2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Are the servers sh*t for anyone else or just me?

Orra

I never had a problem with them until heists, I can't quit into free roam or find a new f*ckin session without sitting in the sky for 10-20 minutes? I have to restart the game half of the time just to play something.

Edited by Orra

It's on and off for some. You sure it's not your internet?

Nope my internets fine, the servers were fine, this all started happening more often after the last patch :/

Did a few races. Next thing it says I quit session and kicks me to freeroam in the sky falling. I just let my character go splat out of frustration.

Also during a race there was some hilarious teleporting across the track by some players.

Turkish Turketarian

I only had problems on the first two or three days of the heist update. All has been back to normal for me now.

Are the ports needed for your console fowarded?

CrysisAverted

they are sh*t for me too, after the most recent patch I seem to disconnect less often than ever though.

Edited by CrysisAverted

GamesBoy316

The servers are kind of acting like s**t for me too. It takes a long time to find a session and the game just crashed on me while looking for a session. Has nothing to do with my internet.

Im having issues not experienced prior to the patch. Getting a lot more DC's in the middle of races and can't invite anyone half way through a playlist.

Depends, in the beginning i wanted to throw my xbox out the window, then yesterday everything was sweet and did a crap load of heists with these guys from the UK, not a single issue, but i usually stay in free roam and grind missions cause heists are 50/50 if you start getting issues then your connection becomes tainted and you wont be able to go online till you restart your xbox (biggest pain in the ass), if you dont get issues your good to go.

Abraham Ford

I swear by IPv4 and IPv6. If your router supports them, enable them now. Since enabling them on my router, my load times are back to 360/PS3 levels with only a hand full of disconnects over the past 2 months.

- Enable IPv4 or IPv6 (If your router doesn't have these, buy a new router. Dlink DIR-601 is only $20)

- Put your console in DMZ

Edited by Abraham Ford

CarimboHanky

i played a couple hours ago and it was horrible major lag, the world despawning...

lag + framerate drop by the eclipse towers caused the road the disappear sending my car flying under the map.

Yeah, before the update... I was fine.

I'm sitting on 100/50mbps and I'm dumbfounded by what is causing such issues.

Furthermore, I'll be in a full session and moments later... the whole left side of my screen fills with everyone leaving.. its like I've got f*cking leprosy :panic:

AllNighter1

Same here, but I have Stone Age DSL.

Today I spent my entire session with Rockstar servers being offline and not being AE to launch a heist.

It was nice however not to have the annoying timer for inactivity going off every few minutes.

GrandMaster Smith

I've been having endless problems with "failure to join session/job".. Everything will work fine for a little while then suddenly I can't join anything at all and have to restart my console to be able to.

• Like 1

Shadowfennekin

I've been having endless problems with "failure to join session/job".. Everything will work fine for a little while then suddenly I can't join anything at all and have to restart my console to be able to.

Ditto. Finish a Heist setup with randoms and they all ask me to continue on...... I keep trying but it says "failure to join session/job hurr durr" and I restart the Xbox, go back to GTA V and Online and it finally lets me start.... only the others gave up and did other things. I turned off the system out of rage.

"Failure to join job" My ass, I'm not joining an active one. I'm HOSTING one

I cant go online when people leave a heist. Not planning on getting near the game until fixed.

I get kicked randomly sometimes on ps4 but it's no where near as bad as it was on ps3. Just my 2 cents

GrandMaster Smith

Ditto. Finish a Heist setup with randoms and they all ask me to continue on...... I keep trying but it says "failure to join session/job hurr durr" and I restart the Xbox, go back to GTA V and Online and it finally lets me start.... only the others gave up and did other things. I turned off the system out of rage.

"Failure to join job" My ass, I'm not joining an active one. I'm HOSTING one

I was starting to wonder whether it was just my connection or what.. interesting to know others are having the same exact problem. I wonder if it has anything to do with R* trying to prevent people from getting the police uniform or other heist outfits since it seems it didn't really become a problem until that got exploited.

EEDDDWWWAARRRD

sh*t was fine for me until the NG upgrade. I still remember when it took less 5 minutes to get into a public freeroam that wasn't empty.

49901709.jpg

Edited by EEDDDWWWAARRRD

MajorWhytey

Complete nightmare for me. Infinite loading times, random disconnects, cars flying around and spawning and de-spawning in front of me.

I've got a great speed in my router and port forwarded it a while back. Hardly been able to play since heists. So bad that I haven't even completed one heist yet.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

I strangely can not acces online without going to singleplayer first....but yea...that coud be caused by several reasons