3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Players terrified of dying in GTAO

Potato Bean

Potato Bean

I've always wondered why people are scared to die in this game (or any game). You have people who have to reverse up to you in their bulletproof supercars, spam sticky bombs and don't even attempt to shoot at you, or people who will only use jets and will instantly go into passive the instant they are killed. I've never been able to understand it. Do they not realize that they will respawn in a matter of seconds?

The only logical reason to do the acts that I mentioned is out of fear. Fear of dying and feeling inferior to the person who killed you on a video game, or fear of your precious player statistics being lowered. Oh no! Your K/D went from a 2.5 to a 2.48? You'll never get anywhere in life! Better jump into a jet and kill random people, then jump into passive mode when you crash. Once they finally get it back to a 2.5, they can proudly brag about it to all the peasants in the lobby and tell them to bow to their masterful button pressing skills. Then, when their mommy or daddy tells them to go do some chores, they return to the real world.

Real world: noun - the world that we, as humans, exist in. Statistics on a video game do not give you any sort of benefit in this world.

This is not a B&M thread, I'm just wondering why people are so afraid of a video game. You may ask, "Why do you care, it's just a game like you said!" That's true, but behind these cowards that you find online is a real person. If they're scared of dying on a video game because it hurts their superiority complex, that can give you a clue as to what kind of person they are...

• Like 3

Potato Bean

The question is... why did batman tell him to shut up? Does he too care about his K/D in such a manner that he would smack his friend with such intensity as to break the sound barrier?

Misanthrope Z

i don't care about K/D

my favorite cars just coincidentally have bullet proof rears and i enjoy high speed battles in vehicles more than playing peekaboo behind corners and being spammed with marksman rifles by people with sh*t connections.

• Like 2

I'm not scared of dying but sometimes after getting flattened the 10th time in 5 min when I want to buy some armor or snacks it does get annoying. So yeah then I or i just stand still until someone flattened me for the 50th time or i just go in passive mode,

This goes both ways tbh. But my kill/death ratio sucks anyway. I'm crap in GTAO but Idc as I just enjoy playing

You have to understand. It's a gene in out body that wants us to be better at everything. Your body is a self repairing machine and just like a machine you need a human to start it up. these metaphors meanings will just get twisted so fukit. not all machines were built alike same concept but not often same materials and structure. So there you have slight difference.

Once a machine malfunction but is still in production it will continue to make the same mistake over and over until a human comes and fixes the problem. Or reprogram the machine to repair it self.

A troll: Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic ...

Same thing if you playing a video game and encounter people who physically/virtually act out in the same manner.

I always said behind the controller is a human being so it's his mind his actions.

I just had a team drive away from the deathmatch when they where 1 kill ahead =.=

That's a pretty legit tactic near the end of a round, if it was at the start I would find it a bit ridiculous. Winning team gets more money and the satisfaction of edging out a close competition.

Potato Bean

I'm not scared of dying but sometimes after getting flattened the 10th time in 5 min when I want to buy some armor or snacks it does get annoying. So yeah then I or i just stand still until someone flattened me for the 50th time or i just go in passive mode,

This goes both ways tbh. But my kill/death ratio sucks anyway. I'm crap in GTAO but Idc as I just enjoy playing

I can understand that. You're being annoyed while you're trying to do your business. What I'm talking about is the aggressive players who use the most cowardly tactics because they don't want to die and hurt their precious K/D (or just have a superiority complex).

Mr. Scratch

Well I don't know about that, however I did have people telling me I don't fight fair when they're trying to kill me. As if using cover is some kind of hack.

Video games, like movies and televison, are experienced vicariously. So yes, they do care if they die.

TiberiusMcQueen

Well I don't know about that, however I did have people telling me I don't fight fair when they're trying to kill me. As if using cover is some kind of hack.

Those people amuse me, I take cover when I get attacked because I'm not an idiot. People who never take cover are just f***ing idiots that do little else than get themselves killed during missions and waste other peoples time.

Edited by TiberiusMcQueen

badblack87gn

For me personally it has nothing to do with stats or anything.

It's the fact that I can't ENJOY my time in free roam when griefers want to kill me while i'm picking up armor or snacks.. or trying to get from one part to another part simply to check something out or explore.

I would play in a private session if it wasn't for sometimes wanting to jump into a mission occasionally.

It's not fun to buy my pegasus vehicle take off and get blasted out of the air when all I wanted to do was go to the northern part of the map.

It's not fun to get my vehicle blown up or shot to bits when I just wanted to go to the mod shop and change some colors/looks.

Need I go on? That's why I tend to use passive mode.

Hell it's fun to be in passive mode and see the idiot griefers who are too stupid to realize you're in passive mode waste their ammo and time trying to kill you.

I'm hoping that someday I get that modified passive mode where I can just interact with the world but not the other players..

I like GTA:O I like the occasional threat of other players, but it seems like 98% of the people playing anymore are just jerks who gun you down and blow up your stuff just because.

• Like 4

RandallFlagg00

It's the fact that I can't ENJOY my time in free roam when griefers want to kill me while i'm picking up armor or snacks.. or trying to get from one part to another part simply to check something out or explore.

I would play in a private session if it wasn't for sometimes wanting to jump into a mission occasionally.

It's not fun to buy my pegasus vehicle take off and get blasted out of the air when all I wanted to do was go to the northern part of the map.

It's not fun to get my vehicle blown up or shot to bits when I just wanted to go to the mod shop and change some colors/looks.

Hell it's fun to be in passive mode and see the idiot griefers who are too stupid to realize you're in passive mode waste their ammo and time trying to kill you.

I'm hoping that someday I get that modified passive mode where I can just interact with the world but not the other players..

I like GTA:O I like the occasional threat of other players, but it seems like 98% of the people playing anymore are just jerks who gun you down and blow up your stuff just because.

You can still join missions while in passibe mode.

badblack87gn

Probably need to re-read what I wrote.

You don't get the random mish invites (unless it's from friends) in a solo/invite only session.

I know I get the mission invites in passive mode in a regular lobby (that's why I use it). Though passive mode sucks because I can't have fun shooting peds and robbing stores and all that stuff in passive mode because it completely bars the use of weapons. Thus.. The griefers diminish my fun of the game because my only option to interact with the populace is passive mode on a regular lobby which limits the way I can interact with the non living components of the game.

Edited by badblack87gn

RandallFlagg00

Probably need to re-read what I wrote.

You don't get the random mish invites (unless it's from friends) in a solo/invite only session.

I know I get the mission invites in passive mode in a regular lobby (that's why I use it). Though passive mode sucks because I can't have fun shooting peds and robbing stores and all that stuff in passive mode because it completely bars the use of weapons. Thus.. The griefers diminish my fun of the game because my only option to interact with the populace is passive mode on a regular lobby which limits the way I can interact with the non living components of the game.

Oh ok. I usually join mission with the quick-job in the phone. I'm also in one of those massive crews so I still get lots of invites when I'm in a solo session.

FuqOutTheWay

People need to get a f*cking grip and stop crying about getting killed it is GTA after all the game is pretty much based on violence. I think there should be passive lobby's and sessions with no passive option at all.

I tend to not use passive mode unless I'm AFK and I play without using pussy tactics such as tanks and fighter jets. I didn't start playing gta online with the intention of having a high KD ratio but when I was like level 60-70 and my KD was around 3 I thought, why f*ck that up?

It feels good having the highest KD in like 95% of the lobbies I play in, but it does force me to be more careful and having to go on killing sprees when my KD goes down by 0.01 gets frustrating. Maybe when GTA 6 comes out I will have a normal KD like 1.50 and I'll be able to play the game less cautiously but until then I'll stay on my toes when playing gta and keep avoiding certain game modes like deathmatches and adversary modes where it is impossible to maintain a high KD.

smokingndriving

I don't care about K/D, I care about not letting other people have the satisfaction of getting me. I don't care about K/D, I care about last laugh.

People need to get a f*cking grip and stop crying about getting killed it is GTA after all the game is pretty much based on violence. I think there should be passive lobby's and sessions with no passive option at all.

What there SHOULD be are "all out" lobbies and "normal" lobbies. "All out" - no BS, no insurance, no passive.

Edited by smokingndriving

Dude walked past me with his gun out after I spawned outside eclipse from quitting the kuruma job again, when he didn't shoot I walked to my car. This dude waited till I was in the getting in car animation, peppered me and went inside. Can't even be mad. Dude must be terrified of confrontation lol

Chamber53DV

I've always wondered why people are scared to die in this game (or any game). You have people who have to reverse up to you in their bulletproof supercars, spam sticky bombs and don't even attempt to shoot at you, or people who will only use jets and will instantly go into passive the instant they are killed. I've never been able to understand it. Do they not realize that they will respawn in a matter of seconds?

The only logical reason to do the acts that I mentioned is out of fear. Fear of dying and feeling inferior to the person who killed you on a video game, or fear of your precious player statistics being lowered. Oh no! Your K/D went from a 2.5 to a 2.48? You'll never get anywhere in life! Better jump into a jet and kill random people, then jump into passive mode when you crash. Once they finally get it back to a 2.5, they can proudly brag about it to all the peasants in the lobby and tell them to bow to their masterful button pressing skills. Then, when their mommy or daddy tells them to go do some chores, they return to the real world.

Real world: noun - the world that we, as humans, exist in. Statistics on a video game do not give you any sort of benefit in this world.

This is not a B&M thread, I'm just wondering why people are so afraid of a video game. You may ask, "Why do you care, it's just a game like you said!" That's true, but behind these cowards that you find online is a real person. If they're scared of dying on a video game because it hurts their superiority complex, that can give you a clue as to what kind of person they are...

Geez. I would say just let it go and enjoy your game. You just built a whole reality of what you think a person you've never met that you've seen piloting a jet and killing some folks life may be like in the real world (maybe killed you a couple of times too). You must be fun to play with, send me a FR! Edited by Chamber53DV

I just don't want to give someone the satisfaction of thinking they are better than me when i'm not going to fight back, but I don't use the tactics in the OP either so this probably isn't directed towards me.

The only time I was scared of dieing in a video game was Tomb Raider 1. Tigers and snakes out of nowhere! sh*t was scary!

I don't think it's so much as being terrified, as getting the satisfaction of dying some a revenge kill.

Kill someone randomly in FR and drive away 9/10 the person you killed will follow, kill them again and again drive away and they come at you harder or start sh*t talking because they are pissed you're denying them their chance at revenge.

I don't think it's so much as being terrified, as getting the satisfaction of dying some a revenge kill.

Kill someone randomly in FR and drive away 9/10 the person you killed will follow, kill them again and again drive away and they come at you harder or start sh*t talking because they are pissed you're denying them their chance at revenge.

Those are called girls or like my granddaddy used to say Galls, and if you like boys in dresses go ahead..chase that booty. Edited by sh0tyme

RandallFlagg00

Those are called girls or like my granddaddy used to say Galls, and if you like boys in dresses go ahead..chase that booty.

I think granddaddy probably called them gals. Galls are growths on plants.

badblack87gn

I know.. everyone out there should realize that It's Grand Theft Auto: Call of Duty deathmatch (why does everyone include this... "online" term?) and everyone should be aiming to gun each other down at all times.. Am I right? It's not like Grand Theft Auto was developed on a legacy of Missions and epic police chases and now the opportunity to do both with other living breathing people that don't need to be tethered to your vehicle (ala san andreas) would call to a set of people who don't care for team death matches and such..

Oh wait.. My enjoyment from the game has been from fun police chases and activities with friends/random people along side missions?

Is that why i've got all the missions completed but only one death match? Crazy..

Edited by badblack87gn
  • Like 1