2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Character Appearance Fix

Stephen

What's up everyone. I normally don't make threads unless it's necessary, and I hope this one will help everyone out who has experienced an unexpected plastic surgery after the patch was installed. For those of you who know about this, it doesn't apply to you. But for people who are unaware about this, follow this you tube guide, it's very easy, just follow the steps to the tee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=macKAsOES8k

I'm not one to promote any sort of you tubers, but this is probably the most useful GTA video I have ever come across

In case there are skeptics here's a few pictures below

First picture below was from my transfer in November when I was rank 216, as you know you're only allowed one mugshot.

23vdbh3.jpg

Second picture below is the same character rank 353, after I fixed the catastrophe the patch had created.

2cy5ite.jpg

You won't loose anything, just stick to the same gender, should take you an hr tops if you haven't created a second character.

It works, I was a little hesitant myself. But waiting for a fix from R* could take months. I get sick of their generic responses to everything. My collectors edition content still isn't available for free online and this has been going on since the PS4/XB1 launch. That ticket is 4 months old, so I've pretty much lost my patience with their customer support.

_MessenJah_

Apparently R* fixed the issue - https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204304108

Question: Once I installed the latest update, my character in GTA Online changed appearance or gender. How can I resolve this issue?

Updated 3/11/15: This issue has now been resolved. To restore your original character appearance, please follow these steps:

• Enter GTAV and load into Story Mode
  • Pause the game
  • Highlight the “ONLINE” tab
  • Choose “Choose Character”
  • Select your affected character

Once you re-enter GTA Online, your original character appearance will be restored. If you are still experiencing issues with your character’s appearance, please submit a request to our team for individual assistance.

Edited by c0pkillr

Apparently R* fixed the issue - https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204304108

Question: Once I installed the latest update, my character in GTA Online changed appearance or gender. How can I resolve this issue?

Updated 3/11/15: This issue has now been resolved. To restore your original character appearance, please follow these steps:

• Enter GTAV and load into Story Mode
  • Pause the game
  • Highlight the “ONLINE” tab
  • Choose “Choose Character”
  • Select your affected character

Once you re-enter GTA Online, your original character appearance will be restored. If you are still experiencing issues with your character’s appearance, please submit a request to our team for individual assistance.

This will work until your wear a mask.

^^That fix didn't do anything for me and many many others in the same boat. Well looks like I'm staying away from the heist masks as they seem to be one of the causes of this.

• Like 1

I'll wait for Rockstar to fix it. They most likely won't though. It's just sad and pathetic that they don't fix sh*t like this, yet they fix non-harming glitches.

• Like 2

UPDATE:

In reference to what Lazerbox mentioned the masks are somewhat the cause of it. I cycled through all the masks I've bought, the first time I wound up with some weird rash on my face. I exited out of the game before the cloud save, re-entered the game my face was fine. I cycled through the masks again this time nothing happened my face wasn't altered at all. The masks are one part of the problem, I wonder if playing a heist adds fuel to the fire, because I only noticed the facial deformities after I completed the Fleeca heist. I haven't done anymore since.

@ PG

I hear ya man their customer support is beyond pathetic, but if you get tired of waiting you know where to find this thread, and it does work with no conflict.

Edited by SteveNYC81

yeah i fixed my face yesterday but i guess it will just keep happening as i just spawned in freeroam and it happened again..

Lord_Commodus

I noticed that the mask use a defalt face on your character tell you take it off, and i think that when you go in and out of lobbys a few times with a mask it keeps that defalt face under the mask.(I noticed that my characters eye shape was changing when i put on i mask.)

Edited by Lord_Commodus

I noticed that the mask use a defalt face on your character tell you take it off, and i think that when you go in and out of lobbys a few times with a mask it keeps that defalt face under the mask.(I noticed that my characters eye shape was changing when i put on i mask.)

It's definitely a weird bug, but at least I have an option to fix it in case I get the unexpected Joan Rivers makeover again.

on 360 here and I just go to the swap character menu and select my character again and it fixes it. but the NEW mask are the cause of this. if I wear masks we had before this my face doesnt get messed up. so during heist I don't put my mask on or I only put on an old mask if you really have to. hope this helps some,

• Like 4

ObviouslyHim

I submitted a ticket due to the steps they said 'resolve' this issue did not work for me. They gave me the EXACT response a few hours later on how to resolve the issue even though I had stated clearly the steps did not work for me. I send 2 more ticket replies over a day ago with no response.

on 360 here and I just go to the swap character menu and select my character again and it fixes it. but the NEW mask are the cause of this. if I wear masks we had before this my face doesnt get messed up. so during heist I don't put my mask on or I only put on an old mask if you really have to. hope this helps some,

That fix only works if you catch the problem early. If you leave the game or have multiple cloud saves the swapping method which R* posted doesn't work. I tried the swapping about 15 times until I gave up and came across this. But like yourself and others have said the masks are bad news.

Edited by SteveNYC81

when you see your character in the swap character screen does he/she look like his/her original self or the messed up self?

• Like 3

when you see your character in the swap character screen does he/she look like his/her original self or the messed up self?

When I tried swap method yesterday it looked normal in the character selection screen. But when it loaded into the game it didn't fix anything, still had the Joan Rivers treatment.

Don't you have to wear a mask for a heist?

Don't you have to wear a mask for a heist?

I've only been able to complete 2/5 heist so far, but so far wearing a mask was only mandatory for the final fleeca bank mission. otherwise I just ignore the prompt to put on a mask to save my face. but starting from now until rockstar fixes this, i'll only wear the previous mask we had before the update since they dont seem to glitch your face.

Edited by V4S
  • Like 4

ObviouslyHim

Messed up self.

The fix I came up with on the 360 worked well, but apparently only for female characters:

Put on a hat and sunglasses (remove them and re-equip if you're already wearing 1 or both). Exit to singe-player, then return to GTAO. You could then take off the hat and glasses if you wanted and she was still fine, but trying to change tops, pants, or shoes instantly brought the problem back. Thankfully by Tuesday night the problem seemed to be permanently fixed--at least for me.

My male character still hasn't got his facepaint back, tho (but it still shows up on the character selection screen)...

The fix I came up with on the 360 worked well, but apparently only for female characters:

Put on a hat and sunglasses (remove them and re-equip if you're already wearing 1 or both). Exit to single-player, then return to GTAO. You could then take off the hat and glasses if you wanted and she was still fine, but trying to change tops, pants, or shoes instantly brought the problem back. Thankfully by Tuesday night the problem seemed to be permanently fixed--at least for me.

My male character still hasn't got his facepaint back, tho (but it still shows up on the character selection screen)...

Let me ask you something. Were those tops, pants, or shoes heist related items ? Or was it everything in your wardrobe ? Glad too see you found something that worked. Hopefully this is the last time I'll have to re-edit my characters appearance. I'm also wondering too if this new save your outfit feature is another cause of it.

Put on a hat and sunglasses (remove them and re-equip if you're already wearing 1 or both). Exit to single-player, then return to GTAO. You could then take off the hat and glasses if you wanted and she was still fine, but trying to change tops, pants, or shoes instantly brought the problem back. Thankfully by Tuesday night the problem seemed to be permanently fixed--at least for me.

Let me ask you something. Were those tops, pants, or shoes heist related items ? Or was it everything in your wardrobe ? Glad too see you found something that worked. Hopefully this is the last time I'll have to re-edit my characters appearance. I'm also wondering too if this new save your outfit feature is another cause of it.

I'm not sure if they were new heist items, but I don't think they were. I also hadn't been trying on any of the new masks, either. It was kind of funny, actually: I hadn't played in a few months, and I fired up GTAO Tuesday morning, went straight to Lester's, and as soon as the cutscene started I was just like "Daammnnn... I know it's been a while, but I remembered my character actually being kind of attractive, not... this." It was definitely a relief to come here a couple of hours later and discover that it wasn't my imagination, and tons of other people were having problems, too...

• Like 1