2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Hydra Question

AboveAndBeyoncé

AboveAndBeyoncé

Can someone explain to me how to dodge those lock on missiles in a hydra? it's very difficult for me, maybe it's because the hydra is heavier?

hydra has worse acceleration than the besra and lazer. it can go fast just takes it a while in my experience. it does also feel bulkier

BondageKitty

It is faster than the Laser but heavier so it is slower to reach top speed and to turn. My trick for dodging missiles is still the same as lazer, has been working. Loop inside while also holding RB/R1 or LB/L1

yCNdzif.gif1029527.pngsYr3sqP.gif

Wildfire_08

Can someone explain to me how to dodge those lock on missiles in a hydra? it's very difficult for me, maybe it's because the hydra is heavier?

Best thing I do is try break the lock as soon as I hear them in the target acquisition phase.

So when I hear the first beep, I just nose dive so that my jet is flying between the buildings in the streets almost touching the street to avoid them locking on, I then continue to fly like this while looking at the expanded mini-map to figure out which little sh*t is trying to lock on.

Once I figure it out, I will either fly at street level until I can get near them & pop up for the kill, or go off-radar and do a similar thing but by using a skyscraper to hide myself while I gain altitude for a nose dive kill.

Hydra is plenty fast to avoid a homing missile already locked on though, just do what they all do in BF... Fly up & to the left slightly in a sort of spiraling motion, it'll rarely hit then

Or the best solution most times is

Go passive, & come back out of passive while you're in a nose dive to kill them lol.

Edited by Wildfire_08
  • Like 1

So everyone here owns a hydra?

I own everything, but that's not the point. Avoiding missiles are easy af, just do some barrel rolls and add a little bit of this and a bit of that and you should escape that situation unscathed.

Wildfire_08

I own everything, but that's not the point. Avoiding missiles are easy af, just do some barrel rolls and add a little bit of this and a bit of that and you should escape that situation unscathed.

A barrel role will never lose a homing missile genius.

I assume you're talking about a loop.

Edited by Wildfire_08

Yep, couldn't think of what it was called at the moment but yea doing a loop and some barrel rolls too should help u. Or u could just fly erratically as well.

Furry_Monkey

Practise, like anything else. What console are you on?

BondageKitty

They could be talking about an actual Barrel Roll and not an Aileron Roll. A Barrel Roll could break homing but not very likely.
  • Like 2

Smooth Longsack

The best way is to do a sideways loop diddy loop. The hydra loses alot of speed in a climb... so don't climb during evasive maneuvers. If you hear the missile hissing and catching up, start a slight/ very slight decent to maintain or gain speed in you sideways loop. Works like a charm. Also, be clever.

Edited by Smooth Longsack

Wildfire_08

They could be talking about an actual Barrel Roll and not an Aileron Roll. A Barrel Roll could break homing but not very likely.

Except in GTA, barrel rolls are not barrel rolls, and Aileron rolls are not Aileron rolls, they're all just called a barrel roll because the planes are able to roll over but without the lateral movement or a barrel/aileron, if that makes sense.

If anything they should just be called rotisserie rolls, Lol

Furry_Monkey

Except in GTA, barrel rolls are not barrel rolls, and Aileron rolls are not Aileron rolls, they're all just called a barrel roll because the planes are able to roll over but without the lateral movement or a barrel/aileron, if that makes sense.

If anything they should just be called rotisserie rolls, Lol

But you can do both. A combination of pulling back and pulling to the side will do a reasonable approximation of a barrel roll - certainly enough to call it one. (Obviously we can do aileron rolls. It's the first thing everyone does the first time they steal a Lazer :p )

• Like 2

Who cares what you call it damn.

Fly in any unnatural direction. Hear the lock on? Do a backards flip upside down sideways sky drift behind a building and under a bridge.

Any thing but flying in a straight smooth line.

Wildfire_08

But you can do both. A combination of pulling back and pulling to the side will do a reasonable approximation of a barrel roll - certainly enough to call it one. (Obviously we can do aileron rolls. It's the first thing everyone does the first time they steal a Lazer :p )

Isn't that an Immelman?

And god damn it, I was hoping rotisserie roll would catch on!

• Like 1

BondageKitty

Oh cool, Aileron Rolls actually work in GTA. Realistically the missile should be homing on the thruster, not the right wing. Does it work with the Hydra though? Edited by BondageKitty

Who cares what you call it damn.

Fly in any unnatural direction. Hear the lock on? Do a backards flip upside down sideways sky drift behind a building and under a bridge.

Any thing but flying in a straight smooth line.

Thank you, this is basically what I was trying to tell OP.

Furry_Monkey

Isn't that an Immelman?

Lol - sorry. You are correct, of course. That was a Rotisserie Roll that I was thinking of :p

I didn't think I knew the Immelman Turn before now, but a quick Google shows that I just didn't know the name. It's equivalent to a handbrake turn, but I doubt we could do that in GTA.

Also, from watching the video that @miaumiau1 posted, I'd say that we are in fact doing barrel rolls when we think we're doing aileron rolls and that's why the rockets don't catch up. If it was an aileron roll then the center of the jet wouldn't be moving - just spinning - so the rockets wouldn't have to constantly correct their course.

So I take it back. We can't do aileron rolls.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

Wildfire_08

Still not a Barrel role then... ;)

Wildfire_08

Isn't that an Immelman?

Lol - sorry. You are correct, of course. That was a Rotisserie Roll that I was thinking of :p

I didn't think I knew the Immelman Turn before now, but a quick Google shows that I just didn't know the name. It's equivalent to a handbrake turn, but I doubt we could do that in GTA.

Also, from watching the video that @miaumiau1 posted, I'd say that we are in fact doing barrel rolls when we think we're doing aileron rolls and that's why the rockets don't catch up. If it was an aileron roll then the center of the jet wouldn't be moving - just spinning - so the rockets wouldn't have to constantly correct their course.

So I take it back. We can't do aileron rolls.

No you were right with it not being a barrel roll, it's an aileron roll, so all the video shows is that an aileron roll can loss missile, but as far as im aware, true barrel rolls cannot be done in GTA, hence they cannot lose lock on missile in GTA because they don't exist!

And from now on, Immelmans will be known as flying handbrake turns.

I can tell no one here knows how to fly.

In real life, not yet.

In game, you can find out the hard way if you want bruhhhh!

Edited by Wildfire_08

Is -almost- the closest to a tight barrel roll you can perform in gta, to me is closer to a barrel roll than to an aileron roll, look at the center of the plane, it performs circles.

Anyway I'm not interested in technical names (because none of them is 100% accurate), just letting you know you was wrong, it can be done.

Wildfire_08

Is -almost- the closest to a tight barrel roll you can perform in gta, to me is closer to a barrel roll than to an aileron roll, look at the center of the plane, it performs circles.

Anyway I'm not interested in technical names (because none of them is 100% accurate), just letting you know you was wrong, it can be done.

aileron%20roll%20v%20barrel%20roll.jpg

Try again.

Edited by Wildfire_08
  • Like 2

aileron%20roll%20v%20barrel%20roll.jpg

Try again.

Capture69.jpg

Try harder... look at the yellow line please

• Like 1