Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,156 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

universetwisters

GTAWikia essay

gtafaninwest

The app for GTA Wiki is barely usable anymore. Apart from ads, they made their font huge now.

Monkeypolice188

The app for GTA Wiki is barely usable anymore. Apart from ads, they made their font huge now.

Not our problem, unfortunately. Fandom make the apps and they are f*cking terrible. I wish there was a way to customise the way pages appear on Mobile compared to Desktop because the Mobile site and App are designed by Fandom.

gtafaninwest

Not our problem, unfortunately. Fandom make the apps and they are f*cking terrible. I wish there was a way to customise the way pages appear on Mobile compared to Desktop because the Mobile site and App are designed by Fandom.I wish Grand Theft Wiki would make a comeback and it showed up more in Google search. They were doing good pre-GTA V wise.

Monkeypolice188

Not our problem, unfortunately. Fandom make the apps and they are f*cking terrible. I wish there was a way to customise the way pages appear on Mobile compared to Desktop because the Mobile site and App are designed by Fandom.

I wish Grand Theft Wiki would make a comeback and it showed up more in Google search. They were doing good pre-GTA V wise.

For the one hundredth time, GTWiki used everything GTA Wiki already had at that time, so anything pre-GTA V was reused from GTA Wiki. People make out as if GTWiki has better pre-V stuff than GTA Wiki, but it's the same content - everything from GTA Wiki was moved over to GTWiki when the community split happened.

Derrick_Keno
Posted (edited)

One time I wrote that the Sentinel model in GTA: Vice City Stories was taken from the beta Vice City model (a real fact), but a bot reverted my edit...

Edited by Derrick_Keno

smurfynz

One time I wrote that the Sentinel model in GTA: Vice City Stories was taken from the beta Vice City model (a real fact), but a bot reverted my edit...

I'm not a bot, and the reason it was reverted (twice) was put in the edit summary (twice). It is not trivia.

Carbonox

Anyone up for more silly GTA Wikia statements? I know I am. :D

These are from the trivia tab of the GTA 3 Ghost Town.

• Dezma - Life Is But A Mere Supply, a song on Head Radio from GTA III, gives a clue that the Upstate Tunnels in 2001 could lead to the Ghost Town, as life in Ghost Town must be mere, and she mentions that the streets just turned to stone, which may be the stone texture infront of the tunnel blockings.
  • The Liberty City Bank may be an entrance to Blue Hell, because if the player focuses on the giant blue hell entrance with the sniper through Shoreside Vale, the bank is seen, but if not focusing on blue hell, the edge of gameworld just surrounds the bank area.

That first one... I hope the writer didn't hurt their arm too much with that reach. As far as the second goes, I don't even know what the f*ck they were trying to say, which only makes it funnier tho.

Femme Fatale

Oh yeah, when I first saw that entry about the Dezma song, I just thought to myself "Wut?" :lol:

universetwisters

Goddamn DiehardGTAFan, what's with these stretches? Gonna get rid of these, hopefully they stay ridded of.

universetwisters

Goddamn DiehardGTAFan, what's with these stretches? Gonna get rid of these, hopefully they stay ridded of.

Go to the GTA wiki:

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/User:TheDieHardGTAFan

I don't know why my response to this got deleted, nor why you quoted my post just to link what I linked before. It's redundant and trolley

But ya, that dude is weird. He made some decent edits fixing grammar and other subway related sh*t, but then you look at the sh*t he did with the ghost town and it makes you think "Oh god he's losing his mind". You always gotta be on alert for stuff like this.

DirtCheap

On the GTA V achievements page on the wiki, it states that the achievement ''To Live or Die in Los Santos'' is reference to the movie ''To Live or Die in L.A.'' (this fact is true). However, if you keep reading on, you will see that it also states that the achievement's name is a reference to the GTA IV mission ''To Live or Die in Alderney'' (it's name is a reference to the movie I mentioned above). This makes the supposed GTA IV reference fact really stupid.

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Achievements_and_Trophies_in_GTA_V

(can't post images cause this site keeps telling me that my image's size is not allowed on this site -even when I cropped it many times- and I can't find anywhere on this site where it states the maximum image size)

Monkeypolice188

Nothing wrong with that. The fact that they reused the reference is a reference in itself.

universetwisters

Nothing wrong with that. The fact that they reused the reference is a reference in itself.

But wouldn't it be easier to say that "X and Y are both references to Z" as opposed to saying "X is a reference to Y, which is a reference to Z"?

Monkeypolice188

But wouldn't it be easier to say that "X and Y are both references to Z" as opposed to saying "X is a reference to Y, which is a reference to Z"?

I wouldn't say so, as this is the Achievements in GTA V page, not the Achievements page. It could do with being reworded but not to the point where the subject at hand is confused with another (two different game achievements). It's important that the tone remains direct to the article.

The name of the achievement "To Live or Die in Los Santos", like the mission "To Live and Die in Alderney" in ''GTA IV'', is a reference to the 1985 movie ''To Live and Die in L.A.''.

Reworded.

DirtCheap

Here's another mistake on the GTAWiki page:

On the ''Dogs'' page on the wiki, they state that before the Enhanced Version for GTA V came out, there were only three breeds of dogs in the game. Yet when they show all the seven breeds in the game (they put [EV] on the new breeds from Enhanced Version), only 2 breeds don't have [EV]

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Dogs

Monkeypolice188

On the ''Dogs'' page on the wiki, they state that before the Enhanced Version for GTA V came out, there were only three breeds of dogs in the game. Yet when they show all the seven breeds in the game (they put [EV] on the new breeds from Enhanced Version), only 2 breeds don't have [EV]

Wow, you're an asshole aren't you? Instead of being extremely f*cking picky, how about you click that little button called "Edit" and fix it yourself? You know the wiki isn't run by f*cking robots, we're just normal people like you, and it takes people like you to find them, and we appreciate that, but you really don't have be a dick about it, when you can quite easily fix it yourself. I'm fine with Universetwisters making critisism about information in general, that's absolutely fine, he has a right to, but to pick a tiny, literally 4 character mistake like that and blatantly post it as a "mistake" instead of actually stating the corrected version it should follow, that's just pathetic.

DirtCheap
Posted (edited)

Wow, you're an asshole aren't you? Instead of being extremely f*cking picky, how about you click that little button called "Edit" and fix it yourself? You know the wiki isn't run by f*cking robots, we're just normal people like you, and it takes people like you to find them, and we appreciate that, but you really don't have be a dick about it, when you can quite easily fix it yourself. I'm fine with Universetwisters making critisism about information in general, that's absolutely fine, he has a right to, but to pick a tiny, literally 4 character mistake like that and blatantly post it as a "mistake" instead of actually stating the corrected version it should follow, that's just pathetic.

WTF is your problem? I am just stating the mistakes made on the wiki, not calling them dumb sh*ts and stuff like that. I tried to edit something on the wiki once and ended up getting removed for "trolling". I am not being a dick about anything, you are just being triggered for not realising that the wiki makes mistakes here and there. I am not trying to make the wiki bad, just stating the massive mistakes made there.

Also, there is no reason to call me an asshole for literally stating that the wiki made a mistake. And if you bothered your ass reading this topic, you would realise that people post here that there is also mistakes on the wiki, even if they are just a small wrong detail, and the mistake still remains there.

Stop being a salty drama queen. Why do you care so much about what I comment? Is someone on the wiki related to you or something? If not, then stop acting butthurt.

Edited by DirtCheap

Monkeypolice188

The people here are actually helping out by pointing out mistakes and suggesting how they be fixed. Saying "this is wrong" and not even bothering to say what's right is pointless, as is what you did.

DirtCheap
Posted (edited)

The people here are actually helping out by pointing out mistakes and suggesting how they be fixed. Saying "this is wrong" and not even bothering to say what's right is pointless, as is what you did.

When did I not say what's right?

On the post I posted today, I said there were 2 breeds of dogs in the game pre-PS4/Xbox1 and stated that the fact about there being 3 dog breeds at that time is wrong.

On the post I posted yesterday, I said that the GTA V achievement movie reference fact is right and said that the one about it also being a reference to one of it's

predecessor's missions (which is a reference to the movie) seems redundant and should possibly be removed.

Edited by DirtCheap

universetwisters
Posted (edited)

Everyone here's an idiot. Dirtcheap is for bitching about things that he can very easilly edit and most of the staff on the wiki are for being so stuck in their ways that they don't want any edits to be done (as was the case with Andre and fake artwork being passed as real YES I KNOW THIS WAS 2 YEARS AGO BUT IT STILL LEFT A BAD IMPRESSION OF WIKI STAFF FOR MOST OF US as far as attitude etc goes). Idk about other people here but I usually just come here to bitch about whatever silly misinformation is around. It was a lot worse before, just looking at the first few pages, but now it's gotten kinda better? You can probably get away with editing it as long as the staff don't have a stick up their ass about it like they did with the then-unfounded claims that Anthony Cumia voiced Chef in GTA 5. Even though Rockstar actually got back to me in an email saying that Cumia did voice Chef, the staff's philosophy that if the information is already there, it should be proven wrong in order to be removed, as opposed to most other wikis where information that isn't cited could face removal because, well, no sources. I don't agree with it but whatever, it shouldn't keep you from changing it yourself. If they give you sh*t about it then come here and tell us about it.

Speaking of which, I had to change the Vice City vehicle template because one of the images came straight from VCS instead of VC and nobody noticed for almost three years:

XB5k3R8.png

What the f*ck does that coach really look like something from Vice City? With those ridiculously bright colors and ugly compressed textures? What's worse is that an admin that should've known better put it up, at least until he got disabled or whatever.

Edited by universetwisters

Monkeypolice188

He probably took the image from the page's infobox not realising it was VCS not VC. You'll need to edit the template to fix that one, I was wondering what you was trying to do yesterday lol

universetwisters

Ye, I got it right after 309 or whatever tries

Monkeypolice188

Haha. The template is designed to be something that doesn't really need any changes so it's pretty difficult to reach for any normal editor. That wouldn't be an excuse for it being wrong though, so thanks for that

DirtCheap
Posted (edited)

Everyone here's an idiot. Dirtcheap is for bitching about things that he can very easilly edit and most of the staff on the wiki are for being so stuck in their ways that they don't want any edits to be done (as was the case with Andre and fake artwork being passed as real YES I KNOW THIS WAS 2 YEARS AGO BUT IT STILL LEFT A BAD IMPRESSION OF WIKI STAFF FOR MOST OF US as far as attitude etc goes). Idk about other people here but I usually just come here to bitch about whatever silly misinformation is around. It was a lot worse before, just looking at the first few pages, but now it's gotten kinda better? You can probably get away with editing it as long as the staff don't have a stick up their ass about it like they did with the then-unfounded claims that Anthony Cumia voiced Chef in GTA 5. Even though Rockstar actually got back to me in an email saying that Cumia did voice Chef, the staff's philosophy that if the information is already there, it should be proven wrong in order to be removed, as opposed to most other wikis where information that isn't cited could face removal because, well, no sources. I don't agree with it but whatever, it shouldn't keep you from changing it yourself. If they give you sh*t about it then come here and tell us about it.

Speaking of which, I had to change the Vice City vehicle template because one of the images came straight from VCS instead of VC and nobody noticed for almost three years:

XB5k3R8.png

What the f*ck does that coach really look like something from Vice City? With those ridiculously bright colors and ugly compressed textures? What's worse is that an admin that should've known better put it up, at least until he got disabled or whatever.

To be fair, I was sort of being a bit of a dick for complaining about one typo that could be easily fixed (the dog page, the achievement page is a different story).

However, I am afraid to edit anything on the wiki as once I did remove a fact that was incredibly false about a plane and ended up getting banned for supposedly "trolling", despite me giving evidence and all. In the end, the fact got removed eventually,

So, for future reference, if I find something on the wiki that's false, I'll only post it here if it's a major fact/statement that's big i.e. if the fact/statement is an image or a big paragraph, I'll include it here. However, if it's something as small as a typo, then I'll attempt to fix it. This way, I won't look picky and no one will become salty and butthurt about it.

Edited by DirtCheap

Monkeypolice188

When was you banned, who banned you and what was your user name? I'll look into this.

DirtCheap

When was you banned, who banned you and what was your user name? I'll look into this.

This happened 2 years ago and I can't honestly remember my name cause I put a series of numbers and I can't remember the numbers right now.

Also, the email I used to register at the time has long been deleted due to incessant spam.

Monkeypolice188

I saw you created a new account in the meantime. Was the name similar to that? I seem to recognize your username

DirtCheap

I saw you created a new account in the meantime. Was the name similar to that? I seem to recognize your username

Nah, just randomly typed a few letters on the keyboard and altered the name in a way to make it look somewhat normal rather than just a jumble of letters.

Hot Pursuit
Posted (edited)

"This mission originally had the Forelli mobster escape by car, which would lead Carl into a car chase around Portland. The mission was changed to a basic shootout early in development. This is the reason why the majority of Portland is only partially developed with poor textures, but to a greater extent than would be required solely for the mission. It is believed that it was removed due to the DVD not being able to hold that much data."

Source?

Edited by Hot Pursuit