2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Accident blackspots

BeersInsteadofGears

BeersInsteadofGears

In road safety management, an accident blackspot is a place where accidents have historically been concentrated. This may happen for a variety of reasons, such as a sharp drop or corner in a straight fast road, a hidden junction on a fast road, poor or concealed views at intersections (or a combination of these factors).

The beauty of the GTAV map is there are many areas you can get unstuck and get yourself into a pickle, but it seems to always happen to me in the same spots.

Notably, this corner on Mt Vinewood Drive. Every time driving back to Madrozo's house from Sandy Shores during 'Cleaning Up the Cat House' I will eat s&^t every time and end up in the creek at this corner. 9/10 people I follow do the same. It's a real doozy of a corner and frankly I think the local authorities should install a crash barrier on the outside corner :lol: :

aamtvinewo.png

Second place that gets me every time is this slight kink on the crest of the hill on Innocence Boulevard, heading west - east towards the Murietta Oil Fields and the Depot in El Burro Heights (usually used during Los Santos Connection). I swear I launch myself in the air off the crest of the hill on Innocence Blvd. and end up on Elysian Fwy more often than not:

aainnocenc.png

Anyone else got some accident blackspots to share or do y'all drive more competently than me? :beerhat:

I have a couple :p

every time I take this ramp to the airport (usually when coming from the Little Seoul area)
I always take it too fast and end up smashing into the barrier or clearing it completely, falling to the parking lot below
ZqCjWNM.jpg

I enjoy driving on this winding road near Palomino Highlands but this one corner I never can take correctly
most of the time I usually veer up onto the grass and gain air or smash headfirst into an oncoming car
kvwcrYH.jpg

Edited by GERM!
  • Like 8

CrysisAverted

With the erratic traffic this game has any road is dangerous

• Like 2

BeersInsteadofGears

I have a couple :p

every time I take this ramp to the airport (usually when coming from the Little Seoul area)

I always take it too fast and end up smashing into the barrier or clearing it completely, falling to the parking lot below

ZqCjWNM.jpg

Ahaa yes this one is also a doozy. I got my Slamvan wedged in between the concrete barrier of the slip lane there once!

Is this The Guy?

That one that germ posted with the airport road is where I always screw up as well lol. And it's a bitch finding a way back to the road to get to the airport after falling to the parking lot

I have one but never really took note of where it is on the map. In Los Santos Connection when you get the gps and head to the second location. I always take the road nearing the location too fast which ends with me falling to the freeway.

(Edit: Never mind, you already mentioned that one :) )

Edited by This Guy Is Here
  • Like 1

Vinewood Hills in general is where I crash the most. Roads are too narrow, gotta slow down if you wanna be safe.

• Like 1

that first one used to get me too but now I know so I approach with caution

• Like 2

every intersection in town.

but there that road above on the way to the airport i usually end up in the car park.

anywhere there is a fence too0_0.jpg

• Like 1

BeersInsteadofGears

I have one but never really took note of where it is on the map. In Los Santos Connection when you get the gps and head to the second location. I always take the road nearing the location too fast which ends with me falling to the freeway.

That's my number 2 spot on Innocence Blvd. Every time mate, every time...

• Like 1

E•MO•TION

That one corner in the Criminal Records race track.

:p

• Like 4

L8m1zfV.png

HirsuteDave

Vinewood Hills in general is where I crash the most. Roads are too narrow, gotta slow down if you wanna be safe.

It's not the width that gets me so much as the blind crests and corners. I can pretty much guarantee there'll be some NPC hiding there when I'm in a hurry :angry:

• Like 2

TheNameless

Coming into the airport on the freeway from the west, as you go around the corner, I ALWAYS hit the barrier and spin off into the car park below

• Like 1

Innocence Boulevard - as per the OP, I see guys fly over that bump every time I do Los Santos Connection.

• Like 1

The Leprechaun

When I am doing the race Olympic Freeway, the corner of Vespucci Blvd. and Popular St. turning right.

In road safety management, an accident blackspot is a place where accidents have historically been concentrated. This may happen for a variety of reasons, such as a sharp drop or corner in a straight fast road, a hidden junction on a fast road, poor or concealed views at intersections (or a combination of these factors).

The beauty of the GTAV map is there are many areas you can get unstuck and get yourself into a pickle, but it seems to always happen to me in the same spots.

Notably, this corner on Mt Vinewood Drive. Every time driving back to Madrozo's house from Sandy Shores during 'Cleaning Up the Cat House' I will eat s&^t every time and end up in the creek at this corner. 9/10 people I follow do the same. It's a real doozy of a corner and frankly I think the local authorities should install a crash barrier on the outside corner :lol: :

aamtvinewo.png

Great post.

This is or was my number one "bite it" area. I learned my lesson by watching so many AdderZentornoEntity jockeys end up in a field or creek. Haven't crashed here in a long time but when I go by, it brings back memories. Bad memories.

Innocence Boulevard - as per the OP, I see guys fly over that bump every time I do Los Santos Connection.

Oh sh*t yes, lol. I'm 50-50 on this one. 50% of the time I end up on the freeway below and the other 50% I luck out and only roll over a hundred times like I meant to do ;)

Edited by hotrats773
  • Like 1

Thanks to threads like this, fw3 and Scubadave is why I still visit this place.

• Like 3

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

Anyone who has raced long haul 2 knows this corner well

CAw9BeyUwAAbbRc.jpg

hahaha ended up in the marsh below a couple of times, one time i even landed in the water. couple of other times landed on the dirt road below.

i know to brake or at least back off for this corner now.

• Like 3

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The best way is to just fly.

Aircraft gang or don't bang meng

Edited by Inked.

Heard an opp got killed, watch me do my dance.

Got a pocket full of bills, watch me do my dance.

I just popped a pill, watch me do my dance.

Hit that nigga with the steel watch that nigga dance.

BitPieStudios

Basically all the common places I wipe out are listed already ( The airport freeway... Wowies! )

Nice thread OP!

• Like 1

LightningLord

I need to check out the airport freeway. I don't think I've crashed there. How does one crash there, anyways?

IcOqQpq.gif

I need to check out the airport freeway. I don't think I've crashed there. How does one crash there, anyways?

the road deviates (i think thats the right word basically it dips) and at high speeds it turns into a jump and you go flying over the edge and either land in a car park below or get stuck on these pylon thingys. annoying during a mission.

• Like 2

I usually don't crash but when I do is in sandy shores at that intersection near the radars.

malcolmfunktion

Are you kidding me!? The whole map is one big accident black spot. I think players just push accelerate and see how long they can last before crashing.

• Like 2

BeersInsteadofGears

Anyone who has raced long haul 2 knows this corner well

CAw9BeyUwAAbbRc.jpg

Many a time did I drive on two wheels trying to hold it together after over cooking this turn!! Like even in a Dundreary Regina. Another classic blackspot

HirsuteDave

And when you're racing with scrubs that corner is just hell even if you know what to do cause you know someone's going to forget what brakes do...

Solid Scorpion

I enjoy driving on this winding road near Palomino Highlands but this one corner I never can take correctly

most of the time I usually veer up onto the grass and gain air or smash headfirst into an oncoming car

kvwcrYH.jpg

I normally pride myself on being quite a clean and aware driver, but this road always gets me heading south.

Blind corner over the brow of a hill. See I know it's there, I just always forget or misjudge it.

• Like 2

USE YOUR f*ckING BRAKES!!!!

I swear every time I do a heist or mission or whatever, people just flying over these corners like it's a stunt jump, only to fail at the jump horribly.

That one corner on the highway posted above is just hilarious in that long haul race, every driver just pilles up on top of each other(hehe) while I slam on the brakes and watch the fun while overtaking them