2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Alternative for mics on PS3 for Heists?

montanaa

This is a thread for people on PS3 that wanna do Heists with communication but don't have a PS3 mic.

Is there an alternative for the PS3 mic that is being used by anyone that anyone knows of?

I would suggest Skype or mIRC etc?

I think it would be a good idea since it is much easier to understand each other by communicating.

Write PM to me if you are interested btw. I'm lvl 101 and serious by getting a 4 people crew together to get these $12 million over the weekend. I'm in Sweden timezone GMT+1.

Tried KIK with a crew yesterday for the Pacific Heist and it was awesome for communication without mics.

Edited by montanaa

Wotanskrieger

When it's too late, we use the PS3 chat.

Btw, i don't think EVERYBODY needs to have a mic to do heists. As long as you do a good work and you know what to do in every situation it's not needed.

You answered your own question.

• Like 3

People still think that having a mic turns you into Agent 47...

Mic availability has nothing to do with skill.

• Like 3

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

This is a thread for people on PS3 that wanna do Heists with communication but don't have a PS3 mic.

Is there an alternative for the PS3 mic that is being used by anyone that anyone knows of?

I think it would be a good idea since it is much easier to understand each other by communicating.

Write PM to me if you are interested btw. I'm lvl 101 and serious by getting a 4 people crew together to get these $12 million over the weekend. I'm in Sweden timezone GMT+1.

If one leader with a mic knows what he or she is doing and everyone listens it coud still work...but realy...everyone needs to listen to every word thats said and the leader must be up for the task

Btw, i don't think EVERYBODY needs to have a mic to do heists. As long as you do a good work and you know what to do in every situation it's not needed.

At the emp delivery prep...or everyone realy needs to be able to pull a trigger fast since there is that one ocasion atleast 2 people must simultaniously take out targets

I agree. But the problem is not knowing if the other 3 guys do know all the steps etc. Specially if we are going for the Mastermind reward.

The PS3 chat is a pain in my assholes.

Indeed. But if you are Agent 47 that doesn't make other people Agent 47's as well..

But a mic can guide them into learning the ways of the silent assassin. The Mastermind reward is absolution, it must be perfectly executed in order to success.

Edited by montanaa
  • Like 2

Communication is key for some co-op missions, I hate playing with random morons without mics that have no clue what's going on and keep sending messages. It's possible to play without one sometimes if you can hear everyone else and follow orders but I'm not wasting time typing a message to some Muppet without a mic every 2 minutes, most missions aren't too hard in this game and can easily be done solo on hard but there are many co-op games that require teamwork and get a mic or gtfo in those cases.

greenghost2212

A Bluetooth headset cost as low as 5 to ten dollars come on man its 2015 smh.

Do a chatroom over ps3 if need be.

Can also setup / find a teamspeak server and talk through laptop / phone etc.

Edited by Hx1349

senormidget

How are people doing the Humane Labs setup where you drop off the EMP without using a mic?

How do you decide who's gonna shoot who and when?

How are people doing the Humane Labs setup where you drop off the EMP without using a mic?

By not rushing the job and seeing which blip has the best angle for the most effective shot.

Rinse & Repeat.

Sky_Light12

just got the bluetooth headset and it work for recent " teamwork " on pacific bank job

Crazy_Cico007

try to play heist humane lab(dont know name) for example without mic, where you need go stealth and be quiet to kill enemies,and you will see what I think

Edited by Cico555

the nameless

At the emp delivery prep...or everyone realy needs to be able to pull a trigger fast since there is that one ocasion atleast 2 people must simultaniously take out targets

When I joined a heist at this mission 2 people had mics, one guy with a mic said me and guy 2 go left, guy 3 (his mate with the mic) and guy 4 guy right, when it came to shooting the guys together all you need to do is be able to take instruction - guy 1 said 3,2,1 shoot - he and I shot together, guy 3 said 3,2,1, shoot - he and guy 4 shot together.

Another example, I just played the emp mission with some English speaking Chinese guys - after 2 failed attempts at dodging the jets, the pilot says "sorry guys I never played this mission before, who should fly the hydra instead", then he said my user name to his friends followed by "he's been good" (in fairness, I was 1st to the boat, killed most enemies, showed them the direction on the aircraft carrier, and downed a few jets). So on the next try they all went straight for the Lasers leaving me to take the hydra.

All with mics is probably best for efficiency, but only are needed really. If you don't have mics and really want 4 way communication I suppose skype is next best thing.

Charles_Lee_Raye

No but it has everything to do with communication. Please try to complete the pacific bank setup where you find the vans with no mics. I tried it once, never again.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

No but it has everything to do with communication. Please try to complete the pacific bank setup where you find the vans with no mics. I tried it once, never again.

i honestly was capable of doing that, but yes, every single individual needs to know how to stay unnoticed(also dont know if it was on hard, normal or easy)

BlackRuiner

If one leader with a mic knows what he or she is doing and everyone listens it coud still work...but realy...everyone needs to listen to every word thats said and the leader must be up for the task

Or you can just shoot them fast enough by yourself, that you don't need a second person :cool:

Edited by BlackRuiner
  • Like 1

Too bad the cheapest, most reliable PS3 headset I could find around here costs 140 bucks....I'd buy it today but my car beeds a new IAC valve... ;-(

senormidget

By not rushing the job and seeing which blip has the best angle for the most effective shot.

Rinse & Repeat.

But how do you agree to fire at the same time? What if you take down one guard but nobody gets the one standing next to him?

Not having a dig or anything I just can't imagine it working based on the experiences I've had playing with randoms.

Too bad the cheapest, most reliable PS3 headset I could find around here costs 140 bucks....I'd buy it today but my car beeds a new IAC valve... ;-(

Any cell phone Bluetooth headset works, a decent one costs $20