Max Payne 1 & 2 from Remedy Entertainment

Onett

So apparently Max Payne 3 is a little mod-able.

A character swap mod (for Passos, and maybe Max?)

A texture mod.

and there are also some sound mods

There are also a mod which changes Max in campaign mode to the Max Payne 1 max

http://www.moddb.com/mods/max-payne-1-max-in-campaign

and some lads have been making some mods here

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1251342&page=20

• Like 3

Seriously though, I can relate a lot, I mean a lot to Max, we're both really depressed, hopeless, addicted to a drink (mine's non-alcoholic though) and sh*t out of luck. It's just a matter of time before I get addicted to drugs.

Since I started playing the first game I loved it and played 2 then 3 now I also think like Max Payne, having dark thoughts, thinking in metaphors and stuff sometimes, He's just really awesome and badass.

On a totally unrelated note, Somehow Max Payne 3's atmosphere reminds me a little about Bully, I don't know why but especially the music, it kinda reminds me of Bully and The Warriors.

Then I forgot Bully and Max Payne 3 is made by the same studio...

• Like 2

Seriously though, I can relate a lot, I mean a lot to Max, we're both really depressed, hopeless, addicted to a drink (mine's non-alcoholic though) and sh*t out of luck. It's just a matter of time before I get addicted to drugs.

Since I started playing the first game I loved it and played 2 then 3 now I also think like Max Payne, having dark thoughts, thinking in metaphors and stuff sometimes, He's just really awesome and badass.

On a totally unrelated note, Somehow Max Payne 3's atmosphere reminds me a little about Bully, I don't know why but especially the music, it kinda reminds me of Bully and The Warriors.

Unlike Max, you only have one life. So don't do hard drugs if you can. And I didn't know the same dudes that did Bully did MP3.... That is dope! I loved skateboarding in bully so much, wish that woulda been in V.

It's sad we won't see another Max Payne game though.

Unlike Max, you only have one life. So don't do hard drugs if you can. And I didn't know the same dudes that did Bully did MP3.... That is dope! I loved skateboarding in bully so much, wish that woulda been in V.

Why? Did it not sell well?

I'd probably get addicted to antideppresants or maybe just painkillers like Max.

EDIT: Oh, and this

Edited by Prince Gumball
  • Like 6

Did you play the 3rd game?

Yeah, I have.

ClaudeSpeed1911

I'd probably get addicted to antideppresants or maybe just painkillers like Max.

EDIT: Oh, and this

"The cold water rained on me like a million of bullet shots piercing through my body, they were all dead, every one of them. The final drop was the final string of a macabre symphony which would repeat itself for hundreds of years to come. Only now they realised that the water was not any water but the water of a thousand tears, ice cold from the dead."

Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911
  • Like 4

Yeah, I have.

But you didn't finish it yet. Do me a favor; finish the game, don't look the ending up on Youtube, and then ask yourself if there's going to be a Max Payne 4.

Yeah, I have.

But you didn't finish it yet. Do me a favor; finish the game, don't look the ending up on Youtube, and then ask yourself if there's going to be a Max Payne 4.

I have played through the game and got to ending. Oh, goddamnit. *facepalms* Yeah, I get why there ain't going to to be an MP4. Guess they shouldn't really, things tend to be best in trilogy's.

• 2 weeks later...
hasidichomeboy

i'm playing through the game for the first time on Xbox, and so far it it is simply amazing. the story is great, the gameplay is awesome. only problem is that it gets a little choppy on the Xbox version, but other then that, great game.

i'm playing through the game for the first time on Xbox, and so far it it is simply amazing. the story is great, the gameplay is awesome. only problem is that it gets a little choppy on the Xbox version, but other then that, great game.

You'll enjoy the trilogy if you play through them all.

Trust me, it's worse on the PS2 version.

Max Payne + Manhunt?

An awesome concept about the Nightmare levels if they had a whole game about that theme.

I think if a Max Payne 4 was to be made, it'll be about finishing the problem with the De Marcos or maybe Winterson's blind son trying to get revenge on Max.

Favorite chapter of Max's life?

mine would be when he meets Mona

#KeepLeviBanned

#RestInPeaceXYN

#IchLiebeDichBitch

#FarewellUGotSmokedWeWon'tMissYou

#GoodbyeDan30CalSeeYouInHell

Favorite chapter of Max's life?

mine would be when he meets Mona

Probably when he was working on the cleaners' case. There were so many questions left unanswered, but I felt like that was the only part in the whole trilogy where Max was like a person with no problems. At least, not huge ones.

"I chased lesser mysteries. Other people's crimes."

• Like 2

I'd have to say the end of Max Payne 3. Not exactly a chapter, but after all the sh*t Max Payne went through since the original, it was a nice change of tone sending him off on a sunny beach. Since the previous two games ended with more questions than answers in some ways.

• Like 4

Alpha Demigod

Max_Payne_3_by_alexeybell.jpg

I'm not hater but sadly , true story :/

I read that in his voice.

• Like 2

Alpha Demigod

For those who want Max Payne 2 gameplay in Max Payne 2

http://www.moddb.com/mods/payne-evolution

It's awesome, really

holy crap that looks awesome. I did like the atmosphere of 2 but after the next-gen gameplay of 3 there was no way I could play it.

Hopefully this mod fixes that, and is as functional as it is ambitious.

Thanks for sharing.

• 4 weeks later...

I Bought Max Payne Mobile tonight from Google's play store and it seems alright so far only played the 1st chapter and killed 3 bad guys, touch screen controls are going to get hard to get used too.

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

My favorite video Game character,I like all 3 games but the second is my favorite because Max and Mona scenes and the fall of Vlad.Also I love the first and I beat the third four times:Hard,Hardcore,OldSchool and NYM

Max Payne RULES

• Like 2

The epilogue to Max Payne 3. I'll say no more.

The INTRO to Max Payne 3. I could say so much about it....I posted a wall of text (my interpretation of it) about it when it came out. Could be found somewhere on steamforums.

It is highly professional storytelling through cutscenes. The way it wraps up what had happened so far, the direction it's taking from thereon. just, GAT-DAMN!

I can't understand how people disliked the 3rd part and said it is 'no longer a true Max Payne'. Philistines!

• Like 3

PS4 - Henry_Yo

----------------------

JUSTICE FOR THE BENZ!

• 3 weeks later...

I watched Prisoners a few days ago, and Jake Gyllenhaal plays a detective in this movie and I must say he looks like Max Payne (2)

adada-1.png

ada.png

Edited by Prince Gumball
  • Like 2

it just occured to me that within the PS4 era, a continuation of the Max Payne series should be a given. I'd totally buy that game. GTA V was the selling point for me to buy the PS4 already, even though it's future games that have my attention. The next Red Dead title, a naughty dog game (not necessarily uncharted 4), and Max Payne 4 is what I'm looking forward to.

I'm pretty sure R* will get it right! The voice of Max is still alive, story can go anywhere....it's all set really!

PS4 - Henry_Yo

----------------------

JUSTICE FOR THE BENZ!