2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

I'm worried the Insurgent will be nerfed

Red Harlow

( I meant to type "nerfed" not "patched" :/ )

Can I get a mod to edit the Title? Much appreciated!

This thing is a monster depending on what type of Free Mode session you are in.

It can survive about 3-4 RPG or Homing Launcher rockets, 2 Rhino Tank rocket shells, 3 Buzzard rockets, et cetera...

Anybody else own one? It's a MUST BUY!

( Update: Just drove straight into a gas pump at the gas station. Survived... )

Edited by Red Harlow

smokingndriving

I own four of them plus the pick-up version, so effectively a small fleet of them.

I'm sure it will probably be patched because people will whine about it.

At this point, I'm kinda wondering why I should drive anything else: it's not only a freaking beast but it solves one of the biggest problems in free roam: NPC drivers. You just ram into them and knock them into next week. I've gotten SO tired of NPC drivers, this has been a delight.

Edited by smokingndriving

Smooth Longsack

I haven't driven anything else since i bought it.

• Like 18

It is good as of now.But the turret version is annoying. I just ran into three people using auto aim with the turret Insurgent,it was a pain in the ass.

A Maned Wolf

It's not gonna get nerfed, if durability was a issue, the Riot van would have been nerfed long ago.

Jesus f*ck people.

• Like 4

smokingndriving

When does this unlock?

After the Humane Labs heist finale. I wanted to get one so freakin' bad that I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning with a crew of randoms I'd happened to join and do most of the second and third heists with. Sooooo worth it.

• Like 2

A Maned Wolf

It's not gonna get nerfed, if durability was a issue, the Riot van would have been nerfed long ago.

Jesus f*ck people.

When does this unlock?

After the Humane Labs heist finale. I wanted to get one so freakin' bad that I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning with a crew of randoms I'd happened to join and do most of the second and third heists with.

Needs must!

I get like that, end up a mess for work the next day but progress in GTA takes priority!

• Like 2

WarnerKiller

Yeah, I love this thing. Had some asshat in freemode earlier started following me around in his Kuruma trying to blow me up. Managed to get a few stickies on the back of my Insurgent, so I just backed up towards him and when he detonated them his car caught fire, but mine survived.

I then got out and killed him a few times to repay the favour. Just glad that there's finally a vehicle that isn't an insta death if somebody gets a sticky on you.

That said, I've still been using my Felon for missions just because it's so much faster.

It's also nice at the moment because there aren't too many in Freemode. Give it a few weeks and FM will be chock full of them.

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

I was gonna make yet another thread about the insurgent but I think I'll post what I wanted to in here.

First off, I wanted to say WHY THE INSURGENT IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST VEHICLE ONLINE

Lastnight I spent about 3hrs straight in free roam driving around. My favorite thing to do is drive around and initiate Car Tag with random players. some of them are dicks and try to blow me up.. THe funny thing is I never shoot at them or stick bomb them.. This one guy Shot rockets at me, but I drove next to his car and he was still firing, eventually blowing up his own Armored Karin.

What makes the Insurgent so fun?

Car Tag -- drive around, chasing people and try to ram them if they cant maneuver away from you.

Maneuvering -- this vehicle can carve corners for a big heavy vehicle

HEAVY -- the cargobob struggles to pick it up, which is funny because it picks up the tank fine.

heavily armored

FAST -- i mean extremely fast.. Its tailed some supercars by not a huge gap.. the only thing that it cant really keep up with from my experience is the Liberator.. I didnt know the liberator was that fast. I called pegasus and let this guy drive it that I was playing car tag with in a mini cooper. I couldnt keep up

Excitement -- its really vain but when using it in contact missions (who has never seen it before) and ramming cars, the reaction from people is funny when I ram a car off an overpass

Customizable/ storeable

It can mostly drive over dividers and jump off overpasses, no problem. You just have to hit it at the right angle. It usually doesnt topple over when driving offroad.

Wheelspin -- nice to look at offroad.

im sure theres more.

But you guys should definitely play car tag with this thing. Im not sure if itll be equally fun if you play it with other Insurgents, but its fun when playing it with Insurgent vs Civilian car. For the ram factor alone. If you play it, dont grief people by blowing up their cars or killing them. Wheres the fun in that?

I also wanted to leave this here

I like to kidnap peoples cars. I pushed the Guardian at 40mph.. I also pushed the Police Armored truck. Not sure at what speed. I didnt attempt to push the Liberator. I want to push a Tractor Trailer next.. that should be interesting.

Edited by SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • Like 2

fakebasedjo

I'm worried the Kuruma will get nerfed as well. I've been camping in that thing to do missions, and it's pretty overpowered from a PvP standpoint. That being said, I really hope that the new armored cars don't get nerfed.

• Like 1

I'm worried the Kuruma will get nerfed as well. I've been camping in that thing to do missions, and it's pretty overpowered from a PvP standpoint.

Lol thats how I been using the Police Transport van when it was stored in my garage. I would camp in it and complete contact missions. Not a scratch on me. The good old days. I wish they would put a van like that in the online store. Also make it as fast as the Insurgent. I dont care if its impervious to explosives. Being bulletproof is nice.

It is good as of now.But the turret version is annoying. I just ran into three people using auto aim with the turret Insurgent,it was a pain in the ass.

Since when does the turret auto aim?

Sir Michael

Jesus f*ck people.

The difference between these vehicles is that the Insurgent can be owned. I understand your point, but we'll see the Insurgent driving around far more than the Riot Van, which is still a rare find if I remember right.

Bill_Assassin

Hold on, can people shoot you through its windows though? I've been in the Kuruma and barely got a scratch on me but it feels like the Insurgent doesn't offer you that same protection from bullets.

Right, you try surviving with the Insurgent while a bunch of psychos are chasing you with sticky bombs and Zentornos. You will not last long.

What it makes up in power it drops in speed, and with so many people still using supers, it's not that good.

Fox Stevenson

Why should it be nerfed? It's a god damn armored truck that you pay almost 3 million for it. IT MUST be damn good.

Jesus f*ck people.

The difference between these vehicles is that the Insurgent can be owned. I understand your point, but we'll see the Insurgent driving around far more than the Riot Van, which is still a rare find if I remember right.

Yea the tank got nerfed, so theres that. I cant even have fun running over cars anymore because that'll be an explosive hit against the tank.

smokingndriving

Why should it be nerfed? It's a god damn armored truck that you pay almost 3 million for it. IT MUST be damn good.

It's $675k.

Apparently the riot van was taken out of the impound lot with the latest update.

KamikaziOtter

I purchased both and for the first time in a VERY long time, I don't have any vehicle buyers remorse...

is it just me or is the insurgent pickup thousands of times slower than the insurgent?

naturally, it should be and would be. It has extra weight. Armor + a heavy gun = more weight slowing you down.

So Bullet-proof or no? If it isn't then I don't see how it could be OP.

nope not bulletproof.

LordVukodlak

Its not just bullet proof but explosive resistant. It takes several sticky bombs to blow it up, the number can depend on where it's placed.

Hold on, can people shoot you through its windows though? I've been in the Kuruma and barely got a scratch on me but it feels like the Insurgent doesn't offer you that same protection from bullets.

Fairly easily, a skilled shooter or any mook in an autoaim lobbly can machine gun the occupants without much trouble. Hell I did it once while driving backwards in the Kuruma.

KamikaziOtter

The windows, no... but they are very small and difficult to get a hard lock on a target. When it comes to explosives, thats where it really shines... Last test, it took 7 RPG's to take down, or three direct hits from the tank. I would'nt go so far as to call it OP though, as the gunner is still VERY exposed while operating that top mounted .50cal

Wastelander (Suzuki)

Jesus f*ck people.

I'm with Wolf on this one folks, quit worrying about it.

Bill_Assassin

The windows, no... but they are very small and difficult to get a hard lock on a target. When it comes to explosives, thats where it really shines... Last test, it took 7 RPG's to take down, or three direct hits from the tank. I would'nt go so far as to call it OP though, as the gunner is still VERY exposed while operating that top mounted .50cal

Its not just bullet proof but explosive resistant. It takes several sticky bombs to blow it up, the number can depend on where it's placed.

Fairly easily, a skilled shooter or any mook in an autoaim lobbly can machine gun the occupants without much trouble. Hell I did it once while driving backwards in the Kuruma.

is it just me or is the insurgent pickup thousands of times slower than the insurgent?

naturally, it should be and would be. It has extra weight. Armor + a heavy gun = more weight slowing you down.

nope not bulletproof.

Thanks guys. So if I'm looking for someone that protects me from bullets, would you recommend the Kuruma instead? NPC's rarely use explosives so those won't be a problem.

LordVukodlak

So if I'm looking for someone that protects me from bullets, would you recommend the Kuruma instead? NPC's rarely use explosives so those won't be a problem.

Against NPC's the Kuruma is the superior vehicle. You could roll right into the garage in Rooftop rumble and take out the professionals one by one with a pistol. In the insurgent.... they'd gun you down.