2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Proximity Mines

Arctic Midnight

Arctic Midnight

So I've been fighting with these damned things and so far they only seem to work well as automatic sticky bombs. I can't seem to get them to actually go off like they should. Doesn't matter if it's vs a person or vs vehicles either. What's the trick to these things?

I dont understand what the problem is? They arent going off for you? Thats weird.

senormidget

They seem a bit buggy, sometimes they go off other times they don't.

Also the other day I threw a couple down outside LSC to troll one of my crewmates and every time they exploded the mines would respawn a few seconds later. Ended up blowing up my crewmate 3 or 4 times in a row.

• Like 2

A thread was posted about a week ago, talking about the same issue. It seems like it might be a lag issue.

It could be a lag issue.

I have seen some proximity mines get thrown on the ground only to disappear altogether.

It could be a lag issue.

I have seen some proximity mines get thrown on the ground only to disappear altogether.

Yeah it happens to me all the time. I threw on in front of lsc and nothing. I even drove past it and it didn't do sh*t.

roboticsuperman

I get a feeling that there is some kind of range limit on them. And that combined with the arming delay causes most problems imo.

I get a feeling that there is some kind of range limit on them. And that combined with the arming delay causes most problems imo.

Wasn't there people that said they'd throw one down and forgot that they did. And awhile later it went off, they got a kill, and they were all the way across the map?

Furry_Monkey

Wasn't there people that said they'd throw one down and forgot that they did. And awhile later it went off, they got a kill, and they were all the way across the map?

I killed a bounty one night and had no idea how it happened, so I checked the map and found the guy and when I saw where he was I remembered placing a proximity mine there earlier to try and get another player, but he left so I just buggered off and forgot about it. That was roughly half an hour after placing it.

I also tested range and went literally all the way round the map and the mine was still where I left it when I got back. I did this when we first got them though, so obviously things may have changed since then, but I have no reason to believe they have.

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 2

Arctic Midnight

I play in invite only sessions (simply because I don't feel like shot up every five minutes while trying to do my own thing) so I wouldn't think it would be a lag issue. Glad to know I'm not the only one having issues with them not blowing up when, you know, it's a MINE.

I killed a bounty one night and had no idea how it happened, so I checked the map and found the guy and when I saw where he was I remembered placing a proximity mine there earlier to try and get another player, but he left so I just buggered off and forgot about it. That was roughly half an hour after placing it.

I also tested range and went literally all the way round the map and the mine was still where I left it when I got back. I did this when we first got them though, so obviously things may have changed since then, but I have no reason to believe they have.

When you went across the map during this test range, did you or anyone set it off? I've read a few posts like this, how people set it and forgot about it. I mean the one I set at LSC, I stayed around the area, I didn't go to far from it. And it never went off. Say maybe the range isn't that far no more? Or lag problems? Or it just sucks now? No damn clue.

TheJasonGallant

Maybe they saw your bombs and shoot them? I rarely get killed by them since I usually see them....

Arctic Midnight

I like the idea of proximity mines, but they're just too damn finicky. It needs a higher tolerance; some tweaking if you will. If they, you know actually did what they were supposed to, I'd use them all the time in gang attacks like for those moments where you're one shot away from death and around a corner. THAT would have saved me countless times but.....

Prox'es be like:

il1jaw.gif

Maybe they saw your bombs and shoot them? I rarely get killed by them since I usually see them....

I was going against NPCs. They're not that smart.

Edited by Arctic Midnight
  • Like 2

I like the idea of proximity mines, but they're just too damn finicky. It needs a higher tolerance; some tweaking if you will. If they, you know actually did what they were supposed to, I'd use them all the time in gang attacks like for those moments where you're one shot away from death and around a corner. THAT would have saved me countless times but.....

Prox'es be like:

il1jaw.gif

Countless times (while people are following me and trying to kill me) I'll throw one out of my window and nothing. Something is f*cked with them.

• Like 1

TheJasonGallant

Prox'es be like:

il1jaw.gif

Countless times (while people are following me and trying to kill me) I'll throw one out of my window and nothing. Something is f*cked with them.

You sure that it isn't just the time it takes to activate them? They are not activated as soon as you throw them you know, takes a few seconds...

Prox'es be like:

il1jaw.gif

You sure that it isn't just the time it takes to activate them? They are not activated as soon as you throw them you know, takes a few seconds...

I know the light has to blink or some sh*t. Yeah I threw them and had them set, even heard them beep, and nothing.

TheJasonGallant

Prox'es be like:

il1jaw.gif

I know the light has to blink or some sh*t. Yeah I threw them and had them set, even heard them beep, and nothing.

Oh, in that case I don't know... I don't really use them but usually when I step in one I die so....

Arctic Midnight

Yeah; did I mention that the one I missed with and walked over later worked? Oh I was p!ssed.

TheJasonGallant

Yeah; did I mention that the one I missed with and walked over later worked? Oh I was p!ssed.

haha, now that's a good one.

Oh, in that case I don't know... I don't really use them but usually when I step in one I die so....

I have no clue. I haven't seen one work yet but I rarely use them since my luck with them.

Damn man, that's funny but sucks at the same time.

• Like 1

Misanthrope Z

proximity mines are f*cking useless anyway since it seems like every time you place one, a stupid NPC sets it off on purpose. :\

I have reason to believe it did change. I've made a couple of death matches for vehicle combat, and after a short time every vehicle thats not being used, just vanishes rendering the whole deathmatch useless because its focused on car vs car crashing/demo derby style. So they did change some spawning/despawning settings. So chances are, they once again f*cked it up.

MRM95Jb.png

I swear I thought that said boobs at first...

Damn you, brain. :D

Edited by EvilFuture
  • Like 2

TheJasonGallant

I swear I thought that said boobs at first...

Damn you, brain. :D

haha, it sure would have been weird if I said that XD

Totallycasual

I like using them when im in a car chase, i throw them on the ground directly in front of me so i drive over them as they're activating then they person chasing me gets blown up when they stick to my trail :)

Sky_Light12

They seem a bit buggy, sometimes they go off other times they don't.

Also the other day I threw a couple down outside LSC to troll one of my crewmates and every time they exploded the mines would respawn a few seconds later. Ended up blowing up my crewmate 3 or 4 times in a row.

LOL , nice bug

if i was going to do that , i most likely ended up to bad sport because the mine respawn on LSC burton

• Like 1

Furry_Monkey

When you went across the map during this test range, did you or anyone set it off? I've read a few posts like this, how people set it and forgot about it. I mean the one I set at LSC, I stayed around the area, I didn't go to far from it. And it never went off. Say maybe the range isn't that far no more? Or lag problems? Or it just sucks now? No damn clue.

I purposely put it somewhere where it wouldn't be set off, otherwise it would have been a pointless test (except for the surprise lulz). I'll try it again later. I basically put one on the roof of a building at the docks where Simeon's garage is and then circle the map. If it's there when I get back then I'm happy, but I'm pretty confident it will be. I shall report back.