2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How do the new plates on iFruit work?

The Cookie Monster

The Cookie Monster

How do they work?

I just ordered a plate which was not available when I first set up my first plate, so, what's the deal?

You can now get any plate you want(apart from one with spaces, unless you use Charles,) even if it was previously used on someone else's vehicle.

You can also have up to 30 different plates at one time. The downside to this is that any custom plate you create will charge you $100000 extra once you confirm it at an LSC in-game, meaning that if you want all 30 of your vehicles to have a custom plate, you'll have to fork over the $3million to finance them.

Edited by Sigma_yo

The Cookie Monster

You can now get any plate you want(apart from one with spaces, unless you use Charles,) even if it was previously used on someone else's vehicle.

You can also have up to 30 different plates at one time. The downside to this is that any custom plate you create will charge you $100000 extra once you confirm it at an LSC in-game, meaning that if you want all 30 of your vehicles to have a custom plate, you'll have to fork over the $3million to finance them.

Okay, that kind of sucks...

Nothing I have is original anymore so I just wasted 200k adding "special" plates.

Darn, thanks!

I just wanted to add my first plate to the Kuruma and there seems to be no way in game or with app to do it.

Tails Prower

I just wanted to add my first plate to the Kuruma and there seems to be no way in game or with app to do it.

You can still use your original plate.

Go to Ifruit Ap and select the plates option and click on your original plate (mine is TP2040) and then click on

Customise page of the Ap, you will get a message to say Your Plate was changed.

Click the Order Button and you should get an order summary for your original plate and submit it.

Plate will then process onto your car in game after you go into LSC with your order notification message.

Can do video if required?

I thinks it sucks I can't select my original plate in LSC, only works via ifruit. Or is that just me?

I made a 2nd plate in the app, and sometimes I can select that one on cars, but most of the time the private plate option isn't there.

Figured it out finally. The other day it just wasnt processing the order because I wasnt changinging anything as the car was already maxed out in game. Now finally when I pressed order it said a free plate change is what I ordered and says it accepted.

If you order anything to a car, let's say change lights and then order the plate again too it will process through and after that the private plate will be an option again for all cars.

I have a problem where iFruit is only showing 10 cars from my PS3 garage so I can't get the plate back in my PS4, any tips?

WarnerKiller

I thinks it sucks I can't select my original plate in LSC, only works via ifruit. Or is that just me?

I made a 2nd plate in the app, and sometimes I can select that one on cars, but most of the time the private plate option isn't there.

Same here. I no longer even get the option for my original plate. I've modded cars in other ways and it still doesn't show.

Not sure if I need to do something else or if it's just a bug.

PayneKiller15

It shows 10 cars when I have 20. App is pretty useless when I can't select the vehicles I want

WarnerKiller

If you order anything to a car, let's say change lights and then order the plate again too it will process through and after that the private plate will be an option again for all cars.

I have a problem where iFruit is only showing 10 cars from my PS3 garage so I can't get the plate back in my PS4, any tips?

Ah, I also get this. I thought it was just showing 10 cars that I used to have for some reason, but it could be 10 cars from my PS3 garage, now that you mention it. I think you're onto something here. We just need a way to make the app recognise our PS4 cars somehow.

Anybody know?

You can still use your original plate.

Go to Ifruit Ap and select the plates option and click on your original plate (mine is TP2040) and then click on

Customise page of the Ap, you will get a message to say Your Plate was changed.

Click the Order Button and you should get an order summary for your original plate and submit it.

Plate will then process onto your car in game after you go into LSC with your order notification message.

Can do video if required?

I think this will be helpful, thanks. I always rage quit trying to do anything in the ifruit app. I've bought a bunch of cars since the heist update but gave up trying to change plates on any of them.

emptyplayer

Ah, I also get this. I thought it was just showing 10 cars that I used to have for some reason, but it could be 10 cars from my PS3 garage, now that you mention it. I think you're onto something here. We just need a way to make the app recognise our PS4 cars somehow.

Anybody know?

Go into your setting on ifruit app and change it from ps3 to ps4. It will then link with you ps4 account.

For anyone having problems, I find making another change to the plate works. E.g everytime I do a new plate and order it for a car, I will also change something cheap on te car too and this pushes both the changes through. I often change suspension or exhaust.

WarnerKiller

Anybody know?

Go into your setting on ifruit app and change it from ps3 to ps4. It will then link with you ps4 account.

For anyone having problems, I find making another change to the plate works. E.g everytime I do a new plate and order it for a car, I will also change something cheap on te car too and this pushes both the changes through. I often change suspension or exhaust.

Ah, there we go then. Didn't even realise there was such a setting.

WarnerKiller

Yeah, thanks Emptyplayer. I didn't even think to look.

And thanks aFinn, if you hadn't mentioned that the cars were from your PS3 garage it wouldn't have even crossed my mind.

Now, just to consider if a plate is worth $100k!

Also, the stupid app still only shows 9 or 10 of my cars. Uggh.

Miss Malevolent

Yeah, thanks Emptyplayer. I didn't even think to look.

And thanks aFinn, if you hadn't mentioned that the cars were from your PS3 garage it wouldn't have even crossed my mind.

Now, just to consider if a plate is worth $100k!

Also, the stupid app still only shows 9 or 10 of my cars. Uggh.

It will only show the last ten cars you've driven.

Also if you have 2 characters and only one garage is showing, log out of the app and log back in when you are logged on the other character in game. Then you will see both of your character's garages under Michael, Franklin and Trevor's garages.