4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Oh, h-hi...GTA fan...

Yu Jian

Wh-why haven't you played me yet?

ctw_huang.jpg

I notice not a lot of love given to this amazing "little" game. You guys going on about heists and I'm in Liberty City running the f*cking drug game son.

Jokes aside, don't let the isometric, 2D-ish camera fool you into believing that the game isn't worthwhile. The visuals are fantastic for a Nintendo DS game.

So I don't want act as if this game, or playing this game, makes you a "true" GTA fan, but I see a lot of people here haven't played it. The dialogue in this game is witty, some of the best of the series. I myself beat it once on the PSP and a month ago got it for my phone. The Android version has the enhanced graphics but it's not like the PSP, it's kind of a hybrid.

So kudos to you who enjoyed this game. I had the 2D GTA's on my PS1 growing up, although my love started to shine through when the 3D era started, with GTA III. I hate to admit this but I find GTA 1 unplayable. Not being able to save? C'mon son!

But after completing GTA 2, and then playing CTW, it's truly what you'd call a "love letter" to top down fans. I for one didn't start on the top down cam so it was a transition for me at first, but dealing with it in GTA 2 makes CTW seem to be so much better.

In a way, I'd say CTW is the best in the series when it comes to side missions. It's so addictive. The game is meth.

Anyway, I'm getting carried away, PSA over. PLAY CTW!

• Like 8

Niko Montana

I actually love this game! I own it on iPad & PSP. The story is very good along with great gameplay and side missions that fit the theme of the criminal underworld. It's the most underrated GTA ever.

PhillBellic

I have played this as well. I like the Radio Stations, they are very whimsical. :)

Lethal Vaccine

I got it for iOS. I bought it December 25th 2014, on Christmas Day.

Have not played it much yet. In a month or so, though, I plan on going for 100% in this game with 14 BP Vehicles.

universetwisters

I don't want to go to HD-era Liberty City again, sorry.

LightningLord

I have it on my GS5. Don't play it much, though. I like the game, just need to play it more.

IcOqQpq.gif

You're not really going back to the same place though.

happygrowls

I loved this game so much, I got it around the time it released. It's an amazing underrated game which is a shame considering the amazing features implemented.

Buy Cocaine from one gang at a cheap price, sell it to another at a high price.

universetwisters

You're not really going back to the same place though.

It still doesn't click much with me as much as the III era Liberty City did. If anything, the only decent thing from it seems to be the drug dealing thing, and that's about it.

Drug dealing was enjoyable, but it becomes repetitive and predictable at a certain point.

I never paid the toll, it's much more fun escaping the police.

Game was fun in general, storyline had some interesting twists;

What I can't tolerate is the incessant homosexual talk - I personally find it disgusting, and it's irrelevant to the story.

The Dedito Gae

What I can't tolerate is the incessant homosexual talk - I personally find it disgusting, and it's irrelevant to the story.

Lol,examples?

Can't be worst than TBOGT..

What I can't tolerate is the incessant homosexual talk - I personally find it disgusting.

Oops. You've just made all your opinions automatically invalid. :(

Lol I actually played it when high school, before I even played IV.

The DS version is better in term of gameplay because it's more interactive as you do many things (carjacking, sabotaging, even doing scratch-card) with your stylus. While the PSP version is better in term of graphics and music.

unknown.png

I remember playing briefly on the DS and I enjoyed it, a few years ago I bought the iOS version but I couldn't get into it (Mainly from playing it on my old iPod). I was recently thinking of picking it up, but what version would you guys recommend?

PhillBellic

Who here liked it for the music? I enjoyed listening it. It is one of the best things to be developed for this game. :)

Who here liked it for the music? I enjoyed listening it. It is one of the best things to be developed for this game. :)

Going to a safehouse, getting your drugs, driving around listening to DJ Khalil's beats as you drive through the worst neighbourhoods in LC, trying to make a buck.

• Like 1

Son of Zeus

Nearly everyone I've talked to said CTW is a boring game, so haven't played it...... but if it's really as good as you say then I might give it a shot.

Lethal Vaccine

You're not losing out. For instance, I bought the HD Version for my iPhone 6 and it was only 3 Dollars. You can't go wrong and aren't really losing any money even if you don't like it.

Furthermore, there is some 100% Saves out there for download if you wanted a completed Save File just to mess around with...

I own (and still own) the game on my old ipod touch, i think i got the game around mid 2011 - early 2012, it's isn't bad as people say, in fact their are things i liked about it.

Thought i think the reason for being under rated is because of GTA 3, VC and SA being on mobile.

lastmanonearth

I`m not buying a crappy, overpriced device for one game. Besides, I would have played the crap out of handheld games when I was in grade school, but I can`t stand handheld games now - spoiled by the 60" screen.

matajuegos01

I will play it sometime in the future, I tried to play it through an emulator but it ain't the same I think.

I actually love Huang, he's my second favorite character (first one being Vic.)

Algonquin Assassin

I got it on DS when it came out in 2009 and I have it on my Vita. It's a really good game IMO. I like losing cops in CTW more than the main series titles.

Overall I like the old school GTA feel with some modern touches.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

I love the game, have it on the PSP.

fMNTnvL.png

PhillBellic

Same here, buddy. :)

p.s.what happened to your funky Signature?

Same here, buddy. :)

p.s.what happened to your funky Signature?

Eh, I tried using some sh*tty text and it didn't look good. Gonna put it back. :)

fMNTnvL.png

CTW has the best soundtrack in GTA Series along with IV, VC and SA imo.

It's a great game for the DS, but very different from other GTA titles, and I think lots of GTA players look at how different it is and think "nah, not worth it." And it probably isn't if you don't already have a DS/PSP/Mobile device, but if you do it's great for just zoning out and going on top-down rampages, and the minigames and side-stuff they threw in are probably some of the best in the series.

but what version would you guys recommend?

DS. Chinatown Wars was built for the DS, and if you've played it that way and then try another version, it shows. The mini-games are more fun with the touchscreen, and mobile controls for console games always suck. PS Vita might also be good, but I haven't tried it.

There wasn't that much, was there? I don't even remember any homosexuals in the game, just one crossdresser pretty late in.

Edited by puffy

CTW has the best soundtrack in GTA Series along with IV, VC and SA imo.

Although it was just instrumental, it was still better than some of V's radio stations.

fMNTnvL.png

Brings back way too many memories of GTA advance

PS- I despise GTA advance

Edited by Felzuma

Lethal Vaccine

Started my CTW Playthrough yesterday. REALLY enjoying this game. Currently working on a Starter Save. I did "Yu Jian" and "Pursuit Farce," but I won't do any more Story Missions until everything that I can do early is finished with.

I also did 15 Taxi Fares for a Gold Medal and a BP Taxi. I did 5 Waves of Vigilante, too, for a Gold Medal and Max Armor. Tomorrow, I will do Paramedics for a Gold or Fire Truck for a Gold. Regardless, I got a bunch of stuff to do before continuing with the Story Missions.

I never thought I'd get used to my Phone playing a GTA Game, but I got used to it and absolutely love this Game...