2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

PS3 -> PS4 -> PC Character?

Nick930930

I know you can only transfer your character once. But Rockstar announced that you can transfer your PS4 character to the PC version of the game.

Does this mean my character which I previously imported from the PS3 -> PS4 can then again be transferred to PC? Or does this mean only newly created PS4 characters can be transferred to PC?

the character transfer can only be done ONE TIME ONLY from what I know. So if you already transfered your character you CANT do it again.

NightmanCometh96

Originally, it was only allowed to be done once, but I remember R* saying something along the lines of it still being possible to transfer to PC if you had already transferred from LG to CG around the time the Festive Surprise Update came out.

RedIndianRobin

You can transfer your existing character from ps3-ps4-pc. They have confirmed via a support article. And dx2words, don't give wrong info dude.

Edited by RedIndianRobin

oCrapaCreeper

You can only transfer one time between current and last gen consoles, however you can transfer from a current gen console to PC even if you've already done it.

You can transfer your existing character from ps3-ps4-pc. They have confirmed via a support article. And dx2words, don't give wrong info dude.

Sorry, I was wrong then.

Yes, you can.

Transferring to PC

What you need:

A copy of Grand Theft Auto V on PC.

Previous Grand Theft Auto Online character and progression data on PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4, Xbox 360 or Xbox One.

A Rockstar Games Social Club account. If you do not already have a Social Club account, you will need to create a new one as part of the PC installation process. Click here for more info on creating an account.

A PlayStation Network or Xbox Live account

If transferring from Xbox 360 or Xbox One, your Social Club account will need to be linked to the Xbox Live account used while playing GTA Online.

If transferring from PlayStation®3 or PlayStation®4, your Social Club account will need to be linked to the PlayStation®Network account used while playing GTA Online.

If you still need to link your Social Club account to your console account(s), please click here for more information.

How to transfer your previous Grand Theft Auto Online character and progression data to PC:

Start Grand Theft Auto V on PC and log into the Social Club.

Enter GTA Online via the Character Select Wheel or the Pause Menu.

You will be given the option to transfer your previous GTA Online character and progression data, along with the opportunity to change your character’s appearance again. If you wish to complete the transfer later, you can return to this option via the Online section of the Pause Menu.

Once you have chosen to transfer your previous character and progression data, the transferrable in-game money, RP and Rank of all previous characters will be displayed. These are the characters that will be transferred to PC. If you have previous character and progression data on multiple systems, you will be prompted to select one set of data. You can only transfer one set of character and progression data for your Social Club account on PC.

Once the transfer has completed, you will be prompted to choose a character and enter GTA Online.

Please note:

Any existing PC GTA Online character and progression data will be replaced by your previous character and progression data during the transfer, except for any existing in-game money, which will be combined with your transferred balance.

All earned in-game money will transfer. Purchased in-game money that has not yet been spent will not transfer to PC.

You will still be able to play with your existing characters on PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4, Xbox 360 or Xbox One however any progress made with versions of the characters on those systems after a transfer will remain on the those systems only.

You can only transfer a set of character and progression data from PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4, Xbox 360 or Xbox One once.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202892778-Transferring-Your-Previous-Grand-Theft-Auto-Online-Characters-and-Progression-to-PlayStation-4-Xbox-One-or-PC#TransferToPC

:^:

Nooooooooooo...

I was so happy to poop on all the lvl 1 console peasants on the pc release :(

nightmare-slain

as i understand it you can only do the transfer once. from EITHER ps3, ps4, 360, one.

for example i transferred from PS3 > PS4. i dont think i'll be able to then transfer my character from PS4 > PC. however if i didn't buy the game on PS4 i could've transferred PS3 > PC.

i'll just be starting a new character for PC. i don't care too much cause i won't be playing online on PC much. all my friends are on PS4 so that's where ill play GTAO.

RedIndianRobin

as i understand it you can only do the transfer once. from EITHER ps3, ps4, 360, one.

for example i transferred from PS3 > PS4. i dont think i'll be able to then transfer my character from PS4 > PC. however if i didn't buy the game on PS4 i could've transferred PS3 > PC.

i'll just be starting a new character for PC. i don't care too much cause i won't be playing online on PC much. all my friends are on PS4 so that's where ill play GTAO.

Read support articles for once in your life than giving out false misleading info bruh.

Who the hell buys a more than one year old game more than 3x???

Those which loves the games.

I bought it on the release for ps3, then again for ps4. And i will love it for pc.

Totallycasual

I think this is one situation where the "console peasants" are going to be camping the "PC master race" lol

I purchased a PS3 just to play GTAV, then a PS4 when it came to current gen consoles, and i'll buy it for PC too. In addition to that i purchased a Wii U just to play one Zelda game then never touched the console again. There is this thing called work where you're paid for your efforts and it allows you to not worry about entertainment because you have disposable income.

Rock Howard

I think this is one situation where the "console peasants" are going to be camping the "PC master race" lol

There is this thing called work where you're paid for your efforts and it allows you to not worry about entertainment because you have disposable income.

Many of the clueless, self-entitled kids here wouldn't be aware of that concept because their income is whatever Mummy and Daddy give them for pocket money.

As for the original question, from what Rockstar have said I'm pretty sure once you have the PC version, you can transfer your character from either a PS3, PS4, 360 or XBOne, if you have characters on these consoles.

Edited by Rock Howard

THIS right here. This is the answer.

According to this specific Rockstar response, they will let you transfer TWICE. Not ONCE.

Meaning I can transfer from PS3 -> PS4 -> PC

Good. My rank 205 character will be kicking ass from day 1.

RedIndianRobin

You'll be vote kicked from many lobbies on the PC for being on higher rank by level 1 people. I hope you know that.

Edited by RedIndianRobin

You'll be vote kicked from many lobbies on the PC for being on higher rank by level 1 people. I hope you know that.

You expect that feature to even work? Have you played GTAOnline? :D

RedIndianRobin

You expect that feature to even work? Have you played GTAOnline? :D

Nah. But I do watch GTAO videos and had seen there people voting players to kick them out.

I'll be playing with many friends making it difficult for a lobby to be able to votekick me.. not to mention several other console users will also transfer their character to PC.

I hope you know that.

RedIndianRobin

I'll be playing with many friends making it difficult for a lobby to be able to votekick me.. not to mention several other console users will also transfer their character to PC.

I hope you know that.

Unfortunately for you, Newcomers in PC>Console to PC migrators.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you know that.

Unfortunately for you, Newcomers in PC>Console to PC migrators.

How is that unfortunate for me?

I'm level 363 and will be doing my best to help others earn some GTA$ as fast as possible.

As for being kicked for being a high level, you should remember most of what we've seen from GTA so far is being played by children. I'd expect us adults to be more open minded, especially PC gamers.

Edited by MrTay

YES YOU CAN.

(from what I remember reading on the R* support article.)

Yep you remember correctly , i also read few months back on the official rockstar sote that you can transfer it AGAIN to pc

Time to transfer my rank 934 Gingerbread Character once it comes out ^^

Edited by Zeynohh

Anyone knows if you can change your character when you transfer?

The one i made on ps3 is ugly as hell and i want him on pc, but i do not want it to look like it does.