2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

So when will the main antagonist of GTA Online be introduced?

TableTennisChamp

TableTennisChamp

The new cutscenes that came with heists got me thinking how Rockstar could potentially set up an interesting story for our protagonists. Mostly characters from story mode appear along with a few new ones, but when do we get to meet the main antagonist? The GTA Online "story" consists mostly just progression for our characters rather than a traditional story. But our character is moving up the food chain in typical GTA fashion. We started out getting off the plane, a nobody, with horrible clothes, no influence. Where did we fly in from anyway? Liberty City? Vice City? We started doing small jobs and they are progressively becoming more complex and rewarding. Our character is climbing the ladder of the criminal underworld. So we should be meeting the big bad anytime now?

Do you think GTA Online needs an antagonist that you love to hate and really want to kill by the end of our journey? I know I do. He or she would do what they can to undermine our progress. I imagine they would have some qualities of previous GTA antagonists. There needs to be some secondary enemies as well. With their inclusion executions could be implemented. Remember those? I feel like our character needs competition, someone to put in work towards defeating. What do you think? Would a new antagonist add some spice to GTA Online?

Edited by AddamHusayin

Nope with GTA Online Rockstar only concentrate on the playerbase who dont know what Grand Theft Auto means

A singleplayer crime game series

Grand Theft Auto 3 - Gopher story

Grand Theft Auto Vice City - Drug Imperium story

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas - Gangster story

Grand Theft Auto IV - Revenge story

Grand Theft Auto V - Bank robber story

Grand Theft Auto Online - ?

Grand Theft Auto VI - Racer story maybe ?

At the end its only a online mode of a game and gameplay focused

Edited by emiliumium

We Are Ninja

The new cutscenes that came with heists got me thinking how Rockstar could potentially set up an interesting story for our protagonists. Mostly characters from story mode appear along with a few new ones, but when do we get to meet the main antagonist? The GTA Online "story" consists mostly just progression for our characters rather than a traditional story. But our character is moving up the food chain in typical GTA fashion. We started out getting off the plane, a nobody, with horrible clothes, no influence. Where did we fly in from anyway? Liberty City? Vice City? We started doing small jobs and they are progressively becoming more complex and rewarding. Our character is climbing the ladder of the criminal underworld. So we should be meeting the big bad anytime now?

Do you think GTA Online needs an antagonist that you love to hate and really want to kill by the end of our journey? I know I do. He or she would do what they can to undermine our progress. I imagine they would have some qualities of previous GTA antagonists. There needs to be some secondary enemies as well. With their inclusion executions could be implemented. Remember those? I feel like our character needs competition, someone to put in work towards defeating. What do you think? Would a new antagonist add some spice to GTA Online?

New antagonists spice up my GTAO experience every session... I've killed a lot of them, and a lot of them have killed me. You're describing the trolls and griefers that infest Los Santos. What's more, there's a lot of new blood vying for the "main antagonist" spot now that the R* has thrown a bevy of armored cars/trucks and attack planes/helis into the mix alongside the Rhino and the Lazer. You don't need R* to spoon-feed you a story. They did you one better; they threw you into a story where your antagonist(s) is ever-changing, ever-evolving and all around you. Your particular story is what you make it.

Edited by We Are Ninja

CarimboHanky

our antagonist is R* and their horrible cheap cloud servers!

• Like 2

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

wait 1.5 years

they can do such sh*t, but not fast

The more they try to explain the more they will have to explain. And judging from story mode, stories aren't rockstars strong suit

• Like 2

TableTennisChamp

The more they try to explain the more they will have to explain. And judging from story mode, stories aren't rockstars strong suit

GTA IV, TLaD, TBoGT, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3 and previous Rockstar games IMO had infinitely better stories than GTA V. They had flaws, but they were more compelling especially since they focused on one protagonist rather than 3 which made GTA V's story disjointed and lost steam pretty quickly. I enjoyed GTA V, just thought it wasn't as good as previous titles. But that's not the point. I just would like to see an antagonist for GTA Online. The story doesn't have to be superb or anything or even really exist. I just believe it would be cool to have a remotely interesting and fun antagonist we could compete against.

Would be nice. Don't see it going that direction

Unfortunately, I don't exactly see it going in that direction either due to how Rockstar has handled GTA Online so far. I could dream though. If it ever was implemented, then it would take quite some time.

Edited by AddamHusayin
  • Like 2

GTAO has a very loose "plot", if you even wanna call it that. It's just an open-world sandbox game with various objectives, there's no real story besides the fact that GTAO takes place sometime before the events of GTA V transpire.

GTAO has a very loose "plot", if you even wanna call it that. It's just an open-world sandbox game with various objectives, there's no real story besides the fact that GTAO takes place sometime before the events of GTA V transpire.

This^

From what i can gather, Onlines story is like this...:

You (who you are and where you're from is kinda up to you), met Lamar on Life invader and was invited to LS by him to start a new life there, after racing him and doing chore or two for him, he puts you on to his boss Simione and dealer Gerald, after working for them for a bit Lester and Martin catch wind of your name and start offering you work, i guess you could say you made a name for yourself. At this point Lester see's you have what it takes to preform big jobs and sets you up with a bank job.. Etc

• Like 2

The enemy is our struggle to lay down our sinful demons as the protagonist seeks to put down his/her guns and live a civilian life and the struggle to keep on the lawful path afterward.

2Deep4OP.

• Like 1

In the same way that we have several mission contacts in GTA0, it's conceivable to have one or more "mission antagonists" that cause problems for you. It's not quite as neat and might be hard to fit into the game's mission structure. I would not want it to get annoying like GTA-SA's turf wars sometimes were, where you are on the other side of the map doing something, and then you get a notice that you have to go defend your turf.

• Like 1

Dick Grayson

Currently the evil domestic terrorist Rocksta Nurth is plotting to destroy LS with his KeshKerd conspiracy which will drive the citizens of LS and Blaine County against each other, and it's up to Muteman to save LS and the fate of it's citizens

we'll get the main antagonist when we complete 30 survivals with a hammer and win 450 races with the Karin Snipe

Our character IS the antagonist, if you haven't noticed, GTA doesn't have you playing "the good guy"

• Like 3

TableTennisChamp

The enemy is our struggle to lay down our sinful demons as the protagonist seeks to put down his/her guns and live a civilian life and the struggle to keep on the lawful path afterward.

2Deep4OP.

How so? That's just your interpretation. Pretty simple if you ask me...and cliche if you ask DJ Shadow from Radio Mirror Park. He said it first.

Our character IS the antagonist, if you haven't noticed, GTA doesn't have you playing "the good guy"

Protagonist doesn't necessarily mean good guy, law abiding citizen, who fights against crime. Protagonists are simply main characters AKA us, the players. They can be like Kratos from God of War who is a complete #&$*off and pretty much kills everyone in his way yet he is still the protagonist of the game with Zeus being the antagonist. Micheal, Trevor, and Franklin are the protagonists of GTA V. Does that mean they are good guys? Also I never said we were good guys.

Edited by AddamHusayin

R*'s game servers are the enemy.

• Like 2
fMNTnvL.png

Nope with GTA Online Rockstar only concentrate on the playerbase who dont know what Grand Theft Auto means

Grand Theft Auto Online - ? "Started from the bottom now we're here" story.

Top kek.

Grand Theft Auto Online - ? "Started from the bottom now we're here" story.

Top kek.

The Toppest of keks my good sir

More like all revenge through all of them, if these spoilers derp I'll edit it and remove em but jah

GTA 3 - Catalina

Vice City - Sonny Forrelli

San Andreas - Big Smoke/Tenpenny

LCS - I actually can't remember

VCS - Mendez Cartel

IV - Darko Brevic/Dimitri Rascalov

TBOGT - The Russian Mob

TLAD - The Italian Mob/Boccino

V - Merryweather/That black dude in my pic