2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

No warning when locked on?

AH-6 _BirdTurd

AH-6 _BirdTurd

I was just flying my Savage around and got shot down twice with no audible warnings whatsoever. Has anyone had this issue?

Maybe...i some guy rocket launched me while i was driving...didn't hear a warning so i just assumed it was the regular rocket launcher, but i was pretty far away and driving fast so he must've had great aim or it was the homing missile

CaptainMental

Didnt you hear anything? Its usually quite easy to fool pilots with the homing rocket by locking on, firing and then quickly switch weapon on the weapon wheel. The sound will go quiet when the firing player switches weapon thus fooling the pilot to think that the rocket never locked on and never was fired. At least it was like that before the update, now I dont know.

It happens all the time with homing missile launchers. Sometimes i will beat twice and thats it( I would wait to see if the beat speeds up to indicate how close the missile is to hit me..) Or sometimes it wont beat at all. Thats why I always just go into passive modes

AH-6 _BirdTurd

Maybe it was RPG thus no lock on sound.

Definitely not lol.

Didnt you hear anything? Its usually quite easy to fool pilots with the homing rocket by locking on, firing and then quickly switch weapon on the weapon wheel. The sound will go quiet when the firing player switches weapon thus fooling the pilot to think that the rocket never locked on and never was fired. At least it was like that before the update, now I dont know.

Nothing at all. Just flying along, then boom. Edited by AH-6 _BirdTurd

While you were in your helicopter did you have the music/radio playing at all? I remember on the prison break heist when you had to dodge the lasers that were sent after you I couldn't really hear the lock on noise either until I put the music all the way to 0 (to stop the radio and the instrumental music from playing).

AH-6 _BirdTurd

While you were in your helicopter did you have the music/radio playing at all? I remember on the prison break heist when you had to dodge the lasers that were sent after you I couldn't really hear the lock on noise either until I put the music all the way to 0 (to stop the radio and the instrumental music from playing).

Well my radio volume is up in the settings, but, I had no music playing. I hopped in my buds Valkyrie and only heard the missile once it was right behind us.

askinnywhitedildo

The homing launcher is f*cked.

Happens to me all the time. Little sh*ts fire them and you'll evade, then they'll fire more and they won't make a noise and they'll be invisible. Pretty f*cking annoying.

Yet R* won't fix that problem. They'll fix a problem with wearing a mask and helmet at the same time, but not that sh*t.

AH-6 _BirdTurd

The homing launcher is f*cked.

Happens to me all the time. Little sh*ts fire them and you'll evade, then they'll fire more and they won't make a noise and they'll be invisible. Pretty f*cking annoying.

Yet R* won't fix that problem. They'll fix a problem with wearing a mask and helmet at the same time, but not that sh*t.

Yeah I honestly hate the homing launcher. It requires zero skill, any rank can buy it and its damn near impossible to evade in anything other than a fighter jet. I wish thry would at least give us flares with 15 to 20 second cool downs in between each flare deployment.

I think what they should almost do is nerf it, or if they don't at least make a level requirement or make the rounds a lot more expensive. Right now they are 1500 for two, maybe they should start to making it like 10000 for two - if getting the homing rockets cost quite a bit, then they will not be as worth it. I myself rarely use the homing launcher, I really only use it to defend myself against those laser/hydra people that keep trying to kill me.

Homing launcher doesn't make a sound until its too late. This guy explains some ways to avoid it.

• Like 1

CrysisAverted

It needs to be nerfed for sure, it automagically kills the biggest threat around

1SLyks1.gif

• Like 2

AH-6 _BirdTurd

Homing launcher doesn't make a sound until its too late. This guy explains some ways to avoid it.

Great tips there.

They should really allow us to buy our own helipads/hangers and the ability to customize our aircraft. Flares on aircraft, weapons on aircraft that normally didn't have weapons, paintjobs, rotor colors, plane interiors, armour, etc..

The flares could be used to protect your aircraft at further distances and it'll still give the player on foot time to get away and reposition himself from the aircraft.

• Like 1

I serious hate this, as I myself fly a Savage for protecting the city. It's like it warns you beforehand, however it doesn't make the sound that it's tailing you. Like today I rode my Savage and heard a beeping sound. I ignored it as it went away, yet a moment later Boom! Dead. I wish they sort of nerf the homing launcher a tiny bit as it can curve its way to find the aircraft its locked on to.

I was the heli pilot in Humane Heist. When we're leaving and tried to kill the last Buzzard, I was kinda close to the enemy.

Usually we will get the signal when we're being locked on, but for that time, it didn't. Buzzard spat missile and we're done for.

Also, it seems every mission that has enemy flying a Buzzard will constantly shoot rockets too.

Einsteinbomb

The price per homing missile should be increased to $5,000.00 per missile.