2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

That dreaded 5%

Iroquois

The 5%  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Have your selection of players ever quarreled over 5%?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If so, how did you deal with it?

• I gave in
    • I shut his ass up
    • I kicked him
  3. 3. Have you ever been the player asking for that 5%?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont feel comfortable answering this question

So long story short, i have a great selection of crew members i use for my heist progress line. 1 of the players has a couple mil, 1 is completely broke and 1 has an average amount (about 500k).

I used their current wealth, how well they did, as well as trying to get everybodys total heist payout to be equal as possible. Those 3 deciding factors i tried to use. As you can guess i tried to give the broke player 5% more than the 2 players who were getting 15%. Everyone agreed. But when the time came and so did the dividend screen, it was chaos. Suddenly, the player with about 500k wanted that 5% the broke player was getting.

Anyways, that 5% for that specific mission was only about 33,000$. That money could have been quickly made back from doing fleeca, or 1 mission + simeon vehicle. The millionaire player didnt mind, which was interesting because he too, realized that its only a small amount and we can that get back quickly...not to mention we can just keep repeating future heists or alternating the payouts. Him and I also agreed on that the the heists are really fun and the money shouldnt be the only reason to do heists.

I dont know, regardless of the scaling factor the heist payouts, i dont think 5% shouldnt be something that ppl should argue about, especially that the said players can host their own heists where they can set their own cuts. Anyways, we did not let that crew member live it down. We keep making 5% (mainly, only, I) jokes at him so often that i think I should have made a meme out of it.

Examples of such jokes i made were, such as:

At heist finale at the strip club: "Wooohh, lets celebrate by drinking these shots of 5% alcohol!"

In freeroam: "Why did you blow up my electric car? Is it because it produces only 5% less emissions?"

Yes, i realize some may sound corny or sh!t, but in the moment, it was hilarious, mainly due to the fact we were quibbering over that dreaded 5%. I had A LOT more, some more hilarious, 5% comebacks, but i forgot about most of them. If i remember anymore, ill post them. Thank you, thank you. Im here all night. "Crickets chirping".

I guess as more and more ppl do heists, itll become more prevalent. I think we should start seeing some Xzibit or LOTR memes. Discuss. Inform of us your 5%'er teammates or any 5% jokes you may have come up with.

Edited by Iroquois

CrysisAverted

Heists are meant to be played among friends, besides all this crap about heists paying out, Rooftop Rumble used to pay out just as much in way less the time

• Like 3

If everyone gets the same equal cut, there are no reasons to bitch about it. If the poor player demands more because he gets the same cut as the rich, you, as leader, can simply tell him to take it or leave it. I don't have my own crew yet for heists (I also need a high-end apartment) but when I do I won't put up with immature sh*t like that. At the end of the day it's a game but the least amount of bullsh*t that happens, the better.

*sorry, no actual %5 jokes/funny moments/Youtube montage - I don't play with people who divide up money differently for everyone.

Heists are meant to be played among friends, besides all this crap about heists paying out, Rooftop Rumble used to pay out just as much in way less the time

Rooftop Rumble is also way more boring and feels more like a job than having fun. No thanks.

• Like 6

Murciélago

Rooftop Rumble is also way more boring and feels more like a job than having fun. No thanks.

Rooftop Rumble is fun. I go in the garage and... "Bam, you'll get shot, amigo"- Trevor Philips.

i hate that one asshole who won't start or will leave and ruin it for everyone if i don't give 20%

I don't find its common for people to underpay. Then again, I find it uncommon to get into any actual heist but fleeca

Mr. Crowley

Broken poll is broken...

Ever fought over 5%?

No

How did you deal with it?

....wut?...

• Like 2

Some people don't deserve the power given to them.

An equal share is what's right for everyone, including host. Each get 25% at the end. That's how I do it, and my friends do the same. If my friends were greedy assholes, they wouldn't be on my friend list.

• Like 2

Not to mention glitched as f*ck.

The first and last heist I'll ever do is Fleeca. Lester's car my team member was driving ended up falling through the godamn street pavement just before the entrance to my safe house garage.

Seeing more crying games over at RGSC about ppl getting $0 payouts, being kicked without notice while on heist missions, can't login/access heists in safe houses, being trapped inside ppl safe houses et cetera, et cetera....

New feature is simply too much of a hassle to be worth the money TBH. Completely overrated, overhyped, and now overbugged as hell. Can't imagine how much creative fun heists will be once ppl get tired of it and begin trolling in the missions.

Daily Challenge isn't paying out the $25k as advertised. And now the update appears to be screwing with previously working missions and activities as well. Best working feature of this update so far is the similar missions you get after missions. Finally allows ppl to continuously play the sort of missions they want faster.

So I'll be sticking to survivals and my guaranteed $100k payout after a 3+ 10 wave streak. :lol:

Edited by PkUnzipper

TeammateHelper

I'm not seeing what 5% you're talking about. Can you give me the percentage breakdown?

Strange Town

I have 10 millions dollars. I'm not gonna cry for 5%, but I don't want to be paid like sh*t while you favor the rest of the members. And I play heists more for the fun.

HirsuteDave

I got trolled hard earlier on the humane labs heist.

I only managed to join the crew for the Valkyrie mission but I did reasonably well (there's only so much you can do as a door gunner when the pilot favours the other gunner) so when the finale invite popped up I thought I'd get a reasonable cut. Cue the leader dropping my cut to 5%.... and then 0% just before launching.

I get that you might be playing with friends but that's just a dick move. Oddly enough, I quit as soon as I could.

• Like 1

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

i hate that one asshole who won't start or will leave and ruin it for everyone if i don't give 20%

Then give the 20 percent or make some friends...its that simple

• Like 1

Heists are great when played with friends. I've only attempted heists with randoms a few times and every time someone has either:

Died repeatedly (once or twice I can understand, but I would have thought that by then you could maybe try a different strategy, rather than running in like an idiot).

Trolled (the usual stick bomb other players/the objective/yourself sh*t).

Tried to take all the cut (setting other players cut to 5% or zero. I understand the leader gets more as they paid the setup costs but no way should they get over 60%. There should have been a cap at 75% so everyone at least gets 5%).

If it is random players i don't know, i probably would give everyone 25%. But if i know the crew better i might give the lower rank player 5% to that player if the other players let me do so.

awesomefoot

I've only hosted the Fleeca job. I gave the other guy 50% since I didn't invest anything.

That being said, when I do get around to hosting the jobs, I'll likely give everyone 25% even. If someone wants more, then someone else better offer to give them part of ther cut.

EEDDDWWWAARRRD

I think a 20% cut is fair for the grunts, but I've seen people trying to calculate a player's cut based of first time bonuses and such, which is just bogus.

If your lower than level 30, your getting 20% or lower. Only way your getting around it is if you have a mic. The amount of Lower level guys doing heists without a mic is astonishing and they should be grateful thay they aren't getting kicked from friends or my games.

Wildfire_08

My crew members & I have run the first 4 heists together & there was a quarrel over the % in the first heist, but once it was sorted it remained the same for each heist.

I am the heist leader for each one, so I take 10%, & they all take 30%. Originally I was going to take 0% but the quarrel was over which 2 out of the 3 players would get the extra 5% each, so instead I took 10% to pay for the setup.

Broken poll is broken...

Ever fought over 5%?

No

How did you deal with it?

....wut?...

"If so, how did you deal with it?"

I dont know...should i paint it a different color? Or does the combination of "If so" create an optical illusion where it becomes hard to see or invisible.....?

Edited by Iroquois