2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Max Payne 1 & 2 from Remedy Entertainment

Onett

This is just getting me hyped for when I get it. You know you can switch Last Stand off right?

It's gonna be one hell of a ride, brother. A good one.

I swear to god to I have this line etched into my memory "hey what can you do Vinnie da boss, but half of da time he's to busy playin wit his toys".

"He was trying to buy more sand for his hourglass. I wasn't selling any."

• Like 2

3 was a really fun game. The gameplay is amazing. The graphics were nice. What deterred me from going back and replaying the story many times through is the cutscenes. It really is too bad you cannot skip them.

They haven't released it for Xbox yet? Damn.

OT: I noticed something in the PC version, in the intro it was the WTC as part of the skyline, and the consoles don't. Thought it was wired that it would be kept in one version and not the other.

Red dead revolver for Xbox 360. LoL, what'd you think I meant.Max Payne 1 was released on July 2001 for PC. Xbox and PS2 version came out after 9/11, in December.

spacer.png

They haven't released it for Xbox yet? Damn.

OT: I noticed something in the PC version, in the intro it was the WTC as part of the skyline, and the consoles don't. Thought it was wired that it would be kept in one version and not the other.

Red dead revolver for Xbox 360. LoL, what'd you think I meant.
Max Payne 1 was released on July 2001 for PC. Xbox and PS2 version came out after 9/11, in December.Oh, right. Thanks.

3 was a really fun game. The gameplay is amazing. The graphics were nice. What deterred me from going back and replaying the story many times through is the cutscenes. It really is too bad you cannot skip them.

As I said above, longer cutscenes cannot be skipped, but the smaller ones (for example the ones where Max plants the C4's) can be skipped, as long as you have a decent PC. But I see where you're coming from.

• Like 2

The cutscenes are the loading screens, that's why you can't skip them...

Ahh yeah, forgot that was the reason we couldn't skip. Still though If I wanted to play through the game again at a fast pace it would take about 2 1/2 to 3 hours extra because of cutscenes.

Edited by NYC PATROL
  • Like 2

I gotta admit, even though the cutscenes didn't bother me, there were moments where I mashed the ENTER button in hope of getting to gameplay.

Since this thread is dedicated to Max Payne just wanted to point out that Max Payne 1 is currently on sale on PSN as well as Max Payne 3/Complete Edition/Rockstar Pass.

Decided to snag the complete edition, already owned the game on PS3 before giving it to my friend last year, also bought it on PC... loved it so much that I decided to buy it a 3rd time lol, and yes I can afford to do that.

Max Payne 3 was the most underrated of them all IMO because of the lack of attention given to it, because of a specific game :/ Sucks because you can tell R* put a lot of work into it, probably more than most games they put out and that's saying a lot.

• Like 5
948185.png

Since this thread is dedicated to Max Payne just wanted to point out that Max Payne 1 is currently on sale on PSN as well as Max Payne 3/Complete Edition/Rockstar Pass.

Decided to snag the complete edition, already owned the game on PS3 before giving it to my friend last year, also bought it on PC... loved it so much that I decided to buy it a 3rd time lol, and yes I can afford to do that.

Max Payne 3 was the most underrated of them all IMO because of the lack of attention given to it, because of a specific game :/ Sucks because you can tell R* put a lot of work into it, probably more than most games they put out and that's saying a lot.

I actually bought 1 and 2 on PS2, but yeah, I think 3 is pretty underrated.

Wayne Daniels

The cutscenes are the loading screens, that's why you can't skip them...

Ahh yeah, forgot that was the reason we couldn't skip. Still though If I wanted to play through the game again at a fast pace it would take about 2 1/2 to 3 hours extra because of cutscenes.I would rather that in games than a loading screen, but then again what other games now days have such in depth stories and cutscenes where they need to be so long? but yeah it should register if you have completed the story once giving you option to skip them the second time around. Edited by gta_aus

Too bad not much stuff has been made for modding Max Payne 3, imagine if we could mod them like the 1st and 2nd games, that'll be sweet.

• Like 2

Just finished the game.

It was fantastic.

• Like 3

Algonquin Assassin

Max Payne 3 is a brilliant game. From the juicy shooting mechanics, the sheer brutality to the authentic feel of the Sao Paulo and New Jersey.

It's a shame it never got the appreciation it deserved due to GTA V at the time. My only major gripe with it is I thought it was un-necessary to add cutscenes to the arcade modes. That was annoying.

Other than that it's definitely one of my favourite third person shooters.

As for 1 and 2 I remember having the original on my PS2 years ago, but lent it to a friend and never got it back. :/

Never got the chance to play 2, but I could always get them both off of PSN.

Max Payne 3 is a brilliant game. From the juicy shooting mechanics, the sheer brutality to the authentic feel of the Sao Paulo and New Jersey.

It's a shame it never got the appreciation it deserved due to GTA V at the time. My only major gripe with it is I thought it was un-necessary to add cutscenes to the arcade modes. That was annoying.

Other than that it's definitely one of my favourite third person shooters.

As for 1 and 2 I remember having the original on my PS2 years ago, but lent it to a friend and never got it back. :/

You should get both.
  • Like 2

FilthyEsquire

I was thinking of getting Max Payne 3. I have heard mixed opinions about it. Is it good?

As a HUGE Max Payne fan, I let the different setting and reviews sway me to wait over a year to finally purchase MP3 when it was 9 bucks. It was worth 60 bucks. The online was GREAT too! I have played through the story three times and counting. I've played it as much as any other Max Payne.

• Like 2

Get on that...now.

• Like 2

FilthyEsquire

I feel like crap for not purchasing this game day one. And Onett I could send you one of my copies of MP3... (Jokes, but I could if I wanted to.)

I love the band Health because of this game. The one liners that Max delivers in multiplayer always make me laugh...

"They were people of their word." LOL!!

Baseball bat boy? OMG!!

After I beat this game, I went out and purchased everything Max Payne I could find. Pill box, shirt, Soundtrack, comic. I loved Max payne one when it first dropped, and same with 2, but three is my favorite hands down.

I would love remakes of the first two games.

• Like 1

It's an 11 and you know it, Th3MaN1.

Motherf*cking mind reader.

Just finished the game.

It was fantastic.

On a scale of 1 to 10?

10/10, definitely. It's MY game of the generation, so suck it, The Last of Us.

• Like 4

Algonquin Assassin

Just finished the game.

It was fantastic.

On a scale of 1 to 10?

Redx would be fuming if he could see this post.

• Like 3

Just finished the game.

It was fantastic.

On a scale of 1 to 10?

Redx would be fuming if he could see this post.

I'd kill to see his post against mine.

• Like 1

And I'd probably say he should go f*ck himself.

On another note, those f*ckers at R* know how to hide stuff. Can't find golden guns for f*ck's sake. Then again, maybe I'm better off without them. Hate the look when they're golden.

I know right? I only have like 3 or 4 guns completed. I also don't like the look of them. Plus it's weird that they don't stay gold during cutscenes.

I know right? I only have like 3 or 4 guns completed. I also don't like the look of them. Plus it's weird that they don't stay gold during cutscenes.

I had the same problem with RDR, strangely it had a bunch of DLC on the disc, including a golden revolver and rifle. I hated them.

I've got the two revolvers and the G6 Commando on golden. Through the extended mags are welcome for me, and I read somewhere that the guns get an increase in damage if they are golden.

Edited by Th3MaN1