Jump to content
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Updates
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Max Payne 1 & 2 from Remedy Entertainment


Onett
 Share

Recommended Posts

GRANDHEIST

Ugh, it seems that Remedy's CrossfireX team is making the Max Payne remakes... 

 

QHJdyhK.png

 

Still high hopes 🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GRANDHEIST
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Karl11 said:

Got a source for that?

The CEO talked in some stock thing about how time consuming it is to assemble good team "like the CrossfireX team",  so "it was clear" that they needed to start thinking about the next project for that team -> team was passionate about doing Max Payne, which suited Remedy's (and Rockstar's) interests

 

(but I'm sure Sam Lake & other teams will also contribute)

Edited by GRANDHEIST
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ChengizVlad09
Posted (edited)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr.com/remake-difficulty-fix-max-payne/amp/

 

This is basically the root of all evil in this f*cking industry. God I hate these f*cking twats. Who ever the f*ck they are. Max Payne video games are hard? Who said so? A retard? Just because a video game doesn't let you become a freaking terminator immediately, with a push of a button, just because it is expected from us to actually do something, all of a sudden it is considered to be a difficult one? Give me a goddamn break. No wonder they make video games on the assumption the average player is either an idiot or four years old. On the side note, haven't anyone told these 'journalists' there are difficulty modes in MP games? The biggest problem with Max Payne 2, literally the game breaking issue is the fact they f*cked up the bullet time mechanics. Is it really that fun speeding through it while everything else moves in slow-mo? Hell, I can bet it was Rockstar's main intention to mellow down MP2 'difficulty' in that sense just because they aimed at 'broader audience' as soon as they got their hands on it and further down the line, it's the reason why MP3 - R's greatest game gameplay wise, ever since 2008 -  didn't come across better reception, just because " iT's hARd ". f*ck this industry and especially its consumers.

 

No way in hell they aren't going to f*ck this up.

Edited by ChengizVlad09
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kris194
Posted (edited)

Who needs remake when we have "Definitive edition"

 

 

That walking/running animation :prismkek:

Edited by Kris194
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2022 at 4:06 PM, ChengizVlad09 said:

The biggest problem with Max Payne 2, literally the game breaking issue is the fact they f*cked up the bullet time mechanics. Is it really that fun speeding through it while everything else moves in slow-mo? Hell, I can bet it was Rockstar's main intention to mellow down MP2 'difficulty' in that sense just because they aimed at 'broader audience' as soon as they got their hands on it and further down the line, it's the reason why MP3 - R's greatest game gameplay wise, ever since 2008 -  didn't come across better reception, just because " iT's hARd ". f*ck this industry and especially its consumers.

Actually, Max Payne 2 was developed by Remedy themselves while R*'s subsidiary R* Vienna took care of the PS2 and XBOX ports.

 

It was Remedy's own idea to introduce that so-called "Bullet Time 2.0", which is, quite frankly, a semi-deconstruction of MP1's BT. I believe the "player runs faster in deep BT" thing was made for the new "sPeEdRuNnInG" version of the New York Minute mode so the player can score unnatural completion times by simply shooting enemies and running even more faster.

 

And yeah, MP2's BT is hardly any fun to me IMHO, they made the game slow down to 60% of the total timescale whereas MP1 takes it down to 20%. This is really not good for those strategical and messy situations where you need to be accurate because the time just isn't slow enough to make the right move in time.

 

And then there's the Shootdodging, in MP1 you needed some Bullet Time to trigger it (which added a bit of neat challenge to the game), but in MP2 you can trigger it even with 0% BT.

 

Not to mention I'm also WTF'd by the fact that Max\Mona suddenly start running faster as you take out the enemies. Bullet Time's logic is understandable up to the extent that with his extreme focus, Max can aim so fast that his enemies don't even get the chance to make their move before getting subsequently gunned down, but he can move faster too? IDK mang, that's kinda hard to digest.

Edited by H-G
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ChengizVlad09
Posted (edited)

@H-G

Yeah, true that. On the other, more subjective hand, that particular thing seems to be just like something Rockstar would have done or at least something they would glady approve. Max Payne 2 is most definitely an amazingly thought-through game, but that bullet time mechanics and everything else that you mentioned that's tied to it, is clearly a game-breaking downgrade and something that doesn't fit there. It takes away so much from that classic, paynesque feel. Not only that, but further down the line, it is quite unfathomable how can anyone deem such game to be anywhere near the realm of being 'hard' even on the hardest difficulty? BT mechanics in MP2 is literally a cheat code of sorts. Just like the dead eye in RDR2. I've said it, making video game meachanics like these is not only piss easy, but it is clearly meant to entertain either little kids or audiences with a clear intellectual deficit. What the hell is there to be nerfed in the first place, for crying out loud? Enemies committing suicides upon our arrival?

 

There's also one more thing that's completely out of place in MP2; rag-doll physics. Seriously, wtf is even that? Sending enemies airborn, pasting them on the ceilings while being pumped full of lead or dragging them with bullets across the floor is the single most distasteful thing, so badly exaggerated it doesn't even make sense. " Cool ", scripted animations in MP1 are way better and fit the general picture in much more suitable way - it has nothing to do with ' being realistic 'or not. It's simply a bad idea, lame designing in the first place. I'm sure underaged adore stuff like that, tho. Exaggeration is a beautiful thing, but it's of the utmost importance to know your boundaries, otherwise the purpose is trampled and we end up with something completely ridiculous looking, just like that godawful rag-doll of MP2. 

Edited by ChengizVlad09
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

There's also one more thing that's completely out of place in MP2; rag-doll physics. Seriously, wtf is even that? Sending enemies airborn, pasting them on the ceilings while being pumped full of lead or dragging them with bullets across the floor is the single most distasteful thing, so badly exaggerated it doesn't even make sense. " Cool ", scripted animations in MP1 are way better and fit the general picture in much more suitable way - it has nothing to do with ' being realistic 'or not. It's simply a bad idea, lame designing in the first place. I'm sure underaged adore stuff like that, tho. Exaggeration is a beautiful thing, but it's of the utmost importance to know your boundaries, otherwise the purpose is trampled and we end up with something completely ridiculous looking, just like that godawful rag-doll of MP2. 

I think the ragdoll physics were an excellent addition to the series. But yeah, too bad Remedy designed the physics' behavior a tad too awkward and somewhat hilarious, that was a bit of wasted potential there.

 

But then, at the end of the day, the wonky ragdoll physics are no problem. Mods can fix those for you. 😉

Edited by H-G
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

WanteD1
On 5/24/2022 at 2:52 PM, GRANDHEIST said:

Ugh, it seems that Remedy's CrossfireX team is making the Max Payne remakes... 

 

QHJdyhK.png

suicide.gif

  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ChengizVlad09
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, H-G said:

I think the ragdoll physics were an excellent addition to the series. But yeah, too bad Remedy designed the physics' behavior a tad too awkward and somewhat hilarious, that was a bit of wasted potential there.

 

But then, at the end of the day, the wonky ragdoll physics are no problem. Mods can fix those for you. 😉

 

https://www.pcgamer.com/after-15-years-max-payne-2-is-still-worth-playing-for-its-ridiculous-physics/

 

I wouldn't have anything against wonky ragdoll physics in numerous other games, but it simply doesn't suit Max Payne. I've got spoiled by the slow, heavy and much more cinematic, scripted and baked in advance, animations of the original. Blasting enemies from the close range with a shotgun and seeing them 'realistically' - in Hollywood terms, ofc - fly backwards just a couple of feet, was in the perfect sync with the general tone of the game, if not already more suiting to the eye. Properly exaggerated, in style and perfect boundaries of good taste.

 

I intentionally brought this article up, since it's a bit fascinating to me seeing the author frequently describes the physics as " ridiculous ", " silly ", " comical ", albeit being it all for the praise. Was MP2 really supposed to be ' a silly shooter ' in the first place? Can't tell, but judging from what we've seen in the first one - as well as the last one -  it's pretty far from it - especially not only story wise. Did the designing approach in terms of ragdoll animations make it look so? Most definitely. If I was to use an analogy, it would be exactly the same as seeing some flashy, low rider, over the top rims on a track sports car. Are they any good? Most likely. Hell, they can be the best. Do they fit that track car? Hardly. Add to that, for whatever reason, it's way easier to fit them in comparison to the appropriate ones. Do I criticize people for liking those rims? No, it's my intention to point out they are being mounted on the wrong car, that's all. Do I sound like pretentious prick while talking about it? Yeah, I do, but I just hate seeing my favorite video games butchered, so please don't get me wrong.

 

Dark and gloomy atmosphere, with dozens of bad guys looming everywhere, followed by depressing story simply doesn't deserve such a "silly " frature, no matter how good it is. 

Edited by ChengizVlad09
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

 

https://www.pcgamer.com/after-15-years-max-payne-2-is-still-worth-playing-for-its-ridiculous-physics/

 

I wouldn't have anything against wonky ragdoll physics in numerous other games, but it simply doesn't suit Max Payne. I've got spoiled by the slow, heavy and much more cinematic, scripted and baked in advance, animations of the original. Blasting enemies from the close range with a shotgun and seeing them 'realistically' - in Hollywood terms, ofc - fly backwards just a couple of feet, was in the perfect sync with the general tone of the game, if not already more suiting to the eye. Properly exaggerated, in style and perfect boundaries of good taste.

 

I intentionally brought this article up, since it's a bit fascinating to me seeing the author frequently describes the physics as " ridiculous ", " silly ", " comical ", albeit being it all for the praise. Was MP2 really supposed to be ' a silly shooter ' in the first place? Can't tell, but judging from what we've seen in the first one - as well as the last one -  it's pretty far from it - especially not only story wise. Did the designing approach in terms of ragdoll animations make it look so? Most definitely. If I was to use an analogy, it would be exactly the same as seeing some flashy, low rider, over the top rims on a track sports car. Are they any good? Most likely. Hell, they can be the best. Do they fit that track car? Hardly. Add to that, for whatever reason, it's way easier to fit them in comparison to the appropriate ones. Do I criticize people for liking those rims? No, it's my intention to point out they are being mounted on the wrong car, that's all. Do I sound like pretentious prick while talking about it? Yeah, I do, but I just hate seeing my favorite video games butchered, so please don't get me wrong.

 

Dark and gloomy atmosphere, with dozens of bad guys looming everywhere, followed by depressing story simply doesn't deserve such a "silly " frature, no matter how good it is. 

I understand the static death animations look nice in MP1, I, too, like them as much as you do. But it's also nice to have modern technology like the ragdolls, right? IMO Remedy simply messed the physics up and made them this wonky elastic stuff, otherwise it fits almost as well as the static death animations do in MP1.

 

Like I said before, the ragdoll physics can be even redesigned from the ground up to fit the tone of the game as the modding possibilities in MP2 are nearly sky-high. See the Payne Evolution mod for MP2 for example, it features the most realistic-looking physics IMHO (make sure to turn on High-Detail Ragdolls to see the effect).

Edited by H-G
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Iggy Pop

They will be pretty confident it will sell pretty well as they will be pretty confident that people still enjoy the first two games probably a lot more than 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
WanteD1

MP1-2 remakes maps should be bigger and full of new things + new  maps + new gameplay (even better than MP3)

 

+ I hope it will be made by Alan Wake 2 team and Sam Lake himself! 

Edited by WanteD1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

anizawa

Does anyone know more about these remakes? This feels like that time 2K announced Mafia 3 in a twitter post and didn't talk about it for a year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spider-Vice

It's in very very early dev according to Remedy's words so it will be a good while.

  • Like 1

NITW_cat_run_left_1_00004.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
olzhas1one
On 7/14/2022 at 7:15 AM, anizawa said:

Does anyone know more about these remakes? This feels like that time 2K announced Mafia 3 in a twitter post and didn't talk about it for a year.

We won't hear anything major about them until Alan Wake 2 is out, that's for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.