2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The "rebalancing" topic

JoeFury1997

JoeFury1997

I apologise if there is a similar thread to this that I am unaware of but I thought I'd start a topic in which we can discuss general balancing in this game. Whether you want to discuss gun, vehicle or general game play balancing then you could discuss it here.

I know there is a wishlist thread already and if you think this topic is useless then fine but I just haven't really seen a topic like this.

Anyway a quick example of something that could be rebalanced in the game is the new lectro bike and how it could be rebalanced so it's more worth the cost. Could go more in depth but yeah tl;dr.

SO. What things do you think need re balancing?

Edited by JoeFury1997

Homing Launcher for starters. Give us flares that take 15-30 seconds to refill or make the launcher only lock on to certain vehicles.
Small caliber weapons that damage helicopters. A 9mm pistol should do 0% damage to a helicopter, especially if it is flying.

JoeFury1997

Homing Launcher for starters. Give us flares that take 15-30 seconds to refill or make the launcher only lock on to certain vehicles.

Small caliber weapons that damage helicopters. A 9mm pistol should do 0% damage to a helicopter, especially if it is flying.

In free mode they should only lock on to helicopters and planes which are armed or just make the non armed aircraft stronger.

In free mode they should only lock on to helicopters and planes which are armed or just make the non armed aircraft stronger.

That's what I thought it was originally going to do. Instead it locks on ALL vehicles, which is a bit bullsh*t. I think the Hydra, Lazer, Buzzard, Annihilator, and Savage should be auto-locked on. The Valkyrie should be only be locked on if there are gunners. The Insurgent Pick-Up should be the only ground vehicle with auto-lock as. All other cars, planes, and helicopters with players in them should not get locked onto. Doesn't seem to hard to code into the game either.

JoeFury1997

That's what I thought it was originally going to do. Instead it locks on ALL vehicles, which is a bit bullsh*t. I think the Hydra, Lazer, Buzzard, Annihilator, and Savage should be auto-locked on. The Valkyrie should be only be locked on if there are gunners. The Insurgent Pick-Up should be the only ground vehicle with auto-lock as. All other cars, planes, and helicopters with players in them should not get locked onto. Doesn't seem to hard to code into the game either. I agree with this, unless the aircraft is controlled by AI then it's okay I guess. Edited by JoeFury1997

Homing launcher could deal with a reserve depletion. From 10 to like 4 or 5. And less tracking ability (increased velocity, less aerial handling). That sh*t does full 180 degree turns on a f*cking dime.

• Like 1

JoeFury1997

Homing launcher could deal with a reserve depletion. From 10 to like 4 or 5. And less tracking ability (increased velocity, less aerial handling). That sh*t does full 180 degree turns on a f*cking dime.

It could definitely use some tweaking. I've never been shot at with it surprisingly but from looking at the forums I can tell it's a pain.

fakebasedjo

This

I'd like to add that some of the military aircraft could use a bit more armor, at the cost of a little speed or agility.

Officer Ronson

Put in goddamn crouching and remove the goddamn roll while standing, this will atleast make deathmatches a little bit more serious since you won't see half of the goddamn match turning into gymnastics class.

• Like 3

...and what exactly makes you think that helicopters are impervious to handguns??

...and they are definitely not impervious to Jaws:

Scott Stapp

Auto aim shouldn't be able to target vehicles. There's no reason a moving target should be easier to hit than one that's moving slower on foot.

Combat roll > vehicle going 100 mph ???

Rocktard = idiots

...and what exactly makes you think that helicopters are impervious to handguns??

My apologies, military helicopters. How does an armored vehicle take damage from a caliber too small to penetrate it?

• Like 2

Put in goddamn crouching and remove the goddamn roll while standing, this will atleast make deathmatches a little bit more serious since you won't see half of the goddamn match turning into gymnastics class.

this is why I pretty much completely avoid PVP in online, always just a bunch of combat rolling and spraying the auto shottie

TheGoodSgtScooter

First things first, the homing launcher shouldn't lock on to any helicopters in auto aim sessions. Helicopters are easily shot down by a quick RPG or minigun, or well aimed rifle. The autoshottie could use a decrease in either range or fire rate. The heavy sniper should be rebuffed, back to one hit kill.

• Like 1

This

I'd like to add that some of the military aircraft could use a bit more armor, at the cost of a little speed or agility.

Rhino savage valkerie and hydra need armor buffs

Homing is fine the way it is agaisnt most enemies. It's only really op against the new air - savage, valk and rhino just up the armor on these vehicles

Rhino shoudl take 1-2 more hits and be less damaged from running over cars. The police small arms bullets should do zero damage to the rhino.

Air should be better agaisnt small arms and light brushes with buildings. Add anti air flares.

You wanna talk about rebalancing?

Wait until Rockstar rebalance what the AI can do to you even with a single handgun.

• Like 1

ChineseCosmo

Car armor vs car acceleration/mass. Should be a trade off.

The entire weapon wheel. Should have to choose between mini gun grenade launcher homing etc. should have to choose between sawn offs and auto shotties. Should have to choose between machine gun & sub machine gun. Between prox & remote mines. Etc etc. A balance issue & pain in the ass. I don't need to click past my sns pistol every time I want to equip my AP one.

Perfect world would necessitate the creation of load outs. Max Payne 3 style. Oh well.

First things first, the homing launcher shouldn't lock on to any helicopters in auto aim sessions. Helicopters are easily shot down by a quick RPG or minigun, or well aimed rifle. The autoshottie could use a decrease in either range or fire rate. The heavy sniper should be rebuffed, back to one hit kill.

Most people don't have RPGs & mini guns. Hell, a lot don't even have rifles.

Richard Power Colt

I wish the military vehicles wouldn't be so easy to access. They should put in a cooldown that starts after they're destroyed imo. It's annoying how some people resort to them as their only way to fight. Right after I destroy their tank or whatever, they order a new one and are back for revenge a minute later. It also makes the vehicles quickly lose their novelty when you can use them so often.

Edited by GTAandStuff

CarimboHanky

i'd like R* focusing in rebalancing the cops and their response, before they deal with stuff like *eye roll* the homing launcher.

Richard Power Colt

i'd like R* focusing in rebalancing the cops and their response, before they deal with stuff like *eye roll* the homing launcher.

The main thing I hate about cops are the helicopters spawning right in front of you with their cone of vision incredibly close to you. They're avoidable with the right tactics, but it's still a pain in the ass. The cops also often seem to know where you are even when the stars are flashing. I think they're supposed to head for your last known location, but sometimes they're just heading your way somehow when you haven't been seen by anyone in a while.

Edited by GTAandStuff

CarimboHanky

The entire weapon wheel. Should have to choose between mini gun grenade launcher homing etc. should have to choose between sawn offs and auto shotties. Should have to choose between machine gun & sub machine gun. Between prox & remote mines. Etc etc. A balance issue & pain in the ass. I don't need to click past my sns pistol every time I want to equip my AP one.

Perfect world would necessitate the creation of load outs. Max Payne 3 style. Oh well.

thats not rebalancing, that called limiting.

btw if you dont want to pass the sns to get to the ap you can always drop the sns.

Franklin Clinton GTA 5

I agree with the Lectro. Good thing I duped it, the KERS needs to last longer. def not worth 750

I don't think the homing missile should be selective, it must lock on any aircraft as IRL, what should be done is giving flares or ECM to the military/armed ones and a huge penalty for destroying the civilian ones, like a heavy insurance tax (and bad sport) for blowing a maverick, swift and others as if they were a PV.

AzelfandQuilava

If they removed the level-locking on some of the non-OP weapons (Carbine Rifle, Pump-Shotgun) then I'd be happy... Or they could just put a f*cking level-lock on the Homing Missile...

Richard Power Colt

If they removed the level-locking on some of the non-OP weapons (Carbine Rifle, Pump-Shotgun) then I'd be happy... Or they could just put a f*cking level-lock on the Homing Missile...

All DLC weapons should have level lock. Maybe they already did this on new-gen idk, but on last-gen they break the progression for new players. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the bullpup rifle is the best assault rifle in the game and you get it a level 0.

GTA Online is so poorly designed that I wish R* would let us host modded servers with custom rules on PC, but I doubt they'll take it too kindly since it would break their shark card business model.

Edited by GTAandStuff

Rebalancing? Make a slow, "boosted" bike cheaper than a f*cking Lambo.

JoeFury1997

I agree with the weapon level locking as I mean c'mon you can buy a homing rocket launcher which is superior in every way compared to the rpg at rank 1. The AI need some accuracy and health re balancing as I've seen and experienced how OP they can be. I recently bought the enduro, I like it but what is the point of it if it can't be used in off road races. Oh yeah and the "heist" series A funding could do with a bigger payout at the end seeing as I don't think it makes sense paying lower than the two previous heists.

So a homing launcher that is designed to lock on to a target shouldn't in auto aim? Also decrease the fire rate of an automatic shotgun? Go watch videos on YouTube and see how fast they shoot.

JoeFury1997

Come out to play is very unbalanced in auto aim. It is just impossible to kill the runners without getting assault rifled off miles away.

TheGoodSgtScooter

So a homing launcher that is designed to lock on to a target shouldn't in auto aim? Also decrease the fire rate of an automatic shotgun? Go watch videos on YouTube and see how fast they shoot.Helicopters can be shot down extremely easily in AA with a Carbine, just get a lock on the pilot and shoot. Less so in FA obviously.

You can't deny the autoshottie is just ridiculous, 36 rounds of potential one hit kill, and only used by annoying asses. I could care less how fast it's counterpart fires in the real world.