHanky

^got spawn killed while afk^

• Like 4

NO your not being a douche.. you completed a "Daily Objective". Also it's there fault for being AFK in Freeroam. You also could be doing way worse thing's in GTA and outside of GTA. By the way someone will come on here and be a douche to you, for making a 'pointless and or question without a ending type thing' on this site as usual. Point is there's worse people than you. So no.

• Like 1

Arctic Midnight

NO your not being a douche.. you completed a "Daily Objective". Also it's there fault for being AFK in Freeroam. You also could be doing way worse thing's in GTA and outside of GTA. By the way someone will come on here and be a douche to you, for making a 'pointless and or question without a ending type thing' on this site as usual. Point is there's worse people than you. So no.

Probably my favorite post right here.

• Like 2

I'd go with yeah. If you did have a daily objective, okay complete it and move on.

Pointless thread #1262752.

And yes, you're a douche.

If OP has to ask, yes, he's a douche :)

I wouldn't call you a douche, but it is kind of a douchey thing to do. Yes, it's stupid to go AFK out in the open and not even go passive. Could've just fallen asleep though. I still don't do it. I've had plenty of ppl in my scope, realized they were AFK, and didn't take the shot. That's just me though.

When you get right down to it, all's fair in love and war. That's why I don't get why stupid ppl like to say I'm a coward for using tactics like hiding behind cover. To make it worse, it's usually two or three guys attacking me by myself. I'll stay on the move, running from street to street finding new cover, and steady picking them off while I'm at it. Inevitably one of them calls ME the coward, or p*ssy. Lol. As if I'm supposed to just stand out in the open and take on 3 dudes. It's called combat. In combat you take every strategical advantage you can get over your opponents. I can only laugh at idiots complaining about "hiding", as they keep dying over and over. Lol. Anyway sorry for going on my own little rant there.

• Like 2

WWEMichaelB

RULE #1 of GTA Online: Do NOT go AFK without going into PASSIVE. Its theres NOT yours IMO.

MeatSafeMurderer

You know once upon a time you could leave yourself facing a wall in a online FPS and come back to find yourself...still there...whatever happened to sportsmanship?

Yes, you are a douche.

• Like 3

You know once upon a time you could leave yourself facing a wall in a online FPS and come back to find yourself...still there...whatever happened to sportsmanship?

Yes, you are a douche.

Hahaha, sportsmanship? You're a funny person. That sh*t didn't get passed onto most of this generation.

• Like 3

Had a guy just yesterday call me a p*ssy and he was the one killing everyone in a tank, only using rockets and explosive's after I got rid of his tank. Seems like that's all he knew how to do. So who was the chicken sh*t.

the whole tint argument is pointless cause both my characters have unlocked almost all of their tints from DM/killing a-h0les in FM.

-no point in reading spoiler-

(and really even though no one cares. it does dilute the worth of those tints, it won't help you if its worth as about less than an idle object. besides no everyone thinks theyll get attacked when they have a whole bunch of friends around when they are afc

-even though, that is really the kinda thinking that happens to the still not a care in the world, or new players-

. which happened to a friend. afc in my car, while their more experience counterpart was in the gun store in passive. yet a savage comes about trying to blow us up. and runs away with a Homing in its hind. and then this coward comes around the corner and snipes the one in my car. the one in the hind came back just to spawn kill the one that was afc. in the end when we all weren't afc. they ran away, cause there wasn't any worth for their lazy personality's to put effort into coming after us, just to eventually fail

for a daily objective. there really isn't a reason to go after an afc player cause you only need to spend a few mins in a full lobby to start fighting some one. (else you just need to drive by the area. park, and then start the fighting.) as for the whole phone orders people do. you still do those without it having to be an afc player.

personally id prefer people to "at least try" to become better. than take the easy way out like most do.

but to each their own, hopefully you don't end up on the other end. cause im sure most won't put up a fuss about it. cause its fair(and yes its sarcasm.)

Edited by GTKING1st