1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAWikia essay

universetwisters

22 hours ago, Shred N Slash said:

who hurt you?

Join the club. Why don't you go back to uploading pics rather than being a wannabe beauracrat.

Edited by gtafaninwest
3 hours ago, gtafaninwest said:

Join the club. Why don't you go back to uploading pics rather than being a wannabe beauracrat.

What are you on about? Could you specify the issue instead of posting nonsense about "bureaucratic nazis" every time some activity happens in this thread? 

Edited by Shred N Slash

We can't win either way, either we allow all the sh*tposting, the wiki becomes completely unreliable, and folks like UT are forced to make threads like this, or we crack down on it and get accused of over-protection. I prefer the latter option, obviously. So, if sh*tposters think of me as a Beauracratic(sic) Nazi(sic), I feel like I'm doing my job well and give myself a big pat on the back.

As far as that other trivia point goes, there's 10,000+ pages of full of old sh*t  "Trivia" to verify/integrate/purge, it ain't happening overnight.

• Like 2

Wow. Seems like whatever regular editors do is considered wrong, and the beauracrats and their riders are always right. An edit doesn't even have to be speculation, but it's reverted anyways. Reminds me of those days on Wikipedia in the former list of gangs sections. All those edit wars.

5 hours ago, gtafaninwest said:

Wow. Seems like whatever regular editors do is considered wrong, and the beauracrats and their riders are always right. An edit doesn't even have to be speculation, but it's reverted anyways. Reminds me of those days on Wikipedia in the former list of gangs sections. All those edit wars.

Wow. Seems like you enjoy emitting white noise. You keep on going on and on about the injustice "regular editors" are facing from bureaucrats without giving any concrete examples. No, an edit doesn't have to be speculation to be reverted. It can also be vandalism, an addition of false information, wiki policy violation and many other things. And remind me, what's a "regular editor", again? The three-edit one-day account that added irrelevant trivia to an article when we're trying to trim trivia and integrate it into articles? Or the person that added fan fiction to an article when we're trying our best to remove any false information that found its way onto the wiki in its fourteen years of existence? And what about the people that have only recently joined the wiki but already have gained a reputation of being trusted editors without ever exchanging words with any "bureaucratic nazis"? Where do they come into the picture? I must admit, brother, you give off the vibe like you've got no clue what you're talking about.  

Edited by Shred N Slash
  • 8 months later...

Oh boy, back here again, huh?

I'll need some backup on something, so I thought I'd crank out the ol reliable thread.

Apparently, some random numbskull mod thinks there is only one person named Vlad on the entire planet and is convinced that when Pavel from the new update mentions an uncle "Vlad", it's gotta be Vlad from GTA IV by default, right?

HGrEqXK.png

Their only evidence? The two vaguest and most random out-of-context lines in existence said by the Russian himself, using the same logic and deduction as the people who said Claude was Claude Speed from GTA 2.

zszr3WU.png

And I wrote an entire essay in the edits too as to how it was a complete stretch. The mod who undid my removal didn't even care to note why he thought otherwise. 

1. Pavel only ever mentions an uncle named "Vlad" in one line. He never mentions the name "Glebov", so mentioning the name "Vlad" could mean the thousands of other people on the planet named as such. In his other line, we don't even know if he's talking about the same uncle. Both lines are said in completely different missions.

2. In the only line actually mentioning this uncle "Vlad", he is described as a kind of fishmonger. Glebov never had anything remotely to do with fish in GTA IV, except for sleeping with them. This line would not make sense if made as a shout out to Glebov.

3. Pavel mentioning his uncle talking about cousins and saying "look where this gets you" is not a reference to Glebov's death, but a blunt joke about southern USA inbreeding since this happens during a mission where we invade the O'Neil Ranch. Why even argue if you don't know the context?

4. Rockstar just.. wouldn't mention the character like this if they really wanted to mention the same Vlad. They'd mention him in a more specific and obvious way, like "My uncle vlad was killed by two cousins" or "My uncle was businessman in Liberty City" or such.

There is literally no concrete evidence, but the mods are stuck on it. And here I thought things were different with this wiki nowadays, huh?

Edited by Curtis
  • Like 3
21 hours ago, Curtis said:

I'll need some backup on something, so I thought I'd crank out the ol reliable thread.

Apparently, some random numbskull mod thinks there is only one person named Vlad on the entire planet and is convinced that when Pavel from the new update mentions an uncle "Vlad", it's gotta be Vlad from GTA IV by default, right?

HGrEqXK.png

Their only evidence? The two vaguest and most random out-of-context lines in existence said by the Russian himself, using the same logic and deduction as the people who said Claude was Claude Speed from GTA 2.

zszr3WU.png

And I wrote an entire essay in the edits too as to how it was a complete stretch. The mod who undid my removal didn't even care to note why he thought otherwise. 

1. Pavel only ever mentions an uncle named "Vlad" in one line. He never mentions the name "Glebov", so mentioning the name "Vlad" could mean the thousands of other people on the planet named as such. In his other line, we don't even know if he's talking about the same uncle. Both lines are said in completely different missions.

2. In the only line actually mentioning this uncle "Vlad", he is described as a kind of fishmonger. Glebov never had anything remotely to do with fish in GTA IV, except for sleeping with them. This line would not make sense if made as a shout out to Glebov.

3. Pavel mentioning his uncle talking about cousins and saying "look where this gets you" is not a reference to Glebov's death, but a blunt joke about southern USA inbreeding since this happens during a mission where we invade the O'Neil Ranch. Why even argue if you don't know the context?

4. Rockstar just.. wouldn't mention the character like this if they really wanted to mention the same Vlad. They'd mention him in a more specific and obvious way, like "My uncle vlad was killed by two cousins" or "My uncle was businessman in Liberty City" or such.

There is literally no concrete evidence, but the mods are stuck on it. And here I thought things were different with this wiki nowadays, huh?

A lot of mods on most fandoms are complete fascists.

On 12/23/2020 at 6:59 PM, Curtis said:

I'll need some backup on something, so I thought I'd crank out the ol reliable thread...

Usually either tagging them here and asking what's up or making an entry on the article's talk page would get you somewhere. @smurfynz was the one who reverted your edit, he might be able to fill you in on why

E. Ooof turns out he did reply, albeit as a warning on your talk page:

The references by Pavel are very clear and unambiguous. He makes numerous "meta" comments in his communications with the player, but these two make a very clear reference to an uncle named "Vlad" who met an unfortunate end at the hand of cousins. We are certainly using that as a cited reference to the known character named Vlad who met his end due to dealings with cousins. Do not remove it again

I agree with Curtis here, even though you can interpret "let cousins be cousins" as Vlad's dealing with the Bellics, I think it's more of a joke about incest because you're dealing with the O'Neals. It might be a cheeky nod to Vlad's fate in IV but otherwise I don't see any proof that this confirms a relation between Pavel and Vlad

Edited by universetwisters

It definitely could be a reference to Vlad from GTA IV if you wanted it to be, but considering how Rockstar usually goes about referencing old characters, this doesn't feel like they actually wanted to reference Vlad. 

Considering the timing/the mission it's said on, I think many more people took it as an incest joke than a way to refer to Vlad and his newlyfound fishmonger backstory. 

1 hour ago, Curtis said:

It definitely could be a reference to Vlad from GTA IV if you wanted it to be, but considering how Rockstar usually goes about referencing old characters, this doesn't feel like they actually wanted to reference Vlad. 

Considering the timing/the mission it's said on, I think many more people took it as an incest joke than a way to refer to Vlad and his newlyfound fishmonger backstory. 

Idk at least he had a chance to eat his words and owned up to it as opposed to the other mod there who was f*ckin defiant about the Kchat artwork being fake

I dont remember who it was tho lol it felt like so long ago

On 4/5/2020 at 10:19 AM, gtafaninwest said:

what club should i join?

Edited by ViceKing

I love how people on these Wikias always say that Liberty City in Grand Theft Auto III isn't based on New York City.

Bruh.

• 1 month later...
universetwisters

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Vercetti_Gang

>Lester mentions the Vercetti gang in V as the crew down south that went down

@smurfynz is there any source for this or is this a wide stretch like how you thought Pavel was Vlad’s cousin? Also I would’ve mentioned this on the page’s talk page but I couldn’t get to it via mobile I’ll do it tomorrow

E. He locked the page. Someone who cites themselves as their source, refuses to address their thought process, and locks the page when things get too much, is this really someone who should be in charge?

Edited by universetwisters
  • 3 weeks later...