2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Magic_Al

[Ned Luke PSA video] Michael opens unusually safety-conscious Ammu*Nat

Son of Zeus

^ Nuclear explosives......

Somebody just went full retard. Never go full retard.

Just a bunch of links to websites made by people with massive confirmation BIAS and not looking at a story from both sides.

The difference between me and you.....and the difference between intelligent people and dumb nuts.....and the difference between proper Science and Pseudoscience is that we look at all the options and rule out each bit of evidence using LOGIC until we reach a theory that fits perfectly with all the evidence. This difference between me and you is that I've looked at all the conspiracy videos and evidence out there but then to come up with a balanced opinion I've also looked at all the evidence debunking these crazy claims. And it soon became apparent wich ones were the truth.

Please also tell me how many people you think it took to execute this wacko plan of yours? 10,20,30,40,100,1000,10000? Or was it one special agent?

"My arguement was taken apart point by point, so let me resort to petty insults".

Had a feeling you were a troll earlier, just got confirmed. Might consider reporting.

So where's the official evidence about 9/11? Why doesn't FBI release tapes they confiscated? Why was Bush in Florida for an extended time that day? So many questions still unanswered.

Did you read about the WTC planners? How they tested the building? Apparently not, judging from your retort.

Next time, try to come up with better rebuttals.

I'll give you one bit of evidence that people should read to prove that you are a full of crap.

This Steven Jones you claimed was one of the PLANNERS(whatever that means) of the world trade centre has absolutely nothing to do with the WTC.

He is a rouge old Physics lecturer that was quickly forced to retire from his position after coming up with a paper that was NEVER PEER REVIEWED and was rapidly disputed by the whole Engineering community. He is a NUT with a hidden a gender.

And the reason I haven't picked apart all your long list of crazy claims is because I haven't got the time, I'm just on my way to watch a rugby game. But I think that one debunk I just gave you is a pretty huge dent in your main argument.

And just to let you know.....The Peer Review system is the foundations of proper science. His paper on this is worth sh*t without being peer reviewed....it's just another CRAZY claim

Source?

Even if this is true, it doesn't dent my argument.

Frank deMartini's statements are enough to put your argument to rest. Read that again. Read about Operation Northwoods again.

Oh, you don't have time. How convenient.

LeakyLine

Wow...for the past few days, i've seen this thread in the list, but never checked it. Today I decided to. And...it hit me hard. I'm a 16 year old from the east coast who thinks about owning a gun for protection...but now...i'm not really so sure. How far does 'protection' really go?

Yu Jian

Wow...for the past few days, i've seen this thread in the list, but never checked it. Today I decided to. And...it hit me hard. I'm a 16 year old from the east coast who thinks about owning a gun for protection...but now...i'm not really so sure. How far does 'protection' really go?

Enjoy owning a gun. Feel safe. You aren't going to randomly start shooting people lol so I don't see how you're doing anything wrong by protecting yourself.

fwenshy

Enjoy owning a gun. Feel safe. You aren't going to randomly start shooting people lol so I don't see how you're doing anything wrong by protecting yourself.

Completely ignore the gun nuts. The best advice than can be given is research for yourself and make an informed decision based upon the real facts. Be Skeptical and you will find the correct path naturally.

Yu Jian

Completely ignore the gun nuts. The best advice than can be given is research for yourself and make an informed decision based upon the real facts. Be Skeptical and you will find the correct path naturally.

I'm not a damn gun nut dude, f*ck. I don't get you, or the anti-gun agenda you have. I want people to have background checks...how am I a damn gun nut?

jimmies: maximum rustling

W1ddL3

I did say that I "didn't buy it" but in my opinion, yes, that based on their implausable behaviour that they probably are actors and if not they must be just stupid.

*snip

They've obviously carefully selected the few people that actually changed their minds. I'm sure many went in there and said "whatever, just give me the gun".

They're clearly not actors though.

I never said they were good actors, but how can you be so sure?

Thanks to GTA V, I think Ned Luke is a cool guy, but clearly he must have a dog in this fight and I don't buy the argument that he is just an actor and it's not his opinions. Actors typically choose their roles to some extent (unless he's really hard up at the moment) and I don't think most get involved in these kind of overly-sentimental claptrap ads unless they agree with the message. They are not major projects like Film or TV and they have strong, not at all subtle political messages so I just don't believe that ads like this are "just a job".

I don't want to wade into the whole gun control debate, but I believe you are incorrect about actors and roles they play.

Most actors, not your celebrity types, but real actors have other job(s) on the side. Acting isn't a stable profession, so unless your in a Theatre Company or television show, the work is hit or miss. Even though Mr. Luke has been on several TV shows in the past, it wasn't a reoccurring role. Now I haven't glanced at his IMDB profile, but I'd guess that it would be smaller projects like this one. Even though he was in the largest video game ever, it was more akin to a voice acting role. So I'd be willing to guess that he did't get paid the same as a movie actor in a big film. As example the falling out between R* and Niko's voice actor about money. I'm guessing that Mr. Luke was probably in need of the cash and jumped at the first opportunity.

Having said that I do find it hilarious that the murdering bank robbing character played in V is doing anti-gun PSA's.

Perhaps you're right. I know he's not exactly a big time actor and acknowledged that maybe he needed the money but I still would have thought that these kind of heavy political videos / adverts would put off even the most professional actors if they didn't agree with the message.

Snip

there's a word for that: "half sttepers"

Maybe they left the reactions they were aiming for in the video, i bet there were some that just bought the gun anyways and some that maybe recognized Ned.

Or could be all acting, who knows?

Wasn't familiar with that term. I'd have settled for "half-wits" but okay.

Of course, it's obvious that the makers of video specifically chose to show the customers who had apparently changed their minds at the end. As I said earlier, I'd love to see outtakes of the guys who tried to buy the guns anyway.

Edited by Waldie

fwenshy

I'm not a damn gun nut dude, f*ck. I don't get you, or the anti-gun agenda you have. I want people to have background checks...how am I a damn gun nut?

jimmies: maximum rustling

Advising a 16 yr old to get a gun when you have no idea about his situation just because it's your constitutional right. =gun nut

Yu Jian

LOL...I didn't think he meant now. Hell, he can shoot a gun, go down to a range, or get into guns. I'm not going to assume he's going to buy a Glock with the serial number scratched off it from his friend Tyrone.

Oh, also, I don't care if the guy lives in Detroit's 8 Mile or a gated white community...protection is protection.

fwenshy

I don't even sleep with a knife or bat next to me let alone a gun.

Andreas

I have no idea how in the hell this turned into a 9/11 discussion but seriously, let it go already. This is not the point of this thread. Head over to Debates & Discussion for these kinds of debates. You can talk about the video and gun safety and everything that revolves around it, as long as you keep it civil and on topic. Seeing as how things went so far, this is the first and possibly the final warning.

Edited by Andreas

Dupi

damn none of them recognized ned :(

JStarr31

I own and keep a loaded Walther PPS 9mm on my night stand as we speak.... I'm not a gun nut, nor do I condone senseless or even sometimes sensible violence, and NOR am I saying accidents don't happen, but for the most part, gun safety starts with the owner. In all 3 cases mentioned by Ned Luke so many question/solutions could having been asked/applied to prevent such tragedy:

Why do you have a loaded pistol in your purse, safety off, instead of properly concealed on your person?

Why is your firearm within accessibility range of a 3-foot child? A 3 FOOT CHILD!!??!??

And the Sandy Hook gun raises more than one question like:

Why in the f*ck do you keep your assault rifle COLLECTIBLE loaded?

Or

Why the f*ck do you have a REAL assault rifle as a collectible instead of a non-functioning REPLICA?

Especially if you have children that's not a gun for protection, that's a gun for WAR! Besides, you can easily rent that gun a a range if you really wanted to shoot it.

That's just the tip of the iceberg with these people, things like that is on the owner... Of course sh*t goes wrong when your careless and accidents CAN happen, but if you apply extra care into gun safety these things can be totally avoided. As for me, I live in Miami and people get their homes invaded left and right out here and that's without mentioning the cop killing inks and murders... Miami is like a third world country at times and I'm not going to be a victim, but I'm damn sure not going to be the aggressor either.

As a gun owner, I honestly don't leave my house with my firearm as I know that just asking for it... That saying about having a gun brings more guns is true, especially in Miami.... But owning a gun and having accidents happen is all on the owner, don't listen to this babel

/rant

EDIT: Just seen Andreas' warning, I hope this post counts as civil, if not, apologies in advance....

Edited by JStarr31

JStarr31

LOL...I didn't think he meant now. Hell, he can shoot a gun, go down to a range, or get into guns. I'm not going to assume he's going to buy a Glock with the serial number scratched off it from his friend Tyrone.

Oh, also, I don't care if the guy lives in Detroit's 8 Mile or a gated white community...protection is protection.

Really? Tyrone.... Because a Chandler or a Rex wouldn't be into illegal activity? Nope, just Tyrone and dem... The fact you said 8 mile leads me to believe you get your info from TV.... Stereotyping has you know what kind of undertones....

"I'm not going to assume he's going to buy nun-chucks with the dragon scratched off it from his friend Yu Jian...."

See... Not cool...

But yeah, advising a 16yo of any background or situation is pretty dumb and plays into my above post about it being the faults of the gun owners and not the guns themselves.... Irony.

EDIT: NVM, he himself is 17yo... He knows not of what he speaks folks....

Edited by JStarr31

Yu Jian

Sorry man. I didn't mean to be racist. I live in an area with a lot of black crime and meant no harm. I shouldn't have used names. Don't tell the world I'm 17. I have it on my profile if people want to know. I'm not Asian, either, the Yu Jian thing is a CTW reference.

MY TEXT IS BIG GUYS THAT MEANS MY POST HOLDS MORE AUTHORITY

theNGclan

Why do you have a loaded pistol in your purse, safety off, instead of properly concealed on your person?

Why is your firearm within accessibility range of a 3-foot child? A 3 FOOT CHILD!!??!??

It's more effecieint to have the safety off so you can fire without being distracted beyond pulling the weapon out.

If your child is going to shoot someone with a gun, then you failed as a parent by not teaching them that guns can harm people.

Why the f*ck do you have a REAL assault rifle as a collectible instead of a non-functioning REPLICA?

Especially if you have children that's not a gun for protection, that's a gun for WAR! Besides, you can easily rent that gun a a range if you really wanted to shoot it.

Because, I don't know, the second amendment permits you to own an assault rifle? Or perhaps, juuuust maybe, someone may want to own an assault rifle?

ARs can be shot in most outdoor firing ranges, sure, but you are aware that ARs are pretty expensive to rent, right? I prefer to buy guns as private sales at gun shows so I can just pay for the gun once and only have to pay for ammunition and the shooting fee when need be.

By the logic you're presenting, we shouldn't shoot guns in general because they can kill. It does not do any harm if you shoot something that is inanimate.

DeadZombie

This is a ad of prevention of gun violence. All these cases involve guns being distributed to the wrong people and children getting hold of handguns.

Not ad about gun prevention. It's for gun awareness

Intergalactic Pimp

The extremeists on both sides of the argument are nuts. Look, I'm pretty much as liberal as they get, but don't take my few guns from me. The chances of some wacko coming into my house are slim, but if it were to happen, you better believe I'm going to protect my wife and kid from said wacko.

That said, safety is paramount. From being inaccessible from my kids and intruders to teaching gun safety to all memebers in the house.

Additionally, going to the range and shooting is tons of fun.

CarlitoDorito

I guess if a psychological evaluation came with every purchase of a gun, then maybe the nutjobs wouldn't get their hands on one and decide to climb a clock tower with it.

Also, the guy doing an anti gun message isn't hypocritical in the slightest. Him playing a guy who shoots people for fun doesn't make him one, it's like saying Steve Ogg is a hypocrite if he says cannibalism is bad. GTA forums political debates :p

universetwisters

Forget guns, I'd be concerned if I had a child with three feet to begin with.

theNGclan

Forget guns, I'd be concerned if I had a child with three feet to begin with.

You could shoot the foot off.

see guise guns are useful

please don't hurt me

phillipshead

Ned Luke posted this comment on Facebook 21 hours ago:

Had it been a bash gun owners spot I likely would not have done it. I also must say that it is difficult to blame a 2yr old, or a five year old when they are the person holding the "tool." This spot doesn't attack the right to bear arms; I think this spot merely asks if you are ready to bear the weight of the responsibility gun ownership entails. It's a heavy load to carry when, God forbid, something goes wrong.

Whether you agree with his view or not, these are the words of a thoughtful man, who thinks before doing. It's true the message does not literally attack responsible gun ownership. It uses emotional anecdotes to make people stop to consider situations where people who owned guns failed to maintain control of them and became part of a tragedy. A similar experiment could be done with people who walk in wanting to try anything that's dangerous without caution and diligence. Not everybody is cut out for responsibility and it's not infringing anybody's rights to say so. The right to bear arms is also a right to personally choose not to. The message is not that the government should decide if you have a gun, it's that you should decide — think about — if you should have a gun. The experience people have in the video is one-sided, but just a few minutes of their entire life experience that will shape their decisions over time.

Unfortunately, the politics of guns in the U.S. are such that any "negative" portrayal of guns is offensive to a passionate group who feel that the political popularity of the right to bear arms is threatened by messages that might dissuade people from becoming gun owners themselves. Ned Luke is from the Midwestern U.S., and has been around, and I assume he is politically aware and knew very well he was involving himself in something polarizing.

Whatever one's political views, I think it's stupid to let one disagreement ruin everything. Charlton Heston was a great movie star and later became the face of one side of a very divisive issue and of a very controversial organization. Some people who disagree with his politics are still fans of his movies and his talent and his great voice. But some people can't like anything about a person they disagree with, which I think is a sad way to go through life. Surrounding oneself with only people who believe the same things is intellectual incest and produces similar quality output to regular incest, I say.

Ned Luke, more than any main actor in the GTA series I'm aware of, has been very engaged with fans online and actually plays the game. That's fun for him and fun for fans and I'd hate to see it become not fun because of a few haters who can't tolerate a difference of opinion.

Both excellent and well thought out points. Thanks.

JStarr31

It's more effecieint to have the safety off so you can fire without being distracted beyond pulling the weapon out.

If your child is going to shoot someone with a gun, then you failed as a parent by not teaching them that guns can harm people.

Because, I don't know, the second amendment permits you to own an assault rifle? Or perhaps, juuuust maybe, someone may want to own an assault rifle?

ARs can be shot in most outdoor firing ranges, sure, but you are aware that ARs are pretty expensive to rent, right? I prefer to buy guns as private sales at gun shows so I can just pay for the gun once and only have to pay for ammunition and the shooting fee when need be.

By the logic you're presenting, we shouldn't shoot guns in general because they can kill. It does not do any harm if you shoot something that is inanimate.

here we go with this guy that twists words.... That's not my logic.... Point out where I said don't shoot guns because they kill... I own a pistol (Walther PPS 9mm) and it's loaded, next to me and ready to go... f*ck are you talking about... Go fake some DLC for attention because girls don't like you... Don't try and belittle what I said with your manipulation, i LITERALLY said none of that....READ for f*cks sake

Like I said, if you want to own an AR, by all means, own one.... But when some sh*t goes wrong don't be mad when you're the one with kids and a LOADED AR... Why is it loaded in your home? That's not a home protection gun and the woman stated she had it as a collectible.... Why wasn't the gun and clip not locked away separately, if it's only for the range? If it's for home protection, your home better be a small fort with all the towns gold under your watch, otherwise, not very smart....

If an intruder came in your house 3 a.m., you're dead-asleep, and it's pitch dark in your house.... you won't be coherent enough to fire that weapon. You'll pull the trigger (most likely miss) and go deaf instantly since you've been asleep for a while.... Since its been dark for god knows how long, that muzzle flash is going to also blind you. And now you're blind and deaf shooting an AR wildly in your home (not everyone is a navy seal) hopefully trying to kill a strobe light shadow figure that you can't see or hear whilst hopefully not accidentally shooting occupants/neighbors(apartment) or redecorating your own home with bullets.... Not very efficient sounding, not to mention you're most likely nervous and scared as hell....

Own an AR, IDGAF, but if you don't properly lock it away it's the owner's fault, that was my point. And having an AR for home safety is a little excessive... Don't you think? If not, me and you live in 2 different worlds. A 9mm or shotguns will lay them down just as smooth...

On to the other things.... Now I'm pretty sure if you pull a gun on a non-firearm carrying threat, they would be reluctant to make any wrong move... The way you speak, it sounds like you assume the threat knows its on safety. If I walked up to you a point a gun at you, you're most likely 3 things: scared, think the gun is loaded, and think it's off safety. Now you're supposed to warn the threat you will shoot if they make any moves that question your safety which is time you take to remove the safety.... Now I'm going by "what if one was out and about...", I more so condone the "no safety" when you're at home... But still her fault

And I agree, if your child is going to shoot someone with a gun, then you failed as a parent by not teaching them that guns can harm people

Edited by JStarr31

Rockstar Vienna

Lol, i don't know why any citizen should own a f*cking assault rifle, a weapon made for freakin' war!!

Ned is a great guy!

Idk... this whole debate made me think of this guy:

JohnWeazel

I had to call you out on this one, sorry. But it's never smart to store your firearm somewhere with the safety off. That's just asking for bad things to happen.

It's really not all that distracting to flip a small safety switch after pulling it out. Anyone who is even slightly familiar with their weapon will have no problem with that whatsoever.

Ixnay

Acting. Good point. It's possible. Like those commercials where "people on the street" are stopped and asked to try something and immediately fall in love with it.

But I also think it's possible that when you hit someone in the face with something, some people may - may - see something in a different light.

Then again, unless people are directly involved, I doubt that shootings affect them that much. We hear about them, say "Oh, that's horrible" and then go on with our lives.

"You wanna buy this role of duct tape? You know, a guy was just murdered, his hands and feet bound, from this very roll of duct tape! And don't even get me started on that rope!"

lolleroz

Lol, i don't know why any citizen should own a f*cking assault rifle, a weapon made for freakin' war!!

AR-15s are not assault rifles. Assault rifles are select-fire firearms. The only way you can get your hands on an assault rifle that you can privately own (not for other purposes) is if you spend about.....10-20 thousand dollars, because of the 1986 assault weapons ban that targets all the select-fire guns made in 1986 or earlier. Also if it's 'made for freaking war' please DO elaborate why nowadays 80% of police officers have standard issue AR-15 in their cars? That's the whole point of 2nd amendment, citizens are meant to have same kind of firepower as at LEAST law enforcement, in case the goverment ever goes rogue against its citizens....which it is kinda doing with anti-gun agenda, and ATF making their own illegal laws. Not to mention that with proper ammo (overpenetration is an issue since most US houses are made of cheap materials) and training you would be able to fend off MULTIPLE attackers in say, home defense situation, with an AR-15, unlike a pistol. Most of pistol shootouts have average accuracy of 17%, rifles about 40%, it is also alot quicker to align iron sights on a rifle, and to anyone saying a shotgun is good for home protection is a retard - please, try shooting one in doors without ear protection, see what happens. Not to mention most of shotguns in use are pump-action, thus unusable by one hand, and short-cocking is something that very often happens with inexperienced shooters.

Otter

This is not the place for 9/11 conspiracies. Head over to the D&D section if you wish to discuss politics/melting points of steel/etc. Thanks guys.

Vendetta ™

How does participating in this make him a hypocrite? As many others have said, it's just playing a damn role.

Though, the Anti-Gun pushing in this thread is beyond annoying, people are always trying to tell everyone else what they shouldn't have, it's not everyone else's fault some f*cking moron used a gun to kill somebody, guns don't have free will, on the other hand, people DO, it's like saying cars should be banned because there's a possibility of an accident/collision.

I also find it hilarious that so many people sh*t on America here, but when someone dares to say something about another country, it's racist.

f*cking double-standards, lovely.

Edited by Klicksend

Von_Von

Thats right Ned, if you wanna do crazy stuff, play GTA... Not a gun. Great add.

Mr_Leone

The anti-gun argument in a nutshell:

yBlqen0.png