Max Payne 1 & 2 from Remedy Entertainment

Onett

On 7/1/2023 at 6:52 AM, H-G said:

While y'all wait for the remakes, let's have a look at what Remedy themselves originally planned for the franchise had they not sold it off to R*:

-snip-

Typical YouTube chump who likes the sound of their own voice while chasing ad-revenue. Nine minutes of saying "Remedy hasn't talked about their version of Max Payne 3 much" over and over again, just to show a couple tweets from one of the 3D Realms guys saying it would have been a quadrilogy, and that the Valkyr/military conspiracy was a possible idea for the third while also taking place in the summer.

Does raise an interesting thought. If the game took place in the summer, what would Remedy's design for summer Max look like? The jacket is iconic, but I can't see him running around in it in the summer heat. Unless like the other two games it took place at night, where it's a bit cooler.

God damn, this sh*t lives rent free in my head. I will never not be upset that we never got to see Remedy's Max Payne 3 and 4. I pray that one day they just go full tongue-in-cheek and release an Alex Casey 3 game.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

They probably chose New York as Alan Wake's dark place with the Payne remakes in mind, would imagine lot of assets can be reused

Graphics will surely be on point

Darth_Cruiser

when are these coming out? any new updates?

4 hours ago, Darth_Cruiser said:

when are these coming out? any new updates?

The latest update: 

Max Payne 1&2 remake’s proof-of-concept stage, which started in the first quarter, has begun well. The project has made solid progress overall. The development team continues building on the solid foundation it has established.

"One of those projects that will expand in 2023 as we get people freeing up from Alan Wake 2"

probably 2026

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the anticipation of the upcoming Max Payne remakes, and being a huge MP fan myself, I've collected these lost music tracks from very early development stages of the first game from Teque's official website (www.teque.planet-d.net) and archived them for all to discover!

Edited by H-G

On 9/10/2023 at 8:26 PM, Bigglo145 said:

What are you guys expecting from this? Do you think theyd ever make a open world max payne?

Don't think it can work with those 2 old ones, if you mean for a new Max Payne game (I don't remember if the story is even completed) is that really needed? You can't make it open worldtbh, it's story/gameplay was linear. We have GTA series for that right? We might see them go to many more locations outside of US they know players want other cities.

Max Payne 3 had some a bit more open areas like with São Paulo, to give the feel as if it is open world but wasn't, that's all to it. For open world city, we have GTAs for that. If you make it open world you will just have to make it use different vehicles and shoot pedestrians, that will just make it like GTA no? Was not the point of it and just doesn't fit if you think about it, you get what I mean.

With these remakes they could make the city areas have a lot more details, feel a lot more alive. I don't really remember them well though, last I played them was in 2012/2013.

Edited by 44Orca
  • Realistic Steak! 1

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

9 hours ago, H-G said:

In the anticipation of the upcoming Max Payne remakes, and being a huge MP fan myself, I've collected these lost music tracks from very early development stages of the first game from Teque's official website (www.teque.planet-d.net) and archived them for all to discover!

You know all about extra content of Rockstar games don't you

On 9/30/2023 at 11:04 AM, H-G said:
On 9/26/2023 at 3:49 PM, H-G said:

If these are the standards Remedy have set, no wonder that it'll be a BLAST (go to 1:15 if timestamp fails):

Expand  

You could have muted the video and told me it's John Wick meeting Max Payne and I'd have believed it.

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/remedy-provides-updates-on-control-2-and-max-payne-remake/

“Max Payne 1&2 remake progressed into the production readiness stage. We have gained clarity on the style and scope of the game, and we have an exceptionally well-organized team working on it. With these accomplishments, we are excited about the project and its future success.”

So it seems like either Max Payne remakes or Condor will be the next release from Remedy.

They don't even know whether they'll keep Sam Lake's look or not so it's THAT early in production. GTA VI will absolutely release first.

• Like 1
  • YEE 1

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Darth_Cruiser
54 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

They don't even know whether they'll keep Sam Lake's look or not so it's THAT early in production. GTA VI will absolutely release first.

VI may have been pushed to 2026. It's possible we may get the MP remake in 2025.

• Bruh 1

Aside from maybe a Sam Lake model easter egg mode, Max's model should definitely be younger McCaffrey.

Don't know how much Remedy can solo around and do their usual hijinks, since R* is still ultimately paying for this and sure R*/T2 would prefer for the character to match up with Max Payne 3

(Max Payne Full Trilogy Pack?)

Edited by GRANDHEIST

rollschuh2282
On 8/30/2023 at 9:36 AM, GRANDHEIST said:

They probably chose New York as Alan Wake's dark place with the Payne remakes in mind, would imagine lot of assets can be reused

Graphics will surely be on point

that reminds me.

iirc Alan´s apartment in Alan Wake 1 re-used max Payne 2 textures.

would be funny if Alan Wake 2 textures end up in Max Payne 2 remake.
it came full circle lol

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
AgentJizzle

I wonder how likely it is rockstar letting remedy use euphoria for the remakes. it would be great but considering how secretive they love to be and it's a completely separate engine it seems unlikely but it would be great.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Vigilant_Veggie

I am beyond hype for the MP remake. I have recently played the whole series, I beat the first two and am working on MP3 (played all of them on Xbox Series X). What an incredible gem of a series, my god. MP3 is easily the best third person shooter that I've ever played, and the charm and character of the first 2 are seriously captivating. I can only imagine how good the remake will be. I really hope it that has the same weightiness and feel that MP3 has, with all of the grit and psychological turmoil that the originals portrayed

Pashaforever

Right now I'm only waiting for GTA VI and the Max Payne remakes. They might save this generation.

GRANDHEIST

"Max Payne Remake is expected to move into full production during the second quarter of 2024"