2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Magic_Al

[Ned Luke PSA video] Michael opens unusually safety-conscious Ammu*Nat

King Vercetti

I am an American and I for one wish guns were outlawed completely. I don't give a f*ck if criminals have them or not, I have never needed a gun in my life and I don't see why I would ever need to. As far as the government being armed, good God. This isn't 200 years ago. There isn't going to be a situation in which the government turns on it's citizens in this lifetime. Thinking it could happen is just ignorant. I wish I lived in the UK. I hate this country sometimes.

Trevorphilipjfry

"yeah, good gun, 22. Calibre, 8 rounds. Survived it's last owner, this was the gun used in the gang land shooting, where 9 nuns were killed"

(typical GTA player) f*cking perfect

russianpolice

So you're basically calling Ned Luke a puppet? He's an actor yes and he gets paid. He says whatever the hell people tell him just so he could get paid lol.

CheckOutMyMixtape666

The f*ck was this stupid sh*t? "Well, an irresponsible mother left her loaded gun in a purse and a kid took it out and shot it. You sure you want to shoot someone willing to kill you in an alley with the blood of massacre victims on your hands?"

I am an American and I for one wish guns were outlawed completely. I don't give a f*ck if criminals have them or not, I have never needed a gun in my life and I don't see why I would ever need to. As far as the government being armed, good God. This isn't 200 years ago. There isn't going to be a situation in which the government turns on it's citizens in this lifetime. Thinking it could happen is just ignorant. I wish I lived in the UK. I hate this country sometimes.

Then leave. Nobody is stopping you. Let's hope some stupid thug doesn't break in your house at night with a loaded gun in an attempt to kill you over your flat screen TV. It's not about the damn government. It's about our rights as an American citizen. Free speech, freedom of religion, the right to arm ourselves from foreign and domestic enemies; they are rights. If I want to purchase a rifle to go hunting and kill my own food, then I should. If I want to buy a hand gun to protect myself from stupid ass goons who would kill for your vehicle, money, possessions, etc, then I should have the right to put a piece of lead in their pathetic ass. Don't lump me with some outcast in high school who shot up his high school because he couldn't get laid. Edited by CheckOutMyMixtape666

Yu Jian

Background checks are common sense and automatically prevent crime. Abolishing guns all together is spreading your asscheeks wide open for the government.

fwenshy

^^ these two above optimise stupidity. They are the parody of the typical american that the GTA series has thrived on.

Edited by fwenshy

Ixnay

Wow, call me clueless... it wasn't until near the end that I even recognized the voice! Duh.

fluffydude51

People yall really need to think

Yes guns are dangerous and anytime they can be used again ha the owner by complete accident but anyone that can have a gun should be able to choose to purchase one but taking care of it and taking responsibility is important

Yu Jian

^^ these two above optimise stupidity. They are the parody of the typical american that the GTA series has thrived on.

What? Optimize? So you're saying I make the best out of stupidity? I'd say you epitomize stupidity, friend.

King Vercetti

Okay, I'm not sure why anyone would get so bent out of shape over another person's opinion, good grief. No wonder this world is so screwed up. For the record I never blamed the guns I blame the people that use them. But as far as the "then leave" bullcrap, it's not my fault this country is so screwed up. Literally as I read this thread, the radio was talking about a shooting in a hotel lobby not far from where I live. America is a hell hole these days.

hyperar

The f*ck was this stupid sh*t? "Well, an irresponsible mother left her loaded gun in a purse and a kid took it out and shot it. You sure you want to shoot someone willing to kill you in an alley with the blood of massacre victims on your hands?"

Then leave. Nobody is stopping you. Let's hope some stupid thug doesn't break in your house at night with a loaded gun in an attempt to kill you over your flat screen TV. It's not about the damn government. It's about our rights as an American citizen. Free speech, freedom of religion, the right to arm ourselves from foreign and domestic enemies; they are rights. If I want to purchase a rifle to go hunting and kill my own food, then I should. If I want to buy a hand gun to protect myself from stupid ass goons who would kill for your vehicle, money, possessions, etc, then I should have the right to put a piece of lead in their pathetic ass. Don't lump me with some outcast in high school who shot up his high school because he couldn't get laid.

This is the same as what you're saying. "Do you have a war spaceship?, if not, i hope we don't get invaded by aliens.". Stupid logic is stupid.

I'm 30, and in my entire life, i've never suffered a break, neither meet someone that suffered a break in, and i've lived for 27 years in a really, really sh*tty part of Buenos Aires province, in one of the poorest cities, so the chances of suffering one are really really low, quite close to 0. Having a gun in my house would have meant living 30 years with the risk of an accident. One i can avoid, not owning a gun, the other, it is so stupidly unlikely to happen that i don't even think about it.

Niobium

All this thread has taught me is that the youth of some parts of America is just as bat sh*t crazy as the generation they have followed. Sandy Hook a hoax.....paranoid about their own government.....using the Guns don't Kill people do, crazy argument......probably think that 9/11 was a hoax..........probably believe that area 51 has an alien ship.......and almost 100% believe in religion.

Some people are just too uneducated or to indoctrinated into a twisted way of thinking that they have lost the ability to think for themselves and dont realise that they can actually search for real evidence that has been studied and peer reviewed by the intelligent people of the world.......Instead they sit back and take their info from bias from corrupt or small minded people (NRA or idiotic parents)

The fact is the USA has the highest gun crimes per capita in the whole of the developed world. And even if you are scared of your government and this is your reason to keep guns.....if it did kick off I know who would win.

There also hasn't been a gun massacre in the UK since 1996.....guess what.....They passed laws after to pretty much ban owning private hand guns. Exactly the same situation in Australia.......guess what......no massacres since 1996 (same year coincidentally)

Just educate yourself think for yourself.

The Chicago argument is also a bullsh*t excuse. The USA has open state borders so this makes this argument irrelevant.

The Guns don't kill people is also an almighty stupid argument. Go into a place with a Semi auto or go into a place with a knife.......which is going to cause more damage? Plus of this argument was even slightly true here in the UK you would get people trying to go on massacres with knifes or other types of weapons ie Cars.......guess what.......that never happens. So its either the USA has more psychos per 100,000 people than the UK or the more logical argument.........Guns give the ability/intrest/lust for these psychos to carry out these killings.

here you dropped this:

138899.jpg

Edited by Niobium

Yu Jian

Calling out conspiracy theorists, religious people, and the NRA?

That's enough Liberal for me today.

dognuts

lol pretty cheesy video

CarnageRacing00

Why should I be made to feel guilty for buying a gun because other people are idiots?

hyperar

Why should I be made to feel guilty for buying a gun because other people are idiots?

I'm pretty sure you didn't understand the video.

CarnageRacing00

I understood it perfectly. They were trying to shame potential gun owners. It's f*cking asinine.

hyperar

I understood it perfectly. They were trying to shame potential gun owners. It's f*cking asinine.

Again, you didn't understand the video, you may want to give it another look.

CarnageRacing00

All this thread has taught me is that the youth of some parts of America is just as bat sh*t crazy as the generation they have followed. Sandy Hook a hoax.....paranoid about their own government.....using the Guns don't Kill people do, crazy argument......probably think that 9/11 was a hoax..........probably believe that area 51 has an alien ship.......and almost 100% believe in religion.

Some people are just too uneducated or to indoctrinated into a twisted way of thinking that they have lost the ability to think for themselves and dont realise that they can actually search for real evidence that has been studied and peer reviewed by the intelligent people of the world.......Instead they sit back and take their info from bias from corrupt or small minded people (NRA or idiotic parents)

The fact is the USA has the highest gun crimes per capita in the whole of the developed world. And even if you are scared of your government and this is your reason to keep guns.....if it did kick off I know who would win.

There also hasn't been a gun massacre in the UK since 1996.....guess what.....They passed laws after to pretty much ban owning private hand guns. Exactly the same situation in Australia.......guess what......no massacres since 1996 (same year coincidentally)

Just educate yourself think for yourself.

The Chicago argument is also a bullsh*t excuse. The USA has open state borders so this makes this argument irrelevant.

The Guns don't kill people is also an almighty stupid argument. Go into a place with a Semi auto or go into a place with a knife.......which is going to cause more damage? Plus of this argument was even slightly true here in the UK you would get people trying to go on massacres with knifes or other types of weapons ie Cars.......guess what.......that never happens. So its either the USA has more psychos per 100,000 people than the UK or the more logical argument.........Guns give the ability/intrest/lust for these psychos to carry out these killings.

Friend, you have an open invitation to come spend a night in my neighborhood. I guarantee you by morning you will be begging me to stand guard over you with a gun.

cp1dell

Nobody knows what Ned's view is on friggen anything.

He played the role of a fictional character in a game.

He did this job for this anti-gun ad, and then twittered telling people to quit freaking out at him and that it was just a job.

f*cking calm down.

"Hey look, Ned Luke appeared in this PSA video!"

"f*ck that, lets argue about gun control"

Can't wait until this thread reaches 20+ pages of constant bitching, arguing, and insults.

Magic_Al

Ned Luke posted this comment on Facebook 21 hours ago:

Had it been a bash gun owners spot I likely would not have done it. I also must say that it is difficult to blame a 2yr old, or a five year old when they are the person holding the "tool." This spot doesn't attack the right to bear arms; I think this spot merely asks if you are ready to bear the weight of the responsibility gun ownership entails. It's a heavy load to carry when, God forbid, something goes wrong.

Whether you agree with his view or not, these are the words of a thoughtful man, who thinks before doing. It's true the message does not literally attack responsible gun ownership. It uses emotional anecdotes to make people stop to consider situations where people who owned guns failed to maintain control of them and became part of a tragedy. A similar experiment could be done with people who walk in wanting to try anything that's dangerous without caution and diligence. Not everybody is cut out for responsibility and it's not infringing anybody's rights to say so. The right to bear arms is also a right to personally choose not to. The message is not that the government should decide if you have a gun, it's that you should decide — think about — if you should have a gun. The experience people have in the video is one-sided, but just a few minutes of their entire life experience that will shape their decisions over time.

Unfortunately, the politics of guns in the U.S. are such that any "negative" portrayal of guns is offensive to a passionate group who feel that the political popularity of the right to bear arms is threatened by messages that might dissuade people from becoming gun owners themselves. Ned Luke is from the Midwestern U.S., and has been around, and I assume he is politically aware and knew very well he was involving himself in something polarizing.

Whatever one's political views, I think it's stupid to let one disagreement ruin everything. Charlton Heston was a great movie star and later became the face of one side of a very divisive issue and of a very controversial organization. Some people who disagree with his politics are still fans of his movies and his talent and his great voice. But some people can't like anything about a person they disagree with, which I think is a sad way to go through life. Surrounding oneself with only people who believe the same things is intellectual incest and produces similar quality output to regular incest, I say.

Ned Luke, more than any main actor in the GTA series I'm aware of, has been very engaged with fans online and actually plays the game. That's fun for him and fun for fans and I'd hate to see it become not fun because of a few haters who can't tolerate a difference of opinion.

CheckOutMyMixtape666

Then leave. Nobody is stopping you. Let's hope some stupid thug doesn't break in your house at night with a loaded gun in an attempt to kill you over your flat screen TV. It's not about the damn government. It's about our rights as an American citizen. Free speech, freedom of religion, the right to arm ourselves from foreign and domestic enemies; they are rights. If I want to purchase a rifle to go hunting and kill my own food, then I should. If I want to buy a hand gun to protect myself from stupid ass goons who would kill for your vehicle, money, possessions, etc, then I should have the right to put a piece of lead in their pathetic ass. Don't lump me with some outcast in high school who shot up his high school because he couldn't get laid.

This is the same as what you're saying. "Do you have a war spaceship?, if not, i hope we don't get invaded by aliens.". Stupid logic is stupid.

I'm 30, and in my entire life, i've never suffered a break, neither meet someone that suffered a break in, and i've lived for 27 years in a really, really sh*tty part of Buenos Aires province, in one of the poorest cities, so the chances of suffering one are really really low, quite close to 0. Having a gun in my house would have meant living 30 years with the risk of an accident. One i can avoid, not owning a gun, the other, it is so stupidly unlikely to happen that i don't even think about it.

You're totally right. Arming myself against other humans who want to cause harm is comparable to an alien invasion. Leave the doors to your car and house unlocked while you're away too if you're that confident.

daltontigerboy

Typical Liberal propaganda. It is a known fact that where there are more guns there is less crime, less homicides, etc. And, the only people strict gun laws hurt are Law abiding citizens. Only a Liberal (moron) would think that the average street thug gives a flying f*ck about gun Laws. So, if one of them mofos broke into my home, I'd like to have a gun for self defense. Wouldn't you? I've read literally hundreds of stories about people doing everything from thwarting robberies to protecting their loved ones with guns. If little Timmy finds your gun and shoots himself playing with it, that is your fault for not storing it properly. If someone is killed in a "drive-by" the only people to blame are the lowlifes doing the shooting. Guns don't kill people, people kill people and as cliched as that is to say it is 100% true. Now that I know Ned Luke is a hypocrite, I will be boycotting anything with his name behind it.

....Sooo, no more gta v?

El Tigre chino

"This AP Pistol was used to kill six privatized military personnel by a deranged middle-aged meth addicted Canadian who was trying to steal an attack helicopter."

Doctor-D666

Wow, the gun nuts on this forum are terrifying. As for the argument of "protection" during a break in, i've read WAY TOO MANY stories where the "protective" gun ends up ending a life.... The life NOT being the intruders either, its usually the gun owner themselves or their family. Oh and no, i WON'T give examples, you're all smart enougn (shockingly) to find it for yourselves.

cdgl

lol @ the hypocrisy

When americans get into other peoples business the whole world gets butthurt

yet here people are, getting into american business

americans can do watever the f*ck they want in their country and that aint ur business

/thread

PeriodZeroHero

lol @ the hypocrisy

When americans get into other peoples business the whole world gets butthurt

yet here people are, getting into american business

americans can do watever the f*ck they want in their country and that aint ur business

/thread

tired of seeing that word hypocrisy on this site

yall a bunch of plebs taking this so seriously

American Viking

Typical Liberal propaganda. It is a known fact that where there are more guns there is less crime, less homicides, etc. And, the only people strict gun laws hurt are Law abiding citizens. Only a Liberal (moron) would think that the average street thug gives a flying f*ck about gun Laws. So, if one of them mofos broke into my home, I'd like to have a gun for self defense. Wouldn't you? I've read literally hundreds of stories about people doing everything from thwarting robberies to protecting their loved ones with guns. If little Timmy finds your gun and shoots himself playing with it, that is your fault for not storing it properly. If someone is killed in a "drive-by" the only people to blame are the lowlifes doing the shooting. Guns don't kill people, people kill people and as cliched as that is to say it is 100% true. Now that I know Ned Luke is a hypocrite, I will be boycotting anything with his name behind it.

....Sooo, no more gta v?

Haven't played it in months.

Ayylien

I've never really understood the whole gun-law thing in America. I kind of get owning a smaller firearm such as a pistol but damn, but allowing ownership of automatic weapons is pretty dumb. I mean what use is a AR-15 for protection? For the most part, civilians should not be allowed to own a gun, because in reality, they little to no use for them. Not really a 'free' Country if you feel the need to have to arm yourself when you walk out the door.

I live in the UK and never have I felt the need to own a gun to feel safe, and yes I can leave my doors unlocked. There is gun crime here, however it's very limited. Hell even the police don't carry guns.

"Where there's more guns there's less gun crime"

Lock n' Stock

I don't see how shutting down gun stores would prevent gun violence. I'm pretty sure that street criminals and gang members obtain their guns illegally. Then again, many mass shootings are perpetrated by seemingly-normal civilians so it's hard to say.

And for those questing Ned over his supposed "views", here's what he had to say on FB before he canned the post.

Let's be clear here. This was a job I was hired to do. Like any gig I get, I submerge myself into the role completely. It's called acting. My political views are my own and I keep them private. Hopefully no one thinks that because I play a bad guy in my work that that's how I roll in real life. If you do you are not very well informed as to what makes me tick. If my performance in this PSA gets you fired up or touched you in a positive way or even a negative way, then good. It means I did my JOB. Enjoy the conversation but keep it civil. Be a douchebag and you're gone.

Edited by G.S.T