2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

My Scuffle with my City's Finest... Your take?

Wendy Testaburger

Wendy Testaburger

Personally I find this bs, but I'd like to know what you fine folks think

A few days ago my brother had his friend over, and the friend is my age and like, reaaally cute. They went outside to go do stuff so out of girly impulse i followed the hot friend and my brother to the woods. so they brought a can of deodorant and some matches... guess you know where this was going. So my bro and his friend blew the sh*t out of it and it was LOUD, whole street heard it. i live on a quiet cul-de-sac in a small town so it was kind of a shock. My neighbor ended up calling the cops because she thought it was a gunshot :/ we took safety precautions, hiding behind a huge dirt pile far away, covered our faces and stuff, hid against possible shrapnel. The cops ended up finding us and got this whole formal investigation, it's damn CSI New hampshire up in here. the cop had this huge ass camera and it looked like a scene straight out of dexter. Funny thing, the cop looked like rick grimes lol. we were supposed to go to COURT but we ended up getting assigned to take this criminal arsonist class or whatever. I think it's stupid that the cop even took action. None of us have criminal records, my bro and friend are 16 and I'm 15 1/2. Personally if I were a cop (i actually kinda want to be one), I would pass it off as a warning as kids being kids and ensure it won't happen again. Listen here, we talked to the chief and said that we were just having fun and being kids, and he said "you may think that's what it is, but i see it as kids being criminals". What the hell?!

I'm sure you boys out there do this stuff all the time. What's your opinion on this situation?

ps. my bro drew a dick in the sand with shaving cream :lol:

• Like 1

Not quite sure if I'd label you as criminals, but blowing stuff up in the woods behind your house wasn't exactly the smartest decision, especially considering the paranoia about terrorism nowadays. If your demeanor with the officer was the same as it is here, I can easily see why he elected not to let you off with a warning because it seems like you think it is all a joke. The arson class seems reasonable, unless of course you wanted to pay several hundred dollars worth of fines instead.

make total destroy

You should have pulled out your 9 and iced those pigs.

yqwcbDf.png

Reformed Squid

A few days ago my brother had his friend over, and the friend is my age and like, reaaally cute. They went outside to go do stuff so out of girly impulse i followed the hot friend and my brother to the woods.

I'm telling Stan

Lol reminds me of fire men having bitch fits on bonfire night. To be fair tho everywheres like 28 days later on 5th november hah

Wendy Testaburger

You should have pulled out your 9 and iced those pigs.

i laughed too hard at this

Not quite sure if I'd label you as criminals, but blowing stuff up in the woods behind your house wasn't exactly the smartest decision, especially considering the paranoia about terrorism nowadays. If your demeanor with the officer was the same as it is here, I can easily see why he elected not to let you off with a warning because it seems like you think it is all a joke. The arson class seems reasonable, unless of course you wanted to pay several hundred dollars worth of fines instead.

Good points. The part I didn't mention is that it was on our property and I didn't do anything, just watched. And we didn't blow up anything, just our own deodorant can on an empty space. No damage done to anything

TheGodDamnMaster

I don't think you should be forced to take an entire class (assuming this isn't just one session) for the incident, maybe a seminar of some sort would have been appropriate. Something along the lines of "scared straight" by showing kids that have been injured or killed doing stuff like that.

gFNsyFepSNK2dgwT5xpc_nintendo-games-gif_

Intel Core i9-9900k | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz
MSI GeForce RTX2070 | WD Blue 1TB HDD | Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower | MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

Wendy Testaburger

I don't think you should be forced to take an entire class (assuming this isn't just one session) for the incident, maybe a seminar of some sort would have been appropriate. Something along the lines of "scared straight" by showing kids that have been injured or killed doing stuff like that.

It's once a week for 7 weeks :/

thanks obama

The edge, it's so sharp!

Serves you right, OP. America is a very paranoid place recently, and people will call the cops if they hear gunshots/explosions etc. Regardless of whether it was "on your own property" and "just your own deodorant can". Same logic as that one guy who phoned a bomb threat on the airplane he was going to board, just to "test what would happen". sh*t will happen, that's what. Boys will be boys, kids have been exploding things since forever, that is not an excuse. I'm guessing you are not a minority either, otherwise things could have escalated much worse due to one stupid incident.

Oh and it doesn't really matter that you never had a record before. Records have to start somewhere!

2lzNHds.png

Lesson learned: don't do something that could get you in trouble with the police.

Im not very much versed in 'murica's culture of hypocrisy.... But isnt blowing stuff up like one of the most American things? like a subdivision of firecrackers next to "I would ice that pig for a minor offense" and the missionary position?

Edited by reiniat

Wendy Testaburger

If we did this in the 80s in Massachusetts the cop would probably join in

^^

according to my dad :)

Edited by Wendy Testaburger

Femme Fatale

You should've looked at those pigs straight in the eye, and said:

"Don't. f*cking. Mess. With. Wendy Testaburger!"

• Like 2

Wendy Testaburger

You should've looked at those pigs straight in the eye, and said:

"Don't. f*cking. Mess. With. Wendy Testaburger!"

These may be the most relevant and overall best posts of the entire forum ever

and omg i started laughing uncontrollably from that video and my dog is like

y9rQCO6.jpg

It's stupid that police did their job? While there are definitely precautions that allow you to do this sort of thing safely, I refuse to believe that kids dumb enough to get caught like this are even aware of them all. Just be happy they didn't apply federal laws on destructive devices to you, and don't do dumb sh*t next time.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

f*ck the police!

How dare they do their job? The outrage!

Edited by ¥en

Wendy Testaburger

Well i mean their job is to uphold the law, which I didn't break. I personally didn't blow the sh*t up, but even if I did, all they could give me was a misdemeanor if they REALLY wanted to, my brother asked the fire chief who took our case out of the cops'.

Clem Fandango

Surely you're within your rights to blow sh*t up on your own property?

Wendy Testaburger

Honestly the only thing i did wrong here was get caught with these guys, worth it though cause i think my brother's friend likes me haha

CrysisAverted

way to STANd ground brah

4WFwjAE.jpg

Wendy Testaburger

way to STANd ground brah

4WFwjAE.jpg

Thats my man

Another funny cop story, this kid hacked a teachers account and got arrested, and I covered for him lol nobody suspected me, I look like Peyton sawyer, aka not someone who looks like a cyber criminal haha

Well i mean their job is to uphold the law, which I didn't break. I personally didn't blow the sh*t up, but even if I did, all they could give me was a misdemeanor

First of all, it's the DA's job to charge you or not charge you with a crime. Second of all, misdemeanor is still a crime. And finally, conspiracy to comit a crime is still a crime. It is the job of police officers to investigate any crime and detain any suspects. Including clueless fifteen-year-olds.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Wendy Testaburger

Well i mean their job is to uphold the law, which I didn't break. I personally didn't blow the sh*t up, but even if I did, all they could give me was a misdemeanor

First of all, it's the DA's job to charge you or not charge you with a crime. Second of all, misdemeanor is still a crime. And finally, conspiracy to comit a crime is still a crime. It is the job of police officers to investigate any crime and detain any suspects. Including clueless fifteen-year-olds.

Thanks for the informative reply!

Dude, it's sooo wrong that the police are trying to keep you from blowing your hands off by introducing slight legal consequences to your actions! I mean, stumps are the sh*t this year, innit?

f*cking kids...

"Look ma, no hands!"

Look+ma+no+hands+_e21c30e0a0de7f5e3fed68

Ya just gotta make a pit full of spikes. However, leave it uncovered. When they see it , they'll be like "oh hell no, I ain't going in no damn pit". Then you jump out of a tree and stick hatchets in their heads.

GrandMaster Smith

It's stupid that police did their job? While there are definitely precautions that allow you to do this sort of thing safely, I refuse to believe that kids dumb enough to get caught like this are even aware of them all. Just be happy they didn't apply federal laws on destructive devices to you, and don't do dumb sh*t next time.

Well I mean they were on their own property and using safety precautions, this is probably more a situation of a smalltown cop just having jack sh*t to do...I mean it's a can of deodorant.. lol my friends and I used to throw cans of spray paint into bonfires because who doesn't enjoy explosions? The kids should've gotten a slap on a wrist not put into some criminal class. Parents should do the parenting not the police.

Edited by GrandMaster Smith

Lets face it, we've all done stupid things. But they do come with consequences.

I saw 'scuffle' in the title and expected some physical craziness. Just kids doing kid things and the neighbors and police being neighbors and police.

You got off easy enough. Be happy about that.