2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Pegasus Reclamation Glitch!

The Cookie Monster

The Cookie Monster

Looks like a recent hot patch may have some bugs, one being an issue where Pegasus will remove you from your own vehicle after it is marked as destroyed, thus likely killing you without time to approximate an emergency landing.

This is on Xbox ONE and has been tested about 6 times in various different missions.

Be warned!

Aw. Got my hopes up and thought you meant a way to get a stolen Pegasus vehicle back from another player. Well, at least remove them from it.

Only happened to me once but it's annoying and the only way to deal with it seems to be leaving the mission (free roam just blow 'em up, ofcourse), not even sure if it worked.

Thanks, I'll be careful flying around then.

• Like 1

The Cookie Monster

Aw. Got my hopes up and thought you meant a way to get a stolen Pegasus vehicle back from another player. Well, at least remove them from it.

Only happened to me once but it's annoying and the only way to deal with it seems to be leaving the mission (free roam just blow 'em up, ofcourse), not even sure if it worked.

In freeroam, just go into Pay&Spray and it'll remove them, in missions, just get very far away, or leave.

• Like 2

In freeroam, just go into Pay&Spray and it'll remove them, in missions, just get very far away, or leave.

Alright, that should help.

I was using my Buzzard in Cleaning the Cat House to pick up the girl, there was only one living teammate left so I went to pick him up and he just yanked me out and flew off without me. Expecting something like this to happen (first time anyone's stolen my vehicle) I had already placed a sticky bomb inside my Buzzard beforehand. But detonating it did nothing. Calling Pegasus was useless so I left the mission.

I'll do what you said and use the mod shop in FR and find out what the exact distance is during a mission. If leaving the mission removed the player from the chopper or if that removed the chopper from the game, I would've loved to seen the look on the guy's face as he plummeted to his death.

• Like 1

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Yea its a new feature....do not ask me why they implemented this garbage though

I just dont get why they did this....i hope its removed in the next patch...just like that double tap feature they once installed that was also anoying like f*ck

This happened to me last night in free roam. I went after one of those red vehicle objectives that are red while in my valkerie. Since I had no gunner i just rammed the helicopter to destroy it and after it blew up I lost all power and a txt stating the vehicle has been reclaimed resulting me me crashing and dying. I also never got the money for destroying the swift helicopter.

This happened to me last night in free roam. I went after one of those red vehicle objectives that are red while in my valkerie. Since I had no gunner i just rammed the helicopter to destroy it and after it blew up I lost all power and a txt stating the vehicle has been reclaimed resulting me me crashing and dying. I also never got the money for destroying the swift helicopter.

you may not have gotten paid if you survived anyway. If it crashes you sometimes don't get paid.

Tails Prower

Yes I discovered this while playing High Priority Case yesterday and was like WTF?

Of course my chopper got destroyed after I had taken off from the construction site and of course I fell out of it

and could not deploy my parachute in time. Mission failed. Thanks Pegasus

• Like 1

They 'fixed' this a while back, AFAIK going into an LSC no longer resets your Pegasus Vehicle. Going to the Xbox store on 360 worked, but doesn't on NG.

Changing sessions works though. Maybe quick job too. But if some idiot steals your Savage or Hydra in a mission you basically have to take it :/ Why R* don't let us have control of our Pegasus access is beyond me.

Anyway, yeah, OP happens to me too. I don't even think R* would consider this a bug, it's probably by design. But doesn't help at 200ft.

• Like 1

Geisterfaust

They 'fixed' this a while back, AFAIK going into an LSC no longer resets your Pegasus Vehicle. Going to the Xbox store on 360 worked, but doesn't on NG.

Changing sessions works though. Maybe quick job too. But if some idiot steals your Savage or Hydra in a mission you basically have to take it :/ Why R* don't let us have control of our Pegasus access is beyond me.

Anyway, yeah, OP happens to me too. I don't even think R* would consider this a bug, it's probably by design. But doesn't help at 200ft.

It's a double edged sword, but sometimes it's hilarious! I love to steal some rooftop sniper's Buzzard while off-radar.

And I can confirm, LSC trick is not working anymore.

Edited by hei3enberg

How hard can it be to put a Pegasus Vehicle Access option in the interaction menu along with the other one?

That'd be sufficient.

Or at least just make it impossible for players to throw you out of it when you're the driver/pilot. Surely this should be the minimum...

Said in a vehicle theft thread as well, I'll probably steer clear of all non-friend/non-crewmember teammates in missions now with my Pegasus vehicles.

And it's all because of that one jack-ass who showed me how things work.

• Like 2