Max Payne 1 & 2 from Remedy Entertainment

Onett

ClaudeSpeed1911

Since Max Payne 3 is on rage engine wouldn't it be possible to make a mod with Max 1 and 2 story?

The game had almost no cutscenes from what I remember.

ClaudeSpeed1911

Sadly, Max Payne 3 isn't mod friendly, which sucks.

That's a shame would have been awsome to play them with MP3 mechanics.

And I'd probably say he should go f*ck himself.

On another note, those f*ckers at R* know how to hide stuff. Can't find golden guns for f*ck's sake. Then again, maybe I'm better off without them. Hate the look when they're golden.

You do know you can turn off the golden guns in the settings, and you still have unlimited ammo.

QELXDiM.jpg

FilthyEsquire

And I'd probably say he should go f*ck himself.

On another note, those f*ckers at R* know how to hide stuff. Can't find golden guns for f*ck's sake. Then again, maybe I'm better off without them. Hate the look when they're golden.

They aren't too hard to find. I completed the task on my third play through. I took my time on the game. Luckily the pieces aren't in lockers and stuff. That would have sucked.

If I had home internet I'd be up for it. Stuck on phone data for now. :(

Game off the hot spot... I've done it on the road... MANY TIMES!! Even on GTA online.

I'm down we should ban together to play online. Luckily the game is online because I switched my hard drive out for a solid state drive, and don't have my single player stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Got 3 4 days ago, and I'm blown away by it. Easily my game of the decade so far.

I mean the gunplay is fantastic, ammo and painkillers are scarce and you can't just LERRRRROY into a room, you have to be fast on the trigger and plan sh*t out.

Currently in the airport, gunning everyone down, while Tears is playing in the background.

Wish me luck, this looks hard.

• Like 2

Doing my 3rd play through on old school mode, free aim, doing well so far. I noticed the other day, in the cemetery mission when you get captured by De Marco, the scene has that eerie crying baby sound from the nightmare mission in Max Payne 1. Felt like a blast from the past to me.

Doing my 3rd play through on old school mode, free aim, doing well so far. I noticed the other day, in the cemetery mission when you get captured by De Marco, the scene has that eerie crying baby sound from the nightmare mission in Max Payne 1. Felt like a blast from the past to me.

I'm there as well. Old school, chapter 5. Pretty f*cking difficult, even on PC. Damn boats :(

I f*cking hated those nightmare levels. Disturbing and atmospheric? Yeah. Frustrating? Yep.

• Like 2

I f*cking hated those nightmare levels. Disturbing and atmospheric? Yeah. Frustrating? Yep.

Exactly ! It was that I thought Max Payne series was a horror series.

^You just noticed that?

Yup lol, I have no idea how I missed it, guess I wasn't paying attention to the sound on my last play throughs. Still, it was pretty cool Rockstar threw that in for all the original Max Payne fans.

^You just noticed that?

Yup lol, I have no idea how I missed it, guess I wasn't paying attention to the sound on my last play throughs. Still, it was pretty cool Rockstar threw that in for all the original Max Payne fans.When I first played I noticed it a little. Still cool how they included it. Made me think of how great MP1 is.

QELXDiM.jpg

^You just noticed that?

Yup lol, I have no idea how I missed it, guess I wasn't paying attention to the sound on my last play throughs. Still, it was pretty cool Rockstar threw that in for all the original Max Payne fans.
When I first played I noticed it a little. Still cool how they included it. Made me think of how great MP1 is.I don't think I ever noticed this. Have to check it out. But MP1 is great.
  • Like 1

^You just noticed that?

When I first played I noticed it a little. Still cool how they included it. Made me think of how great MP1 is.My exact thoughts, got an instant flash back of me throwing my controller at the wall because I'd fall off the very thin blood trail. God that level pissed me off, but now I notice how great it was. Edited by Stormingz
  • Like 1

^You just noticed that?

When I first played I noticed it a little. Still cool how they included it. Made me think of how great MP1 is.

My exact thoughts, got an instant flash back of me throwing my controller at the wall because I'd fall of the very thin blood trail. God that level pissed me off, but now I notice how great it was.

The first one wasn't so bad, but the second one, with all the blood mazes pissed me off. But what an atmosphere.

Hmmm nice bike

The first one wasn't so bad, but the second one, with all the blood mazes pissed me off. But what an atmosphere.

I really hated that blood maze, it was like walking a tightrope and it didn't help that the framerate on the console version would seriously slow down during that part. Good thing Max Payne 2's nightmare maze was just an apartment hallway that couldn't kill you or scream at you.

I really hated that blood maze, it was like walking a tightrope and it didn't help that the framerate on the console version would seriously slow down during that part. Good thing Max Payne 2's nightmare maze was just an apartment hallway that couldn't kill you or scream at you.That's good to know.

I was thinking of getting Max Payne 3. I have heard mixed opinions about it. Is it good?

Most people don't like it because it loses the noir aspect. But that doesn't make it a bad game. He still Max Payne but looks more like James McCaffrey.

PM me if you want more answers.

Most people who didn't like it felt that way because the game was much more linear and guided than the first two, such as forced cutscenes mid way. I remember when he was sneaking up on Serrano and he bumps into a f*cking barrel. I get that 'oh max is old and clumsy', but it felt really artificial.

Secondly, I personally didn't like how they pretty much obliterated the story of the second game with 'mona was just grief lol' and the complete removal of any acceptance of the secret society aspect of the first two games.

Having said that, I still enjoyed max Payne 3 overall, the story was interesting and the writing was okay. The gameplay was really great too, as were the graphics and art style. I didn't care too much about the removal of the comic book cutscenes, just when they were in the middle of the game.

Hmmm nice bike

Lol.

Garry's Mod is one heck of a thing.

• Like 2

Lol.

Ah, Garry's Mod, when will you ever stop being funny?

Can just say that the MP1 model for Max looks f*cking terrifying in HD?

Edited by Onett

Hmmm nice bike
Can just say that the MP1 model for Max looks f*cking terrifying in HD?

maxresdefault.jpg

Max Face

Ah, that bee sting face, why can't we just use the original model from MP1 rather than the bee sting remade one? The MP2 Max model looks good though, very nice if you use them on the chapter where they attack Max's apartment, reminds me a lot of MP2.

I wish I can slow down time and shootdodge like Max...

• Like 2

Ah, that bee sting face, why can't we just use the original model from MP1 rather than the bee sting remade one? The MP2 Max model looks good though, very nice if you use them on the chapter where they attack Max's apartment, reminds me a lot of MP2.

I wish I can slow down time and shootdodge like Max...

The MP2 one is really well done, never tried it when they attack his apartment, I probably should.

Trust me, you ain't the only one who wishes he had bullet time/shootdodge.

• Like 1