3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Aircraft Carrier

TheOddGamerYT

TheOddGamerYT

Don't you guys think we should really get some more Gameplay possibilities on that awesome carrier? I really enjoyed the Hydra Heist part but we were like 7 minutes on the carrier!

It's so beautifully designed and well made, I would like to have time to explore it without the struggle to fail a Heist. I mean, the Carrier even has a control tower interior if you look closely!

Do you guys agree that R* should definitely add the Aircraft Carrier to Free Roam? It would be something like a Water Fort Zancudo and we would also have a good use for our almost useless bought boats.

We would be able to take out the Marines on it, explore the ship for how long we want and be able to steal a Hydra.

In my opinion this would be extremely awesome and would like to hear your opinions on this ;)

There were a hundred threads telling us we'd be able to buy it and store it in our garage!!!

WTF happened???

TheOddGamerYT

There were a hundred threads telling us we'd be able to buy it and store it in our garage!!!

WTF happened???

Wait do you mean the Hydra? You can buy it after the Aircraft Carrier Mission for 3 Million on Warstock
  • Like 2

The thing I don't get is why you need a frikkin Military jet for raiding a chemical lab. And even if you need one, why not just hop over the FZ fences and steal one from there?

GrandMaster Smith

The thing I don't get is why you need a frikkin Military jet for raiding a chemical lab. And even if you need one, why not just hop over the FZ fences and steal one from there?

It was the EMP that was inside the Hydra that you were stealing.. you don't use the jet itself for the heist.

I thought it was a given the ship was going to be in freeroam.. I don't see why they didn't keep it there.

Red Lynx 23

It would be fun for the Aircraft Carrier to have a limited number of soldiers on board, and after they're gone only have to worry about the two Police helicopters, unless you boost the wanted level to NOOSE fast roping onto the deck.

• Like 1

TheOddGamerYT

It would be fun for the Aircraft Carrier to have a limited number of soldiers on board, and after they're gone only have to worry about the two Police helicopters, unless you boost the wanted level to NOOSE fast roping onto the deck.

Yeah :)

Because free Hydras right next to the city with no tanks around wouldn't be a good idea.

The guys who steal fighter jets from the army base and fly them into the city are annoying enough.

WTF happened???

YESSS I WANT AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER IN GARAGE!1!! So then if im stranded out at sea the mechanic can save me!!! Haha i kid

Edited by jtet37

DJ_Dribbles

Keeping the carrier and the cruise ship after their heist completions would have been awesome

Edited by DJ_Dribbles

Anyone notice the aircraft carrier is parked in the same place where North Yankton is secretly hidden?

TheOddGamerYT

Anyone notice the aircraft carrier is parked in the same place where North Yankton is secretly hidden?

Really? Didn't notice that :O

justinlynch3

There won't be free Hydra's, but a alternative location to obtaining Lazers is possible.

Hell, I'd just be satisfied if I could create a TDM on the damn thing.

TheOddGamerYT

We should do a petition for R* to include the carrier in any way in free roam LMAO

If the AC were visible on radar and could be like a gang attack scenario where one player boards it, kills x number of attackers, and gets cash or a plane to fly.

If its like the old AC on GTA 3 (or whatever) then no. No way player could win against that.

So if its not a possible win situation for a player like a gang attack with a payout similar to time spent in a race or survival then whats the point. What would be neat is if it had a missle battery where one could select player x (say in LS), launch and then take him out. This could be for x dollars or taken out of the money earned from boarding the AC, taking out enemy.

Edited by derek0514

Yeah I wonder if people will find a way to make it spawn in free mode like we once did NY.

Yeah I wonder if people will find a way to make it spawn in free mode like we once did NY.

There already is a way.

FrugalDangerMan

Keeping the carrier and the cruise ship after their heist completions would have been awesome

The Cruise ship/luxury yacht is still there in free roam. I was on it last night. It's just that all the doors are closed and windows blacked out, so you cant access or see the interiors.

It'd be pretty badass if they added it to Freeroam, and if they just appeared out of nowhere on the map like armored trucks, with a note saying something like:

"An Aircraft Carrier is currently west of Vespucci Beach, there are useful supplies, equipment, and vehicles on board that can be stolen."

Have them appear in random spots, random times, and anyone who can make it there can get some free ammo, armor nd such, or steal a jet/chopper, but make it so they would still obtain a wanted level. Idk prolly will never happen. Just like when we got the Festive DLC i said Santa shoulda been droppin them special crates with the option to shoot his old ass down lol ahh a guy can dream right?

Furry_Monkey

Hydras will eventually spawn, most likely in the newly opened hangar at Fort Zancudo. I'm not talking days or weeks - I'm talking many, many months. They'll want as many people as possible to shell out $3,000,000 for a private Hydra, and will then introduce it into free roam.

That's just my opinion, and is not based on any facts.

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 1