2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Freeroam (duration/participation) = less wealth?

Iroquois

How much have you lost?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Cash you lost?

• 0k-50k
    • 51k-250k
    • 251k-500k
    • 501k-1000k
    • >1000k
  2. 2. Do you agree with the OP?

• yes
    • no

It seems like if i spend way too much time in FR, i tend to lose a lot of cash from medical bills. According to social club, ive lost over 1,000,000$ from medical bills since Oct 2013. I recently completed 2 setups, about 20k each. Ive only beem in freemode for about 2 hours since the setups and ive lost 50k from deaths by griefers. Its mainly because im mainly a passive/neutral player and i dont go seeking out players. Im usually the one who gets chased by everyone else all in freemode.

So, is the amount of money you have, mainly influenced by:

-How long you stay in freemode?

-How much you die by griefers?

I realize this may not apply to all but it certainly applies to me. Anyone else share my pain? Anyone in the same boat? Discuss? How much have you guys lost due to medical bills?

Edited by Iroquois
  • Like 1

Free roam is a money pit. You can easily go through a couple hundred thousand in a few hours.

• Like 1

ChineseCosmo

How the f*ck do you lose 50k from dying in 2 hours. Get better or play on passive.

Jesus christ.

EDIT: maybe if you people are multimillionaires who lose five figures every death but I'm not even sure if that's a thing.

Edited by ChineseCosmo
  • Like 1

askinnywhitedildo

I tend to lose a lot of money by blowing up f*ckers Adders and Zentornos when they try chasing me down and killing me. And also having to buy more stickies and RPG's.

For the last few weeks, I've been dumping off any big amounts of money I accumulate onto my secondary character. If I keep $100,000 on me in a FR, I'll be down to $25,000 by the end of the night if I'm in a extremely hostile FR. So with that, it's better to be at $0 and not having to pay peoples insurance, than losing $100g by paying their insurance.

Shootinalloveryourface

On average, a 2-3 hour free roam session costs me $200,000 all bills included so that's gotta be taken into account when I battle.

I was poor once and I died more because I couldn't afford sticky bombs to defend myself

CarimboHanky

there is no bigger money drainer than freeroam....

im a full time freeroamer and can go through 250-300k in a 2-3 hour session.

since october 2013 i have spend 2.6millions in medical bills!

Edited by CarimboHanky

ChineseCosmo

According to Social Club I've lost 108.4k in my 231 hours of GTAO. the majority of that was spent in freeroam.

Edited by ChineseCosmo

askinnywhitedildo

I've only lost $507g on medical bills since day 1 of release.

Not bad.

The only people who complain about not having money are the ones who spend all their time and money on free roam.

• Like 2

FourFingersOfFun

How the hell do you people blow through so much money in freeroam and freeroam battles? I only ever spend money on body armor and rarely spend more than 25k a session. Either you rely way too much on explosives or always blow up people's vehicles on purpose.

Protip: use the minigun on a car until the engine catches on fire and voila, destroyed vehicle without bad sport warning or paying insurance.

Wotanskrieger

I've been doing missions and heists from a month ago until a couple of days ago.

Yes, FR it'll create a hole in your wallet.

Insurance, ammo, money you spend on deaths or suicide (even if you don't have cash money you will lose 500$ from your account) and so on.

I lost over 100k today.

But hey, it's fun as hell, i can't spend all day doing crappy missions, heists, races and DMs.

• Like 2

So true. Been hitting FR more lately and I do notice that's it is easy to blow thru a few 100k in a couple of hours. No wonder there are so many poor players running around. I feel sorry for them but then again it isn't really that hard to make a few 100k in the same time running missions correctly so I can't feel too bad for them.

It was designed that way. You don't even really notice the amount your spending on ammo, snacks, amour, insurance. Hell. I think they need to increase the amount of ammo carried, 9,000 rounds doesn't even seem like a lot anymore.

Edited by Flicksy

CarimboHanky

How the hell do you people blow through so much money in freeroam and freeroam battles? I only ever spend money on body armor and rarely spend more than 25k a session. Either you rely way too much on explosives or always blow up people's vehicles on purpose.

Protip: use the minigun on a car until the engine catches on fire and voila, destroyed vehicle without bad sport warning or paying insurance.

not only explosives are expensive, ammo can get expensive too

not long ago i was part of a 11 player full non-stop battle that lasted little over 3 hours.

3 hours of non-stop shooting, killing, bullets flying, explosions, in short full mayhem.

when the battle came to stop, i had no ammo on my pistol, mg, rifle, shutgun, no stickys, grenades, rpg, minigun, only had like 4000 bullets left on my sniper rifle.

buying all bullets and explosives was over 300k, thats not counting all the car insurance paid, money paid to lester to turn blind eye, etc etc etc, i wont surprise me if that was a half a million session for me, which wont be out of the norm.

so yeah, freeroam battles are like a sport that only rich people can play without going broke.

CaliMeatWagon

It seems like if i spend way too much time in FR, i tend to lose a lot of cash from medical bills. According to social club, ive lost over 1,000,000$ from medical bills since Oct 2013. I recently completed 2 setups, about 20k each. Ive only beem in freemode for about 2 hours since the setups and ive lost 50k from deaths by griefers. Its mainly because im mainly a passive/neutral player and i dont go seeking out players. Im usually the one who gets chased by everyone else all in freemode.

So, is the amount of money you have, mainly influenced by:

-How long you stay in freemode?

-How much you die by griefers?

I realize this may not apply to all but it certainly applies to me. Anyone else share my pain? Anyone in the same boat? Discuss? How much have you guys lost due to medical bills?

I'm rarely in Public Free-Mode Lobbies. I generally have around a million at a time. But I'm also constantly buying stuff and spending money. My secret? I constantly do something that will earn me money. Even if it means creating a deathmatch just to play around with Semi-Trucks.

lol Freeroam is a money drain for sure, Sometimes i'll break even via bounties but usually, in a heated battle with random players, the Ammo, vehicle and prostitute costs can amount to around $150K per hour.

Edit.

After an epic battle, I'll go back to doing missions with friends to make up for the cash lost, not too bad. Gotta do some work to support that habit!

Edited by Raynos

600k on medical bills. Nice.

I notice my friend blows through money like fire when he starts blowing up PV and using explosives for combat.

Edited by Kachii

hornedturtle

Spent on contact services $947.1K

Spent on healthcare $258.1K

Dropped or stolen $387.9K

Picked up $123.8K

Earned from betting $170.6K

Earned from Good Sport reward $213K

Time spent in GTA Online 29d 5h 20min

Spent on contract services $739k

Spent on healthcare $1 million

Dropped or stolen $149k

Picked up 150k

Good sport 314k

Edit: time spent online 39d 7h 9m

Edited by Flicksy

CarimboHanky

Spent on contact services $947.1K

Spent on healthcare $258.1K

Dropped or stolen $387.9K

Picked up $123.8K

Earned from betting $170.6K

Earned from Good Sport reward $213K

Time spent in GTA Online 29d 5h 20min

your building yourself a nice record...

heres mine.

Spent on contact services $11.2millions

Spent on healthcare $2.6millions

Dropped or stolen $3.4millions

Picked up $519.3K

Earned from betting $569.9K

Earned from Good Sport reward $485K

Time spent in GTA Online 64d 20h 58min

keep in mind i have been playing since launch and have been a full time freeroamer since november 2013.

I get into free roam battles but I don't prolong them. Whether I'm kicking ass, getting mine handed to me, or things are pretty even I eventually just leave the situation to do other things (deathmatch, missions etc) put it like this.....I've never run out of ammo at least bullet wise lol.

Spent on contact services $292.7K

Spent on healthcare $181.7K

Dropped or stolen $84.8K

Picked up $169.2K

Earned from betting $0

Earned from Good Sport reward $132K

Time spent in GTA Online 28d 13h 47m 14s

Let's see. If I'm unemployed and spend $300 a week I'll go broke. I'f I'm working and earning $300 a week and spending $300 I'll stay neutral.

So either the op is a kid and/or has no idea how real life works or in this case, freeroam

ADropInTheOcean

More on the 50k - 100k mark here. Free roamn just sucks up your monies.

You can't spend a dime if you're in passive mode and in a street car.

Or am I missing something here.

Edited by TreFacTor

I don't stay in freeroam too much as it costs a hell of alot of money. When I do go to war on the rare occasion I don't care how much it costs me.

Although I have to say I avoid taking out the Savage in FR because of all the bad sport warnings lol, I don't ever want to go there.

Med bills 820K

Time spent online 59 days.