2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The xbox one sucks

Mrfishingexpert

Mrfishingexpert

So I got a new Xbox One about a month ago. This is this is a pile of sh*t, I'm not trying to start any war, but I'd like to find out if my xbox one is the only doing this.. About 80% of the time I try to join GTA online, it says "timed out locating gta 5 session, please return to grand theft auto v online and try again later." Wtf?! My Xbox 360 never ever did that. It also randomly disconnects out of sessions for no reason. My 360 never did that. And this thing is slow af! It's not wifi because my 360 and ps3 never disconnected from any session on any game. I'm tempted to take this POS back and get a PS4. My friends brother has GTA on PS4, ad he never has these problems. But my friend has an Xbox One and his also does this sh*t. This thing pisses me off.. My 360 was set up simple, fast, and never had connection problems. My Xbox one is complicated (it has the sh*ttiest UI I've ever seen), slow af, and has a lot of connection problems. On XB1, you have to go through all sorts of sh*t to simply invite a friend to a party (which btw, never works half the time). On 360, you simply press the home button, press the friends name, and invite. And the parties actually worked! Xbox One has party problems. But like I said, I'm not trying to start anything. If you plan to upgrade to a new gen console, go with PS4. I'm probably about to take this Xbox POS sh*t back and get a PS4 so I can actually play GTA..

Edited by Mrfishingexpert

scoobsterinc

PS4 has had these problems as well but now for both consoles it seems to be in the minority now as not many people are getting them now. Most timed out messages are from the heist update now.

muddeprived

So I got a new Xbox One about a month ago. This is this is a pile of sh*t, I'm not trying to start any war, but I'd like to find out if my xbox one is the only doing this.. About 80% of the time I try to join GTA online, it says "timed out locating gta 5 session, please return to grand theft auto v online and try again later." Wtf?! My Xbox 360 never ever did that. It also randomly disconnects out of sessions for no reason. My 360 never did that. And this thing is slow af! It's not wifi because my 360 and ps3 never disconnected from any session on any game. I'm tempted to take this POS back and get a PS4. My friends brother has GTA on PS4, ad he never has these problems. But my friend has an Xbox One and his also does this sh*t. This thing pisses me off.. My 360 was set up simple, fast, and never had connection problems. My Xbox one is complicated (it has the sh*ttiest UI I've ever seen), slow af, and has a lot of connection problems. On XB1, you have to go through all sorts of sh*t to simply invite a friend to a party (which btw, never works half the time). On 360, you simply press the home button, press the friends name, and invite. And the parties actually worked! Xbox One has party problems. But like I said, I'm not trying to start anything. If you plan to upgrade to a new gen console, go with PS4. I'm probably about to take this Xbox POS sh*t back and get a PS4 so I can actually play GTA..

Sorry but the PS4 does the same thing. It drives me friggin nuts to wait so long to reload and reload over and over again. The waiting time between initial menu and when you get online almost makes me want to NOT play by the time I get online. It happens pretty much every other time. Sick of it.

Edited by muddeprived

I have same issues with my 360. Just not the invite stuff. It is simple on 360. Nothing new though for the connection crap. Just happens

Edited by B-Turb0

Exiled Stranger

You need a better router. One that supports IPv4 or IPv6. Also, leave your last online session before turning your system off.

You're welcome.

I don't know mine is working. It's probably rockstar or your internet connection. Either way it's Microsofts fault.

You are probably better off posting this in the Xbox One thread: http://gtaforums.com/topic/746265-official-xbox-one-topic/

Edited by Andreas