2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Heists Have Taken Over Contact Mission?

nosmoking000

nosmoking000

Just like the title says, do you think Heists have taken over contact missions? I mean, for me, I never get invited to a single Conact Mission anymore. It's always heist after freaking heist. I don't know if it's the session I'm in or my connection or what. Has anyone else noticed this?

Edit: I'm not talking strictly for money reasons. I'm talking more about variety in my invite box. I'm tired of seeing 8 invites for the same setup or heist.

Edited by nosmoking000

You earn more in the flecca heist than you do in 10 RRs so it would be understandable for people to want to keep doing heists.

Another reason being is that more people are coming back to GTA or are done helping their friends with their heists now they want to do their own.

Just join a mission through the phone or the pause section

i hate doing heist bcuz stupid ppl dnt use mics so you keep failing like f that ill solo missions

What you'll find is the multi missions (for 2 or more players) have been replaced. The single player missions are still strong, it's just that the elitist cnts that play the game (start a thread about my opinion and see if I give a damn) prefer to play alone which is why you don't get invites anymore.

nosmoking000

i hate doing heist bcuz stupid ppl dnt use mics so you keep failing like f that ill solo missions

This is why I am asking. I mean what was said about the money thing makes sense, but also there are a lot of idiots out there that will fail or die during the heist so no one gets anything until it's complete. I don't even know how many times I have spent at least 30-45 minutes on a heist because of some moron that couldn't play his part. In that amount of time I could have played Rooftop Rumble, Coveted and Los Santos Connection and made close to what a normal cut I would get by playing in a random person's heist mission.

nosmoking000

What you'll find is the multi missions (for 2 or more players) have been replaced. The single player missions are still strong, it's just that the elitist cnts that play the game (start a thread about my opinion and see if I give a damn) prefer to play alone which is why you don't get invites anymore.

Well that seems a** backwards...you get more money and RP if you play with people, right?

This is why I am asking. I mean what was said about the money thing makes sense, but also there are a lot of idiots out there that will fail or die during the heist so no one gets anything until it's complete. I don't even know how many times I have spent at least 30-45 minutes on a heist because of some moron that couldn't play his part. In that amount of time I could have played Rooftop Rumble, Coveted and Los Santos Connection and made close to what a normal cut I would get by playing in a random person's heist mission.

i got 7 mill so i just need to not lose money at this point

Heist have a more proper level design compared to Contact Missions.

Heist have less moronic pop-ups, while in high paying contact missions are infested with gun-carrying-ninjas.

It's getting old.

KornbreadMaf1a

Yep. 80% of the time that I play with randoms it goes fine whether they have a mic or not. Then I come here and it's person after person bitching about one thing or another. There comes a point where the people who bitch about everything need to look in the mirror and realize the problem is them not everybody else. I don't disagree that their are idiots and trolls who play the game but it's not as widespread as people here make it out to be.

It's amazing to me the amount of people who hate the multi part of multiplayer. Why even play online if you refuse to play with other people?

As far as the topic goes heist are new and were highly anticipated so it's no surprise people prefer to play the new game mode over what has been there since the beginning. Give it a month or two and the amount of people playing contact mission will go up. Contact missions will probably never go back fully to where they were before heist but they will gradually become more popular as people get tired of heist.

• Like 3

Most people are happy with using their zentorno and combat outfits in heists whereas I prefer to try crime scenester with a technical or Land Sea & Air with a Dodo. I find heists too linear and the matchmaking makes me Hulk out.

heist are only fun when its total team work and communication or else its a bunch of fails and wasted time

heist are only fun when its total team work and communication or else its a bunch of fails and wasted time

Most people are happy with using their zentorno and combat outfits in heists whereas I prefer to try crime scenester with a technical or Land Sea & Air with a Dodo. I find heists too linear and the matchmaking makes me Hulk out.

Tried Attack Insurgent on LS Connection. Still got shredded to pieces like salad.

Heavy equipment is not the answer to bad level design with bad pop-up spawn point with overpowered enemies.

Tried Attack Insurgent on LS Connection. Still got shredded to pieces like salad.

Heavy equipment is not the answer to bad level design with bad pop-up spawn point with overpowered enemies.

That's what the Savage is for...

• Like 1

EEDDDWWWAARRRD

I'm still pretty active with missions. Although lately I've just been doing them to hone my shooting skills (pistol headshots and such). I usually just jump from mission to mission solo because Heists did seem to snatch most of the free-aim mission players. The few that I do find in random joins are just heist update newbs who don't know wtf they're doing. Guess that makes me an elitist c*nt :D

Edited by EEDDDWWWAARRRD

nosmoking000

Lol, people actually play Contact Missions solo? And the excuse is trolls or morons? I have yet to encounter anyone of the sort. That or my memory is complete sh*t.

Nope. Still running mission with plenty of people.

Do you get invited or do you use on call? I guess it really doesn't matter for me though. Like what I said earlier, I hardly get an invite and when I use the on call feature via the phone it takes YEARS to find a lobby. Guess it's my crappy Internet. Oh well.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

1 heist+preps> 10 boring old contact missions

JSwartz0181

I haven't had any problems finding On-Call missions. Unfortunately, it seems rare to find the ones set to Hard, as those people seem to be doing Heists (I would be too, if my crew were on). It was nice though having like a week there where I never came across Rectal Rumble! Still not as common as it was pre-Heists, but the frequency of encountering those lobbies is becoming more and more. Yay for actually seeing the mission you're On-Call for now, so I can back out of those the instant it comes up as such!

As we move further away from the release of Heists, the more and more people will be playing missions again, as those by and large don't require four people.

Miss Malevolent

When Rockstar has NEW contact missions... I'll play more of them. Right now they are secondary to everything else.

When you've played those 109 or so missions over and over again...Hell yeah you're going to stick with the new stuff.

1 heist+preps> 10 boring old contact missions

Assuming you can find 3 competent people to do the heist and/or you have 3 friends who happen to have spare hours for GTA at the same time as your GTA time (this is ESPECIALLY HARD for adults with work/school).

I still play contact missions between heist missions. All heists exept for the Flecca heist takes a while to do due to unrealible players and invite systems (my inactive crews makes it even harder to invite competent players to a heist). So i play some contact missions to change servers and earn back the money i put into the heist while i'm at it.

LordVukodlak

With a skilled group you might be able to make more money doing regular contact missions.... however with just one skilled player you could get the elite challenges to make even more money.

The Insurgent gunner doesn't have much protection, it won't handle swarms of NPC's very well. The Kuruma however makes you pretty much bullet proof to the AI.

Edited by LordVukodlak

To me contact missions are now the "sit back and relax" activities as heists can really increase your blood pressure levels sometimes.

• Like 3

Not for me, I can only get the crew together every couple of weeks so 95% of the time its contact missions for me.

I don't play missions I can solo with randoms since about last July when the trolling really got bad.

I still will host, some of the multiplayer missions like Landing Gear, but it gets trolled about 50% of the time with someone blowing up the airplanes at the beginning

Since the era of heists began the number of contact missions invites I get dropped dramatically. I still enjoy playing contact missions (especially now with the new heists toys) & when I play a contact mission I know there's a 99% chance I'll get money, unlike when I participate in a heist & it fails repeatedly because someone dies.

Yesterday I participated in the Prison Break finale twice - the first time I got something like $75K very quickly but the second time... after AN HOUR & A HALF the host left because a low level who played the Prison Officer died time after time.

Always give the low level the job of the Demolition guy. It's still possible to screw up when you're that guy but it's harder. You need to do something really stupid like killing another player with the propeller while he's parachuting to the beach in order to f*ck up the heist.

i didnt find many trolls on missions, what stopped me doing them with randoms was the robotic get-it-done get paid buzzard wankers.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T

What's the highest paying mission, high 20, 000s ??? And unless I'm unaware of a change, you still have to drag out the time to get max payout.

With a skilled group you can bang out the Pacific Standard Set ups at 26, 000 a pop and with the chopper method for the heist, a six figure payday is all but assured.

To me, nothing compares to blasting through the Pacific Standard Jobs. They're not hard if you know what you're doing.

Edited by B3ANTOWN B3A5T

SlobbishBoozer

Heists have taken over contact missions? Wow who would have thought that would happen. Considering the size of the gta playing population im sure you'll find people to play with if you try hard enough. Start off with Titan of a job then go on from there.